21. Oregon
22. Penn State
23. Wake Forest
24. Alabama
25. Pittsburgh

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankings?pollId=1

DeezNutz
08-16-2008, 04:34 PM
SEC and Big XII are going to have great years. Big surprise there.

chiefs1111
08-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah,its going to be a great season...

BigVE
08-16-2008, 04:37 PM
I predict that neither Mizzou or KU will do as well as they did last year. They will have good years but not meet up to hype. I'm thinking 2 losses for Mizzou and as many as 3 for KU BEFORE any big 12 championship game. I'm hoping they do well.

chiefs1111
08-16-2008, 04:37 PM
iam a little surprised to see Auburn so high though

Mecca
08-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Florida 5 in the polls and in torn ACL's.

CoMoChief
08-16-2008, 05:02 PM
Im surprised they don't have Notre Dame in the top 10, everyone for some reason sucks on that programs cock and they havent done shit.

eazyb81
08-16-2008, 05:09 PM
I predict that neither Mizzou or KU will do as well as they did last year. They will have good years but not meet up to hype. I'm thinking 2 losses for Mizzou and as many as 3 for KU BEFORE any big 12 championship game. I'm hoping they do well.

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens either, but I also wouldn't consider it a disappointment. If Mizzou ends up with 2 losses, that's still a 10 win season, which is a success in my book. KU's schedule is much tougher, so if they can get 8 or 9 wins it should also be considered a success.

BWillie
08-16-2008, 05:37 PM
Where the hell is my Hawkeyes?

Mecca
08-16-2008, 05:39 PM

After their season last year I doubt you'll find them anywhere close.

little jacob
08-16-2008, 05:39 PM
texas will finish higher than that and texas tech will not be on that list when the season is over.

Mecca
08-16-2008, 05:40 PM
This is considered a down year for Texas I believe...and hey Oklahoma can lose another bowl...they haven't been the same since the SC game.

BWillie
08-16-2008, 05:47 PM
Wow, Big 12 with 5 teams in the top 14. F*ck t he SEC

JuicesFlowing
08-16-2008, 05:54 PM
Can't wait to see how Kansas responds this year ... with a tougher schedule.

KChiefs1
08-16-2008, 06:01 PM
I predict that Mizzou will be #1 again sometime this season & that KU will be out of the Top 25 by Halloween.

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs
08-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Im surprised they don't have Notre Dame in the top 10, everyone for some reason sucks on that programs cock and they havent done shit.

Notre Dame got 2 votes! It's pathetic that they were listed among the "Others Receiving Votes".

BWillie
08-16-2008, 06:14 PM
I predict that Mizzou will be #1 again sometime this season & that KU will be out of the Top 25 by Halloween.

I love it how KU was the only real team that had one loss last year, and defeated Virginia Tech in their BCS game and everybody still thinks they are shitty. KU will probably go 8-4 I'd say. That is still a good year

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs
08-16-2008, 06:16 PM

If Iowa can't get one vote, what is the rationale for Notre Dame, Nebraska and North Carolina drawing votes?

UNC looks good on paper this year, but they still haven't done shit on the field with Butch Davis.

Bearcat
08-16-2008, 06:18 PM

It's very, very obvious KU isn't going to do as well this year. There aren't all that many teams in the nation that would have a winning record versus the top five teams on Kansas' schedule -- USF, OU, TT, UT, and MU. I don't think there are many realistic KU fans thinking they'll come close to matching last year's success.

As for Mizzou, I've heard different things... some seem content to match last year's success with a chance to play for the Big 12 Championship (nothing wrong with that), and some think it's 'the year'. One friend and MU grad told me they expect MU to win the NC this year.

It'll be another fun year... I love watching SEC football, and hopefully I'll be able to see a few Big 12 games up here in Big 11 country. I'll be in Ann Arbor for Utah vs. Michigan. PBJ

Gonzo
08-16-2008, 06:18 PM
If Iowa can't get one vote, what is the rationale for Notre Dame, Nebraska and North Carolina drawing votes?

UNC looks good on paper this year, but they still haven't done shit on the field with Butch Davis.

No one gives two shits what you think...

Cards Fan 4 Chiefs
08-16-2008, 06:23 PM

Por que?

Sam Hall
08-16-2008, 07:38 PM

I'm surprised Kirk Ferentz still has his job. Nebraska has a good offense and a coach who can help the defense. I'd like the Huskers' chances against the Hawkeyes.

Skip Towne
08-16-2008, 07:45 PM

You forgot "dipshit"

Midnight_Vulture
08-16-2008, 07:46 PM
Missouri will lose their first game to Illinois. I definitely think that will happen.

Oklahoma will win the Big 12 with ease IMO.

Georgia, while I like em, will not be able to run the table in the SEC. Waaay too tough.

The National CHampionship will be USC vs Oklahoma...again.

