PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Good, Bad, Ugly (proof of dumbassery)

DeezNutz
08-23-2008, 10:22 PM
:spock: At the bolded.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/763644.html

Chiefs blitz: A look at the good, bad and ugly in Chiefs’ game against Miami

Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson, who bore down on Miami’s Ricky Williams, was one of the few bright spots in Saturday night’s loss.
Big highlight

Not that it mattered much, but linebacker Derrick Johnson had a huge game. He made big hits, fought off blocks to make tackles, chased down plays from long range, batted down a pass at the line and made a tackle in coverage just short of the first down line to force a Miami punt. But he also was fooled by play-action on a second-quarter Miami touchdown that was inexplicably called out of bounds.

Big lowlight

Plenty to choose from here. Ted Ginn’s 59-yard punt return for a touchdown in the second quarter tops the list. After Pat Thomas missed early in the return, nobody for the Chiefs came close to getting a hand on Ginn.

What we learned

We already knew things weren’t going to come easily for the Chiefs, at least not early in the season. We weren’t sure their problems ran this deep.

Next question

If the Chiefs can’t be competitive against the Dolphins, how bad will it get when they head to New England in two weeks?

The hot seat

Dantrell Savage made a mistake that might have cost him a job. He caught a first quarter kickoff at the Chiefs’ 2 and promptly stepped out of bounds on the spot. The Chiefs can’t afford that kind of goof. His competition, B.J. Sams, later fumbled a punt return and Miami recovered, but the play was wiped out by a Dolphins penalty.
Franklin surgery

Rookie wide receiver Will Franklin, who injured his right knee in practice on Thursday, had arthroscopic surgery and will miss at least two weeks, Chiefs president/general manager Carl Peterson said.

Fantasy watch

Brodie Croyle (down): Two turnovers. Hopefully, you weren’t going to draft him anyway.

Chiefs defense (down): It took until late in the third quarter for the Chiefs to get their first takeaway of the preseason — against a rookie backup.

Larry Johnson (down): With 36 yards in 13 carries, he didn’t average even 3 yards per and didn’t come close to scoring on his fourth-down carry.

Coach
08-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Uh, Savage just made a rookie or a young player mistake which I can tolerate. It's a awareness problem, which can be coached out. Sams FUMBLED the ball, which I cannot tolerate, and he's been in the league for some time. Sams also looks like Eddie Drummond Jr.

There's a difference there Titless. Jesus Christ, how does this clown happen to have a job after all these years?

DeezNutz
08-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Savage: Aggressive, stupid mistake.

Sams: Drummond clone, with more fair catches.

Bwana
08-23-2008, 10:29 PM
Savage: Aggressive, stupid mistake.

Bingo

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 10:30 PM

I was listening to the Chiefs broadcast on Sirius and Dawson chimed in to say, and in a rather disgustingly voice when Sams did a fair catch, "Well, he's playing like he already lost his his job."

DeezNutz
08-23-2008, 10:31 PM
I was listening to the Chiefs broadcast on Sirius and Dawson chimed in to say, and in a rather disgustingly voice when Sams did a fair catch, "Well, he's playing like he already lost his his job."

Yeah, I hate it when fans claim that a player "doesn't play with any heart" because how do we really know...

But what other conclusion is one supposed to draw when the SOB repeatedly signals for a fair catch with no one around him? I smell Vagisil.

CosmicPal
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Yeah, I hate it when fans claim that a player "doesn't play with any heart" because how do we really know...

But what other conclusion is one supposed to draw when the SOB repeatedly signals for a fair catch with no one around him? I smell Vagisil.

It wasn't the casual fan- It was Len Dawson who said that.

DeezNutz
08-23-2008, 10:47 PM
It wasn't the casual fan- It was Len Dawson who said that.

I was just dovetailing my previous point to Lenny's comment...

DaneMcCloud
08-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Teicher just keeps raisin' that bar!

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Local media coverage of the Chiefs has and will continue to suck.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:12 AM

Dude, I'm twice as old as you and it's always sucked.

Even when they were "good".

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 12:14 AM
Dude, I'm twice as old as you and it's always sucked.

Even when they were "good".

Also, the Chiefs Television Network is one of the shoddiest productions I've seen from a professional sports team.

It's atrocious.

Chiefshrink
08-24-2008, 12:16 AM
Savage let his impatience to make a play cloud his judgement because everyone knows by the time they get to middle school football let alone high school football that you let the ball go if it is inside the 10. And you know he knows this. I give him a pass and praise him for wanting to make a play.

FAX
08-24-2008, 12:17 AM

Looks like it. It's sad, too. The Kansas City market deserves better from its media.

FAX

Chiefshrink
08-24-2008, 12:18 AM
Hey, at least somebody had a sense of urgency to make something happen tonight.

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 12:18 AM
Savage let his impatience to make a play cloud his judgement because everyone knows by the time they get to middle school football let alone high school football that you let the ball go if it is inside the 10. And you know he knows this. I give him a pass and praise him for wanting to make a play.

It's funny. You either stand out or you get cut. But if you try to stand out and you make a mistake it's worse than not standing out.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:19 AM
Also, the Chiefs Television Network is one of the shoddiest productions I've seen from a professional sports team.

It's atrocious.

The mere fact that you'd expect otherwise means you haven't been paying attention.

:p

leviw
08-24-2008, 12:19 AM
I love how the "local media" always sucks. Like you sit at your computers and read newspaper articles and watch news clips from the other media outlets covering the other 31 NFL teams to see what's good and bad compared to the Chiefs coverage. Hilarious.

FAX
08-24-2008, 12:20 AM
It's funny. You either stand out or you get cut. But if you try to stand out and you make a mistake it's worse than not standing out.

What was the score at that point in the game? If it was 17 to 0 or something, I don't think Herm will hold it against him.

FAX

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 12:20 AM
The mere fact that you'd expect otherwise means you haven't been paying attention.

:p

Very true.

