SPATCH
08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
neat

TrickyNicky
08-23-2008, 06:57 PM
WE sHOULDA SINED PENINTON. HEZ AWESOM

King_Chief_Fan
08-23-2008, 06:57 PM
You croyle disciples should be feeling kind of foolish by now.

KC_Connection
08-23-2008, 07:19 PM
Duh.

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 07:39 PM
So bench Croyle before he's even had a chance with a decent O-line, and play Huard who we already know sucks and wont be here another year? Great plan. As much as I hate Herm Im glad he's making the decisions and not you.

cardken
08-23-2008, 07:47 PM
So bench Croyle before he's even had a chance with a decent O-line, and play Huard who we already know sucks and wont be here another year? Great plan. As much as I hate Herm Im glad he's making the decisions and not you.

Frustration has already set it. accept the year is over. Enjoy the Croyle show and as we melts down he plays himself out of a job and draft another QB I like it.

blueballs
08-23-2008, 07:48 PM
Doesn't mean he can't learn

MTG#10
08-23-2008, 07:55 PM
Frustration has already set it. accept the year is over. Enjoy the Croyle show and as we melts down he plays himself out of a job and draft another QB I like it.

It would be better than watching Huard and his fetal position move every other play.

Coach
08-23-2008, 07:56 PM
It would be better than watching Huard and his fetal position move every other play.

Exactly. Nobody's gonna buy tickets to watch Damon Huard.

cardken
08-23-2008, 07:57 PM

I concure

Smed1065
08-23-2008, 07:59 PM
You croyle disciples should be feeling kind of foolish by now.

Yes, giving him the benefit after 6 starts,.

Brain washed much?

King_Chief_Fan
08-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes, giving him the benefit after 6 starts,.

Brain washed much?
Doesn't take me as long as you to figure out he doesn't have it.

ArrowheadHawk
08-23-2008, 08:18 PM
Let Croyle start all season and then talk smack.

King_Chief_Fan
08-23-2008, 08:21 PM

don't know if I can talk it that long

Mecca
08-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Even if someone says Croyle sucks monkey cock that doesn't mean they want Huard to start either...

Coach
08-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Even if someone says Croyle sucks monkey cock that doesn't mean they want Huard to start either...

Huard was worse than Croyle, it's no contest.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 09:09 PM

We're gonna have to draft a QB with a top 5 pick that's just how it looks at this point.

chiefs1111
08-23-2008, 09:13 PM

I just don't see Croyle lasting all season... The way our O-line looks and the fact that he's so fragile.

chiefs1111
08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
We're gonna have to draft a QB with a top 5 pick that's just how it looks at this point.

This years class of QB's doesn't look very good either. Of course we don't know what juniors will come out yet though so I guess we will see.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 09:15 PM
This years class of QB's doesn't look very good either. Of course we don't know what juniors will come out yet though so I guess we will see.

You're probably looking at 4 guys with 1st round grades in next years draft.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Matt Stafford is prolly gonna be the best pro prospect

KC_Connection
08-23-2008, 09:20 PM

They seemed to suck pretty equally to me.

Coach
08-23-2008, 09:21 PM
Ahh yes, the old fashioned let's get a top pick Qb and ignore the O-Line problem.

News flash, we tried that the last 3 years, the picking a QB in the NFL Draft (Croyle, 3rd rounder) and ignoring the O-Line situation except for this year, but it's no good if your players getting injured.

Epic Fail.

kc1977
08-23-2008, 09:50 PM
Croyle Sux.

What's pathetic is that it has taken so many people so long to figure this out...and that some people apparently still think he is the future.

Rebuilding years are supposed to be years to build with people who will be the future of this team. Croyle is not the future of the team. This isn't a rebuilding year - this is a wasted year.

Coach
08-23-2008, 09:53 PM
What's pathetic is that it has taken so many people so long to figure this out...and that some people apparently still think he is the future.

Rebuilding years are supposed to be years to build with people who will be the future of this team. Croyle is not the future of the team. This isn't a rebuilding year - this is a wasted year.

No. Last year was a wasted year with Damon Huard starting, and when the coaches finally saw the writing on the wall that Damon Huard is terrible, not to mention that he had a mysterious "injury" that he faked (Technically speaking, he quit on the team) where the coaches finally decided to get Croyle in.

Even that, six measly games, with a piss-poor O-line, and no healthy LJ = you're not gonna win any football games.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 09:56 PM

Wow, you've figured that out after 6 starts?

You should send your resume out to all 32 teams. Surely they'd make room for a talent evaluating genius like you.

I don't think ANYONE is saying that Croyle is absolutely the future. There are simply people that have enough common sense to know you don't judge a QB in 6 starts.

Yet, there are a shit-ton of people that claim that they absolutely, positively KNOW he's not the future.

Interesting.

blueballs
08-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Croyle will get injured
Huard will just sputter out
Thigpen will suck then hello mr coldpecker

kc1977
08-23-2008, 10:02 PM

You should send your resume out to all 32 teams. Surely they'd make room for a talent evaluating genius like you.

I don't think ANYONE is saying that Croyle is absolutely the future. There are simply people that have enough common sense to know you don't judge a QB in 6 starts.

Yet, there are a shit-ton of people that claim that they absolutely, positively KNOW he's not the future.

Interesting.

