PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs 1st Round QB's Lets get Real.

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 10:09 PM
I have been doing some research and this is what I have found. I am tired of all the Brodie hate that is going on in this city and on this board so I figured I would see what kind of numbers we could expect if we got the big 1st rounder that alot of people seem to want so badly. Here we go from 1990 to present the QB's taken in the first round.

1. Andre Ware- Bust
2. Jeff George-Bust
3. Dan McGwire-Bust
4. Todd Marinovich-Bust
5. David Klingler-Bust
6. Tommy Maddox-Bust
7. Drew Bledsoe- Superbowl
8 Rick Mirer-Bust
9. Heath Shuler-Bust
10. Trent Dilfer-Superbowl
11. Steve McNair-Superbowl
12. Kerry Collins-Superbowl
13. Jim Druckenmiller-Bust
14. Peyton Manning-Superbowl
15. Ryan Leaf-Bust
16. Tim Couch-Bust
17. Donovan McNabb-Superbowl
18. Akili Smith-Bust
19. Cade McNown-Bust
20. Daunte Culpepper-No Bowl
21. Chad Pennington-No Bowl
22. Michael Vick-Prison
23. David Carr-Back up
24. Joey Harrington-Playing
25. Patrick Ramsey-Playing
26. Rex Grossman-Superbowl
27. Kyle Boller-Playing
28. Byron Leftwich-Not in NFL
29. Carson Palmer-Playing
30. J.P. Losman-Playing
31. Ben Roethlisberger-Superbowl
32. Philip Rivers-Playing
33. Eli Manning-Superbowl
34. Jason Campbell-Playing
35. Aaron Rodgers-Playing
36. Alex Smith-Playing
37. Jay Cutler-Playing
38. Matt Leinart-Playing
39. Vince Young-Playing
40. Brady Quinn-Not Starting
41. JaMarcus Russell-Playng
42. Matt Ryan-Playing
43. Joe Flacco-I have no Idea what the hell he is doing. And dont care. Bust IMO

I believe that is 18 years from 1990 to 2008 could be wrong and if I am someone will be sure to correct me I know. In those 18 years Superbowls with 2 teams in each were played and I count 9 first round QB's that played in a Superbowl, not just winners, since 1990. So out of 36 that is 9. Quick math says that is 25%. I am not even going to go into the likes of Rex, I suck, Grossman and Trent, I wont beat us, Dilfer going to Superbowls on the back of strong Defenses. Come on people how about you pull your heads out of your collective asses and realize that a QB in the first round is not only a long shot but without a TEAM to surround him with it is a waste of a pick (i.e. D.Carr) . Everyone likes to go after the QB when its not going well or jump on his bandwagon when it is, but lets remember that there are 21 other starters on the TEAM that make a huge difference in winning and losing.
Just my thoughts.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2008, 10:11 PM
George was not a bust, IMO. Maybe for the team that drafted him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-20-2008, 10:11 PM
So Rex Grossman is in the same league as Peyton Manning?

Awesome.

L.A. Chieffan
08-20-2008, 10:14 PM
UFAs make the best QBs fo sho

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 10:15 PM
So Rex Grossman is in the same league as Peyton Manning?

Awesome.

I am saying he went to a SB not putting his stats up there.

I even think I could have gotten the Bears to the big game.

L.A. Chieffan
08-20-2008, 10:15 PM
HAHA I love the hate on Flacco. He's a rookie.

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 10:21 PM

Are you J. Whitlock?

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 10:22 PM
HAHA I love the hate on Flacco. He's a rookie.

That pick was a REACH he would have been there for a couple more rounds for sure.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 10:24 PM
Dude, bust 101! Rocket for an arm with 2 cent brain...

Look up Bust in the dictonary and his picture is there!

L.A. Chieffan
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Speaking of first round busts it doesn't get much bigger than that jersey in your avy.

FAX
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
How do we figure that Jeff George was not a bust? I always pretty much thought of him as such.

FAX

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Speaking of first round busts it doesn't get much bigger than that jersey in your avy.

Since when is Neil Smith a bust?

Hammock Parties
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
How do we figure that Jeff George was not a bust? I always pretty much thought of him as such.

FAX

Look up his career numbers. They don't scream "bust" to me.

Ryan Leaf was a bust. Jeff George was a disappointment who still wowed fans occasionally. If George had hooked up with the right head coach and OC for 10 years, he might have HOF numbers. Not everyone can be as lucky as Troy Aikman.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Look up his career numbers. They don't scream "bust" to me.