GM: Shitty
Team: Shitty and has needed a rebuild for a long time.
Television production: Shitty x45

irishjayhawk
08-24-2008, 12:21 AM
I love how the "local media" always sucks. Like you sit at your computers and read newspaper articles and watch news clips from the other media outlets covering the other 31 NFL teams to see what's good and bad compared to the Chiefs coverage. Hilarious.

Umm, why does comparison make it any better or worse?

It sucks regardless of what other teams have.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:22 AM

Where do you live?

I live in Los Angeles and sad to say, the local coverage here kicks the living shit out of the KC Media.

In fact, most of the old ****ers on TV and Radio there have been on since I left in 1993. And they STILL suck.

Jack Harry can go can **** himself, along with Don Fortune, KK, Leabo and all the other negative, overpaid pricks.

Teicher deserves a special place in hell for his pathetic, junior high school reporting.

On second thought, maybe he's already found it. :evil:

FAX
08-24-2008, 12:24 AM

I can only compare it to other cities in which I've lived, Mr. leviw. I have (albeit admittedly limited) access to the KC media via the internet and, in my opinion, it's simply not as professional as other major markets. What I mean by that is the team, player, and coach interview questions, for example, are shallow as opposed to probing and insightful, the newspaper articles always carry an agenda (either pro or con) that is highly transparent, and the radio guys are, for the most part, complete idiots and morons of the first magnitude.

FAX

Chiefshrink

Sometimes it happens that way,let's hope the Chiefs give him a pass.:thumb:

irishjayhawk
Where do you live?

I live in Los Angeles and sad to say, the local coverage here kicks the living shit out of the KC Media.

In fact, most of the old ****ers on TV and Radio there have been on since I left in 1993. And they STILL suck.

Jack Harry can go can **** himself, along with Don Fortune, KK, Leabo and all the other negative, overpaid pricks.

Teicher deserves a special place in hell for his pathetic, junior high school reporting.

Especially on those two names. Holy hell, I don't know how they have a job.

leviw
08-24-2008, 12:31 AM
Where do you live?

Well no shit. The LA market has better media coverage than KC? The nation's, what?, second biggest market compared to, what? the 43rd? Yeah, shocking development there.

Also shocking that sports talk radio guys piss you off. So basically, they do their job. They take a stance on an issue, more often than not the opposite one of their listeners hold, and discuss it and defend it. In turn, they get high ratings. In turn, they get paid for doing their job well.

Adam Teicher is considered to be one of the best nuts-and-bolts NFL beat reporters in the business.

leviw
08-24-2008, 12:35 AM
I can only compare it to other cities in which I've lived, Mr. leviw. I have (albeit admittedly limited) access to the KC media via the internet and, in my opinion, it's simply not as professional as other major markets. What I mean by that is the team, player, and coach interview questions, for example, are shallow as opposed to probing and insightful, the newspaper articles always carry an agenda (either pro or con) that is highly transparent, and the radio guys are, for the most part, complete idiots and morons of the first magnitude.

FAX

Player and coach questions are a double-edged sword. If you're a dick, and ask probing questions all the time, you're not going to get player and coach interviews. If you do ask them, everyone in the locker room thinks you're a dick, and the team's fans think you're too hard on the team when things are going well. Shallow interview questions, especially this time of year, aren't unique. There's only so many things to write about coming out of training camp, and only so many things coaches and players are going to talk about.

And funny thing about the "agendas" carried by the newspaper articles: Those are only found by fans of the team the articles are written about.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Well no shit. The LA market has better media coverage than KC? The nation's, what?, second biggest market compared to, what? the 43rd? Yeah, shocking development there.

Also shocking that sports talk radio guys piss you off. So basically, they do their job. They take a stance on an issue, more often than not the opposite one of their listeners hold, and discuss it and defend it. In turn, they get high ratings. In turn, they get paid for doing their job well.

Adam Teicher is considered to be one of the best nuts-and-bolts NFL beat reporters in the business.

What the **** ever.

Considered by WHOM?

Great radio personalities are ****ing ill-informed pricks who got their card 30 years ago? Great radio personalities a negative ****tards 24-7?

No. At some point, great radio personalities are at some point, actually GREAT.

Apparently, you can't read, Levi. Jack Harry has been doing his same schtick since I was a teenager. Frank Boal interviewed ME for a high-school football game, and he was a worthless journalist then.

Go ahead and settle for bullshit.

I, for one, know the difference.

I'm sorry that you DON'T.

BigRock
08-24-2008, 12:37 AM

His mom's opinion doesn't count.

FAX
08-24-2008, 12:38 AM
I don't know, Mr. leviw. With all respect, that KK person is an absolute tool. He may be attempting to drive up his own ratings in order to sell advertising, but he's doing the team or the fans no favors. Considering his position, his schtick is destructive, lame, and uninformed, in my opinion.

I've mentioned this before, but he wouldn't be able to do that stuff in Nashville. Mainly because the same companies who are the largest advertisers on the sports stations are, for the most part, also the largest supporters of the Tacks. They'd run him out of town for demeaning the team to the extent he does. A fair analysis includes both the bad and the good. All I've heard from him for the last year (well, until I stopped listening) is negativity for the most part.

FAX

leviw
08-24-2008, 12:40 AM
What the **** ever.

Considered by WHOM?

Great radio personalities are ****ing ill-informed pricks who got their card 30 years ago. Great radio personalities a negative ****tards 24-7. Great radio personalities are at some point, actually GREAT.

Apparently, you can't read, Levi. Jack Harry has been doing his same schtick since I was a teenager. Frank Boal interviewed ME for a high-school football game, and he was a worthless journalist then.

Go ahead and settle for bullshit.

I for one, know the difference.

The whole sports talk show host profession is shallow in the first place. It's not easy, but it's shallow. Try filling a four-hour show with sports talk to keep people tuned in. You really can't be ill-informed. They have to be negative, to extent.

Jack Harry does a 10-minute sports highlight package every night and little else. Who cares? Also, who cares about Frank Boal interviewing you? What does that have to do with anything? Congrats, athlete, good effort out there. We're proud.