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2008, 12:17 AM
Wow, Big 12 with 5 teams in the top 14. F*ck t he SEC

You do realize the SEC has 4 teams in the top 10 while the Big 12 has 2 and no other conference has more than 1? Dumbass.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 12:20 AM
You do realize the SEC has 4 teams in the top 10 while the Big 12 has 2 and no other conference has more than 1? Dumbass.

What is going in in your camp down there? I've been wondering how 5 dudes blow ACL's.

Also I see Emmanuel Moody made a smooth decision to transfer down there ROFL

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 12:24 AM
Missouri will lose their first game to Illinois. I definitely think that will happen.

Georgia, while I like em, will not be able to run the table in the SEC. Waaay too tough.

The National Dickship will be USC vs Me and I have a bike. LOL them fuggers.

FYP

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2008, 12:25 AM
What is going in in your camp down there? I've been wondering how 5 dudes blow ACL's.

Also I see Emmanuel Moody made a smooth decision to transfer down there ROFL

I heard Moody tore it up in a recent practice. We're psyched over the depth of our backfield this season (Moody, Moore, Rainey, Demps, Jacobs, Harvin). I don't see Tebow topping 500yds rushing this season. Ingram's injury sucks but Hernandez can fill in there. Kinda wrecks the whole 2TE set though. The 2 safeties who are gone hurts too. The other injuries aren't much. Hopefully no more.

|Zach|
08-17-2008, 12:33 AM
I'll be in Ann Arbor for Utah vs. Michigan. PBJ

Awesome.

|Zach|
08-17-2008, 12:34 AM
Clemson? Are they coming strong?

I am not hating on them or anything I just didn't realize they had a Top 10 type team there this year.

What is their story?

KcMizzou
08-17-2008, 12:40 AM

The National CHampionship will be USC vs Oklahoma...again.Illinois will be a tough test for Mizzou, just like last season. No doubt about it.

But I think Mizzou will win, just like last season. And you, Midnight-Gulper will be reduced to hoping our real rivals (the dastardly beakers) can knock us off.

Sorry 'bout your luck.

DaKCMan AP
08-17-2008, 12:42 AM

I am not hating on them or anything I just didn't realize they had a Top 10 type team there this year.

What is their story?

CJ Spiller = the shit.

Midnight_Vulture
08-17-2008, 02:14 AM
Illinois will be a tough test for Mizzou, just like last season. No doubt about it.

But I think Mizzou will win, just like last season. And you, Midnight-Gulper will be reduced to hoping our real rivals (the dastardly beakers) can knock us off.

Sorry 'bout your luck.

The only reason Misery won againist the Illini is due to the fact that Juice was knocked out for most of the game and they had to play their backup who turned it over a TON of times. How hard is it for you Misery idiots to understand that?

And I wont be rooting for the Gayhawks to beat you. Why would I? You guys are irrelavent in college football. You'll be playing second fiddle to Oklahoma anyways.

Smed1065
08-17-2008, 02:31 AM
The only reason Misery won againist the Illini is due to the fact that Juice was knocked out for most of the game and they had to play their backup who turned it over a TON of times. How hard is it for you Misery idiots to understand that?

And I wont be rooting for the Gayhawks to beat you. Why would I? You guys are irrelavent in college football. You'll be playing second fiddle to Oklahoma anyways.

One guy had a " ton" of touches? Also turned it over every "ton" of touches. OJ did not play.

I bet he did not touch it 10% of the tons, unless your are deflecting your uncle.

Drama Bitch.

Any more excuses?

http://scosoft.com/h/e/73169ecb.gif

runnercyclist
08-17-2008, 02:43 AM
Go Mountaineers!

I predict they will rise up the rankings quickly this year.

eazyb81
08-17-2008, 05:05 PM

What is their story?

Clemson is a team that gets hyped up every year because little Bowden is a good recruiter. They have a chance to be really good because they have a good QB, good WR, and probably the best 1-2 punch at RB in the nation with Spiller and Davis. Also the ACC sucks so they should win the league.

Bowser
08-17-2008, 05:43 PM
How many weeks until Georgia is out of the top spot?

POND_OF_RED
08-17-2008, 06:09 PM
How many weeks until Georgia is out of the top spot?

Week 3 @ South Carolina

alanm
08-17-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm surprised Kirk Ferentz still has his job. Nebraska has a good offense and a coach who can help the defense. I'd like the Huskers' chances against the Hawkeyes.
Only problem is they don't play.

Skip Towne
08-17-2008, 06:18 PM

Then how will we know who won?

alanm
08-17-2008, 06:22 PM
Then how will we know who won?
Gotta get the paper I guess. Nebraska isn't worthy of being on TV.

Yet.

kstater
08-17-2008, 06:25 PM
ROFL@SamHall

Sam Hall
08-17-2008, 07:51 PM

The point is if they did play, I'd like the Huskers' chances.

Sam Hall
08-17-2008, 07:52 PM
ROFL@SamHall

You can't laugh at a Nebraska fan until your team beats the Huskers.

