PDA

View Full Version : Football Leinart out, Warner in

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 02:13 PM
Warner expected to be named starter

Chris Mortensen, of ESPN.com, reports Arizona Cardinals (http://www.kffl.com/team/6/nfl) QB Kurt Warner (http://www.kffl.com/player/1765/nfl) is expected to be named the team's starting quarterback, according to a team source. QB Matt Leinart (http://www.kffl.com/player/11162/nfl)'s poor performance Saturday, Aug. 23, probably sealed the decision. The source said Leinart's performance in training camp has been uneven, and the team has concerns about his arm strength and accuracy.

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/91212/503

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 02:17 PM
As expected.

Whisenhunt looks like a retard for his comments that "Matt's our QB" in the offseason, but honestly, by no fault of his own.

Leinart didn't/hasn't lived up to the hype.

I'll eat crow. I thought he'd be the best QB of that 1st round group.

None of them have been worth the 3rd, 10th or 11th picks to date, however.

kstater
08-24-2008, 02:17 PM
Why are the Cardinals not giving him the time to live up to his potential? He was a 1st rounder after all.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Why are the Cardinals not giving him the time to live up to his potential? He was a 1st rounder after all.

I agree.

He's only had one full season of starts. (16)

I guess Cardinals management went to the Carl Peterson School of Developing Young Talent.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 02:21 PM
what's he going to cost

Stinger
08-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Anyone checked on Mecca he might be on the ledge.

cdcox
08-24-2008, 02:25 PM
None of them have been worth the 3rd, 10th or 11th picks to date, however.

Given he's only been out for 2 years, I don't see how you could want much more out of Cutler. He's still got some growing to do, but he's on track.

Basileus777
08-24-2008, 02:26 PM
Another USC disappointment. Winston Justice, Reggie Bush, Mike Williams, Dwayne Jarrett, Keary Colbert, Darnell Bing....

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-24-2008, 02:36 PM
Classic dumbassery from the Cardinals. Go with the 37 year old broken down QB over the young QB with 1st round talent who hasn't yet had a chance to actually display his skills.

This is beyond retarded, and Whisenhunt should be fired for his commitment to Martyocrity.

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Carson Palmer was pretty shitty his first 16 starts as well. So were...well every QB not named Marino or Brady (who were still shells of what they would become).

noa
08-24-2008, 02:39 PM
They should have just let Leinart start, and then when he gets injured after 2 games, it wouldn't have even been an issue.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Gotta keep 'em coming to the spaceship
with the lawn on wheels

Hootie
08-24-2008, 02:51 PM
If the Cardinals have a team that can win now, why start the young guy over the proven veteran who had a pretty good season last year?

The infatuation with playing someone strictly because it might work out in the future is stupid...why mortgage now for then when you play in a WEAK conference and you have a team capable of winning a division? You can't tell me a team with a good LT, two great WR's, a good veteran HB and a good veteran QB can't get hot and win a Super Bowl if a few lucky bounces go their way...

Warner > Leinart in terms of THIS year...

Whisenhunt is making the wise decision.

Hootie
08-24-2008, 02:53 PM
and you know what, the BEST thing that happened to Aaron Rodgers was riding the bench for three years...he is going to be a GREAT NFL QB because he got a chance to learn the ropes...

I will make any bet that Rodgers turns in a great season and the Packers win 10 games, at least...

Hootie
08-24-2008, 02:57 PM
27 TD's and 17 INT's...the young guys are a year older and they went 8-8 last year...

They are probably favorites to win that division this year...them or Seattle...why would you choose a guy that is fighting for his job and puts up a 4-12 3 INT performance in the third week of preseason?

Warner was a NO BRAINER.

RibKing67
08-24-2008, 02:59 PM
and you know what, the BEST thing that happened to Aaron Rodgers was riding the bench for three years...he is going to be a GREAT NFL QB because he got a chance to learn the ropes...

I will make any bet that Rodgers turns in a great season and the Packers win 10 games, at least...

Define great other than winning 10 games and I will make a bet with you.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
27 TD's and 17 INT's...the young guys are a year older and they went 8-8 last year...

They are probably favorites to win that division this year...them or Seattle...why would you choose a guy that is fighting for his job and puts up a 4-12 3 INT performance in the third week of preseason?

Warner was a NO BRAINER.

ROFL

Says the guy who was happy we wasted 8 starts on Huard...