I assume you are a Herm Edwards supporter too, right?
Please realize that the two are linked together. If Croyle has success, Herm is going nowhere. Herm has hitched his future in KC to Croyle. Croyle succeeds, Herm succeeds. The relevant measure of success at this point inside Arrowhead Stadium is whether Herm can develop a successful QB. If he can, Herm will be around for a while. He won't, so he'll be gone at the end of next year. I imagine Carl will finagle one more year for Herm, even as Brodie sucks it up again this year. That'll be 3, count 'em, 1, 2, 3, wasted years for this organization.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 10:03 PM
I assume you are a Herm Edwards supporter too, right?
Please realize that the two are linked together. If Croyle has success, Herm is going nowhere. Herm has hitched his future in KC to Croyle. Croyle succeeds, Herm succeeds. The relevant measure of success at this point inside Arrowhead Stadium is whether Herm can develop a successful QB. If he can, Herm will be around for a while. He won't, so he'll be gone at the end of next year. I imagine Carl will finagle one more year for Herm, even as Brodie sucks it up again this year. That'll be 3, count 'em, 1, 2, 3, wasted years for this organization.

Actually, no - and WTF does this have to do with your expert talent evaluating skills?

Oh, that's right.

Nothing.

TEX
08-23-2008, 10:32 PM

Yep. But if everyone FINALLY realizes how bad Croyle BLOWS and they shit can his ass, along with Herm and Carl, then it won't be totally wasted.

Coach
08-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Yep. But if everyone FINALLY realizes how bad Croyle BLOWS and they shit can that turd, along with Herm and Carl, then it won't be totally wasted.

Look, if Croyle does suck, I have no problem admitting that he does. However, let's at least give the guy a chance to play out this season before making that determination, mmkay?

Besides, I'd rather have Croyle there instead of Damon Huard. I think the general population would agree to that assessment, regardless of suckage.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Look, if Croyle does suck, I have no problem admitting that he does. However, let's at least give the guy a chance to play out this season before making that determination, mmkay?

No can do.

All these player-personnel experts have already determined he sucks.

After SIX starts.

Coach
08-23-2008, 10:36 PM
No can do.

All these player-personnel experts have already determined he sucks.

After SIX starts.

Not to mention that he doesn't have an O-line that can't block my grandmother.

ChiefsCountry
08-23-2008, 10:37 PM
It takes about 24 starts to determine about a quarterback, I wish people would give the time.

Mecca
08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
He has this season.....my personal opinion though is if they are horrendous as in #1 pick bad or he gets injured again I don't know how you can run him back out there next year.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Not to mention that he doesn't have an O-line that can't block my grandmother.

What?

That's his fault too.

And when he DOES get time to throw, and the WR runs the wrong route, or drops the pass?

That's his fault too.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 10:39 PM
It takes about 24 starts to determine about a quarterback, I wish people would give the time.

Nah, 25% of that should be MORE than enough...

:rolleyes:

kc1977
08-23-2008, 10:40 PM
He has this season.....my personal opinion though is if they are horrendous as in #1 pick bad or he gets injured again I don't know how you can run him back out there next year.

Well...that'll only be 22 starts under his belt, which is clearly not yet enough to determine that this guy sucks.

TEX
08-23-2008, 10:41 PM

Besides, I'd rather have Croyle there instead of Damon Huard. I think the general population would agree to that assessment, regardless of suckage.

Coach - you can take all the time you need. However, I know a shit QB when I see one and IMO Croyle is one. I agree with you about playing him over Huard though.

Mecca
What?

That's his fault too.

And when he DOES get time to throw, and the WR runs the wrong route, or drops the pass?

That's his fault too.

So does that mean he should get a free pass till all these other players are great?

I just don't understand that argument it lends itself to give a guy a free pass...I understand you probably don't mean it that way but when you start saying "well these guys suck too" it's almost implies that Croyle shouldn't be judged at all until all these other guys are better so what's he get then 8 years?

ChiefsCountry

And if he stays healthy (knock on wood) that would be 22 starts for him which would be about right for an elvauation.

blueballs
So for 24 starts the only talk about Croyle
will be the good plays he makes
Nick Athan is giddy

Mecca
08-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Well...that'll only be 22 starts under his belt, which is clearly not yet enough to determine that this guy sucks.

I think in 6 I've already determined the guy will never make it through a full season which is a giant problem.

OnTheWarpath15
08-23-2008, 10:44 PM
So does that mean he should get a free pass till all these other players are great?

I just don't understand that argument it lends itself to give a guy a free pass...I understand you probably don't mean it that way but when you start saying "well these guys suck too" it's almost implies that Croyle shouldn't be judged at all until all these other guys are better so what's he get then 8 years?

No one is giving him a free pass, and no one is waiting until those other players are "great".

But they should at least be more than a 300+ pounder with a pulse.

He's already show more positives this PS than all of last year.

He'll get this year, and MAYBE half of next year while they get the new guy ready.

But people expecting something great out of him NOW, with 6 career starts under his belt, playing behind the worst OL in the NFL, is ****ing retarded.

SAUTO
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
No one is giving him a free pass, and no one is waiting until those other players are "great".

But they should at least be more than a 300+ pounder with a pulse.

He's already show more positives this PS than all of last year.

He'll get this year, and MAYBE half of next year while they get the new guy ready.

But people expecting something great out of him NOW, with 6 career starts under his belt, playing behind the worst OL in the NFL, is ****ing retarded.

agreed oh sorry AGREED

kcfanXIII
08-23-2008, 10:50 PM

last year was the wasted year. its because huard started the season last year, we're stuck with croyle through this season. gotta see what he's got. i don't care what you say, no body has seen enough to make a final evaluation on brodie croyle.