Iowa has a 19-18 record during the past three seasons, and they wouldn't play a Nebraska team that had given up on its coach.

whoman69
08-17-2008, 08:41 PM

Actually the Hawkeyes were rated 31st by SI. They were a very young team last year.

Mecca
08-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Clemson is a team that gets hyped up every year because little Bowden is a good recruiter. They have a chance to be really good because they have a good QB, good WR, and probably the best 1-2 punch at RB in the nation with Spiller and Davis. Also the ACC sucks so they should win the league.

That doesn't even count guys like Ricky Sapp and Michael Hamlin, Clemson all in all is a very good team.

Coach
08-17-2008, 08:56 PM
That doesn't even count guys like Ricky Sapp and Michael Hamlin, Clemson all in all is a very good team.

They are a very good team. The big question is, can they finally win it all? Seems that they have trouble sealing the deal.

eazyb81
08-18-2008, 12:38 PM

It will also be interesting to see what Daquan Bowers contributes this year.

|Zach|
08-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Looking forward to getting this going.

http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/miss/graphics/08-fb-landing-a-1.jpg

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 12:46 PM
Same here!

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/kan/genrel/facilities/stadium-sellout-450w.jpg

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
I would love to have 8-4 season and a bowl win for the Jayhawks this year... Dont expect the magical ride of last year, but should be good times for the Hawks!

Pitt Gorilla
08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
It's very, very obvious KU isn't going to do as well this year. There aren't all that many teams in the nation that would have a winning record versus the top five teams on Kansas' schedule -- USF, OU, TT, UT, and MU. I don't think there are many realistic KU fans thinking they'll come close to matching last year's success.

As for Mizzou, I've heard different things... some seem content to match last year's success with a chance to play for the Big 12 Championship (nothing wrong with that), and some think it's 'the year'. One friend and MU grad told me they expect MU to win the NC this year.

It'll be another fun year... I love watching SEC football, and hopefully I'll be able to see a few Big 12 games up here in Big 11 country. I'll be in Ann Arbor for Utah vs. Michigan. PBJI'm just worried about Illinois right now.

beach tribe
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
ROFLWow, Big 12 with 5 teams in the top 14. F*ck t he SEC

ROFL We'll see how that turns out. I would bet on yet ANOTHER title being hoisted by the SEC.

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
My sanctuary:

http://www.gatorboosters.org/images/facilities/bhg/6.jpg

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2008, 12:54 PM
ROFL

ROFL We'll see how that turns out. I would bet on yet ANOTHER title being hoisted by the SEC.

Yeah, the dummy doesn't realize that the SEC has 4 teams in the top 10. No other conference has more than 2.

beach tribe
08-18-2008, 01:00 PM
Yeah, the dummy doesn't realize that the SEC has 4 teams in the top 10. No other conference has more than 2.

We completely agree on this.

Now I would like to give you a big orange **** you.

Stryker
08-18-2008, 02:33 PM

DITTO

BEHOLD Death Valley!
http://www.crescentcitytigers.com/images/TigerStadium20000920LSU38Tenn31.jpg

DaKCMan AP
08-18-2008, 02:35 PM

I've been there (was on hand for the 21-20 victory 2 years ago :D) and while yours holds 107,000+ the Swamp is louder!!

El Jefe
08-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Illinois will be a tough test for Mizzou, just like last season. No doubt about it.

Sorry 'bout your luck.

It's one of those games that you never know what will happen. Will you see the good Illinois team or the bad Illinois team, they are very much a hot and cold team, and all their success depends on if Juice is good or bad that game. Remeber they lost Mendenhall and their best defensive player in Lehman (sp).

El Jefe
08-18-2008, 02:46 PM
I've been there (was on hand for the 21-20 victory 2 years ago :D) and while yours holds 107,000+ the Swamp is louder!!

Not to be a homer, but the loudest games I have ever been to have been the Buckeyes vs scUM, we hate each other with a passion, and it gets intense. There are always fights and beer being tossed on other people, ahhh good times, gotta love College Football.

eazyb81
08-18-2008, 02:59 PM

I'm going to Neyland Stadium for the first time this season - can't wait.

POND_OF_RED
08-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Not to be a homer, but the loudest games I have ever been to have been the Buckeyes vs scUM, we hate each other with a passion, and it gets intense. There are always fights and beer being tossed on other people, ahhh good times, gotta love College Football.

I can only imagine what that game was like a couple years ago. Both undefeated 1&2. I mean Missouri Kansas was similar last year but probably not even close in intensity considering the football rivalry that you've had for years. If it was even more intense than that MU-KU game last year than I can't even imagine it. Walking into arrowhead gave me goosebumps with how big that game was. Shoulder to shoulder people not moving at all just yelling at each other. I love college football. Can't wait for it to get here.

beach tribe
08-18-2008, 03:08 PM

On this we do not agree. Florida is one hell of a program though. Here i to another year of SEC dominance.:toast:

beach tribe
08-18-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm going to Neyland Stadium for the first time this season - can't wait.

You will love it. I'm going to Arrowhead for the first time this season to watch TN-KC.