PDA

View Full Version : Misc Lucid Dreaming

Braincase
08-22-2008, 05:51 AM
Had a pretty lucid dream last night. I was at a conference on the west coast, nice hotel. Apparently the conference ended at noon instead of three, and I was contemplating getting an earlier flight to get home rather than stay overnight for an extra unnecessaery flight. I had won a bet against a European buddy, as he was leaving with another of his countrymen (Russian, Swede?) we agreed that I was going to bring him something when I saw him at the next confeence, and he was going to bring me a six-pack from his native coutry the following May (I explicitly remember May, as that is when Microsoft's TechEd conference is going to be next year). I was supposed to have lunch with a couple of friends, but stepped away for a moment - they had flights to catch, and when I got back to the table, my food was sitting on a round table with no tablecloth. TV was on, and there was a show on TV about Hebrew Cantor's, and this one guy on TV all the time was singing with a group in Hebrew, and the group had the name "Dwarves" in the name. He had very light blue eyes with a dark ring around his irises.

In this city there were fountains, and people, entire families, were encouraged to play ijn the fountains to stay cool during the sumer time. I remember sitting in a fountain with several other tourists. No, I didn't wet the bed.

Also, there was an ad on TV at one point, a store attached to the hotel perhaps, and there was a giant women's shoe between two stair cases. A woman decnding the staircase commented that there was a Mozart Masterpiece filing the lobby, and the woman that had plased this 12 foot tall shoe there claimed credit.

In the shopping area, there were women shopping, and they all had headgear on from their home country. I think they were FInn.

Sorry, had to get it written down before I forgot it. Thought it might make for an interesting post. Carry on.

Anybody else a lucid dreamer?

JimNasium
08-22-2008, 05:53 AM
After an extensive dream interpretation I believe this means that McRib will be back at McDonald's soon.

beach tribe
08-22-2008, 05:54 AM
Unless you realized that you were dreaming whilst in the dream, it was not lucid. Cool none the less.

Chief Chief
08-22-2008, 06:23 AM
Plenty of room at the Hotel California...

You can check out anytime you like but you can never leave...

blueballs
08-22-2008, 06:29 AM
If you fell back to sleep afterwards
it served it's purpose

morphius
08-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Unless you realized that you were dreaming whilst in the dream, it was not lucid. Cool none the less.
Yup, that was my thought. I was wondering where he took over the dream. 'Cause if he had control and didn't get the beer from to guy immediately he has really poor dream skills. No self respecting lucid dreaming would plan to wait more then 3 months for a dream beer, lol

BWillie
08-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Tech support!!!!!!!!!

Braincase
08-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Guess I didn't know what the definition of "Lucid Dreaming" was. I thought it just had to do with waking and remembering the dream to detail.

That damn giant show is still pretty clear. If I meet some Israeli with freaky pale blue eyes, that'll be pretty cool. Especially if he's singing something in Hebrew.

morphius
08-22-2008, 07:34 AM
Guess I didn't know what the definition of "Lucid Dreaming" was. I thought it just had to do with waking and remembering the dream to detail.

That damn giant show is still pretty clear. If I meet some Israeli with freaky pale blue eyes, that'll be pretty cool. Especially if he's singing something in Hebrew.
Yeah, this would be called waking up and remembering your dream.

DRU
08-22-2008, 08:22 AM
yeah, just remembering isn't lucid. all of that being said, i am indeed a lucid dreamer and it can be very fun at times.

One example, I had a dream one time that I was on a flying carpet flying through the middle of the desert, but also there was this weird building that I would fly through and it had huge Simpsons characters among others floating around in the air.

I remember being a little scared at first because the flying carpet was going REALLY fast! Then when I realized it was a dream I had the time of my life on that thing!! I was able to cut corners like lightning and just fly around as fast as I wanted without a care in the world. I was actually able to have fun. It was great.

Here's another. I can remember when my mom used to wake me up for school she would come in and turn on my TV. Well, Super, Sloppy, Double-Dare was on TV and I would have lucid dreams that I was actually on the show. These were pretty fun as well.