Ryan Leaf was a bust. Jeff George was a disappointment who still wowed fans occasionally. If George had hooked up with the right head coach and OC for 10 years, he might have HOF numbers. Not everyone can be as lucky as Troy Aikman.
ROFL

Aikman vs George? your kidding right?

I never seen Aikman cry like a 3$ hooker to his coach on the sideline... George was a basket case, not even the famous Herm Edwards could keep Boy George on a level playing field...

Bust.

L.A. Chieffan
08-20-2008, 10:29 PM
Since when is Neil Smith a bust?

I was talking bout Sims but yeah, Neil Smith is a bitch too.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Neil Smith is a superbowl winning smart bitch too.
FYP

He knew Carl and Marty were jokes..... Cant fault him for being smarter than our front office.

Hammock Parties
08-20-2008, 10:31 PM
ROFL

Aikman vs George? your kidding right?

I never seen Aikman cry like a 3$ hooker to his coach on the sideline... George was a basket case, not even the famous Herm Edwards could keep Boy George on a level playing field...

Bust.

George once beat Aikman in the playoffs, you know. :D

If his team had played defense that year they might have beaten the Rams and gone to the Super Bowl.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 10:32 PM
George once beat Aikman in the playoffs, you know. :D
:)

come on GoChiefs, your smarter than this!

Hammock Parties
08-20-2008, 10:34 PM
What can I say? I just liked Jeff George. I would love to see an offense with Jeff George at QB, Larry Johnson at RB, and Terrell Owens at WR. That would be some epic offense and some epic tantrums.

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 10:34 PM
So.... we are going to argue Jeff Freaking George? All that work down the pisser....
Wait now I know how Jeff must have felt.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 10:36 PM
So.... we are going to argue Jeff Freaking George? All that work down the pisser....
Wait now I know how Jeff must have felt.
We could talk about Croyle and how he is going to fail because he was drafted in the 3rd round, because KC has developed so many QB's that Chiefsplanet is full of development experts.

http://www.hurleytom.com/images/DeadHorse400x231.jpg

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:01 PM
You need to define this list better, you have Carson Palmer in the same breath as Joey Harrington and I'm pretty sure even the most ardent of Croyle backer would rather have Carson Palmer as the young QB to build around.

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 11:08 PM
You need to define this list better, you have Carson Palmer in the same breath as Joey Harrington and I'm pretty sure even the most ardent of Croyle backer would rather have Carson Palmer as the young QB to build around.

Yes I do agree that Palmer has more potential than Harrington at this point but when you look at the 2 it makes me wonder just how much it is the team that is surrounding them at this point. If they were to switch teams would Palmer do as well with the line, running game and recievers that Harrington has now? My point is it takes all 22 guys doing their part. Not just a QB. About the only exception I can think of is Marino. As much as I hate to admit it he did more with nothing than any other QB I have ever seen.

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:09 PM
Um Carson Palmer is a top 5 QB....pretty much any team save a couple would love to have him.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Yes I do agree that Palmer has more potential than Harrington at this point but when you look at the 2 it makes me wonder just how much it is the team that is surrounding them at this point. If they were to switch teams would Palmer do as well with the line, running game and recievers that Harrington has now? My point is it takes all 22 guys doing their part. Not just a QB. About the only exception I can think of is Marino. As much as I hate to admit it he did more with nothing than any other QB I have ever seen.

That is why you surround Croyle with as many tools and talent as you can.

You have to put him in a position to be successful. Having Gailey will go along ways to helping.

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Um Carson Palmer is a top 5 QB....pretty much any team save a couple would love to have him.

I am not disputing this. Did you not read what I typed?

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:15 PM
That is why you surround Croyle with as many tools and talent as you can.

You have to put him in a position to be successful. Having Gailey will go along ways to helping.

That argument is 2 sided "well any QB could have won there" or it turns into "it's not his fault he needs this!" then every year he gets a pass and it's not his fault.

QB's are suppose to elevate the rest of their team, not be products of the team they are on, atleast not now in the cap era.

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:16 PM
I am not disputing this. Did you not read what I typed?

Yea it doesn't make a whole lot of sense because Palmer's team isn't good either.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 11:19 PM
That argument is 2 sided "well any QB could have won there" or it turns into "it's not his fault he needs this!" then every year he gets a pass and it's not his fault.

