PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs John Beck?

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 01:48 AM
/warning... pr_capone is currently drunk typing... the following may or may not make sense.

2nd rounder out of BYU, being passed over by the Phins in favor of Henne. The guy is 27 and only has 1 year under the belt in the NFL.

*IF* the Brodie Croyle project goes awry, seeing as the QB crops in the 2009 Draft are not all that great, would you mind seeing him in a Chiefs uni for a year or two until we can actually choose a qb as opposed to just taking the best that is available in 09?

Who knows what could happen.... he was drafted in the second round for a reason after all.

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 01:50 AM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5691/24636245eo1.jpg

Fish
08-24-2008, 02:03 AM
Dog turd with sprinkles is still a dog turd.......

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Dog turd with sprinkles is still a dog turd.......

Dog turd?

I would not go THAT far....

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 01:44 PM
ok... sober now and it still sounds like a good idea

CupidStunt
08-24-2008, 02:11 PM
27-year-old bum with little to no upside.

Uhhhhhhh ... pass.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 02:13 PM
The Dolphins thought so highly of him that they drafted Chad Henne and signed Chad Pennington and Josh McCown.

Thread closed.

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
27-year-old bum with little to no upside.

Uhhhhhhh ... pass.

To be fair... he just turned 27 3 days ago.

How is he a bum? I have not watched him play in Miami but he is just a single year into the league. He had some pretty good numbers in college too....

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2671/44678393ur0.jpg

kstater
08-24-2008, 02:18 PM
To be fair... he just turned 27 3 days ago.

How is he a bum? I have not watched him play in Miami but he is just a single year into the league. He had some pretty good numbers in college too....

System QB.

chiefs1111
08-24-2008, 02:55 PM
No thank you,just ride out this year with Brodie and then look for someone in next years draft. Beck will be playing in the CFL with in the next 2 years.

PastorMikH
08-24-2008, 03:03 PM
What do you mean a weak QB class? Chase Daniel will be available for drafting this spring!

:)

kstater
08-24-2008, 03:06 PM
What do you mean a weak QB class? Chase Daniel will be available for drafting this spring!

He's not weak, he's just short.

Skip Towne
08-24-2008, 03:07 PM

Nobody seems to like Danielson.

PastorMikH
08-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I'm watching Huard getting hammered.

There's absolutely no point in drafting a QB until we get this OL fixed.

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 03:19 PM

Agreed...

Are we ready for Croyle to be the starter next year as well or do we look at FA or trades for a stop gap?

We are in desperate need of a solid Guard and Tackle. To be honest... I'm not sold on Rudy N at Center either. I realize the guy is extremely intelligent and all but his size is a killer.

What about trying him at Guard? Its not like we loose anythign by trying at this point....

PastorMikH
08-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Agreed...

Are we ready for Croyle to be the starter next year as well or do we look at FA or trades for a stop gap?

We are in desperate need of a solid Guard and Tackle. To be honest... I'm not sold on Rudy N at Center either. I realize the guy is extremely intelligent and all but his size is a killer.

What about trying him at Guard? Its not like we loose anythign by trying at this point....

The decision with Croyle is one that I think needs to be put off until the end of the season. I do know Trent Green stunk when he didn't get protection, but when he had time, he could pick a D apart. I can't help but think some decent protection would make a big difference with Brodie. The dude has a cannon for an arm, but they can't keep him protected long enough for the recievers to get downfield far enough to catch his deep ball. Shoot, watching this game, the QBs don't have enough time to finish a 3 step drop.

I just hope Brodie doesn't get broken while the OL is built.

DTLB58
08-24-2008, 08:30 PM

That's what I said on draft day and then was hammered by many others saying you don't draft 2 or 3 Oline that high!

Now here we are in the pre-season and we can't do a freaking thing on offense because we can't get anybody blocked, including a team that went 1-15 last season!

FRCDFED
08-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Too bad we couldn't work out a deal with GB to get Brohm off their hands. Here to hoping Rogers isn't a bust and Carl grows a pair!

philfree
08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
Beck fits the mold of the type of player the Chiefs are focusing on. He's young and his best football is in front of him. I see nothing wrong with signing him when he gets cut. It gives us another QB prospect incase Croyle doesn't work out. He may not be the guy but I think Parcells just wants to buy his own groceries so to speak when it comes to his roster. There's a good chance that Beck never really got a chance with Parcells and the Tuna.

PhilFree:arrow:

pr_capone
08-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Beck fits the mold of the type of player the Chiefs are focusing on. He's young and his best football is in front of him. I see nothing wrong with signing him when he gets cut. It gives us another QB prospect incase Croyle doesn't work out. He may not be the guy but I think Parcells just wants to buy his own groceries so to speak when it comes to his roster. There's a good chance that Beck never really got a chance with Parcells and the Tuna.

PhilFree:arrow:

+1