PDA

View Full Version : Football Donkos look like crap

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 10:09 AM
C'mon everybody the season is about to get started lets just have a good ol' Donkey-pile pile-on thread.

Good luck with Wiegmann blocking up front. ROFL

Good luck with Ryan Clady gettin pwned every week. ROFL

Good luck with SELVIN YOUNG as your starting RB. ROFL

Who do they have after Young? Andre Hall. ROFL

#1 WR Brandon Marshall ROFL #2 D-JAX ROFL Is that guy still in the league?

Jay Cutler: "Nice to meet you, I mean you kinda suck but my dad says that you might be good someday ..." ROFL

Shanarat has seriously lost his marbles. ROFL

Bugeater
08-23-2008, 10:13 AM
This would be a lot more fun if we were going to be any good.

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 10:15 AM
This would be a lot more fun if we were going to be any good.

You know what you need? You should take some more lithium or have a Diet Coke. Some caffeine might get you out of this slump.

Fish
08-23-2008, 10:40 AM
AFC West is a disgrace.....

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 10:44 AM
AFC West is a disgrace.....

Best in the league, sh-t it is 2008........

Dang sleeping pills.
:doh!:

HerculesRockefell
08-23-2008, 10:49 AM
I realize it's only the preseason, but was this really the best day to start this thread? You're calling out a starting offense who only played 3 series last night and came away with 17 points. TDs drives of 80 and 99 yds and the FG drive started on their 20. Yeah, they looked like "crap" last night.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 10:54 AM
Denver will make the playoffs this year.

HerculesRockefell
08-23-2008, 10:55 AM

No, they won't.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 11:06 AM
No, they won't.

This will be the best Denver offense they have had since Elway left. We always are able to run the ball, and Cutler is playing dang good. We are holding offenses to 3.5 yards per carry this preseason. Last preseason we were giving up 4.6 yards per carry. This is not a 7 win team. Its a 9-12 win team.

I think we go 10-6 at least.

chiefbowe82
08-23-2008, 11:13 AM
If anyone looks like crap it's the Patriots

Pablo
08-23-2008, 11:17 AM
This will be the best Denver offense they have had since Elway left. We always are able to run the ball, and Cutler is playing dang good. We are holding offenses to 3.5 yards per carry this preseason. Last preseason we were giving up 4.6 yards per carry. This is not a 7 win team. Its a 9-12 win team.

Denver 7-9
Chiefs 5-11

You're going to do better than us...but big f*ckin deal.

HerculesRockefell
08-23-2008, 11:24 AM

The offense is a year away, it's still way too young. There's a chance they could start 8 guys who have 2 full seasons or less experience this year (Cutler, Young/Hall, Hillis, Marshall, Royal, Clady, Kuper, and Harris), add in Scheffler who will see a ton of playing time too. The future looks good, but their inexperience will be exposed this year.

The defense still needs a lot of help. Guys like Engleberger and Webster shouldn't sniff starting spots in the NFL, and the pass rush is still non-existant from the front 4.

I'd take 8-8 this year.

DaFace
08-23-2008, 11:25 AM

I can't tell if I envy you or pity you. The blind optimism is something I've had in the past, but this year I'm afraid it's just not possible for us. You all are at least on the brink of mediocrity, so it's easier to convince yourself that you have a chance.

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 11:25 AM

Laugh riot

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 11:26 AM

ROFL

Denver's record won't even be good enough if they were in the NFC...

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 11:26 AM
I realize it's only the preseason, but was this really the best day to start this thread? You're calling out a starting offense who only played 3 series last night and came away with 17 points. TDs drives of 80 and 99 yds and the FG drive started on their 20. Yeah, they looked like "crap" last night.

Get a goddamn job Hercules

kcxiv
08-23-2008, 11:27 AM
Kind of hard for me to pile on Denver when we are going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this year. lol

Pablo
08-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Kind of hard for me to pile on Denver when we are going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this year. lolIt's pretty simple...just throw your objective stance out the window and let that hate spill from your heart...

Simply Red
"Because I'm just trying to fit in."

Smed1065
This will be the best Denver offense they have had since Elway left.

Sounds like our fans, same sh-t every year.

http://scosoft.com/h/i/38feb661.gif

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 11:29 AM
The defense still needs a lot of help. Guys like Engleberger and Webster shouldn't sniff starting spots in the NFL, and the pass rush is still non-existant from the front 4.

Jesus, when did a nitwit like you get so sophisticated?

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Kind of hard for me to pile on Denver when we are going to be one of the worst teams in the NFL this year. lol

Don't let that stop you. Feel the hate.

Simply Red
08-23-2008, 11:33 AM
There is a moment of sheer panic when I realize that L.A. Chief's Fan's apartment overlooks the park... and is obviously more expensive than mine.

Simply Red
08-23-2008, 11:34 AM

Not if you want to keep your spleen.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 11:35 AM
The offense is a year away, it's still way too young. There's a chance they could start 8 guys who have 2 full seasons or less experience this year (Cutler, Young/Hall, Hillis, Marshall, Royal, Clady, Kuper, and Harris), add in Scheffler who will see a ton of playing time too. The future looks good, but their inexperience will be exposed this year.

I'd take 8-8 this year.

Yea Denvers offense is very young, that is why last year was so huge for us.
We got a lot of guys experience last year and we are a better team this year.

Cutler looks like he will be a top 5 QB this year, and Marshall looks like he will be in the top 5 at his position as well.

Our DE's aren't anything to brag about outside of Dumerville but our starting DT's are pretty good with Marcus Thomas and Dewayne Robertson.At least we will be able to stop the run this year. And having Champ Bailey and Dre Bly back there helps us a lot.

We went 7-9 with 2 rookie undrafted free agent runningbacks getting the bulk of the carries, a first year starter at QB, a first year starter WR, and rookies all over the defensive line. And had injuries all over the offensive line...Matt Lepsis torn ACL, Tom Nalen torn Bicep Muscle, and Ben Hamilton (severe migraines) missed more than 8 games a piece last year. We are returning 2/3 (Nalen is hurt but you know what Weigman can do) and Ryan Clady has not given up a sack against Mario Williams, Demarcus Ware, and Aaron Kampman.

There is no reason why Denver won't win 3 more games than they did last year. They are better.

Ceej
08-23-2008, 11:35 AM
..."maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I am simply not there."

Ceej
08-23-2008, 11:36 AM
I'll be back later guys. I have to return some videotapes.

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm trying to talk shit about the new Broncos team, but Simply Red and CJizzles keep buzzing in my ear

Simply Red
08-23-2008, 11:47 AM
L.A. Chief's fan? what's wrong? you're sweating?

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 11:49 AM
Negative. Cancel that.

Simply Red
08-23-2008, 11:55 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zwnsz0WqHp0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zwnsz0WqHp0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

boogblaster
08-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Die Donks Die ... experience or knot ... Ratahannan too ...

Hammock Parties
08-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Their defense is their real achilles heel. Jarvis Moss is a bust. They have no linebackers or defensive tackles. Their safeties suck. And their kicking situation is a hoot.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 12:14 PM

Cutler looks like he will be a top 5 QB this year, and Marshall looks like he will be in the top 5 at his position as well.

Our DE's aren't anything to brag about outside of Dumerville but our starting DT's are pretty good with Marcus Thomas and Dewayne Robertson.At least we will be able to stop the run this year. And having Champ Bailey and Dre Bly back there helps us a lot.

We went 7-9 with 2 rookie undrafted free agent runningbacks getting the bulk of the carries, a first year starter at QB, a first year starter WR, and rookies all over the defensive line. And had injuries all over the offensive line...Matt Lepsis torn ACL, Tom Nalen torn Bicep Muscle, and Ben Hamilton (severe migraines) missed more than 8 games a piece last year. We are returning 2/3 (Nalen is hurt but you know what Weigman can do) and Ryan Clady has not given up a sack against Mario Williams, Demarcus Ware, and Aaron Kampman.

There is no reason why Denver won't win 3 more games than they did last year. They are better.

Cutler a Top 5 QB?

Marshall a Top 5 WR?

ROFLROFLROFL

Dear God, man. You are the ultimate homer.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Now I like Brandon Marshall but um top 5 WR?

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Cutler a Top 5 QB?

Marshall a Top 5 WR?

ROFLROFLROFL

Cutler will be this year. He leads all QB's in preseason in Completion Pct, TD's, 1st down percentage, and is second in QB Rating.

Cutler is 3rd ALLTIME!!!!!!! for QB's in their rookie and second year for QB Rating.