This "bullshit" isn't as bad as you make it. Tough that you have to live your life with people having different views than you, and they are, in turn, "pricks" for doing so and having the platform to do it on a bigger stage.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:44 AM
The whole sports talk show host profession is shallow in the first place. It's not easy, but it's shallow. Try filling a four-hour show with sports talk to keep people tuned in. You really can't be ill-informed. They have to be negative, to extent.

Jack Harry does a 10-minute sports highlight package every night and little else. Who cares? Also, who cares about Frank Boal interviewing you? What does that have to do with anything? Congrats, athlete, good effort out there. We're proud.

This "bullshit" isn't as bad as you make it. Tough that you have to live your life with people having different views than you, and they are, in turn, "pricks" for doing so and having the platform to do it on a bigger stage.

Oh, just go **** yourself, Champ.

I lived in KC from 1965 until 1993. As soon as internet radio was available, I tuned into 810 on a daily basis. I stopped listening a few years back because KK and friends are a bunch of ****ing hacks.

There are hundreds of people on this website alone that are more intimately familiar with the Chiefs, their personnel and the NFL. And let's not even get into baseball.

If YOU think that's what sports radio is really about, then I guess you'd better get out and travel the country or tune into sports talk in a metro area not named KC.

It's a different story, elsewhere.

leviw
08-24-2008, 12:46 AM
I don't know, Mr. leviw. With all respect, that KK person is an absolute tool. He may be attempting to drive up his own ratings in order to sell advertising, but he's doing the team or the fans no favors. Considering his position, his schtick is destructive, lame, and uninformed, in my opinion.

I've mentioned this before, but he wouldn't be able to do that stuff in Nashville. Mainly because the same companies who are the largest advertisers on the sports stations are, for the most part, also the largest supporters of the Tacks. They'd run him out of town for demeaning the team to the extent he does. A fair analysis includes both the bad and the good. All I've heard from him for the last year (well, until I stopped listening) is negativity for the most part.

FAX

You're right on, Fax, on a lot of your points. First, no way he could do what he does in many parts of the country. Because there are places, like Nashville, where every listener and business loves their teams more than life. Those sports talk guys have it easy. "Opening up the phone lines, we're talking Vols football," and just like that, you have callers for four hours, and happy advertisers.

But in KC, Fax, look around just on this board. The fickleness knows no bounds. The majority of the listeners hate Carl and love to hear him trashed on the radio. They, like KK, know Herm's offense sucks and he'll always play for field goals. They love their red and Arrowhead, but they also know this team has, and has had, more problems than the Bush administration, so KK can get away with trashing the Chiefs, and Royals, for that matter, on the radio every day.

As far as being destructive to the team, he is (and I'm using this term loosely) a journalist, and doesn't, nor should he, care if the team is hurt by his actions. He doesn't have to show up to Arrowhead and do interviews every day. Carl doesn't grant him interviews, so he loses nothing there. And on and on it goes.

leviw
08-24-2008, 12:50 AM
Oh, just go **** yourself, Champ.

I lived in KC from 1965 until 1993. As soon as internet radio was available, I tuned into 810 on a daily basis. I stopped listening a few years back because KK and friends are a bunch of ****ing hacks.

There are hundreds of people on this website alone that are more intimately familiar with the Chiefs, their personnel and the NFL. And let's not even get into baseball.

If YOU think that's what sports radio is really about, then I guess you'd better get out and travel the country or tune into sports talk in a metro area not named KC.

It's a different story, elsewhere.

You're old. I got that. That point establishes nothing.

Sports talk radio is about ratings and absolutely nothing else. It's a business, and when the ratings go sour, sports talk show host loses his job, no matter what market size he's in. Don Fortune is a prime example of that. And sooner or later, another young gun with a big mouth will come in on another station and likely push KK's and 810's ratings down, and he'll be out the door.

But for now, you're wrong. His BUSINESS is successful. His ratings are the highest in the KC market, BY FAR. And to him and 810, no other market matters. And that makes him, whether you like it or not, good at his job.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:54 AM
You're old. I got that. That point establishes nothing.

Sports talk radio is about ratings and absolutely nothing else. It's a business, and when the ratings go sour, sports talk show host loses his job, no matter what market size he's in. Don Fortune is a prime example of that. And sooner or later, another young gun with a big mouth will come in on another station and likely push KK's and 810's ratings down, and he'll be out the door.

But for now, you're wrong. His BUSINESS is successful. His ratings are the highest in the KC market, BY FAR. And to him and 810, no other market matters. And that makes him, whether you like it or not, good at his job.

No offense but that doesn't make him GOOD.

Soren Petro? Hell yes. Excellent host.

KK? JH? DF? TL?

Awful.

Absolutely unemployeeable in another city.

The mere fact that you're defending these ****ing schlubs clearly illustrates that you're a myopic, Kansas City homer with absolutely no life experiences.

GOOD FOR YOU. :rolleyes:

Spicy McHaggis
08-24-2008, 12:57 AM
I miss Ivan Carter.

leviw
08-24-2008, 12:58 AM
No offense but that doesn't make him GOOD.

Soren Petro? Hell yes. Excellent host.

KK? JH? DF? TL?

Awful.

Absolutely unemployeeable in another city.

The mere fact that you're defending these ****ing schlubs clearly illustrates that you're a myopic, Kansas City homer with absolutely no life experiences.

GOOD FOR YOU. :rolleyes:

Soren Petro is a great host. But is he's the best 810 offers, then why doesn't he host the drive-time show?

The mere fact that you clearly don't understand anything about media (or business in general, apparently) illustrates that you're a ignorant old man, only slightly more tolerable than Skip.

FAX
08-24-2008, 12:58 AM
Excellent points, Mr. leviw. Your comparison of the overall KC market and the Planet is well taken. It has been and remains very interesting to me that so many people can be so consistently and thoroughly negative in respect to a team they claim as "theirs".