Hootie
08-24-2008, 03:10 PM
ROFL

Says the guy who was happy we wasted 8 starts on Huard...

If Brodie started every game last season in that Solari offense, he'd be ruined...at least now he has a fighting chance, although it doesn't look too promising right now...

Hootie
08-24-2008, 03:10 PM
Define great other than winning 10 games and I will make a bet with you.

He will have a QB rating of at least 88...

Two QB's who I think will have GREAT statistical seasons...

Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning

the Talking Can
08-24-2008, 04:03 PM
ha ha

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 04:13 PM
The Cardinals are unbelievably retarded.

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 04:28 PM
WOW bad day for mecca, leinart out, espn just said bush was injured, and palmer told someone that he was a top 5 nfl qb and they broke his noseROFL

Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:45 PM
I think Carson Palmer is crazy overrated...

I think of him as the same caliber QB as Jay Cutler...both are pretty good, both have nice arms...both are inconsistent...

Manning
Brady
Romo
GAP
Brees
Favre

and then a whole bunch of 2nd tier guys like Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb, Matt Hasselbeck, etc...

SAUTO
08-24-2008, 04:45 PM

I think of him as the same caliber QB as Jay Cutler...both are pretty good, both have nice arms...both are inconsistent...

Manning
Brady
Romo
GAP
Brees
Favre

and then a whole bunch of 2nd tier guys like Carson Palmer, Donovan McNabb, Matt Hasselbeck, etc...

thanks hootie

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 04:47 PM

Manning
Brady
Romo
GAP
Brees
Favre

Romo still ****s up/chokes a lot - see last game's red zone pick for the latest example.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Damn Mecca
that was just cold

RibKing67
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM

Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning

I dont like the QB rating number to define a QB but I will go with it for the sake of argument.

Lets bump the over under to 90 and say the bet to be hummmmm I dunno... a slab of ribs?

I know you live in IL but in the event I win you can send cash and in the event I lose I will send you a slab direct from Jack Stack. I believe they do that type of shipping.

What say you?

Midnight_Vulture
08-24-2008, 04:50 PM
http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk399/Niblet2008/Leinhart.jpg

ROFL:thumb:

RibKing67
08-24-2008, 04:51 PM

What kind of bike does Matt Ride?

Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:55 PM
Romo still ****s up/chokes a lot - see last game's red zone pick for the latest example.

I watched the entire Giants/Cowboys game...and Romo was the ONLY player to show up...dude, the Giants shut down the FRIGGIN' Patriots...Romo had the dagger delivered to Crayton to go up 28-17 after he made a beautiful scramble and improvised throw and Crayton flat out dropped an easy catch that would have gone for 6...and then no one blocked...

and the red zone pick happened on the last play of the game...on the 25 yard line...you expected him to throw a TD there?

That's like expecting Brady to march down the field from the 20 in 15 seconds in the Super Bowl to win...

Makes no sense.

Romo didn't choke if you watched that game...if you want to call that botched snap a few years ago on that FG try choking, sure, that can be considered a choke I guess but what the hell is he doing out there anyways? I think it's dumb to have your starting QB be your placeholder...

Joe Seahawk
08-24-2008, 04:56 PM
http://www.painetworks.com/photos/13/130178.JPG

Hootie
08-24-2008, 04:57 PM
I dont like the QB rating number to define a QB but I will go with it for the sake of argument.

Lets bump the over under to 90 and say the bet to be hummmmm I dunno... a slab of ribs?

I know you live in IL but in the event I win you can send cash and in the event I lose I will send you a slab direct from Jack Stack. I believe they do that type of shipping.

What say you?

I'm a welcher, haven't you heard?

the Talking Can
08-24-2008, 04:59 PM

matt can tell you how bandana guy's ass tastes....

RibKing67
08-24-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm a welcher, haven't you heard?

No I guess I have not heard that about you. I am still a n00b though so according to alot on this here board there is alot I dont know.

Ultra Peanut
08-24-2008, 05:00 PM
http://i309.photobucket.com/albums/kk399/Niblet2008/Leinhart.jpgWow, he looks like almost as much of a douchebag as you.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2008, 05:01 PM

Aaron Rodgers
Eli Manning

I don't think any QB will have a great stat season playing 8 games a year in Giants Stadium.