DTchiefs58
08-23-2008, 11:47 PM
last year was the wasted year. its because huard started the season last year, we're stuck with croyle through this season. gotta see what he's got. i don't care what you say, no body has seen enough to make a final evaluation on brodie croyle.

Ive seen enough he doesnt look any better then last yr. All he wants to do is pitter patter in the pocket lock on to a reciever or just dump it down to Kris Wilson i mean our hb.

kcfanXIII
08-24-2008, 12:00 AM
Ive seen enough he doesnt look any better then last yr. All he wants to do is pitter patter in the pocket lock on to a reciever or just dump it down to Kris Wilson i mean our hb.

that may end up being true, but in the real world of the nfl, he'll get a chance to correct his mistakes. will he? NOBODY knows. thats my point. i don't think he'll be our qb in 2 seasons. i think we suck bawls enough this year we could be looking top 3 draft pick. with that, i think our qbotf is chosen. just how i see things panning out, and since i have already written this season off i've got no problem "wasting" this season to see if croyle can improve.

Tiger's Fan
08-24-2008, 12:03 AM
Whats the alternative? Nothing on our roster. Nothing in FA. Nothing in the draft that high, Matt Ryan included. Next years prospects nothing great either. Stafford?

Pablo
08-24-2008, 12:13 AM
F*cking news flash...our entire team "sux"...

I know it must have been difficult to type the extra "cks", and a "x" was much more sufficient.

And yes, Croyle looked terrible. Our defense looked terrible, our special teams looked like garbage. There wasn't a whole lot to like about the "team" we trotted out there against the Fish. Thankfully, you've decided to provide us with such remarkable insight, like "Croyle sux". Thank God you're keeping us all up to date.

cardken
08-24-2008, 07:40 AM

Interesting.
Typical Chiefs Fan, Hope springs eternal. "Wait be Patient" we have for 38 years.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Typical Chiefs Fan, Hope springs eternal. "Wait be Patient" we have for 38 years.

If it's that bad for you you probably should consider another team.

If all you got is a bitch, do you really have anything?

cardken
08-24-2008, 08:03 AM
If it's that bad for you you probably should consider another team.

If all you got is a bitch, do you really have anything?

Croyle Fan. Have a nice season. Hey, maybe we should waste another year or two on a failed project, Shades of Blackledge, at least he went 4-4 in her first eight starts, 3-3 in next season and 5-3 in his last here, when Croyle can't carry Blackledges' jock? With a 17th rank offense and 15th Defense in 84. 18th rank on both sides in 85. And 12 Off and 13 Def in 86. Last years we were the 31Off and 14th Def. Why were we 31st ranked? That tends to happen when you lose 6 games straight. And Imagine like a lot of Other fans have the right to complain all I want, and to anyone I want, I've put in the years 38 of them, You? Season tickets for over 30 years, You? Excuse me if I won't join you in drinking the Croyle/Edward Kool-Aid.:grr:

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Croyle Fan. Have a nice season. Hey, maybe we should waste another year or two on a failed project, Shades of Blackledge, at least he went 4-4 in her first eight starts, 3-3 in next season and 5-3 in his last here, when Croyle can't carry Blackledges' jock? With a 17th rank offense and 15th Defense in 84. 18th rank on both sides in 85. And 12 Off and 13 Def in 86. Last years we were the 31Off and 14th Def. Why were we 31st ranked? That tends to happen when you lose 6 games straight. And Imagine like a lot of Other fans have the right to complain all I want, and to anyone I want, I've put in the years 38 of them, You? Season tickets for over 30 years, You? Excuse me if I won't join you in drinking the Croyle/Edward Kool-Aid.:grr:I loathe retarded fans such as yourself. This team has issues EVERYWHERE. Its a rebuild. It cannot be done in one season. BC should get this entire season. This team would still suck if Peyton were under center.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 08:14 AM
You croyle disciples should be feeling kind of foolish by now.:spock:

cardken
08-24-2008, 08:15 AM
I loathe retarded fans such as yourself. This team has issues EVERYWHERE. Its a rebuild. It cannot be done in one season. BC should get this entire season. This team would still suck if Peyton were under center.

BC will get this entire season, injuries not withstanding. Hopefully doing so poorly he plays him self out of a job and we start again. More Kool-Aid?

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 08:16 AM
I loathe retarded fans such as yourself. This team has issues EVERYWHERE. Its a rebuild. It cannot be done in one season. BC should get this entire season. This team would still suck if Peyton were under center.

the guy sounds like hes been here a long time you gotta respect that.the 80's were bad for wins and losses and anyone who kept season tix through that has to be commended

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 08:16 AM
We're gonna have to draft a QB with a top 5 pick that's just how it looks at this point.I'd agree, but who? Is there any QB you think worth a top 5 pick next draft?

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 08:17 AM
Hopefully doing so poorly he plays him self out of a job and we start again. More Kool-Aid?Oh, so you want him to fail? Did he bang your girlfriend?

cardken
08-24-2008, 08:20 AM
the guy sounds like hes been here a long time you gotta respect that.the 80's were bad for wins and losses and anyone who kept season tix through that has to be commended
Thanx for the support.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 08:22 AM

Rebuilding years are supposed to be years to build with people who will be the future of this team. Croyle is not the future of the team. This isn't a rebuilding year - this is a wasted year.Thanks, God...:rolleyes:

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 08:22 AM
hey i was a fan throughout the 80's i KNOW what it was like. most of the guys on this board werent. they only know the winning and bitch about that. SAD

