PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Bobby Bell joins WPI's Out of Bounds Podcast

Hammock Parties
08-18-2008, 11:23 PM
http://kan.scout.com/2/780826.html

WARPAINT ILLUSTRATED’S WEEKLY OUT OF BOUNDS PODCAST FEATURES CHIEFS HALL OF FAMER BOBBY BELL.

Pro Football Hall of Fame LB Bobby Bell Adds Legendary Perspective to Chiefs 2008-2009 Season

Warpaint Illustrated is proud to announce the addition of Pro Football Hall of Fame linebacker Bobby Bell to its weekly Out of Bounds podcast. Bell will join Warpaint Illustrated Publisher Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan each Monday to add perspective on the Chiefs 2008-2009 season. Warpaint’s Out of Bounds podcast can be heard every evening at www.warpaintillustrated.com (http://kan.scout.com/), beginning Monday, August 18 through the Super Bowl.

"This is a dream come true,” said Athan of Bell’s addition. “As a kid growing up in Kansas City I was blessed to be Bobby’s neighbor for a large part of my youth. He is one of the primary reasons I grew up a fan of the Chiefs. His addition to our team is just the continued evolution of Warpaint Illustrated.com and our desire to secure the best talent and content in covering the Kansas City Chiefs.”

Out of Bounds will be recorded via 101 the Fox KCFX - the Flagship Station of the Kansas City Chiefs. The show will allow fans to get to know Bobby Bell better and learn how he’s giving back to the fans through the Chiefs Fan Rewards program – www.chiefstravel.com (http://www.chiefstravel.com/). Bell is the official spokesperson. In addition, the show will include special appearances by Bell’s former teammates, other special NFL guests and, of course, analysis of the Chiefs wins and losses throughout the season.

“I’ve always had a special relationship with Kansas City Chiefs fans and joining the Out of Bounds team will be an extension of that relationship,” said Bell. “I look forward to providing perspective on what I am sure will be a great season of Chiefs football.”

About Bobby Bell

Bobby Bell became the first Chiefs player to be enshrined in the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a member of the Class of 1983. Some have called him the greatest outside linebacker to play the game. Throughout his career, Bell earned a spot in the AFL All-Star game, had nine Pro Bowl appearances and was named to the AFL’s all-time team. He starred on two AFL Championship teams and played in Super Bowls I and IV.

About Warpaint Illustrated

In 2006, Warpaint Illustrated.com began production of Out of Bounds, a one-hour podcast. Produced in conjunction with 101 the Fox KCFX - the Flagship Station of the Kansas City Chiefs - the show features a roundtable format designed to discuss the Kansas City Chiefs every Monday throughout the season. It has included NFL notables, Chiefs coaches and players. Out of Bounds continues to grow in audience and stature with tens of thousands of downloads each week. For more information, visit www.warpaintillustrated.com (http://kan.scout.com/).

Media Contacts:

Warpaint Illustrated
Nick Athan
madgreek@kcnet.com

High Impact Marketing – Bobby Bell
Mark Molzen 602.614.7476
mark@himemail.com

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2008, 11:30 PM
Why you lucky sons of a bitches

Phobia
08-18-2008, 11:33 PM
“As a kid growing up in Kansas City I was blessed to be Bobby’s neighbor for a large part of my youth.

It wouldn't be much of a Nick "The Erroneous One" Athan column without that little tidbit in there. You let another one slip through, Clayton.

Bobby Bell is a great human being - an even better football player.... He's incredibly funny. He wasn't my neighbor or anything but I've enjoyed his company before. I don't think I'd break down any doors to hear him on the radio - or the internet.

For the record, this would be my response if Bobby had just signed on with 101 The Fox as well.

Tribal Warfare
08-18-2008, 11:38 PM
I don't think I'd break down any doors to hear him on the radio - or the internet.

Dude!!!!!!!It's Bobby Bell I'd definitely listen to his comments and thoughts

FAX
08-18-2008, 11:43 PM
This is fabulous news for you guys, Mr. GoChiefs. Even though I can kick his ass at Foosball with three of my little plastic men's little plastic hands tied behind their little plastic backs, Bell is one of the all time greats. As an NFL player and, of course, as a Chief. A violent, fast, hard-hitting, intelligent player. He'll bring a lot to WPI.