QB's are suppose to elevate the rest of their team, not be products of the team they are on, atleast not now in the cap era.

I gotcha... And yes see both sides of it...

I guess time will tell, wont it?

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 11:21 PM
Yea it doesn't make a whole lot of sense because Palmer's team isn't good either.

That is why they only won 7 games last year. Point made.
Top 5 QB + 7 wins= not a good season.
Just so we are clear you would rather have a top 5 QB and 7 wins than a good team and maybe a playoff win or two?

FAX
08-20-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah. Quarterbacks are supposed to be able to complete passes when nobody's open while they're getting knocked on their ass because the line can't block anybody. Oh, and they're supposed to be able to elevate the entire team with no rushing game, 8 or 9 guys up on the LOS, and their offensive coordinator calling the same running play every down.

I knew that.

FAX

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:23 PM
That is why they only won 7 games last year. Point made.
Top 5 QB + 7 wins= not a good season.
Just so we are clear you would rather have a top 5 QB and 7 wins than a good team and maybe a playoff win or two?

How good is the rest of the team because in today's league that generally doesn't work.

The way the Chiefs were good in the 90's would result in the same results it got us, a playoff loss every year. Those teams don't beat Indy or NE, ask Jacksonville about what happens to them every year.

And it's not about just making the playoffs or winning a game it's about winning the whole thing and that starts with the guy under center.

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeah. Quarterbacks are supposed to be able to complete passes when nobody's open while they're getting knocked on their ass because the line can't block anybody. Oh, and they're supposed to be able to elevate the entire team with no rushing game, 8 or 9 guys up on the LOS, and their offensive coordinator calling the same running play every down.

I knew that.

FAX

You expect to see SOMETHING, I don't care how many things to bad you wanna see the signs. I remember Peyton Manning going to the worst team in the league and sure he threw 28 INT's but he also had 26 TD's, the man played with a broken jaw early in his career he showed the things that made him the player he is today very early on.

Reerun_KC
08-20-2008, 11:25 PM
How good is the rest of the team because in today's league that generally doesn't work.

The way the Chiefs were good in the 90's would result in the same results it got us, a playoff loss every year. Those teams don't beat Indy or NE, ask Jacksonville about what happens to them every year.

And it's not about just making the playoffs or winning a game it's about winning the whole thing and that starts with the guy under center.

Well cant argue that...

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 11:30 PM

Based on what your saying it looks like it would boil down to coaching. Not QB in NE's case Bilicheat is clearly a better coach than most and can elevate players to do what they are not supposed to do. And in Indys case it was a matter of a team comming togeather. When they got defense they got a championship. There are too many things that come into play to put it all on a QB. Jacksonville IMO is also coaching. I like Del Rio but he is not there yet.

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:32 PM
I don't care how good those coaches are, does it help sure it helps, but they have the 2 best QB's in the league and they are good year in and year out.

Without Brady and Manning the Colts and Pats would just be "teams" in the mix with them they are the class of the league.

Isn't ironic when it looks like Dallas has found that guy they all of the sudden moved in there?

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Dallas also got TO, a defense, a line and a running game oh and dont forget a coach and owner that will or has sold his soul to satan to win. Come on Mecca you cannot tell me that the other guys dont f ing matter. What were you a high school QB on a bad team that is mad that you did not get your shot?

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Take Tony Romo off the Cowboys and they don't win nearly as many games....they had all those things before and snuck into the playoffs it was Romo that put them over the top.

Is there a reason why you are trying to devalue the most important position on the team?

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 11:45 PM
Take Tony Romo off the Cowboys and they don't win nearly as many games....they had all those things before and snuck into the playoffs it was Romo that put them over the top.

Is there a reason why you are trying to devalue the most important position on the team?

I am not trying to devalue anythig I am trying to get you to value the TEAM.

RealSNR
08-20-2008, 11:51 PM

Is there a reason why you are trying to devalue the most important position on the team?And what did Romo look like going into his 3rd year of the league. Oh yeah, and what round was he drafted in?

The argument of this thread is that you don't need to draft a QB #1 overall to find the franchise single-caller that will lead the team.

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:53 PM
And guess what, he's an exception just like Brady is.

To do it that way is very very lucky, you're alot more likely to be the Colts. The Colts are a team built on the rule, thinking you will be the exception is how you **** up.

