PDA

View Full Version : Home and Auto New Car thread!!!!!!!

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 12:54 PM
I was going to post a bunch of new proto type cars, and new cars I think look cool, in the other car thread, but there are too many. I will start with some of my beloved GM vehicles. Pictures to follow shortly.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 12:55 PM
Feel free to post any pics of cars you like or own. I have been waiting years for the new camaro and can't wait to get one first quarter of 09... Here is the new pics of the prototype Impala!! It is sweet IMO.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 12:58 PM
Pretty sweet, kind of looks like a Caddy though.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 01:00 PM
Check out the Holden Coupe 60 car. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=124984?tid=edmunds.il.home.photopanel..3.*.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 01:04 PM
:doh!:The nasty G8 Ute Wagon. Link below
http://jalopnik.com/cars/industry-news/there-is-a-god-automotive-news-reports-pontiac-to-get-g8-ute-wagon-324251.php

Lzen
08-21-2008, 01:10 PM
Feel free to post any pics of cars you like or own. I have been waiting years for the new camaro and can't wait to get one first quarter of 09... Here is the new pics of the prototype Impala!! It is sweet IMO.

Weird looking car. I don't really like that one. The Camaro is cool, though.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
I have been waiting years for the new camaro and can't wait to get one first quarter of 09...
My heart bleeds for you. :deevee: :)They quit making Camaros after what, 2003? That was a full 30 years later than a Challenger? Kind of like the Chiefs in a SB!

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Now for what I have been waiting for. :drool::drool::drool: Just one pic I dont have enough time to upload more at the moment. If I could get her with the car, I would be the luckiest MF'er in the world.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 01:13 PM
My heart bleeds for you. :deevee: :)They quit making Camaros after what, 2003? That was a full 30 years later than a Challenger? Kind of like the Chiefs in a SB!

Yeah it sucks thats for sure. I have an article on a possible SRT 8.1 litre :)Hemi, I will see if I can find it.

DaKCMan AP
08-21-2008, 01:13 PM
http://www.kiddstuff.com/Flinstone_car_opt.jpg

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 01:14 PM
http://www.kiddstuff.com/Flinstone_car_opt.jpg

Sick, are those DUB's on that?

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 01:15 PM
This is what I will be driving within a week.

Simply Red
08-21-2008, 01:17 PM

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 01:18 PM

Did you get it fully loaded? If you don't mind me asking what did you get it for? I know the SRT's are going way above sticker because they aren't being mass produced IIRC.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 01:20 PM
If I had the money I would buy one of these when I could. They say the Camaro is a poor man's Corvette. Personally I would drool for either, but I would take a Vette in a heartbeat.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Did you get it fully loaded? If you don't mind me asking what did you get it for? I know the SRT's are going way above sticker because they aren't being mass produced IIRC.

I paid sticker for it, and am one of the first few to get a 2009 R/T. I bought it fully loaded, NAV, MYGIG electronics, leather, bazillion watt 21 speaker stereo or something crazy like that.
I opted out of a sunroof, had them on the last 3 cars and never use them. Also went with the stock 18 inch wheels that are pictured, instead of the 20 upcharge. You can actually build and price out your own on www.dodge.com. I am pretty excited, this muscle car gets about 25 on the highway due to the varible cam timing they have developed on the 5.7 Hemi.
I wasn't aware until yesterday, it has two spark plugs per cyl. :eek:

Lzen
08-21-2008, 01:29 PM

You gonna smoke the tires like that picture?

Inquiring minds want to know. :hmmm: :D

Sweet ride, btw.

Lzen
08-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I opted out of a sunroof, had them on the last 3 cars and never use them.

Sunroof or moonroof? I love my moonroof on my truck. Don't use it all the time, but it is cool to have.

Radar Chief
08-21-2008, 01:34 PM
It isn’t even a running prototype yet, that’s supposedly on the way, but this is the concept and specs.

http://www.carbonmotors.com/images/car1.jpg

Specifications

OEM Carbon Motors Corporation
Vehicle Platform Codename E7
Brand Carbon Motors™
Nameplate To Be Determined
Assembly Location Under Negotiations
Price Comparable to Retail Passenger Car Outfitted with Law Enforcement Equipment. Detailed pricing will be announced in a few months.

POWERTRAIN / CHASSIS
Engine Forced Induction 3.0 Diesel
Recommended Fuel Ultra-low sulfur (ULS) Diesel or BioDiesel
Driveline Rear-Wheel-Drive
Horsepower 300 bhp
Torque 420 lb-ft
Transmission 6-Speed Automatic
Front Brakes 14" Vented Discs, ABS
Rear Brakes 13" Vented Discs, ABS
Wheels 18 x 8" Steel
Tires 245/50R18
Front Suspension Struts, coil springs, anti-roll bar
Rear Suspension Multi-link, coil springs, self-leveling shocks, anti-roll bar

DIMENSIONS
Wheelbase 122.0"
Front Track 66.9"
Rear Track 66.9"
Overall Length 200.0"
Overall Width 78.0"
Overall Height 64.2"
Ground Clearance 7.0"
Curb Weight 4000 lbs
Weight Distribution (front/rear) 50% / 50%
Front Headroom 40.0"
Rear Headroom 38.5"
Front Legroom 45.0"
Cargo Volume 20.0 cu ft
Fuel Capacity 18.0 gallons