With the way that stadium is designed, it's a nightmare throwing the ball on a moderately windy day.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Wow, he looks like almost as much of a douchebag as you.

Matt's bitches are much higher quality.

OnTheWarpath15
08-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Wow, he looks like almost as much of a douchebag as you.

ROFL

Rep.

blueballs
08-24-2008, 05:04 PM
are those vest like airbags for the chronically challenged
that chew gum - walk and drink 3.2 at the same time

The Bad Guy
08-24-2008, 05:06 PM

Manning
Brady
Romo
GAP
Brees
Favre

After Brees there is a huge gap. Brees is a fantastic QB. Distributes the ball well, always finds the open guy.

He is super underrated.

I said this last night about Palmer: If you've had him on your fantasy team, you know how frustrating he can be. He has all the tools to be great, but can never get over the hump.

I'd put the QB class this way:

Brady, Manning, Romo, Brees, Big Ben, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Favre, McNabb, Eli.

The Bad Guy
08-24-2008, 05:07 PM

There is no way I believe you aren't a made up SN by someone on here.

Braincase
08-24-2008, 05:51 PM

Midnight Vulture, back row, second from left.

Hootie
08-24-2008, 06:56 PM
I don't think any QB will have a great stat season playing 8 games a year in Giants Stadium.

With the way that stadium is designed, it's a nightmare throwing the ball on a moderately windy day.

Perhaps...maybe you are right.

I am basing this off of the fact he's ultra talented and he has the monkey off his back (the New York media)...so I think he's going to build off of their improbable Super Bowl run and become the next big time QB in the NFL...not as good as Peyton, but definitely among the elite.

Hootie
08-24-2008, 07:00 PM
After Brees there is a huge gap. Brees is a fantastic QB. Distributes the ball well, always finds the open guy.

He is super underrated.

I said this last night about Palmer: If you've had him on your fantasy team, you know how frustrating he can be. He has all the tools to be great, but can never get over the hump.

I'd put the QB class this way:

Brady, Manning, Romo, Brees, Big Ben, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Favre, McNabb, Eli.

Well...I totally agree with you. Of course, I think Manning is better than Tom Brady but in terms of who you have listed, I don't disagree one bit.

I think McNabb is super underrated as well...he's actually quite a good pocket passer...

I think after Brees though Ben, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Favre, McNabb, Eli, Cutler, Rivers are all capable of having 'Drew Brees' caliber games they just aren't consistent.

Favre is one guy I have bashed over the years who I truly think is a great player but one of the most overrated player in any sport...he's always been a good QB but he has hurt his team in key spots time and time again the last decade...that's why the Packers aren't going to have much of a letdown with Rodgers...

I think Rodgers is going to be the next 'guy'...in terms of Madden, I think he can be a '94' QB real quick...

Mecca
08-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm not surprised, he didn't play well so this is what happens.....of course now they have a QB on their bench that has a 50 million dollar contract with an old starter...this puts them in a rough spot..

What do you do? Draft another QB and have 100 million dollars in QB's or do you give it to Leinart after basically going "man you suck", not really a fun spot to be in. Especially considering starting Warner probably won't get them much more if anything.

Hootie
08-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm not surprised, he didn't play well so this is what happens.....of course now they have a QB on their bench that has a 50 million dollar contract with an old starter...this puts them in a rough spot..

What do you do? Draft another QB and have 100 million dollars in QB's or do you give it to Leinart after basically going "man you suck", not really a fun spot to be in. Especially considering starting Warner probably won't get them much more if anything.

Which is why I'm not a fan of the 1st round QB...it's too risky and can set a franchise back 5 years...

You can find starters in the LATE 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round etc...let them develop a la Aaron Rodgers behind a Kurt Warner or Jeff Garcia and not have that $50M problem wasting away on your bench...

Draft guys like Dorsey, Joe Thomas, you know, guys like that top 5 with a low bust rate...look what Thomas and the Browns did this year with DEREK Anderson...it starts in the trenches...guys like Leinart, Carr, Harrington, Boller, etc. etc. etc. are always going to fail without pieces around them...

If there is a Peyton Manning prospect sitting up front, sure, take him...but Alex Smith? Just because he's the best QB of his class doesn't mean he's #1 pick material...

I hate the idea of a top 10 QB...too much risk and it can kill a franchise for a half decade...