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 08:24 AM
He has this season.....my personal opinion though is if they are horrendous as in #1 pick bad or he gets injured again I don't know how you can run him back out there next year.I agree, 100%

cardken
08-24-2008, 08:26 AM
hey i was a fan throughout the 80's i KNOW what it was like. most of the guys on this board werent. they only know the winning and bitch about that. SAD

So true. If the Team continues to preform in the manner in which they did in the 70's and early 80's, they will once again tell you not to put your game tickets in the window of your Car, as someone would break in and leave you two more.ROFL

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 08:27 AM
ROFL these guys are in for a rude awakening if it gets that bad. the planet will need to be put on suicide watch. these guys cry about WINS

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 08:28 AM
Coach - you can take all the time you need. However, I know a shit QB when I see one and IMO Croyle is one. I agree with you about playing him over Huard though.Awesome. Which NFL team do you scout for?

cardken
08-24-2008, 08:33 AM
Oh, so you want him to fail? Did he bang your girlfriend?
I'm not hoping he fails, thats already happened, (0-6) waiting for the enc:thumb:ore. And no it was'nt my GF but my wife, he can have her.:)

kcfanXIII
08-24-2008, 09:00 AM
BC will get this entire season, injuries not withstanding. Hopefully doing so poorly he plays him self out of a job and we start again. More Kool-Aid?

you spending money on season tickets sounds like you're drinking more kool-aid then myself. i just don't see any reason to get all worked up. i'll try to explain again using simple words:

THE CHIEFS WILL SUCK THIS YEAR.

no matter who the qb is. they are committed to youth, struggles will ensue. i'm sorry it doesn't fit into your ideas of what rebuilding should be. i'm sorry not every player they trot on the field is going to be a hit. suck it up, and deal with it.

btw, i'm not a croyle/herm/carl fan. i don't like any of them, but i'd much rather see what croyle has then to see huard spend half the season checking down, wondering what we got on the bench. you my friend are in for a long season if you're already bitching.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 09:11 AM
I'm not hoping he fails, thats already happened, (0-6)Are you nuts? 6 games is enough to determine that? Plus, no LJ. Shitty line. Stop being a football fan, you suck at it.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Are you nuts? 6 games is enough to determine that? Plus, no LJ. Shitty line. Stop being a football fan, you suck at it.

wow 0-6 isnt failure?? if you dont win thats a failure

cardken
08-24-2008, 09:16 AM
Are you nuts? 6 games is enough to determine that? Plus, no LJ. Shitty line. Stop being a football fan, you suck at it.
More Kool Aid?

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:17 AM
BCD keep being an asshole you're GREAT at it

FringeNC
08-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Gailey is one of the few competent [but no superstar] individuals in the whole organization. If at the end of the year, Croyle has a horrid yards per attempt [the stat that REALLY matters], then I'll agree he sucks. Until then, I am withholding judgment.

The one thing I am afraid of is that we really don't try to develop him, but play not-to-lose football. I could care less if he throws a lot of INTs. What I don't want to see is us not even trying to win. If you are attempting to rebuild, and don't even try to develop your players...Herm/Gailey should be immediately fired.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Gailey is one of the few competent [but no superstar] individuals in the whole organization. If at the end of the year, Croyle has a horrid yards per attempt [the stat that REALLY matters], then I'll agree he sucks. Until then, I am withholding judgment.

The one thing I am afraid of is that we really don't try to develop him, but play not-to-lose football. I could care less if he throws a lot of INTs. What I don't want to see is us not even trying to win. If you are attempting to rebuild, and don't even try to develop your players...Herm/Gailey should be immediately fired.I'm hoping BC throws 30-35 passes a game.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:31 AM
I'm hoping BC throws 30-35 passes a game.

i hope for this also that way we know what we've got this year

picasso
08-24-2008, 09:54 AM
No. Last year was a wasted year with Damon Huard starting, and when the coaches finally saw the writing on the wall that Damon Huard is terrible, not to mention that he had a mysterious "injury" that he faked (Technically speaking, he quit on the team) where the coaches finally decided to get Croyle in.

Even that, six measly games, with a piss-poor O-line, and no healthy LJ = you're not gonna win any football games.

Um..Huard had our 4 wins last year and was over 50% with a trash line and suck ass run game. Newsflash - tiptoe to the line LJ sucked all of last year! Plus Huard was hurt. Tell me again what did Croyle do for us last year? What has he shown this year that Thigpen couldn't accomplish? Damon Huard is a back up, everyone agrees there but to say that he was terrible or that he quit the team then you are a f*ckin moron.
Just maybe dur..durrr..da...durr Croyle wasn't smart enough to be the starter. Bullet arm but dumb as a Bono. Personally Croyle reminds me of simple Jack from Tropic Thunder.

Cheers

RibKing67
08-24-2008, 10:04 AM
I am with BCD. It is far to early to throw Brodie out with the bathwater. Last night I saw him make some throws that were better than good. He also made the decision to throw the ball away better than he ever has before. The fumble I do not give him the blame for that was an inability on LJ to make the block on the linebacker. The INT was a prayer of a pass anyway at the end of the half. The starting feild position was not in his favor and the running game never took off. This along with holes in the line and good coverage on the wide outs does not allow for a QB to shine. Anyone ever heard of a virtue called patience? Yea did not think so.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2008, 10:18 AM
Can we let him play the season first before declaring that he sucks...If Brodie shows no improvement and plays horrible all year, there will not be many people left on his bandwagon. For ****s sake let him have a full season first. I am sure you same people who say Brodie can't play in the league thought that Trent was a joke and would never amount to anything as a Chief his first year as a starter for the team.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:19 AM
people thought trent was a joke?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2008, 10:20 AM

How do you think he earned the nickname TrINT??