Maybe you're right after all. Maybe KC is the type of market that can sustain and even appreciate a guy like KK. Clearly, he wouldn't be on the air long if his approach wasn't working from a financial perspective. I find it hard to believe that he's slamming the Chiefs for altruistic reasons. All I know is that, when I imagine a guy like that in Nashville, I also imagine him being escorted from the building by a passle of security guys because one of the bank presidents called the owner and asked for a favor.

For my part, I think the KC media may have become somewhat inbred. For example, Rhonda Moss isn't a quality interviewer, in my opinion, yet she keeps her job. And, as far as local writers are concerned, they each seem to promote a particular agenda that is both predictable and transparent and have done so for many years.

I have nothing but fond memories of KC and my love for the Chiefs is practically boundless. I suppose I just think they deserve better.

FAX

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 12:59 AM
Soren Petro is a great host. But is he's the best 810 offers, then why doesn't he host the drive-time show?

The mere fact that you clearly don't understand anything about media (or business in general, apparently) illustrates that you're a ignorant old man, only slightly more tolerable than Skip.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

JFC.

You're more out of touch than the average dumb****.

Good job.

PS - I guess you missed the part where I got carded just last week. Let alone the other threads pertaining to my, ahem, wealth.

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:05 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

JFC.

Good job.

I've spent the last 45 min. defending sports talk radio hosts. Yes, I'm out of touch. But really, local media coverage isn't awful in KC. Compared to bigger markets, like LA, you're right, it doesn't measure up.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:09 AM
I've spent the last 45 min. defending sports talk radio hosts. Yes, I'm out of touch. But really, local media coverage isn't awful in KC. Compared to bigger markets, like LA, you're right, it doesn't measure up.

What's with the sudden 180? Come on dude, BRING IT!

:evil:

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:16 AM
Excellent points, Mr. leviw. Your comparison of the overall KC market and the Planet is well taken. It has been and remains very interesting to me that so many people can be so consistently and thoroughly negative in respect to a team they claim as "theirs".

Maybe you're right after all. Maybe KC is the type of market that can sustain and even appreciate a guy like KK. Clearly, he wouldn't be on the air long if his approach wasn't working from a financial perspective. I find it hard to believe that he's slamming the Chiefs for altruistic reasons. All I know is that, when I imagine a guy like that in Nashville, I also imagine him being escorted from the building by a passle of security guys because one of the bank presidents called the owner and asked for a favor.

For my part, I think the KC media may have become somewhat inbred. For example, Rhonda Moss isn't a quality interviewer, in my opinion, yet she keeps her job. And, as far as local writers are concerned, they each seem to promote a particular agenda that is both predictable and transparent and have done so for many years.

I have nothing but fond memories of KC and my love for the Chiefs is practically boundless. I suppose I just think they deserve better.

FAX

Right on about the financial perspective. Again, that's what the business is all about. Rhonda Moss is a character, not a journalist. See, 610 is awful at what it does. They can't compete with 810 in any way. None. So they try to find little characters, like Rhonda Moss, to be a draw to their station. Her interviews are mainly for comic relief than insightfulness, though I'm certain that wasn't the station's intention when she came on board.

As far as the paper goes, Whitlock is the counter-everything columnist. Not much different than a sports talk host (he once was, as you probably recall). His opinion differs from the majority of the readers so readers will read to have something to argue, even if it's just to themselves. Teicher probably carries a little more of a harder edge in his work than hardcore fans would appreciate, but that kind of comes with the territory.

As a beat writer, you're around the team all the time. Eat, sleep and breathe said team. And you're natural instinct is to draw closer to them. Even root for them. But as a journalist, you're told from Journalism 101 to not get close to your beat, specifically NEVER CHEER for the team you cover in sports. Be objective. So the tendency for beat writers is to do the exact opposite and, not necessarily to root against, but to pull away and put a tougher edge on your work to show you're not a fan of the team you cover.

In return, you get glowing feature stories from Kent Babb -- never a negative tone -- and, more often than not, glowing columns from Posnanski. It normally evens out.

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:18 AM
What's with the sudden 180? Come on dude, BRING IT!

:evil:

I already chalked this up to a won argument. Plus, I compared you to Skip, so really I couldn't possibly insult you anymore.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Right on about the financial perspective. Again, that's what the business is all about. Rhonda Moss is a character, not a journalist. See, 610 is awful at what it does. They can't compete with 810 in any way. None. So they try to find little characters, like Rhonda Moss, to be a draw to their station. Her interviews are mainly for comic relief than insightfulness, though I'm certain that wasn't the station's intention when she came on board...

Wow.

Clearly, you're not familiar with the writing of our resident Christopher Marlowe, Mr. Fax.

Irony doesn't appear to be your strong suit, Mr. Levi Wevi

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
I already chalked this up to a won argument. Plus, I compared you to Skip, so really I couldn't possibly insult you anymore.

Comparing me to Skip is a joke, not an insult.

I think you'd better brush up on your 'Planet acumen if you really want to insult someone.

JFC.

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:21 AM
ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

JFC.

Good job.

PS - I guess you missed the part where I got carded just last week. Let alone the other threads pertaining to my, ahem, wealth.

I didn't miss either. Saw the pics of your house. Nice. Though I have my own opinion on guys who brag about their homes, earnings and looks on an Internet message board. Neither here nor there, however.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:23 AM
I didn't miss either. Saw the pics of your house. Nice. Though I have my own opinion on guys who brag about their homes, earnings and looks on an Internet message board. Neither here nor there, however.

Great.

As you've probably ascertained from our great discussion, I really CARE about those opinions.

Probably about as much as I care about KK and his band of merry men.

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:25 AM
Comparing me to Skip is a joke, not an insult.

I think you'd better brush up on your 'Planet acumen if you really want to insult someone.

JFC.