Congratulations.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-18-2008, 11:44 PM
This is fabulous news for you guys, Mr. GoChiefs. Even though I can kick his ass at Foosball with three of my little plastic men's little plastic hands tied behind their little plastic backs, Bell is one of the all time greats. As an NFL player and, of course, as a Chief. A violent, fast, hard-hitting, intelligent player. He'll bring a lot to WPI.

Congratulations.

FAX

I'm excited to meet him. I've never met any of the old-tyme Chiefs save Len Dawson. He sounds like a really cool guy who has bonded with the fans.

FAX
08-18-2008, 11:47 PM
It's great for you guys, that's for sure, Mr. GoChiefs. Bobby Bell is an NFL icon. You should get him to autograph your buttocks, or something.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-18-2008, 11:48 PM
It's great for you guys, that's for sure, Mr. GoChiefs. Bobby Bell is an NFL icon. You should get him to autograph your buttocks, or something.

FAX

I would love to create a highlight video for Mr. Bell. It would be an honor.

FAX
08-18-2008, 11:52 PM
That's a great idea. Do you have access to some of the old games? I know there are a couple of playoff games out there - and the SBs, of course. I'm certain he would love to see a highlight reel featuring that defense ... just one of the top 5 defenses to ever take the field in the NFL.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-18-2008, 11:53 PM
That's a great idea. Do you have access to some of the old games?

I bet the Chiefs do.

FAX
08-18-2008, 11:54 PM
You should do it. As a welcome to the organization gift.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 12:01 AM
You should do it. As a welcome to the organization gift.

FAX

The Chiefs aren't about to provide me with access to their video archives.

FAX
08-19-2008, 12:02 AM
Houston ... we have a problem.

Are there no other sources?

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 12:03 AM
Houston ... we have a problem.

Are there no other sources?

FAX

NFL freakin' Films. I'll just give them a call.

Phobia
08-19-2008, 12:05 AM
NFL freakin' Films. I'll just give them a call.

Yeah - save them some time tracking you down.

Sure-Oz
08-19-2008, 12:49 AM
Bobby Bell was really nice to me when i was 12 and wanted his autograph, i still have the ball he signed for me

Goapics1
08-19-2008, 06:04 AM
I don't think I'd break down any doors to hear him on the radio - or the internet.

Sounds like you are a little jealous of Mr GoChiefs, IMHO.

Phobia
08-19-2008, 07:57 AM
Sounds like you are a little jealous of Mr GoChiefs, IMHO.

Heh. Yes, that's right. I want to be just like him.

Demonpenz
08-19-2008, 10:23 AM
There are so many highlights that I would love to have packaged. You always see the same highlights, but I wouldn't mind having every sack ever by DT just strung together. There could be music, but I always see the same highlights over and over and half of those are stills of him in the rain. If you ever want to see a good show. Watch the game where richard dent and Derrick Thomas were in the backfield the entire game for the Niners and chiefs.

beavis
08-19-2008, 10:27 AM
How can this not be considered blatant spamming of the board?

little jacob
08-19-2008, 10:52 AM
it is sad that Bell is lowering himself to this

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 10:55 AM

Dude, Chiefs fans love our podcast. Bobby Bell loves Chiefs fans. It's a great fit.

Jenson71
08-19-2008, 11:00 AM
Cool. Do you have to be an insider?

I like the articles you can see on the site that give you a good amount of information, like this: http://kan.scout.com/2/780820.html

King_Chief_Fan
08-19-2008, 11:06 AM
How can this not be considered blatant spamming of the board?

obviously the mods don't give a flying rats behind about that.
Spam away Chiefs fans

Tribal Warfare
08-19-2008, 11:08 AM

Honestly,Bobby probably thinks that WPI is some KC Chiefs fan club, and thus doesn't have a problem making an appearance.

Deberg_1990
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Is Bobby Bell hard up for money?? Thats sad....

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 11:10 AM
Cool. Do you have to be an insider?

I like the articles you can see on the site that give you a good amount of information, like this: http://kan.scout.com/2/780820.html

Nope, podcast has always been free.

King_Chief_Fan
08-19-2008, 11:12 AM
Is Bobby Bell hard up for money?? Thats sad....

agree, you would think a hall of fame football player could get better gigs.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 11:18 AM
agree, you would think a hall of fame football player could get better gigs.

Wait 'til you hear who we got to do our radio show this year.... ;)

blueballs
08-19-2008, 11:20 AM
it's not spamming
it's a thread spinoff
Claythan now has a wingman

little jacob
08-19-2008, 11:23 AM
obviously the mods don't give a flying rats behind about that.
Spam away Chiefs fans

i have never seen a website allow free unlimited advertising to a competitor

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 11:25 AM

Dude, I hate when these threads go down this path, but for the millionth time - Chiefsplanet and Warpaint aren't competitors.

