PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Who here thinks Carl Peterson can do what he did with this team in 1989?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-18-2008, 07:52 PM
I mean seriously. Maybe he's proven he can't win a Super Bowl. But hasn't he also proven he knows how to turn around a loser? Granted, this is the first time it's been his own. LMAO

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Funny, but no.

He won't have the time.

He turns into a pumpkin at 12:00am, January 1, 2010.

Hammock Parties
08-18-2008, 07:55 PM
2010?

I thought his contract was up after this season?

Mr. Flopnuts
08-18-2008, 07:56 PM
But can he turn this team around in 2 years like he did the last time? No Joe Montana...............OR IS THERE?!?!?!?!?

OnTheWarpath15
08-18-2008, 07:57 PM
2010?

Nope.

He re-did his deal at the same time Herm was hired. 4 years.

Which means both of their contracts expire AFTER the 2009 season.

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Depends if we can find our Derrick Thomas and Neil Smith

We just traded away our Neil Smith in Jared Allen. And we don't have a Derrick Thomas.

He doesn't have time to get both.

BWillie
08-18-2008, 08:17 PM
The best GM in football. Puts teams in position routinely every year to succeed. He almost singlehandedly made the Chiefs what they are today. Unless you are over 30, Carl brought just about all of us into the glory, created a great college atmosphere and created a winning tradition. Without Carl, the Chiefs might have been the Royals of the 1990's and Chiefsplanet may not have even existed

CoMoChief
08-18-2008, 08:24 PM
The best GM in football. Puts teams in position routinely every year to succeed. He almost singlehandedly made the Chiefs what they are today. Unless you are over 30, Carl brought just about all of us into the glory, created a great college atmosphere and created a winning tradition. Without Carl, the Chiefs might have been the Royals of the 1990's and Chiefsplanet may not have even existed

YES!!!!!!!!!!!! CHIEFSPLANET EXSISTS BECAUSE OF CARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Otter
08-18-2008, 08:26 PM
The best GM in football.

ROFL

Is this the same GM that's longest tenure in the NFL without a Super Bowl and who hasn't won a playoff game in 14 years best GM in football?

You got to be ****ing kidding me. I'm not going to rehash this argument anymore but...wow there's homer then there's stupid homer.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2008, 08:28 PM

Thanks for the Comedy GOLD!

BWillie
08-18-2008, 08:29 PM
ROFL

Is this the same GM that's longest tenure in the NFL without a Super Bowl and who hasn't won a playoff game in 14 years best GM in football?

You got to be ****ing kidding me. I'm not going to rehash this argument anymore but...wow there's homer then there's stupid homer.

I don't care that much if we don't win the Super Bowl. If we are competitive every year for 15 years, that is much better than sucking for 14 years, then winning the super bowl. That is why I like college sports...there are dynasties like Michigan and Oklahoma football and Kansas and UNC basketball. Even if they don't win the championship for the longest time like KU did, at least they are respected and it's fun to be a fan.

Deberg_1990
08-18-2008, 08:30 PM
I don't care that much if we don't win the Super Bowl.

and this is EXACTLY why Carl still has a job.

shaneo69
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Sure, if he hired Marty Schottenheimer right now he could get back to the playoffs in 2 years. Never sniff the Super Bowl though.

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 08:31 PM
2010?

and you're the sports reporter

Bugeater
08-18-2008, 08:35 PM
Funny, but no.

He won't have the time.

He turns into a pumpkin at 12:00am, January 1, 2010.

What makes you so sure he won't be offered another contract?

Reerun_KC
08-18-2008, 08:49 PM
Nope.

He re-did his deal at the same time Herm was hired. 4 years.

Which means both of their contracts expire AFTER the 2009 season.
Best news of the night.

FAX
08-18-2008, 08:55 PM
Does Carl currently have the same control as compared to his role way back in 1989, Mr. Mr Flopnuts? According to several Chiefs writers, Herm has taken on a number of Carl's previous resonsibilities so the answer is no. And, if the answer is no, your question is .... MOOT!!!!

FAX

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2008, 09:03 PM
I don't care that much if we don't win the Super Bowl. If we are competitive every year for 15 years, that is much better than sucking for 14 years, then winning the super bowl. That is why I like college sports...there are dynasties like Michigan and Oklahoma football and Kansas and UNC basketball. Even if they don't win the championship for the longest time like KU did, at least they are respected and it's fun to be a fan.