Would I love a Peyton Manning? Hell yeah...would I be ok with a Jeff Garcia EVERY year? Yes...because put Jeff Garcia on the Patriots and Tom Brady on the Chiefs and the Patriots are still a top 2 AFC team...

Mecca
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
You have to take risks to be a championship team....their in many ways bringing it upon themselves, they are not a win now team acting like they are.

teedubya
08-24-2008, 07:20 PM
Midnight Vulture, back row, second from left.

It looks like he has PUNK BITCH written on his stomach.

Hootie
08-24-2008, 07:21 PM
risks are fine but I'm sorry, Matt Ryan is so unappealing I'm glad he went before us...

I can't remember the last QB drafted I actually liked...Eli, only because of his makeup...mentally he was tough enough to make it in New York.

I think Cutler is going to turn out to be pretty good..and the Broncos took him at #11 I think so his contract isn't ridiculous...friggin' Ryan makes more than Tom Brady.

It's insane.

I like what the Packers did...that wasn't their plan, but I'm telling you, barring injury Aaron Rodgers is going to be a top 10 QB this year...and if he's top 5 I, personally, won't be shocked.

Mecca
08-24-2008, 07:25 PM
I liked Roethlisberger he was the last QB I was really sure on, Ryan to me will be like Matt Hasselbeck which anymore may be worth that pick since finding QB's is so difficult.

Hootie
08-24-2008, 07:27 PM
I liked Roethlisberger he was the last QB I was really sure on, Ryan to me will be like Matt Hasselbeck which anymore may be worth that pick since finding QB's is so difficult.

Yep, Roethlisberger was a good one...I liked his swagger from day 1...

You can have all the skills in the world, but to be a GREAT NFL QB, you have to walk around thinking you have a 10" dick...that's why Tom Brady is so good...

Swagger is just as important as arm strength.

88TG88
08-24-2008, 07:57 PM
Looks like they're gonna suck for the foreseeable future.

Mecca
08-24-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm honestly wondering what's going on with that coach...he keeps starting the vet QB....Anquan Boldin said he wanted out because of the coach sticking his nose in his business..

This is probably going to end very badly.

Braincase
08-24-2008, 09:16 PM
It looks like he has PUNK BITCH written on his stomach.

He got that tat in prison. Every cell block got to do one letter. Madonna's tighter than his ass, and she rode Dennis Rodman.

Mecca
08-25-2008, 01:52 AM
So here's what we got...

• Threw for 200 yards or more in eight of his first 11 starts in 2006; completed 60% or more of his passes in five of his final six starts.
• In 2006, became the first Cardinals quarterback since Jake Plummer in 2001 to have three games in a season with a 100+ quarterback rating (all were in his final six starts of ’06).
• Became the first rookie in NFL history to throw for over 400 yards in a game when he passed for 405 at Minnesota on 11/26/06. The previous league record belonged to Plummer who threw for 388 yards against the New York Giants on 11/16/97.
• Leinart's 2,547 yards passing in 2006 also broke Plummer's franchise rookie record of 2,203 yards, set in 1997.
• Became first QB in NFL history to throw two TD passes in the first quarter of each of his first two games when he did it vs. Kansas City and Chicago.

Now if Croyle did any of that people here would jizz their pants, I wonder what the correlation here is that with Green he looked fine and with Whisenhunt he doesn't....not to mention Boldin flat doesn't like him and mentioned him as a main reason for wanting out and after he left Roethlisberger publicly stated they didn't have a good relationship..

I don't see his time in Arizona ending well..

'Hamas' Jenkins
08-25-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm honestly wondering what's going on with that coach...he keeps starting the vet QB....Anquan Boldin said he wanted out because of the coach sticking his nose in his business..

This is probably going to end very badly.

He is part of the Marty tree...are you that surprised.

Marty begat the Chin who begat this piece of trash.

Mecca
08-25-2008, 02:16 AM
He is part of the Marty tree...are you that surprised.

Marty begat the Chin who begat this piece of trash.

When Pitt played them last year Roethlisberger wouldn't even shake his hand...I personally don't think they should have fired Dennis Green no one is turning Arizona completely around in 3 years but I thought he was doing a good job.

What Whisenhunt has done is completely stupid he's created a situation where the fans will always call for the other QB, where the QB's can't just play because they're always looking over their shoulder if they do anything wrong.

The Giants showed how to handle a QB situation the way the Cardinals are handling this one is asinine.