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:20 AM
no i meant when we traded for him

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2008, 10:22 AM
no i meant when we traded for him

Don't know about that, but Trent took major heat his 1st year starter here and people were SURE that he was garbage. Much like people are SURE that Croyle is garbage now.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 10:23 AM

Shit.

He was almost booed out of town his first season here.

Then the fanbase does their best Sybill impression, and anoints him as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Amazing, ain't it?

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:27 AM
i knew all that just thought the quote was about when we traded for him

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2008, 12:11 PM

took much less than that for Cutler, Sullivan, Anderson, Edwards.....

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 12:14 PM
cutler hasnt proven ANYTHING osullivan hasnt started a game anderson might be a one year wonder, and how long did those two ride the pine?

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
took much less than that for Cutler, Sullivan, Anderson, Edwards.....

Wow.

Talk about 4 QB's who haven't proven a THING yet.

This is Cutler's year to either step up, or stay average. He's hasn't shown anything to prove he's worth the high R1 pick that was used on him.

O'Sullivan? Hasn't even started a game yet.

Edwards? His stats aren't much better than Croyle's.

Anderson? What he HAS shown thus far means nothing if he can't follow up on it this year, and the year after.

Pablo
08-24-2008, 12:22 PM
Don't argue with King Chief Fan...he's done his homework.

These four guys have shown they have "it". Croyle is a bust. O' Sullivan is a f*cking sure thing. An out of the park HR fo shizzle. Thanks for keeping the rest of us schmucks in the know KCF, we'd be lost without your powerful insight.

Sure-Oz
08-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Croyle better start every game this year, i want to know wtf we have with this guy. Hopefully Albert will give us a huge boost come reg. season

Bearcat
08-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Wow.

Talk about 4 QB's who haven't proven a THING yet.

This is Cutler's year to either step up, or stay average. He's hasn't shown anything to prove he's worth the high R1 pick that was used on him.

O'Sullivan? Hasn't even started a game yet.

Edwards? His stats aren't much better than Croyle's.

Anderson? What he HAS shown thus far means nothing if he can't follow up on it this year, and the year after.

Yep... Cutler and Anderson also had top-10 rushing games to work with, too.

Edwards? Really? O'Sullivan... LMAO

Pablo
08-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Croyle better start every game this year, i want to know wtf we have with this guy. Hopefully Albert will give us a huge boost come reg. seasonWhy dude? He's had his 6 regular season starts to show us what he's all about...that f*cking fair.

We should really be working on a trade with SF for O'Sullivan.

After all, KCF has declared him an NFL success, so I'll all about trading away our 1st's in '09 and '10 for the guy.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 12:27 PM
not o sullivan he said sullivan:shake: shows how much he knows right off

Sure-Oz
08-24-2008, 12:28 PM
Why dude? He's had his 6 regular season starts to show us what he's all about...that f*cking fair.

We should really be working on a trade with SF for O'Sullivan.

After all, KCF has declared him an NFL success, so I'll all about trading away our 1st's in '09 and '10 for the guy.

O'Sullivan is this years Kurt Warner....Martz + O'Sullivan=Championship

Pablo
08-24-2008, 12:34 PM
KCF hasn't bothered to chime in again...probably busy scouting for numerous NFL franchises.

I understand, when you're evaluating talent on J.T. O'Sullivan's level, a football message board has to come second.

ChiefsLV
08-24-2008, 12:41 PM
Ahh yes, the old fashioned let's get a top pick Qb and ignore the O-Line problem.

Epic Fail.

The Niners did it with Alex Smith and it's worked wonders for them.

teedubya
08-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Croyle Sux, but he needs teh Bux.

J Diddy
08-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Croyle Fan. Have a nice season. Hey, maybe we should waste another year or two on a failed project, Shades of Blackledge, at least he went 4-4 in her first eight starts, 3-3 in next season and 5-3 in his last here, when Croyle can't carry Blackledges' jock? With a 17th rank offense and 15th Defense in 84. 18th rank on both sides in 85. And 12 Off and 13 Def in 86. Last years we were the 31Off and 14th Def. Why were we 31st ranked? That tends to happen when you lose 6 games straight. And Imagine like a lot of Other fans have the right to complain all I want, and to anyone I want, I've put in the years 38 of them, You? Season tickets for over 30 years, You? Excuse me if I won't join you in drinking the Croyle/Edward Kool-Aid.:grr:

FWIW, I'm not a Croyle fan. I'm a Chiefs fan. He happens to be the starting Quarterback. I feel he hasn't been given enough time/talent around him to be successful. I prefer to give the man an opportunity with some young talent surrounding him to see if he sucks.
A couple of preseason games and the abortion that was last year doesn't really tell me anything.
Never had season tickets, hell I'm only 34 years old. You got me beat. Where I got you beat is I actually enjoy watching the games and get satisfaction from it. I know there will be good years and bad years, that's the nature of sports.
Everybody (except maybe you) wanted a youth movement, us to draft and develop our own quarterback, and us to blow up the old roster.

I would go so far to bet that you were one of those people. Now with the advantage of hindsight it's the wrong move. Good call.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Trent Edwards and JT O'Sullivan are "proven" ROFLROFL Oh, man and we are supposed to take these so called "gurus" evaluations on Croyle seriously. The only difference between those 2 guys are that they AREN'T on the Chiefs. If they were they'd be getting slammed as much as Brodie by these top QB internet scouts.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 01:36 PM
There are Brodie haters and Brodie lovers
then there are those of us on the fence
he hasn't shown us anything either way -that doesn't all fall on the 0-line

blueballs
08-24-2008, 01:38 PM
me thinks some protest too much
on both sides

Dave Lane
08-24-2008, 01:43 PM

The one thing I am afraid of is that we really don't try to develop him, but play not-to-lose football. I could care less if he throws a lot of INTs. What I don't want to see is us not even trying to win. If you are attempting to rebuild, and don't even try to develop your players...Herm/Gailey should be immediately fired.