Demonpenz
08-19-2008, 11:27 AM

I agree It's like advertising a chicken planks from long john silvers in a mcdonalds

Deberg_1990
08-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Dude, I hate when these threads go down this path

Then why post your WPI spam over here? Pretty much every WPI related thread you make GOES DOWN THIS PATH.

Phobia
08-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Dude, I hate when these threads go down this path, but for the millionth time - Chiefsplanet and Warpaint aren't competitors.
Maybe not in the traditional sense of the word but when you dig deeper....

Warpaint has Nick Athan
ChiefsPlanet has Brad Essex

the Talking Can
08-19-2008, 12:52 PM
this allows spam like this because this site exists to drive registrations for WPI....

and in return? just more spam....

little jacob
08-19-2008, 12:54 PM
this is not even a poorly written article you could istake as being from a legitimate news source, it's an undisguised advertisement

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 12:57 PM
this is not even a poorly written article you could istake as being from a legitimate news source, it's an undisguised advertisement

You're quite the go-getter, n00b.

DaFace
08-19-2008, 01:07 PM

What exactly are we competing for?

Skip Towne
08-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah - save them some time tracking you down.

:LOL:

Chiefnj2
08-19-2008, 03:20 PM

WPI would like CP members to go to their site and click on their articles, don't they?

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 03:24 PM
WPI would like CP members to go to their site and click on their articles, don't they?

Sure. You don't have to. You can read it here at Chiefsplanet.

the Talking Can
08-19-2008, 03:37 PM

we aren't competing for anything

but we are used for a constant stream of spam, the point of which is to drive people to a for-profit site....for the point of making profit...

we don't allow spam for all products....just one, for some reason...

King_Chief_Fan
08-19-2008, 03:38 PM
You're quite the go-getter, n00b.
and he is fairly accurate also

DaFace
08-19-2008, 04:10 PM
we aren't competing for anything

but we are used for a constant stream of spam, the point of which is to drive people to a for-profit site....for the point of making profit...

we don't allow spam for all products....just one, for some reason...

Does the KC Star make a profit? What about ESPN? Their articles are posted on here all the time as well. Should that be considered spam? What about formerdb's articles on the Coalition? I'd think that they're as much a "competitor" as WPI is, if not more. What if another user posts WPI content on here aside from GoChiefs? Should we delete that as well? There have been a couple posts from ArrowheadPride on here in the past few months with articles from his blog. He's a good writer, but probably no more reputable than some of the WPI guys when it really comes down to it. Is that spam too?

I'm not arguing that WPI is anywhere near the level of ESPN, but I just don't get the hatred toward posting their articles on here. I actually think it's pretty cool that Bell is going to be on, and I may even tune into their podcast just to hear what he has to say. Does that change the fact that I think Athan is a hack and is largely incompetent? Of course not. Would I care of WPI ceased to exist tomorrow? Nope. But they do have some decent content, and every other week there's a thread complaining about the lack of Chiefs content on ChiefsPlanet.

Look, if people are really that against it, I don't have any issue with changing my view on what is and is not spam. But I have serious doubts that the Planet as a whole would be for an all-out ban of WPI content.

Phobia
08-19-2008, 04:15 PM
DaFace,
If these websites don't compete try posting a link to ChiefsPlanet or any other site on WPI. I've seen people banned for it over there. So my attitude towards it has changed in recent months.

Every website on the internet is competing for clicks.

DaFace
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
DaFace,
If these websites don't compete try posting a link to ChiefsPlanet or any other site on WPI. I've seen people banned for it over there. So my attitude towards it has changed in recent months.

Every website on the internet is competing for clicks.

I don't think there's any argument that WPI's forums are different than ChiefsPlanet from a philosophical standpoint. They fully embrace censorship, while one of the fundamental tenets of ChiefsPlanet is the lack of it. I guess that's why I hesitate so much with actually saying "No WPI articles on ChiefsPlanet." It just strikes me as going against some of the basic principals of this place.

FAX
08-19-2008, 04:20 PM
For what it's worth (and that isn't much), I didn't see this particular thread as "spam". I viewed this as news relating to Bobby Bell - one of the greatest Chiefs of all times - and, therefore, perfectly reasonable. I also like the WPI articles - even the ones that suck a lot - because they're Chiefs related. What I don't like (and what I consider to be spam) are the endless posts that are simply stating stuff like, "We said that on WPI last week." or "WPI has an article about that on our site." Those are the posts that I absolutely consider to be extreme spamish.