On the flip-side, I've had another lucid dream before where I was sitting on the side of a big grassy hill. Nothing bug grassy hills as far as I could see. I was sitting there all by myself. I knew it was a dream and I couldn't wake up for life of me (usually you can do that once you know it's a dream...either stay in or wake up...sometimes staying in can be difficult if you try too hard.)

Anyway, that one was the most BORING time of my life. The dream seemed to last FOREVER and I was sitting there all by myself on the side of a hill, knowing it was a dream, and not able to wake up. It sucked.

On a smaller scale, I'm sure many of you had lucid dreams where you were having a nightmare or something like that and then realized it was a dream so you went ahead and pulled yourself out. If you get good at it you can actually stay in and have some fun with your nightmare. :)

TrickyNicky
08-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Is it considered Lucid if you get up from a dream, go to the bathroom, and then come back to the exact same dream?

The Franchise
08-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Is it considered Lucid if you get up from a dream, go to the bathroom, and then come back to the exact same dream?

I have those all the time.....

Rausch
08-22-2008, 10:17 AM

No, but it is reason enough to beat you confused since 1/2 the male populace has begged God to grant that too often to count...

Demonpenz
08-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Sometimes I dream I am doing something bad to a person in a position of great neutrality.

CosmicPal
08-22-2008, 10:22 AM
I think if I had a dream of being in a conference, it certainly wouldn't be lucid. It'd be a nightmare.

Rausch
08-22-2008, 10:24 AM
Sometimes I dream I am doing something bad to a person in a position of great neutrality.

Given the choice between deep or mind-numbingly-stupid I'll go with deep. Call it the benefit of the doubt.

It sounds similar to "I felt like destroying something beautiful."

I can relate to that...

Rausch
08-22-2008, 10:26 AM
Here's another. I can remember when my mom used to wake me up for school she would come in and turn on my TV. Well, Super, Sloppy, Double-Dare was on TV and I would have lucid dreams that I was actually on the show. These were pretty fun as well.

Dare I ask?

:spock:

Fish
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Lucid dreamers.... check out Waking Life. It's a movie about lucid dreams. Pretty trippy....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243017/

Demonpenz
08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
My girlfriends eyes are like chicken mcnuggets exept there are only two of them instead of 6 and there is no bbq sauce

Rausch
08-22-2008, 10:31 AM
My girlfriends eyes are like chicken mcnuggets exept there are only two of them instead of 6 and there is no bbq sauce

1,200 years ago someone would have thrown a skirt over you, tossed your azz in a cave, shaved you without precision, and called you an oracle...

Demonpenz
08-22-2008, 10:35 AM
I thought it was tuesday last yesterday month. Then I remember that Wednesday is yesterdays tomorrow

morphius
08-22-2008, 11:52 AM
yeah, just remembering isn't lucid. all of that being said, i am indeed a lucid dreamer and it can be very fun at times.

One example, I had a dream one time that I was on a flying carpet flying through the middle of the desert, but also there was this weird building that I would fly through and it had huge Simpsons characters among others floating around in the air.

I remember being a little scared at first because the flying carpet was going REALLY fast! Then when I realized it was a dream I had the time of my life on that thing!! I was able to cut corners like lightning and just fly around as fast as I wanted without a care in the world. I was actually able to have fun. It was great.

On the flip-side, I've had another lucid dream before where I was sitting on the side of a big grassy hill. Nothing bug grassy hills as far as I could see. I was sitting there all by myself. I knew it was a dream and I couldn't wake up for life of me (usually you can do that once you know it's a dream...either stay in or wake up...sometimes staying in can be difficult if you try too hard.)

Anyway, that one was the most BORING time of my life. The dream seemed to last FOREVER and I was sitting there all by myself on the side of a hill, knowing it was a dream, and not able to wake up. It sucked.

On a smaller scale, I'm sure many of you had lucid dreams where you were having a nightmare or something like that and then realized it was a dream so you went ahead and pulled yourself out. If you get good at it you can actually stay in and have some fun with your nightmare. :)
Back when I was doing it, I don't ever remember not being able to wake myself up, my biggest issue was, as you mentioned, not pushing it so far that it would wake you up. I found that flying was about the only thing I could do well without waking myself up, though I did almost have a few nightmares where I just completely destroyed anything scary.