This is ****ing stupid. Carls dream fan...:rolleyes:

BigMeatballDave
08-18-2008, 09:04 PM
:doh!:The best GM in football. Puts teams in position routinely every year to succeed. He almost singlehandedly made the Chiefs what they are today. Unless you are over 30, Carl brought just about all of us into the glory, created a great college atmosphere and created a winning tradition. Without Carl, the Chiefs might have been the Royals of the 1990's and Chiefsplanet may not have even existed:spock:

FAX
08-18-2008, 09:06 PM
Methinks Mr. BWillie007 may be tugging our willies.

FAX

Mr. Flopnuts
08-18-2008, 09:17 PM
Does Carl currently have the same control as compared to his role way back in 1989, Mr. Mr Flopnuts? According to several Chiefs writers, Herm has taken on a number of Carl's previous resonsibilities so the answer is no. And, if the answer is no, your question is .... MOOT!!!!

FAX

Point. Mr. Fax. 15-Love.

Bwana
08-18-2008, 09:43 PM

:shake:

el borracho
08-18-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm too lazy to look it up again but I'm pretty sure Carl's record without Marty is average. We were good because of Marty- not Carl (and Herm, 52-60, is no Marty). Carl isn't going to accomplish shit here in the next two years which will ultimately mean Carl will have jacked us around for 2 decades with only 2 or 3 playoffs wins, no conference championships and no SuperBowl trophies.

J Diddy
08-18-2008, 10:08 PM

holy ****ing shit

that was hilarious

BWillie
08-18-2008, 10:09 PM

I actually use my left hand. Good try though :clap:

Rain Man
08-19-2008, 12:23 AM
I have strong confidence that Carl could start with this year's team and go another 20 years without appearing in a Super Bowl.

JuicesFlowing
08-19-2008, 01:30 AM
ROFL

I thought that was Cleveland's GM.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2008, 07:09 AM
Carl has basically put us on the same scale as the Detroit Lions... No other team is worse than the Chiefs besides the Lions when it comes to playoff success. Or lack there of, But hey, Carl brought the Chiefs the Glory Years of Mediocrity.

dj56dt58
08-19-2008, 07:35 AM

I do agree a little bit..Carl has gotten the players and coaches..once they make the playoffs the rest is up to them, and they never got the job done

that said..its time for Carl to go

gblowfish
08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
I actually use my left hand. Good try though :clap:
Try sitting on the right one until it falls asleep, then use it.
It's called "Dating the Stranger".

Bwana
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Try sitting on the right one until it falls asleep, then use it.
It's called "Dating the Stranger".

I can picture the guy dumping a beer into his hand, "Trying to get his date drunk."

FAX
08-19-2008, 04:40 PM
How about little finger lingerie for those very special evenings? Knuckle bras?

FAX

beavis
08-19-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm too lazy to look it up again but I'm pretty sure Carl's record without Marty is average. We were good because of Marty- not Carl (and Herm, 52-60, is no Marty). Carl isn't going to accomplish shit here in the next two years which will ultimately mean Carl will have jacked us around for 2 decades with only 2 or 3 playoffs wins, no conference championships and no SuperBowl trophies.

We have a winner.

Reerun_KC
08-19-2008, 08:42 PM
So what has Martha done without Carl? When is the last time Martha won a playoff game?

Martha isnt shit without Carl and Carl isnt shit without Martha, Together they will bring you a big pile of mediocre shit...

BIG K
08-19-2008, 10:03 PM
So what has Martha done without Carl? When is the last time Martha won a playoff game?

Martha isnt shit without Carl and Carl isnt shit without Martha, Together they will bring you a big pile of mediocre shit...

Nice! Without each other, they just serve up shit burgers......REP!

blueballs
08-19-2008, 10:25 PM
Carl is going to trade himself to Lions
the last piece in the Detroit puzzle
as per all Chiefs transactions compensation will not be disclosed

el borracho
08-19-2008, 10:40 PM

1. There was talk of Marty earning "coach of the year" for his work in Washington; Marty also led the Chargers to their best record (14-2) finding two more bonafide coordinators along the way.
2. Hmm, I don't know when Marty won his last playoff game. I do know that he is one of the winningest coaches and I also know that you can't win a playoff game without making the playoffs.
3. I hope all of you Marty-bashers are mentally prepared for Marty's next gig- Carl's successor, GM of the Chiefs.

BIG K
08-19-2008, 11:12 PM
1. There was talk of Marty earning "coach of the year" for his work in Washington; Marty also led the Chargers to their best record (14-2) finding two more bonafide coordinators along the way.
2. Hmm, I don't know when Marty won his last playoff game. I do know that he is one of the winningest coaches and I also know that you can't win a playoff game without making the playoffs.
3. I hope all of you Marty-bashers are mentally prepared for Marty's next gig- Carl's successor, GM of the Chiefs.

I am ok with that..