Totally agree. We are stuck with Croyle thanks to Herm / Carl. We have no choice but to ride it out and see what we have.

Dave

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Don't argue with King Chief Fan...he's done his homework.

These four guys have shown they have "it". Croyle is a bust. O' Sullivan is a f*cking sure thing. An out of the park HR fo shizzle. Thanks for keeping the rest of us schmucks in the know KCF, we'd be lost without your powerful insight.

Tell me again what Croyle has done ....spit his balls out of your mouth and you tell me.

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2008, 03:41 PM
[quote=GonzoRox88;4941772]KCF hasn't bothered to chime in again...probably busy scouting for numerous NFL franchises.

I understand, when you're evaluating talent on J.T. O'Sullivan's level, a football message board has to come second.[/quote

I understand when there is ass hats like you on the board there is plenty else to do. You keep pimping Croyle and keep looking like an ass....it seems to fit you.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 03:49 PM
I understand when there is ass hats like you on the board there is plenty else to do. You keep pimping Croyle and keep looking like an ass....it seems to fit you.

He's not pimping him, you ****stick.

He simply has the patience necessary to determine if the kid is going to make it or not.

The people that look like an ass are the one's calling for his head after six starts.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Anderson? What he HAS shown thus far means nothing if he can't follow up on it this year, and the year after.IMO, Anderson's play is dictated by the weapons he has at his disposal. Having watched some Browns games last season, he hangs his guys out to dry a bit too often.

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2008, 03:58 PM
He's not pimping him, you ****stick.

He simply has the patience necessary to determine if the kid is going to make it or not.

The people that look like an ass are the one's calling for his head after six starts.

Isn't this sweet. you come sticking up for someone else. How nice.

I wasn't talking to you ass hat.....

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 03:59 PM
IMO, Anderson's play is dictated by the weapons he has at his disposal. Having watched some Browns games last season, he hangs his guys out to dry a bit too often.

He also has a pretty damn good OL.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 04:00 PM
Isn't this sweet. you come sticking up for someone else. How nice.

I wasn't talking to you ass hat.....

Of course you weren't.

When you talk to me, I make you look like a dumbass.

Not that it's real hard to do.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Tell me again what Croyle has done Seriously? 6 regular season games with no LJ and No protection. You cannot be this stupid.

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2008, 04:02 PM
Of course you weren't.

When you talk to me, I make you look like a dumbass.

Not that it's real hard to do.

ROFL that's a good one

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
He also has a pretty damn good OL.Certainly one of the best in the league.

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Seriously? 6 regular season games with no LJ and No protection. You cannot be this stupid.

you don't think it is reasonable to show some sort of sign that he is NFL caliber in 6 starts.........any?

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Seriously? 6 regular season games with no LJ and No protection. You cannot be this stupid.

They are. Trust me.

The retard factor is at an all-time high around this place.

BigMeatballDave
08-24-2008, 04:08 PM
you don't think it is reasonable to show some sort of sign that he is NFL caliber in 6 starts.........any?He has had some plays. He played well in Indy last season. Solari and Herm lost that game. I am saving my judgement until seasons end. If he shows little to no improvement, its time to move on. Besides, what other option do we have?

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2008, 04:09 PM
He has had some plays. He played well in Indy last season. Solari and Herm lost that game. I am saving my judgement until seasons end. If he shows little to no improvement, its time to move on. Besides, what other option do we have?

we have no choice BCD.....it is what it is...Where Peterson and Herm have placed us.

Pablo
08-24-2008, 07:29 PM
I understand when there is ass hats like you on the board there is plenty else to do. You keep pimping Croyle and keep looking like an ass....it seems to fit you.I'm far from "pimping" Croyle..wouldn't mind pimping his wife though.

I'm just a fairly patient, intelligent football fan. Willing to give every young player on this team, regardless of position(OL, DL, CB, RB, etc...) a chance to prove themselves. Am I going to call Flowers a bust if he doesn't make 10 picks this season, and write him off as a 2nd round nobody? Most definitely not. Croyle has had 6 starts...6. That's one more than 5 and one less than 7. Not a whole lot. I know comparing QB's to DE's isn't apples to apples, but I'm curious what sort of flashed JA showed in his first 6 starts. Could we tell he was an all-pro DE from 6 starts?

What about Charles? If he doesn't wow you in 6 starts are you going to write him off? Because the majority of these young guys are going to suck..bad. And I'm aware Croyle is in his 3rd season, with 6 starts, and a new OC, Line, WR's, RB's; so I'm willing to give him an entire season to develop.

16 games. That's a pretty fair barometer..your 6 starts bullsh*t is just an ignorant, impatient football fan talking. Hurry up and win KC! All this rebuilding and youth makes me sick!!! Score another vet FA..go 9-7!!! F*ck yeah, at least I can go to the home games and get hammered and they'll win. That's all I care about!

And when you make absurd statements with J.T. O'Sullivan as a reference point, do you not expect to get that sh*t stuffed back in your face?