RibKing67
08-20-2008, 11:55 PM

To do it that way is very very lucky, you're alot more likely to be the Colts. The Colts are a team built on the rule, thinking you will be the exception is how you **** up.

No sir, if you look above at the start of the thread you will see that 25% of 1st round QBs go to the SB. That is not what you would call the rule. More of the exception as best I can tell.

RealSNR
08-20-2008, 11:56 PM

To do it that way is very very lucky, you're alot more likely to be the Colts. The Colts are a team built on the rule, thinking you will be the exception is how you **** up.You still have to be lucky to nail a 1st rounder as well though.

"The rule" seems to be acquiring a QB through trade or free agency to me. Look around the league.

Mecca
08-20-2008, 11:59 PM
You still have to be lucky to nail a 1st rounder as well though.

"The rule" seems to be acquiring a QB through trade or free agency to me. Look around the league.

Who wins Superbowls with FA QB's?

It's just a matter of playing to be the rule and not praying you are the exception hell look at our division all the QB's were 1st round picks but ours.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Was Dilfer a FA or did he get traded?

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:03 AM
He was an FA who was a backup to start the year, Dilfer is really a bad example Tampa Bay gave him years to establish himself and he never did.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Well you know he was a first round pick. That is what matters you say.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Yea he didn't work out.....I partially think it had to do with being drafted to Tampa where Dungy was Herm cloned and their offense was just brutal to watch and had 0 imagination to it.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:13 AM
I dont get you man..... At one point your like the coaches dont matter......now your like it was Dungy and Herms fault??? Your quite the Bill Clinton of the planet. FLIP FLOP whatever ....

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:15 AM
I dont get you man..... At one point your like the coaches dont matter......now your like it was Dungy and Herms fault??? Your quite the Bill Clinton of the planet. FLIP FLOP whatever ....

There are good and bad situations for developing QB's lets remember Dungy didn't develop Manning and at 1 point Manning would overrule him on the field.

Dungy has now adapted to that, back then he was very much like Herm, the truth is Herm will probably never win unless he gets lucky and has a QB like Manning with enough sack to tell him to **** off, cause Manning use to do that to Dungy quite often.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:18 AM
I don't care how good those coaches are, does it help sure it helps, but they have the 2 best QB's in the league and they are good year in and year out.

Without Brady and Manning the Colts and Pats would just be "teams" in the mix with them they are the class of the league.

Isn't ironic when it looks like Dallas has found that guy they all of the sudden moved in there?

If there are only 2 in the league I guess there is not enough to go around.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:19 AM
There aren't that many good QB's in the league.....and the sad reality is on most of them Croyle wouldn't be considered a viable starting option.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:20 AM
There are good and bad situations for developing QB's lets remember Dungy didn't develop Manning and at 1 point Manning would overrule him on the field.

Dungy has now adapted to that, back then he was very much like Herm, the truth is Herm will probably never win unless he gets lucky and has a QB like Manning with enough sack to tell him to **** off, cause Manning use to do that to Dungy quite often.

Yea that is good lets tell all the QB's to go tell the coach off. He does not win games for them anyway. They could play without a coach and win. At least Peyton could he does not even need a line. Hell get rid of the recievers while we are at it. He will catch his own pass.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:21 AM
This is remining me of the old SNL skit with Da Bears....... ok ok the entire NFL against Peyton Manning......hummm Peyton Manning wins 372-3.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:22 AM
If you are telling me that didn't happen, you must have missed it because when Dungy first went there Manning use to overrule him on the field...and Manning is pretty much their OC.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:24 AM
If you are telling me that didn't happen, you must have missed it because when Dungy first went there Manning use to overrule him on the field...and Manning is pretty much their OC.

I am not saying it did not happen I am saying that is a piss poor sign of respect for your head football coach.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2008, 12:24 AM
No sir, if you look above at the start of the thread you will see that 25% of 1st round QBs go to the SB. That is not what you would call the rule. More of the exception as best I can tell.

And more than 40% of the QB's who won the Super Bowl were drafted in the first round.

Boom or bust.

That's the name of the game with QB's.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:27 AM
I am not saying it did not happen I am saying that is a piss poor sign of respect for your head football coach.