Also, I am fully aware that Mr. GoChiefs makes those posts for the primary purpose of irritating peeps. It's the only conceivable reason - and it works. However, were I a mod, I would have a difficult time sorting out those dastardly posts from the decent ones. That's why I think Mr. GoChiefs needs to voluntarily desist from that behavior because it's good and right and nice. And I am convinced that, somewhere in the furthest regions of Mr. GoChiefs' troubled soul, there still exists some goodness and rightness and niceness if only we could reach it.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Also, I am fully aware that Mr. GoChiefs makes those posts for the primary purpose of irritating peeps.

That's not even remotely true. I just want to bring Chiefs news to Chiefs fans.

DaFace
08-19-2008, 04:22 PM
However, were I a mod, I would have a difficult time sorting out those dastardly posts from the decent ones.

Yup.

Phobia
08-19-2008, 04:35 PM
I don't think there's any argument that WPI's forums are different than ChiefsPlanet from a philosophical standpoint. They fully embrace censorship, while one of the fundamental tenets of ChiefsPlanet is the lack of it. I guess that's why I hesitate so much with actually saying "No WPI articles on ChiefsPlanet." It just strikes me as going against some of the basic principals of this place.

I'm not suggesting you do that but if I were again given the keys to this site I'd probably put up some reasonable boundaries, such as 3 WPI articles in a week's time. That way he's forced to pick the quality articles and leave the chaff at home. I'm not saying my way is the only way or that you should choose that path but I don't think that type of solution is unreasonable. It's also something that has worked towards gochiefs' rehabilitation in the past, limiting him to one thread starter per day. He needs limits and boundaries - possibly because they're not imposed elsewhere.

In any case, I support whatever you decide. I know that's been weighing on you heavily.

FAX
08-19-2008, 04:36 PM
That's not even remotely true. I just want to bring Chiefs news to Chiefs fans.

Hmmm. How is the act of posting something like, "We reported that on WPI last week." bringing Chiefs news to Chiefs fans?

FAX

Phobia
08-19-2008, 04:37 PM
Hmmm. How is the act of posting something like, "We reported that on WPI last week." bringing Chiefs news to Chiefs fans?

FAX

We pointed this hypocrisy out on fatchatter 2 days ago.

Deberg_1990
08-19-2008, 04:42 PM
I support Claythan and his mission to bring 100% Chiefs news to Chiefs fans.

Chiefs news for the people, by the people.

If only he were sincere.

08-19-2008, 04:43 PM

FAX

He's trying to bring traffic to his pay site. In other words he's trying to make a profit off of CP.

FAX
08-19-2008, 04:43 PM
We pointed this hypocrisy out on fatchatter 2 days ago.

We're surrounded!!!

Take cover!!

FAX

Deberg_1990
08-19-2008, 04:45 PM
He's trying to bring traffic to his pay site. In other words he's trying to make a profit off of CP.

I wonder if he gets a kickback for each new subscriber?

08-19-2008, 04:47 PM
I wonder if he gets a kickback for each new subscriber?

He might, who knows?

FAX
08-19-2008, 04:49 PM

That would be the obvious conclusion, Mr. Dimension2112. However, Mr. GoChiefs stated here that he is only trying to "bring Chiefs news to Chiefs fans".

Based on that assertion, I assumed that his well-meaning generosity and authentic concern was intended for the benefit of Planeteers. However, when you are merely posting notices referring to a recent "scoop" that is only available on WPI, one must assume that your assessment of his motivation is more accurate.

FAX

KCJohnny
08-19-2008, 05:50 PM
I am old enough to have watched Bobby Bell play. In a trio that included Willie Lanier (HOF) and Jim Lynch, BB was faster, smarter, and more physical than any OLB in the game at the time, largely due to Henry Stram's vicious definsive alignments that bet the farm against the run and trusted an assassin secondary to take away the deep ball. Emitt Thomas has just been honored for his substantial contributions to that secondary. Johnny Robinson and Jim Marsalis were also key contributors to the Chiefs' dominance.

To put in perspective just how good the Chiefs D was with Bobby Bell in the lineup, the 1969 Chiefs gave up just 177 points all season (14 games). Please compare with the 2000 Ravens. Defense wins championships!