It's not a joke. If your username wasn't right in front of me, I'd be convinced it was him. Same brash comments with nothing to support any of them. Same I'm-not-going-to-win-this-argument-so-I'll-resort-to-name-calling-instead style.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:29 AM
It's not a joke. If your username wasn't right in front of me, I'd be convinced it was him. Same brash comments with nothing to support any of them. Same I'm-not-going-to-win-this-argument-so-I'll-resort-to-name-calling-instead style.

I'm glad you feel like you've "won".

That's a clear sign of your closed mind.

Good for you.

Don't go changin'.

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:29 AM
Great.

As you've probably ascertained from our great discussion, I really CARE about those opinions.

Probably about as much as I care about KK and his band of merry men.

You don't care. And I certainly don't care that you don't care. Your high-and-mighty style isn't unique. See it everyday. Easy to deal with. And hey, we can still coexist on the Internet. Awesome.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:30 AM
You don't care. And I certainly don't care that you don't care. Your high-and-mighty style isn't unique. See it everyday. Easy to deal with. And hey, we can still coexist on the Internet. Awesome.

Yeah, I'm high and mighty.

And you're just plain and stupid.

Match point.

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:31 AM
I'm glad you feel like you've "won".

That's a clear sign of your closed mind.

Good for you.

Don't go changin'.

Your argument had no base, let alone structure. Just random comments, name calling and a lot of asterisks. So yeah, I won. Not really a feeling. Just how it was.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:33 AM
Your argument had no base, let alone structure. Just random comments, name calling and a lot of asterisks. So yeah, I won. Not really a feeling. Just how it was.

Wow, another post of dumbassery.

You couldn't comprehend my posts.

You couldn't comprehend Fax's posts.

Clearly, comprehension isn't your strong point.

I'm guessing that YOU'RE KK?

ROFL

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Wow, another post of dumbassery.

You couldn't comprehend my posts.

You couldn't comprehend Fax's posts.

Clearly, comprehension isn't your strong point.

I'm guessing that YOU'RE KK?

ROFL

Really? Fax said I made "excellent" points.

I can't comprehend?

This was fun awhile ago, but you really fizzled out in the last 10 minutes. Bedtime?

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:47 AM
Really? Fax said I made "excellent" points.

I can't comprehend?

This was fun awhile ago, but you really fizzled out in the last 10 minutes. Bedtime?

Wow. No wonder Skip has run circles around you. He was, at one point, a lawyer BTW.

Just so we're clear, Fax insulted the very station and people you're defending. I guess you can't see that.

Regardless, you're a shill for the very radio people you're defending. That's very clear.

Good luck with that.

leviw
08-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Wow. No wonder Skip has run circles around you. He was, at one point, a lawyer BTW.

Just so we're clear, Fax insulted the very station and people you're defending. I guess you can't see that.

Regardless, you're a shill for the very radio people you're defending. That's very clear.

Good luck with that.

Skip never once ran a circle around anyone that I've ever seen. "At on point" was a long, long time ago, obviously.

You need to reread the conversation between Fax and myself.

Regardless, you not only fit every stereotype of a pompous asshole, you define them. It's obviously worked well for you, except for the times you sit down and count the number of friends you have.

Good luck with that.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Skip never once ran a circle around anyone that I've ever seen. "At on point" was a long, long time ago, obviously.

You need to reread the conversation between Fax and myself.

Regardless, you not only fit every stereotype of a pompous asshole, you define them. It's obviously worked well for you, except for the times you sit down and count the number of friends you have.

Good luck with that.

ROFLROFL

JFC.

Same old argument "you're an asshole with no friends".

Do you HONESTLY believe that?

If so, you're an insecure douchenozzle.

As for Fax's comments, if you need a decoder ring, you're dumber than I thought.

Again, JFC.

PS - I hope you crash and burn on KC radio, KK. And I went to K-State.

leviw
08-24-2008, 02:04 AM
ROFLROFL

JFC.

Same old argument "you're an asshole with no friends".

Do you HONESTLY believe that?

If so, you're an insecure douchenozzle.

As for Fax's comments, if you need a decoder ring, you're dumber than I thought.

Again, JFC.

PS - I hope you crash and burn on KC radio, KK. And I went to K-State.

So you've heard that argument before? Can't imagine.

Like I said, you're kind is a dime a dozen. You're not unique. You're all the exact same. Very few friends is just one detail of the bigger issue.

And K-State is proud, I'm sure.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:06 AM

Like I said, you're kind is a dime a dozen. You're not unique. You're all the exact same. Very few friends is just one detail of the bigger issue.

Inferiority much?

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:07 AM

I mean, considering you can't let this go.

leviw
08-24-2008, 02:09 AM
Inferiority much?

There's not one thing about your life -- the one you choose to plaster all over the Internet -- that impresses me in the least. Inferior? If anything, this whole thread has made me thankful I'm not you ten times over.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:13 AM
There's not one thing about your life -- the one you choose to plaster all over the Internet -- that impresses me in the least. Inferior? If anything, this whole thread has made me thankful I'm not you ten times over.

Of course. Because, as you've said, I've "plastered my life" all over the "internet".

I've been on here for 8 years. Out of 10,000 members, only two know my real name.

That's plastering for ya.

As for you, I'm sure you get your jollies by insulting me. But the bottom line is that you're out of your league and out of your element. That's the sad reality that even you probably can't acknowledge.

But clearly, that doesn't matter.

Good for you.

If I were a loser, I wouldn't want to know it, either.

leviw
08-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Of course. Because, as you've said, I've "plastered my life" all over the "internet".

I've been on here for 8 years. Out of 10,000 members, only two know my real name.

That's plastering for ya.

As for you, I'm sure you get your jollies by insulting me. But the bottom line is that you're out of your league and out of your element. That's the sad reality that even you probably can't acknowledge.

But clearly, that doesn't matter.

Good for you.

I hope I haven't insulted you. That wasn't my intention. You are what you are. I was just pointing it out, though I'm sure you hear the same things I've said 10 times a day. And yes I will acknowledge I am out of your league and out of your element. For that, I'm grateful.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:19 AM
I hope I haven't insulted you. That wasn't my intention. You are what you are. I was just pointing it out, though I'm sure you hear the same things I've said 10 times a day. And yes I will acknowledge I am out of your league and out of your element. For that, I'm grateful.