Mecca
08-24-2008, 07:41 PM
If you wanna start comparing things for what you see, Trent Edwards is a fine player to compare Croyle with, he was drafted a year later in the 3rd round and the Bills are starting him and did as a rookie...

To this point he has shown more than Croyle has, I know up there he got the laughing smile but hey it's the truth to this point.

I'm also tired of this 6 starts thing it's pretty obvious he's going to start this season, and this is his season if he's horrendously bad they can't run him back out there next year.

chiefs1111
08-24-2008, 07:51 PM
If you wanna start comparing things for what you see, Trent Edwards is a fine player to compare Croyle with, he was drafted a year later in the 3rd round and the Bills are starting him and did as a rookie...

To this point he has shown more than Croyle has, I know up there he got the laughing smile but hey it's the truth to this point.

I'm also tired of this 6 starts thing it's pretty obvious he's going to start this season, and this is his season if he's horrendously bad they can't run him back out there next year.

You can say it till your blue in the face,people are still going to be bringing it up,lol I think we will know by week 6 or so,if not a little sooner,if Croyle has what it takes.

CoMoChief
08-24-2008, 08:13 PM
Let me just sum it up this way as to why our offense sucks compared to what we have been used to with DV/AS.....

1. During the DV AS era we had an Oline that had pretty much 4-5 Pro Bowl Olinemen, 2 in which are future HOF's and the most important Olineman position, the LT spot, was owned by a player that can be argued to be the best to ever play at that position. Hell our worst Olineman in 2002 was John Tait, whos a hell of a tackle IMO. Not to mention these players ALWAYS played together. None of them were hardly ever hurt. There was a chemistry there that was invaluable to an offense and especially the QB. Trent Green wasn't anything special. Didn't have too strong of an arm, held on to the ball for too long, and tried to force things at times, but what he had was accuracy and 7 seconds of protection. Look at Brady and the Pats last season, besides the loss in the SB, the Pats Oline hardly ever allowed anyone to touch Brady. Same goes with Peyton Manning, the Colts Oline have been the best in the league in pass protection.

- Now, we have a patchwork Oline and scabs off of other teams that make up our Oline. This problem should have been addressed a long time ago and that was front office's fault for not doing so as our Oline got older and older and no preparations were in line for their eventual retirement. The only remaining starter is as well all know is Waters. Waters play hasn't gotten worse, but it looked a hell of a lot better when a HOF'er is by your side taking on double teams like it's ****ing nothing. We are always having injuries to our starters which makes us have to go further down the shitchart to find the next turd to line up and play. There is no chemistry at all because of this and the pass protection suffers a great deal. I don't care if its Manning or Brady, if they can't get protection (see Brady in SB) they aren't going to be any good.

2. Trent Green has been the typical NFL system QB, never has he once played under a different scheme in the NFL than what Cameron,Martz,Vermeil, and Saunders ran. Just like Favre and what he had with the West Coast Offense up in GB his whole career, Green knew the offense just as good as the coaches, probably even better, he mastered it, knew every play and option inside and out. Once you got it down, games come along much easier. Green was put in a position where he could succeed.

- We are starting a young inexperienced QB. He's going to do all of the things inexperienced QB's do. They're going to panic in the pocket when pressure is in their face. They are going to hold onto the ball too long. Theyre going to throw into double and triple coverages, they're going to turn the ball over. They are going to make dumb decisions that a normal NFL vet QB would more than likely not make.

3. Our WR's have never really been spectacular to begin with outside of Tony G, dating back when DV was here, but when a QB gets 6-7 sec of pass protection, even Ryan Leaf could be successful in the NFL with that, eventually WR's are going to get open because usually they are always one step in front of the defense.

- Our WR's can't run good routes and that mainly falls on the coaching they're receiving. Darling SUCKS and Webb is on this team through a family connection. Franklin looks promising as does Bowe but outside that we have the worse WR core in the NFL. We need to look at another WR in next year's draft. Maclin in the 2nd round would be great in the slot.

4. Field position. This falls soley on ST coach Mike Pheifer and our inability to get anything going in the ST game. I havent seen ST be this bad in God knows how long. I will still say to this day that it was our blocking that ran Dante Hall out of town. Hall was still good for a couple returns a year, better than most teams. There is no blocking in the return game or kick coverage. Pheifer needs to be canned. People wanna knock on DV but if there is one thing he knew and knew better than most coaches it was special teams.

ChiefsCountry
08-24-2008, 08:15 PM
Let me just sum it up this way as to why our offense sucks compared to what we have been used to with DV/AS.....

1. During the DV AS era we had an Oline that had pretty much 4-5 Pro Bowl Olinemen, 2 in which are future HOF's and the most important Olineman position, the LT spot, was owned by a player that can be argued to be the best to ever play at that position. Hell our worst Olineman in 2002 was John Tait, whos a hell of a tackle IMO. Not to mention these players ALWAYS played together. None of them were hardly ever hurt. There was a chemistry there that was invaluable to an offense and especially the QB. Trent Green wasn't anything special. Didn't have too strong of an arm, held on to the ball for too long, and tried to force things at times, but what he had was accuracy and 7 seconds of protection. Look at Brady and the Pats last season, besides the loss in the SB, the Pats Oline hardly ever allowed anyone to touch Brady. Same goes with Peyton Manning, the Colts Oline have been the best in the league in pass protection.