After a while I got tired of the scenery, seemed to revolve around work or school and I just got bored with the whole thing and then started actually ignoring the dreams to get more sleep. Its funny when you ignore a dream, all I could see was black, but I could hear the dream in the background. It would be like lying with eyes closed in front of the TV with the volume down to just barely audible. You can tell stuff is going on, but you know you just don't give a shit.

teedubya
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM
I once dreamed nearly the whole movie of Grease...

MOhillbilly
08-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Lucid dreamers.... check out Waking Life. It's a movie about lucid dreams. Pretty trippy....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0243017/

or The Jacket.

Fish
08-22-2008, 12:08 PM
I had a lucid dream once where I killed someone. It was slightly unclear who he was, but somehow I knew he was a "bad guy".

It was very traumatic, and messed with my head.... the fact that I chose to do it, and saw and felt the consequences afterwards.

Gonzo
08-22-2008, 12:59 PM

Skip wishes he had lucid dreams, unfortunately he just has flacid ones.

Fairplay
08-22-2008, 01:30 PM
The other day i was perusing the threads and i seen a post i did in the evening.

I don't remember at all posting it. I had to do a double take.

All i remember was i couldn't get to sleep that night.

So if i post anything dumb its because i'm sleep-typing.

Mr. Plow
08-22-2008, 01:47 PM

No....it's called a Wet Dream.

Joie
08-22-2008, 02:01 PM
The other day i was perusing the threads and i seen a post i did in the evening.

I don't remember at all posting it. I had to do a double take.

All i remember was i couldn't get to sleep that night.

So if i post anything dumb its because i'm sleep-typing.

Nice...giving excuse in advance for stupid posts. :rolleyes:

Joie
08-22-2008, 02:03 PM
No....it's called a Wet Dream.

I thought that was going to the bathroom without getting out of bed. :shrug:

beach tribe
08-22-2008, 02:18 PM
I had a lucid dream once that there was huge hole in the middle of a dirt field, just rocks, and dirt, and it was like a vacuum, and it was pulling me toward it. The hole was about 6 feet in diameter. I could not fight aginst it's pull, and lost my footing, and was sucked towards and into the hole. the side of the hole was loose dirt, and gravel. I screamed, and clawed at the loose sharp rocks, as I fell at an alarming rate. Extremely realistic, but all of a sudden I realized that my hands were not getting scratched, and there was no pain...............and then I became Lucid. I switched gears, turned head first, and began a scorching fast dive into this hole when all of a sudden it was like I fell all the way through the Earth, shot up into the sky, and experienced my one, and only completely controlled flight. Altitude direction, and thrust, if you, will were all under my control.......until they weren't. I eventually fell on top of grocery store. The people in the parking lot were freaking out. Then I woke up. Probably the coolest thing I have ever experienced. Awake, or asleep.

morphius
08-22-2008, 08:09 PM
I had a lucid dream once that there was huge hole in the middle of a dirt field, just rocks, and dirt, and it was like a vacuum, and it was pulling me toward it. The hole was about 6 feet in diameter. I could not fight aginst it's pull, and lost my footing, and was sucked towards and into the hole. the side of the hole was loose dirt, and gravel. I screamed, and clawed at the loose sharp rocks, as I fell at an alarming rate. Extremely realistic, but all of a sudden I realized that my hands were not getting scratched, and there was no pain...............and then I became Lucid. I switched gears, turned head first, and began a scorching fast dive into this hole when all of a sudden it was like I fell all the way through the Earth, shot up into the sky, and experienced my one, and only completely controlled flight. Altitude direction, and thrust, if you, will were all under my control.......until they weren't. I eventually fell on top of grocery store. The people in the parking lot were freaking out. Then I woke up. Probably the coolest thing I have ever experienced. Awake, or asleep.
I became lucid in the middle of a dream about dodge ball in the gym, dodge ball is pretty sweet when you can fly, lol.