ROFLROFLROFL

I would say there's about a 1 in 100 billionth of a chance that anyone on Chiefsplanet could insult me. I mean, come the **** on.

leviw
08-24-2008, 02:20 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

I would say there's about a 1 in 100 billionth of a chance that anyone on Chiefsplanet could insult me. I mean, come the **** on.

Case and point.

DaneMcCloud
08-24-2008, 02:32 AM
Case and point.

It must feel good to know that you're all you are and all you'll ever be.

Gee, what a nice feeling!

And you're "young", too!

boogblaster
08-24-2008, 06:04 AM
Teicher = soccer-mom covering football ... And yes the young guys will make mistakes .. We're young, you will be pissed off this season ....

DTLB58
08-24-2008, 09:12 AM
Teicher = soccer-mom covering football ... And yes the young guys will make mistakes .. We're young, you will be pissed off this season ....

ROFL

Nah, I've already stopped cussing at the tv and replaced that with laughing. If I don't I will explode from an aneurysm.

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 09:45 AM
I hope herm holds him an example and cuts savage. That was brutal

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:46 AM
I hope herm holds him an example and cuts savage. That was brutal

ARE YOU INSANE THAT GUY HAS BALLS

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:47 AM
one rookie mistake and you cut the guy no matter what else good hes done? WOW

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 09:47 AM
It's a cardnal sin and I agree with tiecher. It probably cost him his job

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Petty bickering aside, I'm still trying to get over the fact that someone thinks Teicher is one of the best beat reporters in the NFL.

Apparently, you've never read anyone else.

Go read something from Bill Williamson in Denver, Rick Gosselin in Dallas, or Jim Thomas in St Louis.

Then compare Teicher to REAL writers.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:54 AM
It's a cardnal sin and I agree with tiecher. It probably cost him his job

he was the ONLY guy who played with some fire. who we gonna let return sams? drummond? no ****ing way it's gotta be SAVAGE

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 10:02 AM
I wouldn't mind sams. He has some experience...something this team is lacking he also plays with smarts. He hasn't stepped out of bounds like weak savage dead weak!

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't mind sams. He has some experience...something this team is lacking he also plays with smarts. He hasn't stepped out of bounds like weak savage dead weak!

he FUMBLED though who cares if it was called back. did you watch the game if you call savage weak i call you stupid.
the guy plays with HEART

Micjones
08-24-2008, 10:16 AM
We can't make this mistake twice.
We saw this play out last year. Cut young aggressive player with upside in favor of a veteran whose best playing days are behind him.

Savage should make this team despite his gaff last night.
He's already earned his roster spot.

Hopefully, he rebounds in a big way next week and makes the decision for the coaching staff.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
he only had one gaffe i saw stepping out of bounds

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
We can't make this mistake twice.
We saw this play out last year. Cut young aggressive player with upside in favor of a veteran whose best playing days are behind him.

Savage should make this team despite his gaffs last night.
He's already earned his roster spot.

Hopefully, he rebounds in a big way next week and makes the decision for the coaching staff.

Agreed, but I'd hope the coaching staff has already made that decision.

Not sure what else they need to see.

Micjones
08-24-2008, 10:22 AM
Hadn't Justin Phinisee separated himself from Eddie Drummond last year in the pre-season though?

I think this staff needs to see Savage make a couple more big plays before they'll lock him in.

I hope I'm wrong. I know that Herm likes the kid. That should count for something.

Demonpenz
08-24-2008, 10:24 AM
(Chorus) Take me to another place
Take me to another land
Make me forget all that hurts me
Let me understand your plan

phinisee.....phinisee

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:24 AM
wow phinisee wanted to return the ball.
sams called a fair catch with no one within 10 yards
len dawson said that he knows he's gone
sams also missed a pass in the game
savage runs his ass off
if it comes down to these 2 savage wins HANDS DOWN

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:25 AM
savage>>> phinisee+drummond+sams

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Hadn't Justin Phinisee separated himself from Eddie Drummond last year in the pre-season though?

I think this staff needs to see Savage make a couple more big plays before they'll lock him in.

I hope I'm wrong. I know that Herm likes the kid. That should count for something.

IIRC, Drummond was brought in after either the 2dn or 3rd PS game because the coaching staff (apparently) hadn't seen enough out of Phinisee.

There really wasn't much of a competition once Drummond was brought in, the writing was on the wall.

That's why Phinisee took that kick out from 8 yards deep in the EZ at the end of the 4th PS game - to try to show something - and change the staff's mind.

FTR, Savage has shown MUCH more than Phinisee did last year, IMO.

leviw
08-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Petty bickering aside, I'm still trying to get over the fact that someone thinks Teicher is one of the best beat reporters in the NFL.

Apparently, you've never read anyone else.

Go read something from Bill Williamson in Denver, Rick Gosselin in Dallas, or Jim Thomas in St Louis.

Then compare Teicher to REAL writers.

Bill Williamson is at ESPN.com. Not a beat writer.

Rick Gosselin isn't a beat writer. He's a national NFL writer.

The StL Dispatch is a joke. Nobody reads Jim Thomas.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
savage plays other than just return he could help ALOT on 3rd down

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Bill Williamson is at ESPN.com. Not a beat writer.

Rick Gosselin isn't a beat writer. He's a national NFL writer.

The StL Dispatch is a joke. Nobody reads Jim Thomas.

Williamson JUST went to ESPN full time after being the Broncos beat writer for the Post for years.

Gosselin IS a beat writer, unless you want to argue with the Dallas Morning News.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/football/

DMN beat writer Rick Gosselin writes about the NFL each week in this newsletter.

And while the Post Dispatch is a joke on the whole, you're absolutely retarded if you don't think Jim Thomas isn't one of the better beat writers in the country.