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 06:01 PM

Nope. I don't start threads about premium content.

And Warpaint Illustrated is largely a free site.

Furthermore, I don't even post everything we publish here. Since we left River Falls I've started 7 threads about Warpaint articles in 12 days, and three of those were last night. I don't think that's an absurd amount.

kstater
08-19-2008, 06:18 PM

Furthermore, I don't even post everything we publish here. Since we left River Falls I've started 7 threads about Warpaint articles in 12 days, and three of those were last night. I don't think that's an absurd amount.

Well if your intent is to solely bring Chiefs news to Chiefs fans, why not post all of WPI's articles?

Skip Towne
08-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Wasn't Bell the Chiefs long snapper and emergency QB? The guy could do anything.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Well if your intent is to solely bring Chiefs news to Chiefs fans, why not post all of WPI's articles?

Not all of them are newsworthy.

08-19-2008, 07:09 PM

You can't, you'd get in trouble with your daddy.

Except for all the important ''breaking news'', right? what content is free? old news?

ROFL

Look, it's not a question of whether it's an absurd amount or not. it's enough to promote WPI, which can make you a profit. so if you're going to do that you should dig deep down in those pockets and donate to this site. I have even donated to CP twice, have you?

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 07:11 PM
You can't, you'd get in trouble with your daddy.

Um, I suppose. I'm not stupid, you know?

Except for all the important ''breaking news'', right? what content is free? old news?

A lot of the news that comes out is posted free. However, Scout.com REQUIRES that a certain amount of our content be premium. We don't control that.

I have even donated to CP twice, have you?

Most definitely.

08-19-2008, 07:14 PM
A lot of the news that comes out is posted free. However, Scout.com REQUIRES that a certain amount of our content be premium. We don't control that.

Why? and I'm being serious.

Most definitely.

That's fair, I didn't know.

If it's true of course

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 07:16 PM
Why? and I'm being serious.

I don't know. That's their business model. There are tons of sites on scout. As far as I know, they all have premium content.

You want to see a site that chucks out premium in SPADES?

http://dal.scout.com/4/1.html

In fact, the Cowboys put up low-res photos from getty images and make it a premium feature on their front page after games. That kinda disgusts me.

That's fair, I didn't know.

If it's true of courseBah, of course it's true. And I'll donate again. I love this site and want to keep it running.

08-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I don't know. That's their business model. There are tons of sites on scout. As far as I know, they all have premium content.

You want to see a site that chucks out premium in SPADES?

http://dal.scout.com/4/1.html

In fact, the Cowboys put up low-res photos from getty images and make it a premium feature on their front page after games. That kinda disgusts me.
Ah, it's a franchise. I didn't know. why do you want to work for such disgusting people?
Bah, of course it's true. And I'll donate again. I love this site and want to keep it running.

Fair enough

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Ah, it's a franchise. I didn't know. why do you want to work for such disgusting people?

I'm a total whore. And I love the Chiefs. I love going to training camp. Getting a letter from King Carl was great. I like being a part of "new" media. I don't think I could ever work for a daily newspaper. Did I mention Gunther Cunningham loves my videos? All made possible because of my connection with Warpaint Illustrated.

Farzin
08-19-2008, 07:50 PM
I guess any Chiefs news I post from my radio show or any articles from the Kansas City Star, ESPN, NFL.com, Sports Illustated or WPI, etc are all considered "spam."

Last time I checked it's Chiefs news, not "spam."

Deberg_1990
08-19-2008, 09:02 PM
I like being a part of "new" media.

You mean the arrogant, fanboy media with zero formal journalism study? Congrats.

Skip Towne
08-19-2008, 09:51 PM
You mean the arrogant, fanboy media with zero formal journalism study? Congrats.

Yep, the all volunteer force. Not a journalist among them. The low payroll does reduce overhead however. It also reduces quality.

Phobia
08-19-2008, 09:51 PM
To be fair, he has more journalism study than most the fools on Scout.

Smed1065
08-19-2008, 09:55 PM
To be fair, he has more journalism study than most the fools on Scout.

Ok, lets go with football playing experience or knowledge?

:doh!:

FAX
08-19-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm a total whore. And I love the Chiefs. I love going to training camp. Getting a letter from King Carl was great. I like being a part of "new" media. I don't think I could ever work for a daily newspaper. Did I mention Gunther Cunningham loves my videos? All made possible because of my connection with Warpaint Illustrated.