Dungy needed it, they really needed each other, but without Manning he would have never adapted and Manning made him see that with his actions. Manning had the sack to stand up to his stubborn ways, right now we have no one to do that to Herm so we have an offense stuck in 1967.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Dungy needed it, they really needed each other, but without Manning he would have never adapted and Manning made him see that with his actions. Manning had the sack to stand up to his stubborn ways, right now we have no one to do that to Herm so we have an offense stuck in 1967.

So really if you are so unhappy with the Chiefs why dont you go root for Peyton or Brady? I am curious why anyone that unhappy would hang around for 41 yrs if nothing fit what you wanted?

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2008, 12:33 AM
So really if you are so unhappy with the Chiefs why dont you go root for Peyton or Brady? I am curious why anyone that unhappy would hang around for 41 yrs if nothing fit what you wanted?

Are you really this dumb?

Can't a fan of the team question the club's strategies and personnel without being criticized about his loyalty or fandom?

Are you a facist?

Or do you just play one on the internet?

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:34 AM
Oh here we go I'm a crappy fan because I don't accept the bullshit they feed me.

I'm sorry I'd much rather be an educated realistic fan than a homer that believes everything my team does is great and every player they have is gonna be a pro bowler.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2008, 12:36 AM
Oh here we go I'm a crappy fan because I don't accept the bullshit they feed me.

I'm sorry I'd much rather be an educated realistic fan than a homer that believes everything my team does is great and every player they have is gonna be a pro bowler.

The Chiefs rule the world but if any of them are gay, I won't recognize them.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:38 AM

You better watch it, he'll put BBQ sauce on you and have you for lunch.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:42 AM

I am just saying that you have not givin Brodie even a chance. You are not recognizing that in his first year of getting 6 starts he was put in an impossible situation and you dog him for not smelling like a rose in a pile of shit. That is why I can at least be real in seeing he had crap to work with and am willing to stand behind him this season and watch him improve without bashing him.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 12:44 AM
What is my number 1 problem with Brodie Croyle?

Oh yea it's that he's heavily injury prone, which he continued to show last year by getting injured once again.

Of course you are the guy who said he isn't injury prone which is just asinine. Even the most ardent of supporter has to admit to this point in his career he is injury prone, hell he'd probably tell you he is.

RibKing67
08-21-2008, 12:44 AM

I dont care what they do in their personal lives. I do not even know them so it is kind of pointless then to care what goes on off the feild right?

chiefs1111
08-21-2008, 01:21 AM
What is my number 1 problem with Brodie Croyle?

Oh yea it's that he's heavily injury prone, which he continued to show last year by getting injured once again.

Of course you are the guy who said he isn't injury prone which is just asinine. Even the most ardent of supporter has to admit to this point in his career he is injury prone, hell he'd probably tell you he is.

Exactly,every time the guy gets hit,I cringe and wonder if he will even get up. Brodie Croyle is on his way to being nothing more than a career back up at best. Don't get me wrong,I want to see the guy succeed but it just doesn't look like it will happen.

Boris The Great
08-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Oh here we go Im a crappy fan because I dont accept the bullshit they feed me.

Im sorry Id much rather be an educated realistic fan than a homer that believes everything my team does is great and every player they have is gonna be a pro bowler.

No, you are a crappy fan because you go around from thread to thread, endlessly beating to death every negative aspect of the team you can think of. Its like clockwork, I come on here to read every night, and every night there are 4-5 threads at the top where you jumped in for no other reason than to single handedly bring things down. Look at the YOU YOU YOU YOU thread, just to name one example.

This board is full of educated realistic fans. 99% of them dont have to come out and constantly spew negatives just to show how much they know. You seem to believe that being negative and critical makes you sound smarter than other people.

It doesnt. It just makes you annoying.

acesn8s
08-21-2008, 02:22 AM
I can see your point. Afterall, look at what Kitna did with the same tools as Palmer.

acesn8s
08-21-2008, 02:25 AM

I knew that.

FAX
Solari?

Mecca
08-21-2008, 02:58 AM
No, you are a crappy fan because you go around from thread to thread, endlessly beating to death every negative aspect of the team you can think of. Its like clockwork, I come on here to read every night, and every night there are 4-5 threads at the top where you jumped in for no other reason than to single handedly bring things down. Look at the YOU YOU YOU YOU thread, just to name one example.

This board is full of educated realistic fans. 99% of them dont have to come out and constantly spew negatives just to show how much they know. You seem to believe that being negative and critical makes you sound smarter than other people.

It doesnt. It just makes you annoying.