Keep showing your ass, you're doing a fine job of it.

leviw
08-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Williamson JUST went to ESPN full time after being the Broncos beat writer for the Post for years.

Gosselin IS a beat writer, unless you want to argue with the Dallas Morning News.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/football/

And while the Post Dispatch is a joke on the whole, you're absolutely retarded if you don't think Jim Thomas isn't one of the better beat writers in the country.

Keep showing your ass, you're doing a fine job of it.

Doesn't matter when he went, Williamson is at ESPN.com, and you told me to read Williamson in Denver. Well he's not in Denver anymore. You've already run yourself into the ground.

Rick Gosselin is not the Cowboys beat writer. He is a national writer/columnist for the Morning News, just like Randy Covitz of The Star. If you don't know the difference, you probably shouldn't be arguing.

Jim Thomas is a good reporter. Decent writer. What separates him from Teicher is absolutely nothing, except the teams they cover.

08-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Teicher just keeps raisin' that bar!

Only if raising is upside down.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 12:09 PM
Doesn't matter when he went, Williamson is at ESPN.com, and you told me to read Williamson in Denver. Well he's not in Denver anymore. You've already run yourself into the ground.

Rick Gosselin is not the Cowboys beat writer. He is a national writer/columnist for the Morning News, just like Randy Covitz of The Star. If you don't know the difference, you probably shouldn't be arguing.

Jim Thomas is a good reporter. Decent writer. What separates him from Teicher is absolutely nothing, except the teams they cover.

Did I say that Gosselin was the COWBOYS beat writer?

Nope.

But he's a beat writer, nonetheless. I'd take the DMN's view on it over yours - that's what they have him labeled as.

Your quote:

And I proceeded to give you THREE that are heads and shoulders above Teicher. And there are MANY more. If you think Jim Thomas is just an average writer, it explains the dipshittery you've displayed in this thread.

It's hilarious that you think I "ran myself into the ground."

I'm not the ****tard who thinks Teicher is a good beat writer.

That's you, and pretty much, you alone. You should have quit after Dane made you his bitch.

Sure-Oz
08-24-2008, 12:13 PM
he FUMBLED though who cares if it was called back. did you watch the game if you call savage weak i call you stupid.
the guy plays with HEART

I think he's not being serious, or he's retarded

leviw
08-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Did I say that Gosselin was the COWBOYS beat writer?

Nope.

But he's a beat writer, nonetheless. I'd take the DMN's view on it over yours - that's what they have him labeled as.

Your quote:

And I proceeded to give you THREE that are heads and shoulders above Teicher. And there are MANY more. If you think Jim Thomas is just an average writer, it explains the dipshittery you've displayed in this thread.

It's hilarious that you think I "ran myself into the ground."

I'm not the ****tard who thinks Teicher is a good beat writer.

That's you, and pretty much, you alone. You should have quit after Dane made you his bitch.

If he's not a team's beat writer, then he is in no way comparable to Teicher. They do two separate things. One covers a team, the other covers an entire league.

You both should stick to topics you can offer intelligent views on. This clearly isn't one for either of you.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 02:58 PM
If he's not a team's beat writer, then he is in no way comparable to Teicher. They do two separate things. One covers a team, the other covers an entire league.

You both should stick to topics you can offer intelligent views on. This clearly isn't one for either of you.

So writing about the league, and writing about a team, isn't all writing about football?

Interesting.

They are comparable, because they both write about the game of football on a daily basis.

Teicher is a horrible writer, period. He could be working the Metro beat, A&E Section, where ever. He's a hack.

Is he a relative of yours?

I've never seen someone defend him so vigorously - then again, after being bitch slapped twice in this thread, I can see why you would want to save face.

leviw
08-24-2008, 03:03 PM
So writing about the league, and writing about a team, isn't all writing about football?

Interesting.

They are comparable, because they both write about the game of football on a daily basis.

Teicher is a horrible writer, period. He could be working the Metro beat, A&E Section, where ever. He's a hack.

Is he a relative of yours?

I've never seen someone defend him so vigorously - then again, after being bitch slapped twice in this thread, I can see why you would want to save face.

No. They are not comparable. Covering a team is completely different than covering a league.

I've heard that before from you. You keep repeating it. So let me ask you this: Why is a horrible writer? Why is he a hack? What evidence can you bring to the table to support the opinion?

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 03:11 PM
No. They are not comparable. Covering a team is completely different than covering a league.

I've heard that before from you. You keep repeating it. So let me ask you this: Why is a horrible writer? Why is he a hack? What evidence can you bring to the table to support the opinion?

Have you actually READ anything Teicher has written lately?

One of the jobs of a beat writer is to give the reader information they'd otherwise never get. Teicher has access that most of us would DREAM about having, and he doesn't really bother to use it.

Most of his mindless drivel is stuff that's already been discussed ad nauseum, or is flat-out common sense.

Example:

"Chiefs want to put more points on the board"

NO SHIT, ADAM?

I thought they were going to try to score fewer points. Thank you for pointing that out.

I'm not the only person here who feels this way. He's been mailing it in for a while now. Sadly, I've seen better work come from *gasp* WPI lately than Teicher. His work reminds me of someone in a HS Freshman journalism class. Boring. Stale. Obvious.

I'd love to give more examples, and there are plenty, but it appears the Star doesn't archive his work - or I haven't found where it is.

leviw
08-24-2008, 03:26 PM
Have you actually READ anything Teicher has written lately?

One of the jobs of a beat writer is to give the reader information they'd otherwise never get. Teicher has access that most of us would DREAM about having, and he doesn't really bother to use it.

Most of his mindless drivel is stuff that's already been discussed ad nauseum, or is flat-out common sense.

Example:

"Chiefs want to put more points on the board"

NO SHIT, ADAM?

I thought they were going to try to score fewer points. Thank you for pointing that out.

I'm not the only person here who feels this way. He's been mailing it in for a while now. Sadly, I've seen better work come from *gasp* WPI lately than Teicher. His work reminds me of someone in a HS Freshman journalism class. Boring. Stale. Obvious.