He is going to be top 5 this year.

You know Brandon Marshall is a beast. He is definitely better than any WR in the division.

Quesadilla Joe

He is not far from it.

Pablo
Cutler a Top 5 QB?

Marshall a Top 5 WR?

ROFLROFLROFL

Dear God, man. You are the ultimate homer.I dunno. Cutler could easily be Top 10.

You've got Manning, Brady, Romo, Favre, Palmer, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees, Hasselbeck, then Cutler. I'd put him ahead of Rivers as well.

Top 5 is expecting a bit too much.

As for WR's there is Moss, Wayne, Harrison, Fitzgerald, Boldin, T.O, Housh, Chad Johnson...and quite a few more that I don't want to take the time to list. Top 15 maybe. Top 25 probably. But I'm sure Denver will be chucking the ball around quite a bit this year.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Even if you wanna try to argue he's as good as or better than Bowe that still doesn't make him a top 5 WR.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Their defense is their real achilles heel. Jarvis Moss is a bust. They have no linebackers or defensive tackles. Their safeties suck. And their kicking situation is a hoot.

Our defense is the weakest part of our team. But we will be able to stop the run this year.

Jarvis Moss would be a senior in college this year he needs time. I wish we wouldn't have drafted him but he just needs to get stronger.

Your safeties are any better?

Simply Red
08-23-2008, 12:31 PM
Our defense is the weakest part of our team. But we will be able to stop the run this year.

Jarvis Moss would be a senior in college this year he needs time. I wish we wouldn't have drafted him but he just needs to get stronger.

Your safeties are any better?

Wait, what?

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
I dunno. Cutler could easily be Top 10.

You've got Manning, Brady, Romo, Favre, Palmer, Manning, Roethlisberger, Brees, Hasselbeck, then Cutler. I'd put him ahead of Rivers as well.

As for WR's there is Moss, Wayne, Harrison, Fitzgerald, Boldin, T.O, Housh, Chad Johnson...and quite a few more that I don't want to take the time to list. Top 15 maybe. Top 25 probably. But I'm sure Denver will be chucking the ball around quite a bit this year.

Brandon Marshall could be up there. Last year was his first year starting and he was 5th in receptions, 6th in yards, and led all WR's in Yards after the catch.

He might not be right now but by the end of the season there will be no question that Marshall is an elite WR.

Smed1065
Cutler will be this year. He leads all QB's in preseason in Completion Pct, TD's, 1st down percentage, and is second in QB Rating.

Cutler is 3rd for QB's in their rookie and second year for QB Rating.

He is going to be top 5 this year.

You know Brandon Marshall is a beast. He is definitely better than any WR in the division.

http://scosoft.com/h/k/65c81352.gif

kstater

ROFL

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Brandon Marshall could be up there. Last year was his first year starting and he was 5th in receptions, 6th in yards, and led all WR's in Yards after the catch.

He might not be right now but by the end of the season there will be no question that Marshall is an elite WR.

Went from is a top 5 to could be?

Could be kool-aide.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 12:35 PM
All I'm gonna say is Moss, Owens, Wayne, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, Tory Holt, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin..

Hell for young WR's I like Greg Jennings more than Marshall.

ChiefsBlow
08-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Cutler was 1-6 before he got anything going

Marshall should continue to pushoff in pre-season, wont happen in the regular season

That being said, we both as teams suck

Wouldnt be surprised to see the Raiders roll over us both

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 12:38 PM
All I'm gonna say is Moss, Owens, Wayne, Chad Johnson, Andre Johnson, Tory Holt, Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin..

Those are just names. Marshall puts up similar numbers and is younger than all of them.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 12:39 PM
Cutler was 1-6 before he got anything going

Marshall should continue to pushoff in pre-season, wont happen in the regular season

That being said, we both as teams suck

Wouldnt be surprised to see the Raiders roll over us both

Actually he was 1-7 then completed 5 out of his next 6 passes with 2 touchdowns.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 12:39 PM

Will be....Could be.... Should be.......Might be..... Maybe....

Top 5

SHOULD HAVE BEEN!:doh!:

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 12:41 PM
Top 5 for both.

I said so!

Fudge you no cut blockers anyway!

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Will be....Could be.... Should be.......Might be..... Maybe....

Top 5

SHOULD HAVE BEEN!:doh!:

By the end of the year, you will put Brandon Marshall in the top 5 of WR recievers. After this season is over everyone will have Brandon Marshall as a top 5 WR in Fantasy Football. He produces.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 12:45 PM
By the end of the year, you will put Brandon Marshall in the top 5 of WR recievers. After this season is over everyone will have Brandon Marshall as a top 5 WR in Fantasy Football. He produces.

http://scosoft.com/h/i/20caf24d.gif

Did the magic 8 ball tell you this?

Or the rat?

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 12:46 PM

Are you freebasing or what?

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 12:50 PM
Have you free based your entire life?

FYP.

Simply Red
08-23-2008, 12:53 PM
Are you freebasing or what?

Yes,

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 12:54 PM
I've seen cutler7624 sitting in his office spinning a ****ing menorah

CupidStunt
08-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Denver is becoming the Chiefs of the Vermeil era. The offense is really looking potent, although a legit RB would put them over the top. But the defense looks worse every time I see it. Absolute abortion of a front seven.

The question is which team are they -- the 2003 edition with a defense that gives up yards and points but makes some key plays, or perhaps the 2004 edition which stopped teams fewer times than it scored on them?

Based on what I've seen they're an 8-8 team with a dynamite QB and a dominant WR, albeit a knucklehead. They don't have the backfield or WR depth to completely dominate on offense every single game which would overcome a terrible defense. Oh, they'll gain some yards on the ground, but a lot of cheap shit that amounts to nothing, just like last year. They really need a Clinton Portis type who can actually find the endzone and draw a defender's attention to the RB, not just staying on staying on their feet.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 01:15 PM
DEN @ OAK-W
SD @ DEN-W (No Gates, Hardwick, Merriman, Cooper- LT, Rivers, Jamal Williams are all coming off of knee injuries)
NO @ DEN L
DEN @ KC W
TB @ DEN W
JAC @ DEN L
DEN @ NE L
Bye
MIA @ DEN W
DEN @ CLE L
DEN @ ATL W
OAK @ DEN W
DEN @ NYJ L
KC @ DEN W
DEN @ CAR W
BUF @ DEN W
DEN @ SD L
10-6
That is very reasonable.

Rausch
08-23-2008, 01:18 PM
DEN @ OAK-W
SD @ DEN-W (No Gates, Hardwick, Merriman, Cooper- LT, Rivers, Jamal Williams are all coming off of knee injuries)
NO @ DEN L
DEN @ KC W
TB @ DEN W
JAC @ DEN L
DEN @ NE L
Bye
MIA @ DEN W
DEN @ CLE L
DEN @ ATL W
OAK @ DEN W
DEN @ NYJ L
KC @ DEN W
DEN @ CAR W
BUF @ DEN W
DEN @ SD L
10-6
That is very reasonable.

I doubt the CHargers lose more than one division game. If that.

I also think the bucs will surprise a lot of people. Scrappy team, you never know when they'll show up...

CupidStunt
08-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Denver will not stay within two TDs of the Chargers. The Eggos are just far too physical for a soft team such as the Broncos.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 01:31 PM
I doubt the CHargers lose more than one division game. If that.

I also think the bucs will surprise a lot of people. Scrappy team, you never know when they'll show up...

The Bucs are a tough team on defense. But I don't think their offense is very good at all. Jeff Garcia/Joey Galloway/ Earnest Graham don't scare me one bit.

I think the Chargers wont play to well early in the season with all the injuries they have to key players. But when healthy they are definitely head and shoulders above the rest of the division.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 01:32 PM
DEN @ OAK-W
NO @ DEN L
DEN @ KC W
TB @ DEN W
JAC @ DEN L
DEN @ NE L
Bye
MIA @ DEN W
DEN @ CLE L
DEN @ ATL W
OAK @ DEN W
DEN @ NYJ L
KC @ DEN W
DEN @ CAR W
BUF @ DEN W
DEN @ SD L
10-6
That is very reasonable.

Convincing yourself?

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 01:48 PM
Convincing yourself?

No. We were 7-9 last year. Our team is better this year. We will have a better record than we did last year.

I'm sorry that the Chiefs look like they won't win 8 games combined the next 2 years. Not every team sucks like the Chiefs. We got better. I bet you wish you could say the same about your team.

vailpass
08-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Chiefs fan talking shit about anybody else's team = top comedy.