PERFORMANCE
0 - 60 mph 6.5 seconds
Quarter Mile 14.5 seconds @ 98.0 mph
Top Speed 155 mph
Braking 60 - 0 mph 125 feet
Lateral Acceleration 0.85 g
Combined City/Hwy Fuel Economy 28 - 30 mpg

SELECTED FEATURES AND OPTIONS
All-new purpose-built vehicle platform exclusively for law enforcement· Meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements · Designed to 250,000 mile durability specification · Turn-key built-to-direct-order - 24/7/365 call center support · Turn-key end-of-vehicle-life process · Comprehensive warranty · Aluminum spaceframe body structure · 75 mph rear impact crash capability · Cockpit with fully-integrated factory fitted law enforcement equipment · Integrated emergency lights, spot lights, take down lights, and directional stick · Segment exclusive coach rear doors for safer suspect ingress and egress · Vehicle dynamic control · Anti-lock brakes · Optimized approach / departure angles and ground clearance · NIJ Level III-A (or better) ballistic protection (front doors and dash panel) · Purpose-designed seat for use with on-body equipment - Heated and ventilated seats · Heads up display · Reverse backup camera · Remote start capability · Driver specific intelligent key · 360 degree exterior surveillance capability · Automatic license plate recognition system · Video and audio surveillance of rear passenger compartment · 130hz - 350hz bass siren · Nightvision compliant interior illumination · Integrated forward looking infrared system (FLIR) · Integrated shotgun mounts · Optimized storage capability (compartment and cargo) · Integrated front and rear passenger compartment partition · Hoseable rear passenger compartment · Integrated push bumpers and PIT capability
* Carbon Motors Corporation reserves the right to alter specifications at any time without notice due to business or technical improvements Meets or exceeds all regulatory requirements

TinyEvel
08-21-2008, 01:41 PM

I saw one of these on the street yesterday and was actually gonna start a thread about it. They look DAMN SWEET! Definitely my favorite "retro-modern" interpretation of a classic muscle car.
Congrats.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 02:53 PM
I paid sticker for it, and am one of the first few to get a 2009 R/T. I bought it fully loaded, NAV, MYGIG electronics, leather, bazillion watt 21 speaker stereo or something crazy like that.
I opted out of a sunroof, had them on the last 3 cars and never use them. Also went with the stock 18 inch wheels that are pictured, instead of the 20 upcharge. You can actually build and price out your own on www.dodge.com. I am pretty excited, this muscle car gets about 25 on the highway due to the varible cam timing they have developed on the 5.7 Hemi.
I wasn't aware until yesterday, it has two spark plugs per cyl. :eek:

You are a lucky man. What does it get in the City?

Radar Chief
08-21-2008, 03:04 PM

Tickets, knowing Ed’s right foot. ;)

Iowanian
08-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Brand new cars are for suckers.

El Jefe
08-21-2008, 03:42 PM

No there for people tired of driving crappy cars that always have something to fix, wether it be mechanical or cosmetics. *I do not drive a brand new car FTR.

gblowfish
08-21-2008, 05:39 PM
My wifey wants a new Mustang.
I like the Bullitt Mustang:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/mustangbullitt/

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 07:59 PM
You gonna smoke the tires like that picture?

Inquiring minds want to know. :hmmm: :D

Sweet ride, btw.Probably at least once. :) That is the color I ordered as well. :D

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Sunroof or moonroof? I love my moonroof on my truck. Don't use it all the time, but it is cool to have. I am not sure of the difference, but it was $1200, found out a couple weeks after I ordered it, so didn't change it before the build date of 8-8-08.

I had picked some stupid "cat whisker" looking stripes and got them deleted in time. I might regret not getting the sunroof, and already have a little. We shall see, it is the first time I ever ordered a car. Probably the last too.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
I saw one of these on the street yesterday and was actually gonna start a thread about it. They look DAMN SWEET! Definitely my favorite "retro-modern" interpretation of a classic muscle car.
Congrats. Thanks! You probably saw an 08 SRT8, like Arnold, your Gov has.
They made 6400 of those, in Hemi Orange, Silver or Black. They were really big buck, 425hp bad ass cars. Then after the July shutdown, they started the 09s with the $20,000.00 SE V6 being the first out.. I willl have one of the first few R/Ts, the middle of the pack 372 hp version.

HemiEd
08-21-2008, 08:19 PM
16 I think, it is definately a drop from my 300Ms 19, but I don't drive that many city miles. We calculated, over 40k of the 300s 63k miles, were trips to Wichita and Virginia Beach.

Tickets, knowing Ed’s right foot. ;)

No kidding, the color choice may have been a mistake in that area.

I usually buy "demos" but this is a circumstance I won't have another exposure to in my lifetime. I was too young, stupid and poor to buy a muscle car the last time they were new.

No there for people tired of driving crappy cars that always have something to fix, wether it be mechanical or cosmetics. *I do not drive a brand new car FTR. I really like having a dependable daily driver. The 68 Barracuda is still my toy, even though I had to drive in the rain today.

My wifey wants a new Mustang.
I like the Bullitt Mustang:

http://www.fordvehicles.com/mustangbullitt/ The Mustangs are the by far the most car for the buck in this catagory right now. I could have bought one hell of a Mustang for what the R/T is setting me back.