I'd love to give more examples, and there are plenty, but it appears the Star doesn't archive his work - or I haven't found where it is.

First of all, writers don't write the headlines for their stories; copy editors do that.

Secondly, your approach is unfair. Saying the topics of his articles have already been discussed or are common sense isn't his fault. It's the nature of newspapers. Their job is to sell papers to the public, and the majority of the public who have an interest in the Chiefs don't fit the profile of a ChiefsPlanet poster. You and I will scour the Internet all day looking for Chiefs up-to-the-minute news. The majority of Chiefs' followers pick up the newspaper or turn on the 10 p.m. news to find out what's going on with the team. So if Teicher goes to the lengths you want him to go, he won't touch on the important Chiefs news -- the news you already now, because you follow the Internet all day and stay on top of the team's news for the day -- that the majority of his readers would otherwise miss out on if he didn't write it.

Again, that's not Teicher's fault. The newspaper industry is beyond flawed. And it's for those very reasons. It's at least 12 hours behind all the time. But that information that you already know needs to be told to the majority of readers, whether it's regurgitated to the hardcore fan or not. It might be mindless to you, but it's not to a lot of the readers.

For what his job entails, Teicher is widely known around the league as one of the better team beat writers. He breaks news. He has a ton of sources around the NFL. He's a nuts-and-bolts guy, so his writing isn't over the top or full of color (think Babb's work), so that won't thrill you.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 03:33 PM
First of all, writers don't write the headlines for their stories; copy editors do that.

Secondly, your approach is unfair. Saying the topics of his articles have already been discussed or are common sense isn't his fault. It's the nature of newspapers. Their job is to sell papers to the public, and the majority of the public who have an interest in the Chiefs don't fit the profile of a ChiefsPlanet poster. You and I will scour the Internet all day looking for Chiefs up-to-the-minute news. The majority of Chiefs' followers pick up the newspaper or turn on the 10 p.m. news to find out what's going on with the team. So if Teicher goes to the lengths you want him to go, he won't touch on the important Chiefs news -- the news you already now, because you follow the Internet all day and stay on top of the team's news for the day -- that the majority of his readers would otherwise miss out on if he didn't write it.

Again, that's not Teicher's fault. The newspaper industry is beyond flawed. And it's for those very reasons. It's at least 12 hours behind all the time. But that information that you already know needs to be told to the majority of readers, whether it's regurgitated to the hardcore fan or not. It might be mindless to you, but it's not to a lot of the readers.

For what his job entails, Teicher is widely known around the league as one of the better team beat writers. He breaks news. He has a ton of sources around the NFL. He's a nuts-and-bolts guy, so his writing isn't over the top or full of color (think Babb's work), so that won't thrill you.

I respect your opinion, I just don't necessarily agree with it.

I hate the Rams, but I'd much rather read a Jim Thomas piece than one of Teicher's and it's not even close.

Agree to disagree.

leviw
08-24-2008, 03:40 PM
I respect your opinion, I just don't necessarily agree with it.

I hate the Rams, but I'd much rather read a Jim Thomas piece than one of Teicher's and it's not even close.

Agree to disagree.

My main point is that I think Teicher gets a bad rap, though I don't think it's unique to any team's newspaper beat writer. It's thankless. It's either, "Yeah, no shit. We already knew that!," or "Come on, write something about this!" Newspapers are flawed, but I can promise you that if Teicher wasn't good, he would have lost his job when the Star made it's huge round of cuts about three months ago. He does good work.

And Jim Thomas is as good as they come. I wasn't trying to discredit him. But really, the Dispatch does suck, and I guarantee Teicher is more well read, if only because the Star's sports section is twice that of the PD.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 04:09 PM
My main point is that I think Teicher gets a bad rap, though I don't think it's unique to any team's newspaper beat writer. It's thankless. It's either, "Yeah, no shit. We already knew that!," or "Come on, write something about this!" Newspapers are flawed, but I can promise you that if Teicher wasn't good, he would have lost his job when the Star made it's huge round of cuts about three months ago. He does good work.

And Jim Thomas is as good as they come. I wasn't trying to discredit him. But really, the Dispatch does suck, and I guarantee Teicher is more well read, if only because the Star's sports section is twice that of the PD.

Like I said, fair enough. Agree to disagree.

Sorry things got personal - I've been on Bitch Slapping Chicken Little Retards duty, and am a bit wound up - and took it out on you.

I apologize.

leviw
08-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Like I said, fair enough. Agree to disagree.

Sorry things got personal - I've been on Bitch Slapping Chicken Little Retards duty, and am a bit wound up - and took it out on you.

I apologize.

Agreed.

Nah, don't apologize. That's what a message board is all about. Good argument. I understand your side, you understand mine. And like you said, we agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that.

WilliamTheIrish
08-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Levi,

I didn't know you were KK. LMAO.

leviw
08-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Levi,

I didn't know you were KK. LMAO.

I'm KK and Adam Teicher -- all rolled into one.

Ready for the Cats?

WilliamTheIrish
08-24-2008, 06:49 PM
I'm KK and Adam Teicher -- all rolled into one.

Ready for the Cats?

Well I'm certainly ready for another difficult season. I'm ready to see what the new AD can muster.

leviw
08-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Well I'm certainly ready for another difficult season. I'm ready to see what the new AD can muster.

He'll get through the facility phase fine. The other intricacies of the job will be interesting to watch.

The season might be a tough one, but I don't think it will be worse than last year. Marcus Watts won't be throwing games this year, so that will help.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Sadly, I've seen better work come from *gasp* WPI lately than Teicher.

Thanks, dude. We appreciate that. How often do you read the site?

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks, dude. We appreciate that. How often do you read the site?

Never.

Only when you post it over here.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2008, 09:40 PM
Never.

Only when you post it over here.

:(

leviw
08-24-2008, 09:45 PM
:(

The day Nick Athan gets a good editor and stops writing every article in the first person is the day I'll consider reading.