D. Bowe's stats won't be in the same ball park as B. Marshall's this year even though B. Marshall will spot him 2 games.

There is not a team in the NFL outside of KC where B. Croyle would be the starter.Not one.

Both/either Denver/KC could have a strength show through that was not looked for in pre-season but is the result of chemistry and coaching once the live bullets fly. You never know until they play.

This is all just talk since that is all we have to fill the space until the real games start.
Come on regular season let's get it going and let the play speak for itself!

alanm
08-23-2008, 02:09 PM

D. Bowe's stats won't be in the same ball park as B. Marshall's this year even though B. Marshall will spot him 2 games.

There is not a team in the NFL outside of KC where B. Croyle would be the starter.Not one.

This is all just talk since that is all we have to fill the space until the real games start.
Denver's offense has been pretty good so far in the preseason. I'm forced to watch by my GF so I've seen every game.
The defense hasn't been much to write home about.
If the injury bug raises it's ugly head especially along the offensive line Denver will be in trouble moving the ball. But then you could say that about any team at the moment.
The Chiefs will have trouble moving the ball unless their O line starts jelling. Contingent on having everyone playing together.
Defense will be the strength of the team. I fully expect they will be a top 15 defense and possibly a top 10.
We'll start to find out in 2 weeks.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:14 PM
No. We were 7-9 last year. Our team is better this year. We will have a better record than we did last year.

I'm sorry that the Chiefs look like they won't win 8 games combined the next 2 years. Not every team sucks like the Chiefs. We got better. I bet you wish you could say the same about your team.

So 7-9 equals multiple players making top 5 in the league in their 2nd or 3rd season?

alanm
08-23-2008, 02:14 PM

I don't believe you're defense will allow you to win enough to get to a WC. Denver's d line still leaves a lot to be desired and like the Chiefs you're LB's are questionable at the moment. Teams will be able to run on Denver as they did last season
That said I would wager that KC will make the playoffs next season and quite possibly before Denver does again.

Simply Red
08-23-2008, 02:15 PM
Bronco's and Chief's fans talking shit about anybody else's team = top comedy.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:16 PM

Both/either Denver/KC could have a strength show through that was not looked for in pre-season but is the result of chemistry and coaching once the live bullets fly. You never know until they play.

Magic 8 ball again? BC would not start in Minnesota?

Thin air, I guess.

CupidStunt
08-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Can you ever stick to a topic without deflecting to the Chiefs?

It's pathetic, dude. Really pathetic.

DaFace
08-23-2008, 02:31 PM

I actually agree with you for the most part. I just don't see Denver making the playoffs this year unless a bunch of other teams fall off pretty significantly. Denver's certainly in better shape than KC right now, but predicting 10-6 is a stretch for me.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't believe you're defense will allow you to win enough to get to a WC. Denver's d line still leaves a lot to be desired and like the Chiefs you're LB's are questionable at the moment. Teams will be able to run on Denver as they did last season
That said I would wager that KC will make the playoffs next season and quite possibly before Denver does again.

One thing I am loving about our defense so far is our ability to stop the run. You can tell that stopping the run was the number 1 priority in training camp. This scheme is designed to stop the run.

Last year in the preseason we gave up 4.6 yards per carry and in the regular season we allowed 4.6 yards per carry.

This year in the preseason we are only giving up 3.5 yards per carry. We might get killed on playaction passes this year. But I can promise you we will be able to stop the run.

DaFace
08-23-2008, 02:34 PM
One thing I am loving about our defense so far is our ability to stop the run. You can tell that stopping the run was the number 1 priority in training camp. This scheme is designed to stop the run.

Last year in the preseason we gave up 4.6 yards per carry and in the regular season we allowed 4.6 yards per carry.

This year in the preseason we are only giving up 3.5 yards per carry. We might get killed on playaction passes this year. But I can promise you we will be able to stop the run.

You clearly put significantly more stock in preseason than I. No matter what happens in preseason, it should be taken with a grain of salt. Get back to me in week 5.

jjchieffan
08-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I dunno. Cutler could easily be Top 10.

You are being generous. I think Rivers is better too. I also like Mcnabb above Cutler. Then ther is Derek Anderson, Matt Schaub, Marc Bulger and David Garrard that are at least on the same level, if not better than Cuntler. I just don't see what everyone sees in him.

DaFace
08-23-2008, 02:43 PM
You are being generous. I think Rivers is better too. I also like Mcnabb above Cutler. Then ther is Derek Anderson, Matt Schaub, Marc Bulger and David Garrard that are at least on the same level, if not better than **ntler. I just don't see what everyone sees in him.

I think he's got potential, but it's a long way off. I don't mean to give him too much credit with this comparison, but he reminds me of a sloppy Brett Favre in a way. Lots of physical ability, and he can rocket a pass in there, but he's overconfident in his abilities sometimes and forces things in too often. If he can ever figure it out, he could be scary, but he's not there right now anyway.

CupidStunt
08-23-2008, 02:45 PM

The first preseason game is worthless. Marion Barber had no problem against the Broncos. And the third preseason game is hardly an indicator when you're going against Brandon f'ing Jackson and some other scrubs.

You can "promise" Denver will stop the run? With that God-awful front seven? :spock:

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 02:46 PM
So 7-9 equals multiple players making top 5 in the league in their 2nd or 3rd season?

What are you talking about hater. The improvement of Cutler alone makes us a better team. Cutler has ungodly potential. And he is showing it so far in the preseason.

Mike Martz has been quoted saying "Cutler has a chance to be better than Peyton Manning"

Peyton Manning First 2 years in the NFL
Games 32
QB Rating80.95
Comp% 59.29
Yards 7874
Yards per game246.06
Yards Per Attempt7.1
TD's 52
TD's Per Game 1.62
Int's 43
Int's per game 1.34

Jay Cutler Career Stats
Games 21
QB Rat 88.2
Comp% 62.6
Yards 4498
Yards Per Game 214.2
Yards Per Attempt 7.4
TD 29
TD Per Game 1.38
INT 19
INT Per Game .9

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:48 PM
I actually agree with you for the most part. I just don't see Denver making the playoffs this year unless a bunch of other teams fall off pretty significantly. Denver's certainly in better shape than KC right now, but predicting 10-6 is a stretch for me.

Good call but who is not?

Miami?

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 02:48 PM
The first preseason game is worthless. Marion Barber had no problem against the Broncos. And the third preseason game is hardly an indicator when you're going against Brandon f'ing Jackson and some other scrubs.

You can "promise" Denver will stop the run? With that God-awful front seven? :spock:

The scheme is designed to stop the run. We bring 8 men in the box on first and second down. We are going to stop the run. DJ Williams aint to bad.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:49 PM

Who will run when they can pass?

@

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 02:52 PM
You are being generous. I think Rivers is better too. I also like Mcnabb above Cutler. Then ther is Derek Anderson, Matt Schaub, Marc Bulger and David Garrard that are at least on the same level, if not better than **ntler. I just don't see what everyone sees in him.

Games 32
QB Rating80.95
Comp% 59.29
Yards 7874
Yards per game246.06
Yards Per Attempt7.1
TD's 52
TD's Per Game 1.62
Int's 43
Int's per game 1.34

Jay Cutler Career Stats
Games 21
QB Rat 88.2
Comp% 62.6
Yards 4498
Yards Per Game 214.2
Yards Per Attempt 7.4
TD 29
TD Per Game 1.38
INT 19
INT Per Game .9

Jay Cutler is 3RD ALL TIME in rookie and second year QB Rating. The guy is special. He has a strong arm, is accurate, can scramble. He has everything you would want in a Quarterback.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:53 PM
What are you talking about hater. The improvement of Cutler alone makes us a better team. Cutler has ungodly potential. And he is showing it so far in the preseason.

Mike Martz has been quoted saying "Cutler has a chance to be better than Peyton Manning"

Games 32
QB Rating80.95
Comp% 59.29
Yards 7874
Yards per game246.06
Yards Per Attempt7.1
TD's 52
TD's Per Game 1.62
Int's 43
Int's per game 1.34

Jay Cutler Career Stats
Games 21
QB Rat 88.2
Comp% 62.6
Yards 4498
Yards Per Game 214.2
Yards Per Attempt 7.4
TD 29
TD Per Game 1.38
INT 19
INT Per Game .9

So one coach means success?

Potential is just that until it is proven.

I am a hater because I present facts?

