PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Does herm get angry?

Molitoth
08-24-2008, 09:20 AM
Although I quit watching the game a few minutes into the 4th Q to allow myself some peace... I don't think I ever saw Herm get pissed. If that was my team I would be chewing some ass, throwing my clipboard, and bringing out a B2 full of F-Bombs. Instead he insisted on keeping his cool, walking around with a smile, and joking about how his players messed up.

What would YOU do?

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 09:22 AM
KILL EM ALL, BREAK SHIT, SLAP SOMEONE"S MOMMA....... NEED MORE?

evolve27
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I would get involved and try to coach up some players, Herm never does that shit.

CupidStunt
08-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Herm lacks any sort of fire. That's why the offense is so boring and lacks aggression, the Chiefs will never have a killer instinct, the players f**k up and then just walk to the bench without fear of getting waxed, etc.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 10:48 AM
The rookies were getting seasoned
any smoke from Herm's ears would have been lost in the smog

TrickyNicky
08-24-2008, 10:50 AM
He's trying to emulate Tony Dungy, duh.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:51 AM
dungy is ok we could only wish.......

InChiefsHeaven
08-24-2008, 10:52 AM
If Herm does get pissed it's never in public. I don't mind him being controlled, but it would be nice to see that he's not happy about the stinking steaming pile of corn filled shit that his team looked like last night...

JuicesFlowing
08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Herm lacks any sort of fire. That's why the offense is so boring and lacks aggression, the Chiefs will never have a killer instinct, the players f**k up and then just walk to the bench without fear of getting waxed, etc.

This may be true of Herm, but I can promise you Gunther and Krumrie chew enough ass to make up for it. I don't know about any of the other coaches though ...

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 10:53 AM
when they talked to him at halftime you could tell he was PISSED

TrebMaxx
08-24-2008, 10:54 AM
I would like to see a little more fire from the coach. Or maybe I would like to see fired coaches.

TrickyNicky
08-24-2008, 11:10 AM
You wouldn't like Dick Curl when he gets fussy.

InChiefsHeaven
08-24-2008, 11:18 AM
You wouldn't like Dick Curl when he gets fussy.

ROFL perfect...

08-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Herm - Get over it.

Rain Man
08-24-2008, 11:56 AM
He's probably not really watching the game.

Saleenman607
08-24-2008, 12:04 PM
This may be true of Herm, but I can promise you Gunther and Krumrie chew enough ass to make up for it. I don't know about any of the other coaches though ...

and I can promise you that the players are taking all that "chewing ass" from those two as being a JOKE. Ass chewing and coaching don't always add up.....just sayin'

CosmicPal
08-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Hank Stram never got blistering mad and dropped a slew of F-bombs and threw his clipboard down. He complained about the officiating, made jokes, and maintained his composure, and I don't think anyone EVER had a problem with the way he behaved on the sideline.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Hank Stram never got blistering mad and dropped a slew of F-bombs and threw his clipboard down. He complained about the officiating, made jokes, and maintained his composure, and I don't think anyone EVER had a problem with the way he behaved on the sideline.

Bill Walsh.

Tony Dungy.

To name a couple.

Throwing a Brian Billick-like temper tantrum when things go wrong doesn't really solve much - and tends to lose the respect of the players.

TrickyNicky
08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
Tom Coughlin on the other hand has some hilarious angry faces and does chew his players out.

kstater
08-24-2008, 02:19 PM
IT'S OOOOOOKAAAY

philfree
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Hermm wasn't making jokes at the half whenn he was interviewed. It was prettty obvious that he wasn't happy with his first stringers. He made no excuses and said that thhey have to play better. The look on his face was pretty intense and it caught me a little off guard to see him pissed.

PhilFree:arrow:

PastorMikH
08-24-2008, 03:46 PM
Actually, I think Herm may be one of those that takes care of issues with players behind the scenes instead of at the press conferences.

JuicesFlowing
08-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Ass chewing and coaching don't always add up.....just sayin'

I totally agree with you. That's actually why Herm doesn't lose his head on the sidelines ... it doesn't do any good in my opinion. You start making decisions based on emotions, and when you're pissed, that isn't good.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 04:53 PM
He doesn't get red faced like Shanahan
and that's why Herm will never win a Super Bowl /spider

CupidStunt
08-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Bill Walsh.

Tony Dungy.

To name a couple.

Throwing a Brian Billick-like temper tantrum when things go wrong doesn't really solve much - and tends to lose the respect of the players.

Belichick is the model. Walsh was good in the meeting rooms, and Dungy is nothing but a caretaker with minimal responsibility.

Belichick once said, in a very stern tone, "If you don't get it right, I can't put you in the game."

Something so simple, yet delivered so right. A pussy like Herm will never get that message across.

Hammock Parties
08-24-2008, 05:04 PM
Actually, I think Herm may be one of those that takes care of issues with players behind the scenes instead of at the press conferences.

That's exactly who he is.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 05:08 PM
Sapp is the only guy i can think of who acted up on game day
and he's gone -though that's not the only reason
and he hated PBJ

Bowser
08-24-2008, 05:11 PM

Honestly, I think players lose respect for coaches who scream constantly. I have a hard time believing these millionaire athletes buy into the ranting and raving three years later. And on the flip side, do these players really want to give their all for a head coach who doesn't cuss? Silly question, I know, but that's crossed my mind from time to time.

I think Jack Del Rio has a great balance of respect and discipline for his players, and they respond favorably (except Matt Jones, who snorts blow off of a hookers ass. Allegedly.).

Hammock Parties
08-24-2008, 05:12 PM
(except Matt Jones, who snorts blow off of a hookers ass. Allegedly.).

Hell, who wouldn't want to snort blow off a hooker's ass?

Besides KCJohnny.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 05:13 PM
Didn't they almost mutiny Gunn for taking the Lord's name in vain
seems like a couple of vets had a talk with him

Hammock Parties
08-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Didn't they almost mutiny Gunn for taking the Lord's name in vain
seems like a couple of vets had a talk with him

****ing Christians.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 05:18 PM
... it doesn't do any good in my opinion. You start making decisions based on emotions, and when you're pissed, that isn't good.

Honestly, I think players lose respect for coaches who scream constantly. I have a hard time believing these millionaire athletes buy into the ranting and raving three years later. And on the flip side, do these players really want to give their all for a head coach who doesn't cuss? Silly question, I know, but that's crossed my mind from time to time.

I think Jack Del Rio has a great balance of respect and discipline for his players, and they respond favorably (except Matt Jones, who snorts blow off of a hookers ass. Allegedly.).

Two excellent points.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 05:23 PM
It can be very affective to only cuss in limited circumstances
I don't posses that skill but have admired it

tk13
08-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Belichick is the model. Walsh was good in the meeting rooms, and Dungy is nothing but a caretaker with minimal responsibility.

Belichick once said, in a very stern tone, "If you don't get it right, I can't put you in the game."

Something so simple, yet delivered so right. A pussy like Herm will never get that message across.
I think that's a bit harsh towards Dungy. He did turn around a Buccaneers franchise that was considered a joke. He'll always be remembered as the Colts coach, and he did walk into a great situation, but he got that job because of the job he did in Tampa.