It is?

Boris The Great
08-21-2008, 03:52 AM
It is?

It is what? Full of educated realistic fans? Obviously not by your definition, but by the standards of most people, sure.

I could rattle off 20-30 names easily of frequent daily posters on this board who are obviously educated and well informed about the team or the NFL in general. Anyone who visits here regularly could do the same. I think this board has some of the most informed posters of any Chiefs forum, and I would include you in that. And by definition, anybody educated about the team is pretty realistic about where the team is right now.

But I cant think of another poster who seems to feel the constant need to jump into thread after thread and harp on the negatives, as if it somehow proves how realistic and knowledgeable they are. But doing that seems to be your mission in life.

Why is that?

Mecca
08-21-2008, 04:19 AM
The only time I've ever jumped on anyone is when they said something I felt was ridiculous, I may disagree but I don't jump on people for their takes if they are well thought out.

I get along fine with most posters the only people I ever really argue with are people who say things like "Brodie Croyle isn't injury prone" or want treat him like he was the #1 overall pick.

unlurking
08-21-2008, 04:47 AM
The only time I've ever jumped on anyone is when they said something I felt was ridiculous, I may disagree but I don't jump on people for their takes if they are well thought out.

I get along fine with most posters the only people I ever really argue with are people who say things like "Brodie Croyle isn't injury prone" or want treat him like he was the #1 overall pick.

Honestly Mecca, I enjoy reading your posts, but it seems like you primarily respond to those ridiculous comments, so it seems like you are constantly being negative.

I don't have a problem with your negativity (I disagree with you on many points, like Brodie) since this team "flustrates" the hell out of me too. I can see why people think you are constantly negative though.

You need to start being ra-ra on posts you agree with, and start posting more drunk poop threads! ;)

Mecca
08-21-2008, 04:58 AM
Honestly Mecca, I enjoy reading your posts, but it seems like you primarily respond to those ridiculous comments, so it seems like you are constantly being negative.

I don't have a problem with your negativity (I disagree with you on many points, like Brodie) since this team "flustrates" the hell out of me too. I can see why people think you are constantly negative though.

You need to start being ra-ra on posts you agree with, and start posting more drunk poop threads! ;)

I just don't like to post to be like "yea that's right" I feel like I don't add anything when I do that.

I don't post about Dwayne Bowe, I think he's a very very good young receiver with excellent potential but what can be said that hasn't already been said?

Consistent1
08-21-2008, 05:00 AM
Mecca usually makes a lot of good points. He is really one of my favorite posters. It may get a little negative at times, but much of what he says is just true. Just like all the people that say they would rather have Brodie than Leinart, Palmer, etc.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 05:03 AM
Mecca usually makes a lot of good points. He is really one of my favorite posters. It may get a little negative at times, but much of what he says is just true. Just like all the people that say they would rather have Brodie than Leinart, Palmer, etc.

The Leinart stuff is funny to me, I've said for a long time they are in the same spot but someone that is "you think Leinart is great" I think Leinart was a much better college player and has a bit better of a base to work with but they're in the same spot.

And if anyone in their right mind ever says they'd rather have Croyle than Carson Palmer they should have their head examined.

Nightfyre
08-21-2008, 05:19 AM
And more than 40% of the QB's who won the Super Bowl were drafted in the first round.

Boom or bust.

That's the name of the game with QB's.

A proper statistical comparison would compare that 40% to the number of QBs drafted in the first round. In addition, it would compare QBs to the rest of the positions in the same manner.

oaklandhater
08-21-2008, 07:00 AM
I really dont understand why so many people rip on Mecca he is a nice reality check for alot of the people on the board not only that its pretty fun seeing him bringing all the homer's down to earth.

Frosty
08-21-2008, 07:23 AM
Ribking - looking at your list, I think you can safely put Harrington in the "Bust" category (heh - I love saying that). Also, Leftwich isn't out of the NFL; he's a backup for Pittsburgh (though he should be in the "Bust" category, too).

Mecca
08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
I really dont understand why so many people rip on Mecca he is a nice reality check for alot of the people on the board not only that its pretty fun seeing him bringing all the homer's down to earth.

I don't really mind, I think in the end I'm right more than I'm wrong. Hell I'd rather be wrong about some of the stuff, I'd rather the team not suck either or have to draft another QB but I'm not gonna lie to myself about what I see and what I personally know.