Ryan leaf had the max potential....IIRC.

vailpass
08-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Denver's offense has been pretty good so far in the preseason. I'm forced to watch by my GF so I've seen every game.
The defense hasn't been much to write home about.
If the injury bug raises it's ugly head especially along the offensive line Denver will be in trouble moving the ball. But then you could say that about any team at the moment.
The Chiefs will have trouble moving the ball unless their O line starts jelling. Contingent on having everyone playing together.
Defense will be the strength of the team. I fully expect they will be a top 15 defense and possibly a top 10.
We'll start to find out in 2 weeks.

Agree with each of your points except KC being a top 10 D, that one will require a lot from several rooks, some LBs that are pretty shaky IMO and an awfully old man in the backfield so it looks like a wait and see to me.

I'll be watching with interest to see how the Huskers look this year. Not so much the W/L but is the attitude back?

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:56 PM
The scheme is designed to stop the run. We bring 8 men in the box on first and second down. We are going to stop the run. DJ Williams aint to bad.

So again why run when you can pass.
No runs over 5 yards max, like that will happen.

Pass = 15 to 20 yards.

Just saying one sided does not work.

vailpass
08-23-2008, 02:57 PM

Can't argue with that.

vailpass
08-23-2008, 02:57 PM

:) okay yeah you could word it that way too.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Agree with each of your points except KC being a top 10 D, that one will require a lot from several rooks, some LBs that are pretty shaky IMO and an awfully old man in the backfield so it looks like a wait and see to me.

I'll be watching with interest to see how the Huskers look this year. Not so much the W/L but is the attitude back?

So its just not me on the top 10 defense?

:eek:

vailpass
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
Can you ever stick to a topic without deflecting to the Chiefs?

It's pathetic, dude. Really pathetic.

Honest question: how am I off topic here?

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 02:59 PM
So one coach means success?

Potential is just that until it is proven.

I am a hater because I present facts?

Ryan leaf had the max potential....IIRC.

More than one coach has said Cutler is the real deal. And I just gave you facts. All you say is something about Magic 8 Ball's :spock:

Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger and Dallas' Tony Romo impress with their ability to strike downfield after leaving the pocket.

Cincinnati's Carson Palmer dazzles with his arm strength and his ability to sniff out opposing defenses.

Houston's Matt Schaub has a better feel for the pocket than most, while Jacksonville's David Garrard brings poise and a high football IQ to the quarterback position.

QB RATINGS
Strong Buy: Analysts have a hard time seeing him failing. Reserved for those who possess the physical tools and intangibles to join the very elite.

Buy: Should enjoy a long, productive career with Pro Bowls in his future. Minor limitations separate them from the highest rating.

Hold: Has the potential to take the next step, but it's unclear how high his stock might rise.

Underperform: The jury has returned its verdict, and the news isn't very good.

Sell: Trade him now.

For all their differences, most of the NFL's promising young quarterbacks share a striking similarity in the eyes of scouts and coaches: They can't touch Denver's Jay Cutler for sheer potential.

Asked to evaluate 11 young starters, experts singled out Cutler as the quarterback most likely to reach the elite status currently shared by Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

"The kid in Denver, to me he is the future of this league," an AFC pro scout said.

"I would jump on that boat," an NFC personnel director said. "He isn't quite there, but you see those flashes of a guy who, once he has the whole playbook in his mind and he's made all the mistakes he needs to make in learning it, man, he's going to be a special player."

ESPN.com granted anonymity to two pro scouts, one personnel director, a defensive coordinator and a defensive backs coach in exchange for unvarnished evaluations.

The experts analyzed starting quarterbacks younger than 30 and with fewer than four seasons of starting experience. San Francisco's Alex Smith and Arizona's Matt Leinart fell from consideration because neither has established himself as a long-term starter.

That left 11 young quarterbacks standing: Roethlisberger, Romo, Palmer, Schaub, Garrard, Cleveland's Derek Anderson, San Diego's Philip Rivers, Tennessee's Vince Young, Washington's Jason Campbell, the New York Giants' Eli Manning and, of course, Cutler.

STRONG BUY

Jay Cutler, Broncos

CUTLER WATCH

Bullish: Exceptionally strong arm, good mobility and accuracy, calm under pressure. Showed toughness in returning quickly from painful leg injury.
Bearish: Like many hard throwers, trusts his arm strength too much at times.
2007 most yards per attempt Player YPA*
Tom Brady 8.60
Tony Romo 8.58
Brett Favre 7.96
Jay Cutler 7.92
Peyton Manning 7.90
*minimum 100 attempts
The second-year pro has completed better than 60 percent of his passes through his first 18 regular-season starts, but the numbers don't begin to explain what separates Cutler from the others.

"I love him," the AFC scout said. "He's athletic, poised, smart, accurate -- and there was just something about that kid coming out, the way he was wired."

The Broncos have had problems surrounding Cutler with a consistent supporting cast. Losing veteran center Tom Nalen was a significant setback. Top receiver Javon Walker has hardly played. Top running back Travis Henry has 34 carries over the last seven games.

Cutler's numbers have suffered as a result, but he's still averaging 7.9 yards per attempt, putting him up there with Brett Favre (7.96) and Peyton Manning (7.9).

"He has an unbelievable career ahead of him," the NFC personnel director said. "He is Romo [in terms of confidence] with the physical tools to match. He's fun to watch because he's kind of like the kid who plays quarterback down at the playground. 'Let's just go play.'"

Cutler, 24, has less experience than the other quarterbacks on our list, leaving more for the imagination. But his poise and physical ability are obvious already.

"He has a cannon of an arm, obviously, and when he's in the pocket, he has the arm strength to make all the throws," an NFC pro scout said. "Throw in the fact that he can move around and buy additional time, and he's got a pretty impressive arsenal in terms of ability and arm strength and feet."

sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3142771

vailpass
08-23-2008, 03:02 PM

Thin air, I guess.

No magic 8 ball just MHO . Maybe BC would start for Minny especially now that they have the injury situation.
IMHO this should be the year to tell if BC is franchise QB material or not regardless of the OL situation.

manchambo
08-23-2008, 03:06 PM

Thin air, I guess.

Strong comeback: "I can think of one team whose QB sucks bad enough that our QB could play for them."

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:12 PM
Strong comeback: "I can think of one team whose QB sucks bad enough that our QB could play for them."

Off the top of my head Minnesota.

Price wise should be Arizona. IMO

If they drafted him, it would be larger.
I did not say he the top 10 but people like you is why they never tried to develop a QB.

Most expect a QB to have a 60% winning record and a QB rating of over 90 in the first 6 games to have a chance to start. Most do not and yet people bitch if they do not.

Show me 5 QB's that started with those numbers and are still playing today.

alanm
08-23-2008, 03:14 PM
I think he's got potential, but it's a long way off. I don't mean to give him too much credit with this comparison, but he reminds me of a sloppy Brett Favre in a way. Lots of physical ability, and he can rocket a pass in there, but he's overconfident in his abilities sometimes and forces things in too often. If he can ever figure it out, he could be scary, but he's not there right now anyway.
He's got tons of potential. But then so does Croyle. Croyle has flashed some at times when he hasn't been running for his life every other play last season. Cutler has had a pretty consistant oline for the most part since he's been starting. Croyle has been working behind shit except for Waters.
Both have exceptional arm strenght. Cutler has made better decisions with putting the ball in the air. But then he's had more time to make decisions. Croyle had about .002 of a second after the snap before he has to bail out of the called play and keep from getting killed.
The one thing that is a negative for Cutler now since he's been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes is the fact that he will take longer to recover from bumps and bruises that will linger from game to game.

CoMoChief
08-23-2008, 03:15 PM

Wow.......first thing I thought of when reading this post was my avatar.

Pablo
08-23-2008, 03:16 PM
I never realized we had so many donkey douche dicks posting on this board...

vailpass
08-23-2008, 03:19 PM
Off the top of my head Minnesota.

Price wise should be Arizona. IMO

If they drafted him, it would be larger.
I did not say he the top 10 but people like you is why they never tried to develop a QB.

Most expect a QB to have a 60% winning record and a QB rating of over 90 in the first 6 games to have a chance to start. Most do not and yet people bitch if they do not.

Show me 5 QB's that started with those numbers and are still playing today.

Have to disagree with you there. Warner is 10x the QB Croyle will ever be.

manchambo
08-23-2008, 03:20 PM
C'mon everybody the season is about to get started lets just have a good ol' Donkey-pile pile-on thread.