I don't think you're a whore, Mr. GoChiefs. Total or otherwise. I'm certain that many Planeteers endure far less enjoyable employment than you. Heck, some days I don't like my job and I was the one who made it up. And just so there's no misunderstanding, my earlier comments were not intended as a request that you justify your existence or your vocation. Rather, I'm merely pointing out that you do, in fact, make posts along the lines of "We knew such and so over at WPI three weeks ago" and "We had an article about that at WPI last night" and other similar statements.

If your intention and desire is to add value to ChiefsPlanet by providing news and information, I can say nothing but "Thank you". For, in this you certainly contribute more than your fair share. However, posts like the example above are, to my mind, inconsistent with that objective. They are, by any reasonable standard of measure, spam.

All I'm asking is that you recognize that fact and that those types of posts are both irritating to others and, frankly, in violation (if not of the letter, certainly of the spirit) of the board rules. You were an established member here long before I, though, so I don't feel it's my place to say anything more about it - other than I hope and trust you'll see fit to discontinue that behavior for the sake of all the little yellow babies all over the world and the remains of my pitiable brainpan.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-19-2008, 09:58 PM
OK, you're right FAX. I do make those comments - occasionally. But not often. If you're annoyed by them, I apologize. I'll stop. If you see me make one, reprimand me harshly by PM.

Phobia
08-19-2008, 10:13 PM
Not all of them are newsworthy.

Wow - then why would you post them over there? Is it just fluff garbage?

Skip Towne
08-19-2008, 10:16 PM

Principles

FAX
08-19-2008, 10:23 PM
Principles

LOLOROLGVVST

I'm normally not a grammar hound (I make my share of spelling mistakes all the time, as you know), but I couldn't help noticing that, earlier this evening, Ms. KCJohhny misspelled the word, "defensive" in a post somewhere on the board. I have to tell you, when a member of our armed forces (who relishes any opportunity to expound on the many reasons why he is superior to us civilians), misspells the word "defensive", it doesn't make me feel very dang secure.

FAX

Skip Towne
08-19-2008, 10:29 PM
LOLOROLGVVST

I'm normally not a grammar hound (I make my share of spelling mistakes all the time, as you know), but I couldn't help noticing that, earlier this evening, Ms. KCJohhny misspelled the word, "defensive" in a post somewhere on the board. I have to tell you, when a member of our armed forces (who relishes any opportunity to expound on the many reasons why he is superior to us civilians), misspells the word "defensive", it doesn't make me feel very dang secure.

FAX

Agree on KCJ but that was not a spelling mistake. Principles and principals are two entirely different words.

FAX
08-19-2008, 10:37 PM
Agree on KCJ but that was not a spelling mistake. Principles and principals are two entirely different words.

I know, I know. It just reminded me of something, that's all. I learned about the difference between "principles" and "principals" whilst in the fifth grade or so. In order to provide me with a memory tool, one of my teachers said I could easily remember the difference because the "principal" is your "pal". That was only one of the blatant, brazen, disgusting lies they fed me at that school.

FAX

Smed1065
08-19-2008, 10:54 PM
I know, I know. It just reminded me of something, that's all. I learned about the difference between "principles" and "principals" whilst in the fifth grade or so. In order to provide me with a memory tool, one of my teachers said I could easily remember the difference because the "principal" is your "pal". That was only one of the blatant, brazen, disgusting lies they fed me at that school.

FAX

No flashbacks please.

This is not qualified shrink....

Skip Towne
08-19-2008, 11:16 PM

FAX

Kind of like "the police are your friends". Yeah, if your friends want to search your car for no reason and put you in jail if they find something "illegal". I'll find my own friends, thanks anyway

FAX
08-19-2008, 11:23 PM
No flashbacks please.

This is not qualified shrink....

Sorry, Mr. Smed1065. It's just that they had few principles at that school and, to tell the honest truth, it still kind of bothers me sometimes. But you're right, of course, ChiefsPlanet isn't the place to seek out psychiatric assistance in any form. Anyway, I usually feel better when I'm pulling the legs off bugs and things.

FAX

Hammock Parties
08-24-2008, 06:20 PM
First podcast is up! Bobby Bell rules!

http://kan.scout.com/2/782490.html

mdstu
08-24-2008, 06:49 PM
I haven't read the whole thread, so maybe this was covered.
Didn't you guys have Bell on predraft?
Seems like I remember there being a whole podcast devoted to some Chiefs promotion, that offered a game/day with Bell.