PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Camping Stove Question

joesomebody
08-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I have one of those portable propane camping stoves and now when I plug in the little green propane bottles the LP leaks out instantly through the regulator. What I am wondering is if these regulators are pretty generic or where I can go about finding a replacement. I've looked everywhere on the internet and it pretty much appears my particular grill is no longer manufactured. Here is the best link I can find for it though.

http://www.camping-gear-outlet.com/camping-gear-52082.html

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. My biggest camping trip of the year is coming up Labor Day weekend.

tooge
08-20-2008, 01:38 PM
I had a coleman that had the regulator clog after about 20 years. I found the replacement and the adapter part and it was gonna be around $27 to have it sent to me. I got a nice new coleman double burner stove on e bay for $59 and have used it twice. Works like a charm and It was basically $32 more than I would have spent. The point is, these stoves are so cheap these days I would get a new one. On the other hand, you can get a classic coleman stove (425 model) off e bay in real good shape for about $45 and they are duel fuel and last forever. Check those out.

joesomebody
08-20-2008, 01:48 PM
I had a coleman that had the regulator clog after about 20 years. I found the replacement and the adapter part and it was gonna be around $27 to have it sent to me. I got a nice new coleman double burner stove on e bay for $59 and have used it twice. Works like a charm and It was basically $32 more than I would have spent. The point is, these stoves are so cheap these days I would get a new one. On the other hand, you can get a classic coleman stove (425 model) off e bay in real good shape for about $45 and they are duel fuel and last forever. Check those out.
I'll keep that in mind. I got mine for Christmas about 8 months ago, so was surprised it was already giving me trouble. It worked like a charm the four or so times I used it.

I'll mess with it a bit more and see if I can get it to work, if not I'll buy a new one. We camp on sandbars on the Missouri so the so called durability this one was supposed to have was a plus, but I guess the regulator wasn't durable.