Jay Cutler: "Nice to meet you, I mean you kinda suck but my dad says that you might be good someday ..." ROFL

I can't figure out which part of the comment about receivers is more ignorant; the one about D-Jax, because he isn't actually the #2 receiver, or the part about Brando Marshall, being that he's one of the better recievers in the league (and I'm not going to quibble whether he's top 10 or top 15, etc., except to say you'd can't seriously argue he's not a well above average starter).

vailpass
I never realized we had so many donkey douche dicks posting on this board...

That is because you are a ****ing n00b.

Quesadilla Joe
Wow.......first thing I thought of when reading this post was my avatar.

At least we root for teams whose owner wants to win.:thumb:

vailpass
08-23-2008, 03:22 PM
I can't figure out which part of the comment about receivers is more ignorant; the one about D-Jax, because he isn't actually the #2 receiver, or the part about Brando Marshall, being that he's one of the better recievers in the league (and I'm not going to quibble whether he's top 10 or top 15, etc., except to say you'd can't seriously argue he's not a well above average starter).

Ask him to list his team's starting LBs, OL, WRs, QB and DBs. Go ahead, see what he says.

Pablo
08-23-2008, 03:22 PM
That is because you are a ****ing n00b.STFU donkey cockbag.

vailpass
08-23-2008, 03:24 PM
STFU donkey cockbag.

oh yeah oh yeah ummmmm talk dirty to me n00b, call me daddy. :)

L.A. Chieffan
08-23-2008, 03:24 PM

Your opinion just isn't terribly important to me.

KCUnited
08-23-2008, 03:25 PM

Even when I don't agree with someone, I appreciate when they back their arguement up with numbers. I thought you were holding your own pretty well on Cutler and Marshall, but now your just trolling.

alanm
08-23-2008, 03:25 PM
So its just not me on the top 10 defense?

:eek:
I said possibly a top 10 D. I expect them to be top 15. But then they were last year. It all depends on Carr and Morgan and how fast they get up to speed. Surtain may lose out to Carr at some point into the season. We'll be fine at LB with Johnson and Demorrio Williams. Not so sure about Thomas at the moment. I'm pretty sure they will keep Octavian on the PS. He hasn't played MLB or didn't at Nebraska but I kinda expect them to offer him a chance to switch. The kid is fast and is good in pass coverage and against the run. We'll see

Pablo
08-23-2008, 03:26 PM
oh yeah oh yeah ummmmm talk dirty to me n00b, call me daddy. :)You're right.

I'm a n00b.

On a message board for a team I actually support. Crazy sh*t right there.

Why would I waste time posting here when I could get started on becoming a mainstay at the Mane?

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 03:28 PM
Even when I don't agree with someone, I appreciate when they back their arguement up with numbers. I thought you were holding your own pretty well on Cutler and Marshall, but now your just trolling.

I'm not trolling he called me a moron.

CoMoChief
08-23-2008, 03:31 PM

Says a fan from a team that should have gotten rid of Tranny Shanny at least 3 years ago.

The longer he stays and has his thumb in the GM role, the worse Broncos will become.

I haven't see a Broncos team this bad in God knows how long. Which is credit to John Elway, but it's clearly proven time and time again DEN hasn't done shit without him.

The sooner Shanny leaves the better. Donky fans just done know it yet. Everyone else around the league has pointed that out.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:33 PM
Have to disagree with you there. Warner is 10x the QB Croyle will ever be.

So you work in the NFL?

You know the future?

You should have stated he probably will not be.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:36 PM
I said possibly a top 10 D. I expect them to be top 15. But then they were last year. It all depends on Carr and Morgan and how fast they get up to speed. Surtain may lose out to Carr at some point into the season. We'll be fine at LB with Johnson and Demorrio Williams. Not so sure about Thomas at the moment. I'm pretty sure they will keep Octavian on the PS. He hasn't played MLB or didn't at Nebraska but I kinda expect them to offer him a chance to switch. The kid is fast and is good in pass coverage and against the run. We'll see

I agree but it is hard top imagine moving into the top ten after losing your best pass rusher and not in the top ten when we had him. IMO

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm not trolling he called me a moron.

Not on a division rivals board. Opening with 2 top 5 positions remark?

How dare they..............

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 03:41 PM
Says a fan from a team that should have gotten rid of Tranny Shanny at least 3 years ago.

The longer he stays and has his thumb in the GM role, the worse Broncos will become.

I haven't see a Broncos team this bad in God knows how long. Which is credit to John Elway, but it's clearly proven time and time again DEN hasn't done shit without him.

The sooner Shanny leaves the better. Donky fans just done know it yet. Everyone else around the league has pointed that out.

The past 3 years?

2 seasons ago we were in the AFC Championship game. We drafted a rookie QB and went 7-9.
The Colts went 3-13 the year after they started manning.
The Cowboys went 1-15 when they got Aikman
We are 9-12 with Cutler
Shanahan as kept us afloat. We are "rebuilding" and we still remain competitive.

When you lose players like Rod Smith, Trevor Pryce, Al Wilson it is hard to compete.

Shanahan has had some bad drafts. Sure. But he has also gotten... Reuben Droughns, Mike Anderson, Quentin Griffin, Olandis Gary, Tatum Bell, Clinton Portis, TD all drafted in the 5th round or lower (except for Tatum and Portis 2nd round) to 1,000 yard rushing seasons.

He also had a great draft in 06 with...
Jay Cutler in the first round
Tony Scheffler in the second round
Elvis Dumervil in the third round
Brandon Marshall in the 4th round
Chris Kuper.
All of those guys are starting for us this year and so are the 2 undrafted free agent running backs from that year.

He has had his good and his bad drafts but that 06 Draft bought him 10 years with the Denver Broncos.

CupidStunt
08-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Honest question: how am I off topic here?

The topic is Denver. Like usual, you talk about the Chiefs, or the Chiefs fans discussing the subject -- DENVER.

I'm more objective than you'll ever be. You don't need to come in here and start jibber-jabbering about the people talking about Denver. Instead, why don't you just bring some meat to the discussion and tell us all why Denver is so super. Otherwise, STFU and move along to the next thread.

At least this cutler kid backs his opinions up and doesn't worry about who he's talking football with. Even if he is delusional enough to think Brandon Marshall is a top five WR. :doh!:

CoMoChief
08-23-2008, 04:06 PM
Chris Kuper.
All of those guys are starting for us this year and so are the 2 undrafted free agent running backs from that year.

He has had his good and his bad drafts but that 06 Draft bought him 10 years with the Denver Broncos.[/QUOTE]

Just because they're starters doesn't mean they're any good.

Shanahan won't be around for 2 years if he has a season like last, which he will again and again as long as hes GM of that team.

Just about every team in this league has good FA running backs. They are not hard to find.

Brandon Marshall is not one of the better WR's in this league.

Does Darrell Jackson still play in this league?

DaFace
08-23-2008, 04:08 PM
The topic is Denver. Like usual, you talk about the Chiefs, or the Chiefs fans discussing the subject -- DENVER.

I'm more objective than you'll ever be. You don't need to come in here and start jibber-jabbering about the people talking about Denver. Instead, why don't you just bring some meat to the discussion and tell us all why Denver is so super. Otherwise, STFU and move along to the next thread.

At least this cutler kid backs his opinions up and doesn't worry about who he's talking football with. Even if he is delusional enough to think Brandon Marshall is a top five WR. :doh!:

When your team has holes, it's much easier to attack than to defend. That goes for both KC and Denver fans.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 04:11 PM
The past 3 years?

2 seasons ago we were in the AFC Championship game. We drafted a rookie QB and went 7-9.
The Colts went 3-13 the year after they started manning.
The Cowboys went 1-15 when they got Aikman
We are 9-12 with Cutler
Shanahan as kept us afloat. We are "rebuilding" and we still remain competitive.

When you lose players like Rod Smith, Trevor Pryce, Al Wilson it is hard to compete.

Shanahan has had some bad drafts. Sure. But he has also gotten... Reuben Droughns, Mike Anderson, Quentin Griffin, Olandis Gary, Tatum Bell, Clinton Portis, TD all drafted in the 5th round or lower (except for Tatum and Portis 2nd round) to 1,000 yard rushing seasons.

Chris Kuper.

He has had his good and his bad drafts but that 06 Draft bought him 10 years with the Denver Broncos.

2 years ago, hum

Had to win at home to get in the playoffs on the last game?

IIRC.

http://scosoft.com/h/i/3f64c802.gif

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 04:14 PM
2 years ago, hum

Had to win at home to get in the playoffs on the last game?

