PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Hey.. Were gonna beat the Hell out of you and you and you

sportsman1
08-21-2008, 01:16 AM
Sorry had to be done. If it already has I appoligize I cant keep up.

Touchdown Kansas City!

Mecca
08-21-2008, 01:19 AM
We should really celebrate all of them because there probably won't be to many.

Simply Red
08-21-2008, 01:21 AM
don't apologize. Nothing wrong w/ passion.

sportsman1
08-21-2008, 01:24 AM
I know the guy that did the song was a pedo, but that was the biggest pump up ever.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2008, 01:28 AM
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/117/crowdnt6.gif

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2008, 01:37 AM
I know the guy that did the song was a pedo, but that was the biggest pump up ever.

I pretty much think it's the dumbest ****ing song, ever. Regardless of its sports association.

It's the freaking "Wave" of stadium songs.

sportsman1
08-21-2008, 01:38 AM
Well I will take it over the boom boom hip hop craze but thats well.. here nor there.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2008, 01:42 AM
Well I will take it over the boom boom hip hop craze but thats well.. here nor there.

If fans who paid in excess of $80 per ticket, $20 for parking and $40 or more in concessions need a song from a weird, old 60's song (that never had any popularity during its time) to get pumped up, you're either dead or on life support.

sportsman1
08-21-2008, 01:46 AM
Lmao I guess I am on Life support. This is not a argument I don't have any A list responses, so I wont even try.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2008, 01:46 AM
I like the song, at least for Arrowhead, just because we put our own spin on it.

sportsman1
08-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Yeah thats kinda my deal to0. It is lame anywhere but arrowhead.

Phobia
08-21-2008, 01:52 AM
I like the song, at least for Arrowhead, just because we put our own spin on it.

Yeah - it's a lot of fun to watch idiots signing the song and pointing while down by 2 scores at the :30 second mark. That just blows my mind.

sportsman1
08-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Lol I have been one of those idiots before I'll admit. That is when I'm not in totally pissed off mode, I like to enjoy the pageantry since my trips to Arrowhead are rare.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2008, 02:00 AM
Yeah - it's a lot of fun to watch idiots signing the song and pointing while down by 2 scores at the :30 second mark. That just blows my mind.

If the music played over the stadium's speakers have ANY effect on any NFL player, regardless of what team, that man should be fired immediately. Their focus should be on the game plan and their individual assignment. If they need a 25 year-old song like "Crazy Train" to get pumped up, they should be cut immediately, if not sooner.

I think the old songs must be a byproduct of Carl Peterson because they treat music at Arrowhead as if it's 1977. Completely, utterly and totally out of touch with not only the rest of the NFL, but the freakin' country in general.

acesn8s
08-21-2008, 02:03 AM
If the music played over the stadium's speakers have ANY effect on any NFL player, regardless of what team, that man should be fired immediately. Their focus should be on the game plan and their individual assignment. If they need a 25 year-old song like "Crazy Train" to get pumped up, they should be cut immediately, if not sooner.

I think the old songs must be a byproduct of Carl Peterson because they treat music at Arrowhead as if it's 1977. Completely, utterly and totally out of touch with not only the rest of the NFL, but the freakin' country in general.It's to satisfy the old geezers that tell you you to sit down and shut up during the game.

Hammock Parties
08-21-2008, 02:05 AM
I think the old songs must be a byproduct of Carl Peterson because they treat music at Arrowhead as if it's 1977. Completely, utterly and totally out of touch with not only the rest of the NFL, but the freakin' country in general.

I agree in general with your comment. They should mix in some newer stuff.

But, there's something to be said for tradition. I just like that song and how it's part of our tradition at Arrowhead. I like the Tomahawk Chop, even though we ripped it off (I think). And goddamn it, I like KC Wolf.

Tradition.

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2008, 02:05 AM
It's to satisfy the old geezers that tell you you to sit down and shut up during the game.

Why?

It's not like this team has experienced decades of success and multiple championships.

Why cater to the "old geezers"?

That doesn't make sense.

acesn8s
08-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Why?

It's not like this team has experienced decades of success and multiple championships.

Why cater to the "old geezers"?

That doesn't make sense.
Because they are "real" fans.

Chief Chief
08-21-2008, 06:00 AM
Are we even allowed now to shout out the "H" word in that song? I thought saying 4-letter words was banned in the new rules of conduct.