I always try to take off the Chiefs glasses and look at them like if this was another team how would I view this.

Deberg_1990
08-21-2008, 07:28 AM

I wish i could take 20 Meccas over 1 Claythan.

RealSNR
08-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Ribking - looking at your list, I think you can safely put Harrington in the "Bust" category (heh - I love saying that). Also, Leftwich isn't out of the NFL; he's a backup for Pittsburgh (though he should be in the "Bust" category, too).Woah. And if I recall correctly, Charlie Batch is still their #2 guy, right? So Leftwich has been demoted to 3rd stringer.

From starter to 3rd stringer for getting beat out by one QB. Damn, life sucks.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 07:33 AM
Batch is injured actually.

RealSNR
08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
I wish i could take 20 Meccas over 1 Claythan.Say what you will about Claythan, but come on. He thinks out his points about football more than most people here, and posts more cool shit than anybody else. Most posters have agreed that the Planet would be a worse place if Mr. Wendler weren't here.

Just because you have an obsessive hate for [any one of these things... WPI, acting like a tard with many usernames several years ago, etc.] doesn't mean you should try to run the guy off. Some people might want to hear what he has to say actually.

Baby Lee
08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Dude, bust 101! Rocket for an arm with 2 cent brain...

Look up Bust in the dictonary and his picture is there!

There's that season in Minnesota where he tore shit up.
Then there's those seasons in in Oakland where he flips the pigskin to waiting defenders over his shoulder and between his legs.

Deberg_1990
08-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Alot of teams tend to reach when drafting a 1st round QB. Realistically, alot of those guys on that list should have been drafted later.

But when QB is the most important position on the field, i understand why some teams are willing to take the chance.

Deberg_1990
08-21-2008, 07:39 AM
Say what you will about Claythan, but come on. He thinks out his points about football more than most people here, and posts more cool shit than anybody else.

Ill agree, that he does post some cool stuff.

But his football knowledge is too "fanboy, homer" biased. I dont agree that he thinks his points out realistically at all.

Its all based on "I love this guy"

But ill give him credit for not falling in love with Sippio.

Mecca
08-21-2008, 07:43 AM
Alot of teams tend to reach when drafting a 1st round QB. Realistically, alot of those guys on that list should have been drafted later.

But when QB is the most important position on the field, i understand why some teams are willing to take the chance.

Or they got drafted by the wrong team or put in a spot where they had no chance of making it. There are some teams that are QB killers.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 07:45 AM
There are some teams that are QB killers.

We root for one every sunday....

Mecca
08-21-2008, 07:46 AM
We root for one every sunday....

That's probably true, we have a head coach who still thinks it's 1967 so that doesn't help.

ChiefsBlow
08-21-2008, 07:47 AM
Couldnt this be said about all positions drafted in the 1st rd?

Lets not forget DT - Ryan Sims and WR - Sly Morris. How bout our gem of a LB - Percy Snow from Michigan?

How bout RB Greg Hill?

How bout that great pick in Trezelle Jenkins who only play 9 games for us before getting the axe?

OT- Victor Riley? He played what 3 seasons with us?

The jury still out on our last 3 years of picks in Hali & Dorsey.

Bowe was a nice pick

My point is, This thread makes no sense when you compare all positions.

Yes, we will blow it again if we dont take Tebow or Stafford with our 1st pick.

WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB !!!

Mecca
08-21-2008, 07:50 AM
I don't like Tebow as an NFL QB, but other than that it's a solid point, there are busts at every position.

QB is magnified because it's the most important position, it's about scouting right and picking the right players for your team.

Baby Lee
08-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Couldnt this be said about all positions drafted in the 1st rd?

Lets not forget DT - Ryan Sims and WR - Sly Morris. How bout our gem of a LB - Percy Snow from Michigan?

How bout RB Greg Hill?

How bout that great pick in Trezelle Jenkins who only play 9 games for us before getting the axe?

OT- Victor Riley? He played what 3 seasons with us?

The jury still out on our last 3 years of picks in Hali & Dorsey.

Bowe was a nice pick

My point is, This thread makes no sense when you compare all positions.

Yes, we will blow it again if we dont take Tebow or Stafford with our 1st pick.

WE NEED A FRANCHISE QB !!!

Snow and Morris were injury casualties, not busts.

Hill was a 'my coach is f@cking my GF' casualty, and later an injury casualty for the Rams, not a bust.