IIRC.

http://scosoft.com/h/i/3f64c802.gif

Yea your right 3 years ago we were in teh AFC Championship game. 2 years ago Al Wilson had a career ending injury and Tatum Bell fumbled our playoff chances away.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 04:21 PM

Shanahan won't be around for 2 years if he has a season like last, which he will again and again as long as hes GM of that team.

Just about every team in this league has good FA running backs. They are not hard to find.

Jay Cutler 3rd Highest QB Rating of all time for rookie and second year players.

Tony Scheffler is one of the best recieving tight ends in the game.

Elvis Dumveril had 12 sacks last year.

Brandon Marshall had more catches than any 2nd year WR in NFL history AND led the league in Yards after the catch.

Shanahan has not had back to back losing seasons in his 13 years with the Denver Broncos. We will have a winning record...

Why does Herm Edwards still have a job? How does he compare to Shanahan.

See you have to ask yourself this question. WHO ON EARTH IS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER MIKE SHANAHAN?
Why would we get rid of him? There is no coach we could sign off the streets that could do a better job than Mike Shanahan.

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 04:30 PM
See you have to ask yourself this question. WHO ON EARTH IS AN IMPROVEMENT OVER MIKE SHANAHAN?
Why would we get rid of him? There is no coach we could sign off the streets that could do a better job than Mike Shanahan.

bill cowher??????

kstater
08-23-2008, 04:30 PM

Tony Dungy
Bill Belichick
Jon Gruden
Andy Reid
Mike Tomlin
Tom Coughlin
To name a few.

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Tony Dungy
Bill Belichick
Jon Gruden
Andy Reid
Mike Tomlin
Tom Coughlin
To name a few.

sorry but he said off the streets, all these are employed

kstater
08-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Ok then.

Marty
Cowher
Random monkey

El Pendejo
08-23-2008, 04:35 PM

Out of curiosity what do you take into consideration when deciding who are the leagues better wideouts? It's clear you don't look at stats...which is fine of course...where does your reasoning come from. A magic 8 ball? (Stolen)

Yeah...Darrell Jackson is sort of still playing with the Donks.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Tony Dungy
Bill Belichick
Jon Gruden
Andy Reid
Mike Tomlin
Tom Coughlin
To name a few.

Who could we sign off the street.

Personally I would rather have Mike Shanahan than all those guys and I'm sure if we did get rid of him.... Chiefs fans around the world would be begging for him to join your team.

Bill Belicheck cheated
Jon Gruden is definitely not better than Shanahan.
Andy Reid has never won a superbowl
Mike Tomlin?? Get out of here with that crap
Tom Coughlin Get out of here with that crap.
Tony Dungy is a good coach but I think Peyton has more of an effect then he does.

Shanahan's success speaks for itself. In my mind there is nobody better in the league than him.

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 04:36 PM
Who could we sign off the street.

Personally I would rather have Mike Shanahan than all those guys and I'm sure if we did get rid of him.... Chiefs fans around the world would be begging for him to join your team.

Bill Belicheck cheated
Jon Gruden is definitely not better than Shanahan.
Andy Reid has never won a superbowl
Mike Tomlin?? Get out of here with that crap
Tom Coughlin Get out of here with that crap.
Tony Dungy is a good coach but I think Peyton has more of an effect then he does.

Shanahan's success speaks for itself. In my mind there is nobody better in the league than him.

COWHER

Quesadilla Joe
Ok then.

Marty
Cowher
Random monkey

Marty and Cowher are capable coaches. I would still rather have Shanahan. I wouldn't mind having Marty help him with the defensive side of things.

kstater
You're saying Shanahan is better than Belicheck? I think it's time you returned to the Mange.

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 04:37 PM
shanahan is an ego maniac

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 04:38 PM
You're saying Shanahan is better than Belicheck? I think it's time you returned to the Mange.

He cheated. Video taped signals. What did he do in Cleveland??? He is a great defensive coach. But Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the league right now.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 04:39 PM
shanahan is an ego maniac

So are most highly successful people.

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 04:40 PM
where was his o compared to new englands last year?

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 04:40 PM
or san diego's

kstater
08-23-2008, 04:41 PM

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 04:41 PM
payton (horseface jr) manning even though i despise the guy is a better offensive mind that shanahan

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 04:44 PM
Jay Cutler 3rd Highest QB Rating of all time for rookie and second year players.

Tony Scheffler is one of the best recieving tight ends in the game.

Elvis Dumveril had 12 sacks last year.

Brandon Marshall had more catches than any 2nd year WR in NFL history AND led the league in Yards after the catch.

Shanahan has not had back to back losing seasons in his 13 years with the Denver Broncos. We will have a winning record...

Why does Herm Edwards still have a job? How does he compare to Shanahan.

Anyone now.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 04:47 PM
payton (horseface jr) manning even though i despise the guy is a better offensive mind that shanahan

Mike Shanahan Notable Accomplishments.

* Posted the most wins in pro football history in a three-year period (46 in 1996-98).

* Won the most postseason games in history over a two-year period (seven, 1997-98).

* Been undefeated and untied for three consecutive regular seasons (1996-98) at home, just the second team ever to be undefeated and untied at home in three consecutive years.

* In 2004, he joined the exclusive club of head coaches to post 100 wins in his first 10 seasons with one club, finishing the campaign and decade tied for fourth on this ultra-impressive list of 12 coaches, six of whom are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

* Joins Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick as the only six coaches to win back-to-back Super Bowls.

* He is the second coach in history to win two Super Bowl titles in his first four years coaching a team (Shula did it first and Belichick did it later, winning two Super Bowls in his first four seasons in New England).

* Highest winning percentage in Denver history (.646).

* Shanahan is one of seven coaches in pro football history to post four wins in one postseason along with Tom Flores, Joe Gibbs, Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy and Tom Coughlin.

* Only coach with seven postseason wins in a two-year period.

* The all-time high of 636 points in a season came from the 1994 Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers, for whom Shanahan was the offensive coordinator.

* During his NFL career, Shanahan has been a part of teams that have played in 10 Conference Championship Games, in addition to his six Super Bowl appearances, five with Denver and Super Bowl XXIX with San Francisco.

From Wikipedia.

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Shanahan is the best offensive mind in the league right now.

http://scosoft.com/h/y/223f886f.gif

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 04:49 PM

* Posted the most wins in pro football history in a three-year period (46 in 1996-98).

* Won the most postseason games in history over a two-year period (seven, 1997-98).

* Been undefeated and untied for three consecutive regular seasons (1996-98) at home, just the second team ever to be undefeated and untied at home in three consecutive years.

* In 2004, he joined the exclusive club of head coaches to post 100 wins in his first 10 seasons with one club, finishing the campaign and decade tied for fourth on this ultra-impressive list of 12 coaches, six of whom are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.

* Joins Vince Lombardi, Don Shula, Chuck Noll, Jimmy Johnson and Bill Belichick as the only six coaches to win back-to-back Super Bowls.

* He is the second coach in history to win two Super Bowl titles in his first four years coaching a team (Shula did it first and Belichick did it later, winning two Super Bowls in his first four seasons in New England).

* Highest winning percentage in Denver history (.646).

* Shanahan is one of seven coaches in pro football history to post four wins in one postseason along with Tom Flores, Joe Gibbs, Brian Billick, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy and Tom Coughlin.

* Only coach with seven postseason wins in a two-year period.

* The all-time high of 636 points in a season came from the 1994 Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers, for whom Shanahan was the offensive coordinator.

* During his NFL career, Shanahan has been a part of teams that have played in 10 Conference Championship Games, in addition to his six Super Bowl appearances, five with Denver and Super Bowl XXIX with San Francisco.

From Wikipedia.

Most from the 1990's I see.

kstater
08-23-2008, 04:49 PM

These might be more useful in a circle jerk at the Mange.

BigRock
08-23-2008, 05:00 PM

1998 called, they're ready to take you back.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 05:04 PM
1998 called, they're ready to take you back.

I bet you 1966 is looking real good to you right about now.

blueballs
08-23-2008, 05:09 PM
it's gobroncos
donkey illustrated called
you're not spamming enough

kstater
08-23-2008, 05:12 PM
blueballs, you might be on to something there.

It might be BroncoLB58 pushing to get to the post count that allows him to post gay porn.

blueballs
08-23-2008, 05:13 PM
they call it home movies

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow, just when I thought this guy couldn't possibly a more ridiculous comment than Cutler and Marshall being Top 5 at their positions....

ROFL

He drops the Shanahan bomb.

