PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Is it remotely possible that we are not as bad as we look?

Red Dawg
08-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Lots of teams have looked horrible this time of year but turned out to have decent seasons. Are the Chiefs one of them?

Mr. Arrowhead
08-24-2008, 08:23 AM
could be, but i seriously doubt it.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 08:23 AM
we HOPE

nychief
08-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Well one hopes young players improve as they play more in the NFL - none of these clowns have played in a regular season game...

DeepSouth
08-24-2008, 09:34 AM
The Phins have giving up seven points in the first two quarters of their three preseason games. I think the starting Defense of the Phins might be better than everyone thinks.

I just watched the first half on the NFL Network replay. Croyle started the night with Bowe dropping the first pass. The second attempt was like the middle of the Offensive line did not exist. He was running for his life right after the snap. He threw that one away while on the run versus taking the sack. The worse throw he made in the first half was the interception at the end.

I'm still optimistic Croyle could be good. If the OL play can ever get it together, we might see more of the Chicago Croyle versus the Miami Croyle.

btlook1
08-24-2008, 09:47 AM
The Phins have giving up seven points in the first two quarters of their three preseason games. I think the starting Defense of the Phins might be better than everyone thinks.

I just watched the first half on the NFL Network replay. Croyle started the night with Bowe dropping the first pass. The second attempt was like the middle of the Offensive line did not exist. He was running for his life right after the snap. He threw that one away while on the run versus taking the sack. The worse throw he made in the first half was the interception at the end.

I'm still optimistic Croyle could be good. If the OL play can ever get it together, we might see more of the Chicago Croyle versus the Miami Croyle.

I sure hope you are right! The OL is going to have to get better. Next years draft. OL,OL,Lb,CB,OL,OL, then a kicker? Flowers is going to be a stud after he gets some time in!

C-Mac
08-24-2008, 09:53 AM
The Chiefs stunk it up in every facet of the game, but realistically they could have and should have scored 10 (meaningless) points.
Consolation, the Raiders faired just as bad or worse against the Cardinals in yesterdays game, scoring zero points also, as did the Bengals against the Saints.
The Redskins, Titans and Browns did not score a TD in their third preseason game either.
Tamba Hali had one tackle and zero sacks, Jared Allen had zero tackles and zero sacks against the Steelers.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
tamba>allen

DeepSouth
08-24-2008, 10:01 AM
I still have hope for the KC defense. They only gave up three points in the first quarter. The second quarter was a punt return for a TD and then the short field TD after Croyle had the ball knocked loose from behind. The only other score was in the fourth quarter after the 80 yard run against the backups.

InChiefsHeaven
08-24-2008, 10:44 AM
That play on 4th and goal smelled like Solari...they interviewed Brian Waters on TV from the sidelines, and he eluded to the fact that they only had 2 or 3 plays for that situation. The radio and TV coverage mentioed that the Chiefs did not game plan for this game. So, yeah, you gotta hope that we are better than they looked, but IMO you don't want to get worse every preseason game, you want to get better. We have stepped backwards since the Chicago game...lets hope when the regular season arrives they play harder than this cuz they looked like they were flat and passionless...

...and also, LJ STILL can't block worth a shit...

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:45 AM
lj could he just doesnt

TrebMaxx
08-24-2008, 10:58 AM
I don't agree with not game planning by the third preseason game. Especially with the young guys we have, they need to get the feeling of what the game will be like when the game counts.

RealSNR
08-24-2008, 11:04 AM
We will not play this poorly every Sunday, no. So the Chiefs aren't as bad as they look.

But we're still bad.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-24-2008, 11:07 AM
We will not play this poorly every Sunday, no. So the Chiefs aren't as bad as they look.

But we're still bad.

Exactly, it is not like they are going to play the same way every single week. Playing well CONSISTENTLY is what makes the good teams. Even the bad teams have a couple games where they play well. This year will likely be a struggle, but there will be some good weeks.

08-24-2008, 11:39 AM
Keep dreaming. It gets worse before it gets better.

kcxiv
08-24-2008, 12:57 PM
Keep dreaming. It gets worse before it gets better.

Last year is as bad as it can get. We were not rebuilding as of last year. This year even if we end up 3-13 it will be more successful then last year's ****ing epic disaster.

08-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Last year is as bad as it can get. We were not rebuilding as of last year. This year even if we end up 3-13 it will be more successful then last year's ****ing epic disaster.
It can always get worse. Carefull....:evil:

Mr. Flopnuts
08-24-2008, 01:06 PM
I like your optimism but I have to say that after seeing last nights boxscore the answer is an emphatic NO!!!

harpes
08-24-2008, 01:37 PM
I think during our first preseason game we played above our abilitys. Lets face it we are bad but that shouldnt surpise us. My heart goes out to TG.