- Now, we have a patchwork Oline and scabs off of other teams that make up our Oline. This problem should have been addressed a long time ago and that was front office's fault for not doing so as our Oline got older and older and no preparations were in line for their eventual retirement. The only remaining starter is as well all know is Waters. Waters play hasn't gotten worse, but it looked a hell of a lot better when a HOF'er is by your side taking on double teams like it's ****ing nothing. We are always having injuries to our starters which makes us have to go further down the shitchart to find the next turd to line up and play. There is no chemistry at all because of this and the pass protection suffers a great deal. I don't care if its Manning or Brady, if they can't get protection (see Brady in SB) they aren't going to be any good.

2. Trent Green has been the typical NFL system QB, never has he once played under a different scheme in the NFL than what Cameron,Martz,Vermeil, and Saunders ran. Just like Favre and what he had with the West Coast Offense up in GB his whole career, Green knew the offense just as good as the coaches, probably even better, he mastered it, knew every play and option inside and out. Once you got it down, games come along much easier. Green was put in a position where he could succeed.

- We are starting a young inexperienced QB. He's going to do all of the things inexperienced QB's do. They're going to panic in the pocket when pressure is in their face. They are going to hold onto the ball too long. Theyre going to throw into double and triple coverages, they're going to turn the ball over. They are going to make dumb decisions that a normal NFL vet QB would more than likely not make.

3. Our WR's have never really been spectacular to begin with outside of Tony G, dating back when DV was here, but when a QB gets 6-7 sec of pass protection, even Ryan Leaf could be successful in the NFL with that, eventually WR's are going to get open because usually they are always one step in front of the defense.

- Our WR's can't run good routes and that mainly falls on the coaching they're receiving. Darling SUCKS and Webb is on this team through a family connection. Franklin looks promising as does Bowe but outside that we have the worse WR core in the NFL. We need to look at another WR in next year's draft. Maclin in the 2nd round would be great in the slot.

4. Field position. This falls soley on ST coach Mike Pheifer and our inability to get anything going in the ST game. I havent seen ST be this bad in God knows how long. I will still say to this day that it was our blocking that ran Dante Hall out of town. Hall was still good for a couple returns a year, better than most teams. There is no blocking in the return game or kick coverage. Pheifer needs to be canned. People wanna knock on DV but if there is one thing he knew and knew better than most coaches it was special teams.

Good post

Skip Towne
08-24-2008, 08:32 PM

You're smarter than I thought you were.

Chiefnj2
08-24-2008, 08:40 PM

This is Herm's third year. How many more years does he get to improve the team? How many years until he can field a decent OL, decent system QB, receivers, special teams and a decent defense?

Mecca
08-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Jeremy Maclin in no way shape or form lasts until the 2nd round, if he runs a sub 4.3 40 which is possible he gets into the top 15.

I think the last incarnation of the Chiefs line and Green spoiled us to an extent, Green always held the ball to long but the line let him get away with that. Watch QB's in the pocket count to 5 at 5 seconds the ball should be out. He should have found or be finding his receiver when he hits the back step of his drop.

theultimatekcchiefsfan
08-24-2008, 09:04 PM
Croyle = Grossman

blueballs
08-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Croyle = Grossman

There was a good Rex and a bad Rex
with Brodie I don't see either good or bad

TEX
08-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Croyle = Grossman

Croyle is worse.

TEX
08-24-2008, 09:42 PM
This is Herm's third year. How many more years does he get to improve the team? How many years until he can field a decent OL, decent system QB, receivers, special teams and a decent defense?

You're right - this is exactly the place I thought we would be when he took over. We are going nowhere with Herm. Man why cant Clark see that? :shake:

TEX
08-24-2008, 09:44 PM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

TEX
08-24-2008, 09:46 PM

Yep. But they probably will...:shake:

Mecca
08-24-2008, 09:46 PM
Why can't we get a head coach that cares about both sides of the ball?

Or coordinators and position coaches aren't has beens but instead of young up and comers...

KcMizzou
08-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Jeremy Maclin in no way shape or form lasts until the 2nd round, if he runs a sub 4.3 40 which is possible he gets into the top 15.

I, for one, think he should stay in college as long as possible. :)

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 09:50 PM

You're right - this is exactly the place I thought we would be when he took over. We are going nowhere with Herm. Man why cant Clark see that? :shake:

I'd agree if he had any control over things the first 18 months he was here.

In 2006 he was pressured into making one last stand with a roster full of aging veterans by Peterson.

In 2007, Peterson AGAIN fought the rebuild, and we saw:

Huard instead of Croyle

Holmes instead of Kolby Smith

Complete trash at RT instead of Herb Taylor

Weigmann at C instead of Niswanger

Tank and Turk on the bench for 75% of the game

Hell, Kennison had to blow out a hammy in the opener, or I'm 100% convinced he may not have saw the field on a regular basis until mid-season - at best.

Thankfully, Clark stepped in during the offseason and sided with Herm. Things have OBVIOUSLY changed around 1 Arrowhead Drive. Sure, he's been the HC for 3 years. But Peterson's only kept his hands out since mid-2007.

Skip Towne
08-24-2008, 09:52 PM
Why can't we get a head coach that cares about both sides of the ball?

Or coordinators and position coaches aren't has beens but instead of young up and comers...

I think you may be on to something here. Do other teams have as many busts as we do? Especially along the defenive line.

"Bob" Dobbs
08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
This is Herm's third year. How many more years does he get to improve the team? How many years until he can field a decent OL, decent system QB, receivers, special teams and a decent defense?It's going to take as many years as it takes to draft all of them. I think this is going to be a SLLLOOOWWWWW rebuild, just because there were so many players to be replaced.

By the way, I didn't notice any discussion about WTF happened to SIPPIO!!!!!!!111!! I thought that supposedly he had these things called "hands". Where the **** did they go last night?