ROFL

cdcox
08-23-2008, 06:03 PM
I would like to have Cutler and Marshall. They are good young players. I think Cutler is much more likely to pan out for Denver than Croyle would for us. Marshall would give us two legitimate starting WR for the first time in forever. And they would both be young.

I'm not that familiar with Dumverile, but it wouldn't take much for him to be the best pass rusher on this team.

All said though, Dungver will suck this year.

HerculesRockefell
08-23-2008, 06:16 PM

Yeah, shit receivers are 5th in the league in receptions and 6th in yardage in their 2nd seasons. I'd even concede that an argument can be made he's not a Top 10 receiver since he's only done it for one season, but to claim he's not one of the better receivers in the league is laughable. There's division rival talk, and then there's crap like this that doesn't fly in the face of reality.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 06:46 PM
where was his o compared to new englands last year?

Shanahan did not have the players Belicheck had last year. He was playing first and second year players on offense.

And our offense wasn't that bad.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL+Statistics/Team+Efficiency/2007/finaleffc.htm
Top 5 Teams in offensive Efficiency
1. New England
2. Green Bay
3. Dallas
4. Denver
5. Indy

We couldn't score touchdowns in the redzone with 3 of our best O-lineman missing 8 games or more a piece. (Nalen, Lepsis, Hamilton)

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Shanahan did not have the players Belicheck had last year. He was playing first and second year players on offense.

And our offense wasn't that bad.
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL+Statistics/Team+Efficiency/2007/finaleffc.htm
Top 5 Teams in offensive Efficiency
1. New England
2. Green Bay
3. Dallas
4. Denver
5. Indy

We couldn't score touchdowns in the redzone with 3 of our best O-lineman missing 8 games or more a piece. (Nalen, Lepsis, Hamilton)

SHANNY picked those players

Coach
08-23-2008, 08:13 PM
Here's a better idea. How about worrying about our team first before we worry about how bad or good Denver is.

Jesus, we're gonna get straight up smoked by Denver this year.

Spott
08-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Denver looks like the '85 Bears compared to us.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 08:16 PM
SHANNY picked those players

The players arent bad they were rookies. Sorry to tell ya the Patriots did not draft Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Daunte Stallworth, Junior Seau, Adalius Thomas, and Rodney Harrison.

King_Chief_Fan
08-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Here's a better idea. How about worrying about our team first before we worry about how bad or good Denver is.

Jesus, we're gonna get straight up smoked by Denver this year.

and for a little salt in the wound.....by Oakland as well.

Quesadilla Joe
08-23-2008, 08:29 PM
and for a little salt in the wound.....by Oakland as well.

I dont know... If you can stop the run you can beat them. They can't pass the ball AT ALL. They have picked off Leinert 2 or 3 times in the first Quarter and are STILL losing by 3.

Ugly Duck
08-23-2008, 08:45 PM
and for a little salt in the wound..... (smoked) by Oakland as well.

No worries, mate.... we just got shut out by Arizona in the 1st half....

Coach
08-23-2008, 08:46 PM
I dont know... If you can stop the run you can beat them. They can't pass the ball AT ALL. They have picked off Leinert 2 or 3 times in the first Quarter and are STILL losing by 3.

Personally, Oakland's D is better than the Chiefs D, IMHO.

vailpass
08-23-2008, 09:02 PM
So you work in the NFL?

You know the future?

You should have stated he probably will not be.

You are right, I assumed you would know I meant IMHO but did not specifically say so. Of course I don't know the future, Croyle could turn into a HOFer for all I know.

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 09:07 PM
The players arent bad they were rookies. Sorry to tell ya the Patriots did not draft Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Daunte Stallworth, Junior Seau, Adalius Thomas, and Rodney Harrison.

SHANNY picked the WHOLE team he makes personell moves right??

vailpass
08-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Jesus dude how many times are you going to spout this crap to me? I've been talking football on this board for a lot longet than you have been around. Is your memory so short you don't remember the last time you said this same thing? See below and please note where I talk football with you.:

Originally Posted by lj4mvp
I'm willing to talk football after a little smack. I'm a big Cutler fan, but as a completely objective football fan I see nothing but trouble for that defense. Now, do you disagree? And if so please enlighten me.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Broncos' young DL breaks out, but it's unreasonable to expectere more than that. DJ Williams was a solid WLB a few years ago, but even if we assume he's a keeper I still have a MAJOR question about the MLB position. Seriously, I am lost for words that the Broncos did nothing more than they did to upgrade this position. One of the reasons for the Broncos getting about 10 wins in the years after Elway was Al Wilson. I want the Chiefs to upgrade the MLB position quite badly because it's so important to have a Wilson-type leader on your defense; I can't imagine what Broncos fans feel. At least the honest ones. And lastly I have major questions about the safety position. As we tell the Raiders, you CAN'T build from the back forwards. I think the Broncos have done a better job than the Raiders by drafting the likes of Moss and Crowder, but they actually need to do something.

Just because I'm a Chiefs fan, and I generally root against the success of the Broncos, I'm not some sort of fool/tool. The Chiefs have no relevance to any post I make about the Broncos. Yes, they suck; and yes, they have no QB (yet). You won't see me try to say otherwise.

07-29-2008, 03:14 PM #97
vailpass
MVP
Casino cash: $4503 Quote:

IMHO D-line remains the biggest question/unsolved problem for the Broncos. Dumervil continues to impress but seems to lack the size to be more than a situational DE. Shanny has gone from the failed efforts at concentrating on over-the-hill free agents and started to grow his own through the draft.
We have yet to see how that pans out.

IMHO The LB corp is another question mark that could go either way. Williams returns to his natural position where he is a very strong player. It is said the Koutovedes would have been a starter at Mike in Seattle if he hadn't been lined up behind a pro-bowler. Who knows?
Boss Bailey doesn't need to carry the LB corps but he does need to carry his weight. Again, we'll see.

Abdulah is an NFL-caliber Safety. Lynch is old and will platoon this year. Safety is not as critical a part on the Denver D as line/LB/DB, I'm not worried about it.

Again IMHO Special Teams needs to be special this year for Denver to get to the playoffs. ST is where you win/lose 1-2 games/year and that can make all the difference.

Ceej
08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
When I see a Denver homer posting on our board, I think two things. One part of me wants to let them post, be homers, respect them and just treat them nicely.

What about the other part?

What their head would look like on a stick.

vailpass
08-23-2008, 09:18 PM
When I see a Denver homer posting on our board, I think two things. One part of me wants to let them post, be homers, respect them and just treat them nicely.

What about the other part?

What their head would look like on a stick.

It's cool to be able to talk football with a rival so long as their is mutual respect. IMHO it makes any board a lot healthier to have diverse fans in the discussion. I am aware that I am a guest here and usually try to act accordingly.
Trolls are of course a whole different ball of wax.

Ceej
08-23-2008, 09:19 PM
Nothing against you vail. You're good folk.

However, I've been watching American Psycho lately. The dialogue in that movie is quite amazing. Nothing against you, sir.

vailpass
08-23-2008, 09:27 PM
Nothing against you vail. You're good folk.

However, I've been watching American Psycho lately. The dialogue in that movie is quite amazing. Nothing against you, sir.

LMAO No no CJ, my bad, your quote flew right over my head.
I've assessed the situation now, and I'm leaving.

OctoberFart
08-23-2008, 09:41 PM
As bad as Denver looked KC is in the running for #1 pick in 2009 NFL draft.

Ugly Duck
08-23-2008, 09:56 PM
As bad as Denver looked KC is in the running for #1 pick in 2009 NFL draft.

I'm a wee bit worried about our boyz after seeing the starters muff their part of this preseason game. Jamarcus throws a pick, Arizona gets 3 on the board. We miss a chip shot (OK - it wasn't Kowski). We hold Leinart to 26 yards passing & 3 picks, Jamarcus throws for 140.... & we get zip.

Then the Arizona scrubs unload on our scrubs 21 to zip. I'm not encouraged by all that....

OctoberFart
08-23-2008, 10:11 PM
I'm a wee bit worried about our boyz after seeing the starters muff their part of this preseason game. Jamarcus throws a pick, Arizona gets 3 on the board. We miss a chip shot (OK - it wasn't Kowski). We hold Leinart to 26 yards passing & 3 picks, Jamarcus throws for 140.... & we get zip.

Then the Arizona scrubs unload on our scrubs 21 to zip. I'm not encouraged by all that....

They didn't look good but I don't expect much from a team that has Kwame Harris(might be worst OT starting in the league) and Gallery on the OL starting.