PastorMikH
08-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Watching the game right now, I'm halfway through the 3rd. Here's what I've seen so far...

OL - No protection for the QB, no holes for the RB.

DL - No push whatsoever.

D - No matter who is carrying the ball, its taking 3-4 guys to tackle the ball carrier. It almost seems like they are trying so hard for the big hit that they aren't even trying to wrap up. Dudes, listen, if the first guy will wrap up, the second guy is less apt to miss when he lays a big hit.

Brodie - He's still overthrowing recievers. On the INT, it looked to me like
Price perhaps messed up the route and went behind the LB instead of in front of him.

WRs, when the ball hits your hands, you have got to hold on to the ball.

Goalline - I miss Priest and Marcus. LJ just doesn't seem to have the same knack for getting across the goalline like they did.

All in all, the two most glaring things I see so far is the OL protection and lack of tackling. IMO, just fixing the tackling and protection problems will make a big difference for us.

FloridaMan88
08-24-2008, 02:57 PM
Actually I think it is very possible the Chiefs are WORSE than they have looked in the preseason thus far. Remember the Chiefs have played three non-playoff teams (including a 1-15 team) from last season.

I feel more confident in my 0-16 prediction after every passing day. The question will be will 0-16 be enough for Clark "David Glass" Hunt to put an end to the Dictator Carl/Herm Reign of Terror

rambleonthruthefog
08-24-2008, 02:57 PM
just fixing the tackling and protection problems will make a big difference for us.

tackling been a problem for the last 7-10 years? it really hurts to watch.

Fat Elvis
08-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Watching the game right now, I'm halfway through the 3rd. Here's what I've seen so far...

OL - No protection for the QB, no holes for the RB.

DL - No push whatsoever.

D - No matter who is carrying the ball, its taking 3-4 guys to tackle the ball carrier. It almost seems like they are trying so hard for the big hit that they aren't even trying to wrap up. Dudes, listen, if the first guy will wrap up, the second guy is less apt to miss when he lays a big hit.

Brodie - He's still overthrowing recievers. On the INT, it looked to me like
Price perhaps messed up the route and went behind the LB instead of in front of him.

WRs, when the ball hits your hands, you have got to hold on to the ball.

Goalline - I miss Priest and Marcus. LJ just doesn't seem to have the same knack for getting across the goalline like they did.

All in all, the two most glaring things I see so far is the OL protection and lack of tackling. IMO, just fixing the tackling and protection problems will make a big difference for us.

Yeah, I only really saw three problems with our team against the 'Phins: 1) Offence, 2) Defence, 3) Special teams. Of course those three problems simply mask the true deficiency with our team: Carl Peterson.

chiefs1111
08-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Well I think its a good possibility that we will have the 1st overall pick in the 09 draft,so yes we are as bad as we look.

dallaschiefsfan
08-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Things might change with Brodie, but my guess is that we'll be using our high first rounder on a QB next year.

chiefs1111
08-24-2008, 11:51 PM
In fact,if we win more than 3 games this year,I would be shocked. I like the young talent we have here,it's just going to take some time for it to all come together.

chiefs1111
08-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Things might change with Brodie, but my guess is that we'll be using our high first rounder on a QB next year.

at this point,it is looking very bleak for him.

TinyEvel
08-25-2008, 12:18 AM
You mean, "Let's not get this thing all twisted?"

TEX
08-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Lots of teams have looked horrible this time of year but turned out to have decent seasons. Are the Chiefs one of them?

Nope. We are the worst team in the NFL. As the preseason moves on, we get worse. A trend that led to losing 9 in a row last year. The real question should be how far into this season will the losing streak continue?

boogblaster
08-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Are we the really the worse ? I don't think we are .. But this season will be hard to watch ....

penguinz
08-25-2008, 09:39 AM
Things might change with Brodie, but my guess is that we'll be using our high first rounder on a QB next year.And who would you pick?

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 09:41 AM
And who would you pick?

Tebow of course, he rules on ncaa 2009

Rausch
08-25-2008, 09:46 AM
And who would you pick?

Put your "Trade for Brady Quinn!" earplugs in now...

J Diddy
08-25-2008, 09:48 AM
Are we the really the worse ? I don't think we are .. But this season will be hard to watch ....

I hope the preseason is no indication