InChiefsHeaven
08-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Are we even allowed now to shout out the "H" word in that song? I thought saying 4-letter words was banned in the new rules of conduct.

Considering most people shout out the F word anyway, I don't suppose it's a problem. :shrug:

Saulbadguy
08-21-2008, 08:14 AM
They do play alot of rap now. It's what the players like.

StcChief
08-21-2008, 08:14 AM

I think the old songs must be a byproduct of Carl Peterson because they treat music at Arrowhead as if it's 1977. Completely, utterly and totally out of touch with not only the rest of the NFL, but the freakin' country in general. Tough to be good Rock 'n Roll....

though the kids have tried with cRAP, deathmetal, etc. :rolleyes:

what has staying power isn't about what's necessarily hip now.

Kerberos
08-21-2008, 08:49 AM
I agree in general with your comment. They should mix in some newer stuff.

But, there's something to be said for tradition. I just like that song and how it's part of our tradition at Arrowhead. I like the Tomahawk Chop, even though we ripped it off (I think). And goddamn it, I like KC Wolf.

Tradition.

Yup

That was a trademark of the FSU Seminoles long before being at Arrowhead IIRC.

And tradition for a song that was written by a pedophile (Gary Glitter) isn't really the greatest thing to have passing from generation to generation.

Saulbadguy
08-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Yup

And tradition for a song that was written by a pedophile (Gary Glitter) isn't really the greatest thing to have passing from generation to generation.

I'm guessing there are more popular artists that have done far worst things than Gary Glitter did who we still celebrate their works.

OnTheWarpath15
08-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Yup

Yeah, because the rest of the music industry is squeaky clean...

If you're going to get bent out of shape for every song that was written/performed by someone with a shady past, you're not going to have much left to listen to.

OnTheWarpath15
08-21-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm guessing there are more popular artists that have done far worst things than Gary Glitter did who we still celebrate their works.

Beat me to it.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5DbEznleHP0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5DbEznleHP0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

vailpass
08-21-2008, 09:42 AM

I wouldn't argue with the overall gist of you statement but what can you think of that is FAR worse than pedophilia?

Third Eye
08-21-2008, 09:54 AM
If fans who paid in excess of $80 per ticket, $20 for parking and $40 or more in concessions need a song from a weird, old 60's song (that never had any popularity during its time) to get pumped up, you're either dead or on life support.

A.The song is from the 70's
B.The song was huge in its time (2 UK; #7 U.S.; #1 France; #1 Aus #4 Ireland #7 Netherlands #4 Germany[46] #3 Canada #4 Switz[47]
C.Its not about the song, but the tradition. Hearing "We're going to beat the hell out of you, you, you, you, you" was always intimidating and impressive to first timers at Arrowhead.

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 10:04 AM
maybe we can change it in honor of Herm...

Hey... Were gonna Field Goal the Hell out of you, you, you,you, you?

InChiefsHeaven
08-21-2008, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't argue with the overall gist of you statement but what can you think of that is FAR worse than pedophilia?

Murder? Other than actually killing somebody, I can't think of anything worse...

Reerun_KC
08-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Murder? Other than actually killing somebody, I can't think of anything worse...
Why are we talking about Lenaord Little?

"Bob" Dobbs
08-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Well, I wouldn't say that is wasn't popular back in the day, it did hit #7 on the Hot 100, which is respectable in & of itself. I'm just sayin'...

DaneMcCloud
08-21-2008, 12:22 PM
Well, I wouldn't say that is wasn't popular back in the day, it did hit #7 on the Hot 100, which is respectable in & of itself. I'm just sayin'...

When I was at MCA (now Universal) Music Publishing back in the mid-90's, we had a HUGE underground library containing everything from original copyright forms, 45's, 78's, sheet music, etc. for over 3 million songs dating back to the 1920's for everything we published.

Some of the temps that we had down there filing everything put up the sheet music covers to "Rock & Roll Part 2" on the cinder block walls. If I recall, there were like four different versions.

Gary Glitter, in all his glory, with an Elvis-style jumpsuit and the highest toupe' I'd ever seen in various poses would greet you as you entered.

Absolutely classic.

The running joke was that there were hundreds of thousands of people across the country "rocking out" to some old 70's queen's music and most didn't even know it!