Coach
08-23-2008, 10:20 PM
They didn't look good but I don't expect much from a team that has Kwame Harris(might be worst OT starting in the league) and Gallery on the OL starting.

I raise your Kwame Harris was Damon McIntosh.

OctoberFart
08-23-2008, 10:23 PM
I raise your Kwame Harris was Damon McIntosh.

I'm calling your bluff. GOQUEER was sure pimping McIntosh when KC first signed him.

Coach
08-23-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm calling your bluff. GOQUEER was sure pimping McIntosh when KC first signed him.

You're fully aware that Mr GoChiefs haven't played a down of organized football, correct?

Journalism don't mean anything. Like the Teicher article which claims that Savage may have costed his job becuase of the mistake that he stepped out of bounds at the 2, yet doesn't blast Sams for fumbling the ball, even though it was wiped out by the Dolphin penalty, and I should also point out after the fumble, Sams was yanked and who replaced him?

*gasp*

It's Savage that replaced him, and he held on the ball, and actually made some positive yardage.

Ugly Duck
08-23-2008, 10:43 PM

You don't like Gallery at guard? He's playing damn good there IMO....

TEX
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
True, the Cheating Donx do look like crap, but we look much worse.

ohiobronco2
08-23-2008, 11:18 PM
I still don't get how people don't see that Jay Cutler has all of the tools to be an all pro QB. Jay's health is the only thing which could hold him back. Not like this is saying much, but he was far superior to any AFC West QB last year, in my opinion. Had a much better QB rating than Rivers, despite a large gap in overall talent on that side of the FB. Denver had a rough year last year. Injuries to Nalen, Hamilton, Walker, Henry, Scheffler affected offensive chemistry. We know about the deaths of Williams and Nash which had an overall affect on the team. I predict 9-7. The Oline has to remain healthy for us to sniff that record however. I doubt that Nalen is far superior to Wiegmann, so I don't think that there will be a major drop off there, I do expect Clady to play better than Lepsis did last year. Hamilton is healthy which is a plus. We have a FB in Hillis that can block and rush the football. We don't seem to need top tier RB's, but if we had one, we could be special. Marshall has all of the physical tools (lacks the mental capacity at times) to be an elite WR, from a FF perspective, he does have top 5 potential. The D will still suck.

manchambo
08-24-2008, 02:46 PM
In all honesty, I don't think either team is going to be good this year. The Broncos may be a little better, but what do you get for winning 7 games instead of 5? A worse draft pick.

I do think, however, that Denver has a lot more good young pieces in place, and therefore is on track to get a lot better. I don't see that in the Chiefs. They would really need something unexpected happening (namely, Croyle turning into a stud) to turn into something special. Not that it's guaranteed, of course, that Cutler will turn into a pro-bowler, but any objective person (like the scouts talking about Cutler in the earlier post) would have to say the odds are better with Cutler.

ohiobronco2
08-24-2008, 05:27 PM
In all honesty, I don't think either team is going to be good this year. The Broncos may be a little better, but what do you get for winning 7 games instead of 5? A worse draft pick.

I do think, however, that Denver has a lot more good young pieces in place, and therefore is on track to get a lot better. I don't see that in the Chiefs. They would really need something unexpected happening (namely, Croyle turning into a stud) to turn into something special. Not that it's guaranteed, of course, that Cutler will turn into a pro-bowler, but any objective person (like the scouts talking about Cutler in the earlier post) would have to say the odds are better with Cutler.

I wouldn't say that is exactly true. You guys have a star in the making at WR in Bowe. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm sure as you know already, your QB situation isn't the best. The fact that Bowe put up those numbers as a rookie last year, under those circumstances was pretty impressive. You guys just had a draft that many people were raving about. Give Dorsey and Albert some time. I thought the Cottam, Flowers and Charles picks were also very solid. Hopefully the rookies will play a lot and give you guys optimism for the future.

Quesadilla Joe
09-08-2008, 11:48 PM
Cutler a Top 5 QB?

ROFLROFLROFL

ROFLROFLROFLROFL

Oh Snap
09-09-2008, 01:37 AM

McIntosh was nothing more than a band aid solution...The day we cut his fatass is the day this team takes a positive step forward!

vailpass
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
With the perspective of Week 1 there is some real genius showing through on this thread. OTOH it is only Week 1, there are 15 more to go.

Quesadilla Joe
09-15-2008, 07:32 AM

LMAOLMAOLMAO

Rain Man
09-15-2008, 07:34 AM
To all you Broncos fans, I know we're mortal enemies and all, but we need your help. We need you to help us break free of the Carl/Herm dictatorship. We may have our differences, but we're all human beings, and what is happening in Kansas City is simply inhumane. You have a moral obligation to help get them fired.

Please.

We're begging you.

vailpass
09-15-2008, 07:51 AM
To all you Broncos fans, I know we're mortal enemies and all, but we need your help. We need you to help us break free of the Carl/Herm dictatorship. We may have our differences, but we're all human beings, and what is happening in Kansas City is simply inhumane. You have a moral obligation to help get them fired.

Please.

We're begging you.

We'd love to help but you have to help yourselves. In a couple weeks your team will rise up and play their best game of the year against Denver, giving just enough glimmer of hope that Hot Carl and Hermaphrodite will live another year.

Garcia Bronco
09-15-2008, 07:53 AM

Please.

We're begging you.

LOL

Sure-Oz
09-15-2008, 07:58 AM
i expect 60 hung on us by the donks, probably with marshall having 27 catches for 310 yards...

last year i went to the 41-whatever thumping of the chiefs at invesco (nice stadium) had a great time even tho it sucked losing, but the fans were pretty cool to us

Kaylore
09-15-2008, 08:06 AM
The good news is when we play you guys our ST and defense is good for three touchdowns. We'll make your offense look normal! The game might even be exciting!

Seriously though, Carl and Herm are full of fail. I don't understand why Bowe is having a Sophomore slump but I can assure you he will bounce back. He's too good. You need help on the offensive line and at QB. You also need help in rushing the passer. You fix those things and it will look like a different team.

The title of this thread is funny, though. lol

King_Chief_Fan
09-15-2008, 08:12 AM
The good news is when we play you guys our ST and defense is good for three touchdowns. We'll make your offense look normal! The game might even be exciting!

Seriously though, Carl and Herm are full of fail. I don't understand why Bowe is having a Sophomore slump but I can assure you he will bounce back. He's too good. You need help on the offensive line and at QB. You also need help in rushing the passer. You fix those things and it will look like a different team.

The title of this thread is funny, though. lol
truest words from a donkey fan...Kaylore, you are on the money.

Freekofnature
09-22-2008, 01:17 AM

It really doesn't sound so dumb right now.

OctoberFart
09-22-2008, 01:25 AM

Wow, this might be the worst display of football knowledge all year outside of GOQUEER's.

Moobs
09-22-2008, 01:36 AM
wat

Denver 7-9
Chiefs 5-11

You're going to do better than us...but big *****in deal.

ROFL

Denver's record won't even be good enough if they were in the NFC...

Cutler a Top 5 QB?

Marshall a Top 5 WR?

ROFLROFLROFL

Denver will not stay within two TDs of the Chargers. The Eggos are just far too physical for a soft team such as the Broncos.

Ultra Peanut
09-22-2008, 02:33 AM
GOD DAMN YOU

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-22-2008, 03:26 AM
If only Brady was healthy to play against that Denver _efense.

L.A. Chieffan
09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Told you.

Donko losers can't even beat US. Queerbagels.

Bowser
09-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Wow, this might be the worst display of football knowledge all year outside of GOQUEER's.

Ahahaha!!

L.A. Chieffan
09-28-2008, 03:35 PM
Shanarat 3-11 career at Arrowhead. Genius.

CupidStunt
03-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Denver is becoming the Chiefs of the Vermeil era. The offense is really looking potent, although a legit RB would put them over the top. But the defense looks worse every time I see it. Absolute abortion of a front seven.

The question is which team are they -- the 2003 edition with a defense that gives up yards and points but makes some key plays, or perhaps the 2004 edition which stopped teams fewer times than it scored on them?

Based on what I've seen they're an 8-8 team with a dynamite QB and a dominant WR, albeit a knucklehead. They don't have the backfield or WR depth to completely dominate on offense every single game which would overcome a terrible defense. Oh, they'll gain some yards on the ground, but a lot of cheap shit that amounts to nothing, just like last year. They really need a Clinton Portis type who can actually find the endzone and draw a defender's attention to the RB, not just staying on staying on their feet.

Heh.