PDA

View Full Version : Weather Yell at people you don't know across a fjord

banyon
08-18-2008, 10:10 PM
Telemegaphone Dale is a 23-foot-tall wind-powered loudspeaker sculpture that picks up incoming calls and projects them into the nearby surroundings. This Telemegaphone, created by the Swedish designers at Unsworn Industries, is located on a mountain overlooking the village of Dalsfjord in Western Norway. Apparently, a “massive” amount of people have been calling. The sculpture is only “available” when the wind is blowing and the line isn’t busy.

http://oddstrument.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/telemegaphone01.jpg

“When you dial the Telemegaphone’s phone number the sound of your voice is projected out across the fjord, the valley and the village of Dale below. No answer? Telemegaphone Dale is wind powered and self-reliant. Recently however, the weather has been exceptionally calm in Dale and there has been a massive amount of people calling.”

Call +4790369389 to have your voice blasted into the luscious lands of Norway. Open for business August 02 - September 06, 2008!

http://oddstrument.com/2008/08/06/call-this-number/

What would you yell?

blueballs
08-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Roseann Barr signing the national anthem

Bugeater
08-18-2008, 10:34 PM
That sounds like it would be incredibly annoying.

banyon
08-18-2008, 10:39 PM
That sounds like it would be incredibly annoying.

I kind of wonder how much $ they are making though.

How much say would you accept for compensation if you set up a speaker in your bedroom for people to yell at you throughout the night?

Bugeater
08-18-2008, 10:56 PM
I kind of wonder how much $ they are making though.

How much say would you accept for compensation if you set up a speaker in your bedroom for people to yell at you throughout the night?

I'd have to at least make enough to be able to afford to stay home and sleep the next day. Hell that actually sounds better than what I do for a living now, although I'm not sure the Mrs would approve of it.

banyon
08-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I'd have to at least make enough to be able to afford to stay home and sleep the next day. Hell that actually sounds better than what I do for a living now, although I'm not sure the Mrs would approve of it.

Good God, what do you do, if you don't mind my asking?

Bugeater
08-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Good God, what do you do, if you don't mind my asking?

Heh, I do painting and light home remodeling. It's not really that bad, but lying there getting yelled at would certainly be less physically taxing. I'm not getting any younger. :)

ZootedGranny
08-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Hope these Norwegian mother****ers are ready for some Rodney O & Joe Cooley "Everlasting Bass."