PDA

View Full Version : Movies and TV Which is the best Monty Python movie?

RealSNR
08-26-2008, 12:37 AM
Choose carefully

Hammock Parties
08-26-2008, 12:39 AM
What is the air speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

FAX
08-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Best in what way? Production value? Length? Calories?

FAX

Frazod
08-26-2008, 12:51 AM
You forgot And Now For Something Completely Different.

FAIL.

RealSNR
08-26-2008, 12:52 AM
You forgot And Now For Something Completely Different.

FAIL.Are you saying that's their best movie?

Didn't think so.

I didn't include "Life of Python" in the list either

RealSNR
08-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Best in what way? Production value? Length? Calories?

FAXYou can only choose one movie to watch the rest of your life and it's one of these three. Pick one.

ChiefJustice
08-26-2008, 12:56 AM
This thread was over before it began...NI

Frazod
08-26-2008, 12:57 AM
Are you saying that's their best movie?

Didn't think so.

I didn't include "Life of Python" in the list either

I'd say it's better than Life of Brian or Meaning of Life. In any event, it should have been listed.

RealSNR
08-26-2008, 01:04 AM
I'd say it's better than Life of Brian or Meaning of Life. In any event, it should have been listed.BZZZT! WRONG!

Life of Brian is the best movie ever made. Thanks for playing, though.

Hammock Parties
08-26-2008, 01:05 AM
The best thing about Holy Grail is that I still feel ripped off when it ends. It has stood the test of time.

Third Eye
08-26-2008, 01:33 AM
While Life of Brian just might have the best humor, I had to vote for The Holy Grail for reasons of nostalgia.

Bit of trivia: did you know that sales of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon helped fund Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Jawshco
08-26-2008, 01:46 AM
BZZZT! WRONG!

Life of Brian is the best movie ever made. Thanks for playing, though.

I don't about the best movie ever made, but certainly it's the best Python movie. In fact, it's probably the only actual "movie" they made. The rest (including the Holy Grail) were just skits that were stitched together. Life of Brian was definitely the only cohesive story the Python's ever wrote together. I hate how people misunderstand it and say it's blasphemous. The point of the movie is basically that a lot of people are stupid, and are easily mislead. That's not blasphemous, that's the truth. Brian isn't trying to be Jesus, he's just caught in an awful mess...but does he whine about it? Nope, he always looks on the bright side of life. LOL! On a side note, I could have definitely gone my whole life without seeing the full frontal nudity of Graham Chapman (And while I'm on the topic-Tim Blake Nelson too, although that's a completely different movie).

ChiefJustice
08-26-2008, 01:50 AM
I don't about the best movie ever made, but certainly it's the best Python movie. In fact, it's probably the only actual "movie" they made. The rest (including the Holy Grail) were just skits that were stitched together. Life of Brian was definitely the only cohesive story the Python's ever wrote together. I hate how people misunderstand it and say it's blasphemous. The point of the movie is basically that a lot of people are stupid, and are easily mislead. That's not blasphemous, that's the truth. Brian isn't trying to be Jesus, he's just caught in an awful mess...but does he whine about it? Nope, he always looks on the bright side of life. LOL! On a side note, I could have definitely gone my whole life without seeing the full frontal nudity of Graham Chapman (And while I'm on the topic-Tim Blake Nelson too, although that's a completely different movie).

I fart in your general direction.

ClevelandBronco
08-26-2008, 02:16 AM
For me, "Life of Brian," hands down.

Graham Chapman was born to play that role.

And for any fellow Christians who may have been offended, ask Jesus for a sense of humor.

triple
08-26-2008, 04:18 AM
it is definitely not Meaning of Life.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2008, 05:31 AM
No Time Bandits??

Bob Dole
08-26-2008, 05:34 AM
No Time Bandits??

Time Bandits, while written by Palin and Gilliam, ain't no Monty Python movie.

Saulbadguy
08-26-2008, 05:45 AM
For whatever reason, I love meaning of life the most.

FAX
08-26-2008, 06:03 AM
For me, "Life of Brian," hands down.

Graham Chapman was born to play that role.

And for any fellow Christians who may have been offended, ask Jesus for a sense of humor.

Have you ever seen the video of Chapman's memorial service, Mr. ClevelandBronco? If not, it's worth a look. I'm quite certain you can google it and find it on youtube. John Cleese's eulogy is wonderful.

FAX

RealSNR
08-26-2008, 09:54 AM
No Time Bandits??A Fish Called Wanda is not a Python movie. Neither is Time Bandits.

Rausch
08-26-2008, 09:57 AM
A Fish Called Wanda is not a Python movie. Neither is Time Bandits.

Even though Time Bandits easily beats them all...

morphius
08-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Even though Time Bandits easily beats them all...
I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Rausch
08-26-2008, 10:03 AM
I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Still do.

Don't like Holy Grail now though. Now nor even then.

Did like Meaning of Life...

kc rush
08-26-2008, 10:13 AM
Life of Brian.

Catholic school warped me.

chagrin
08-26-2008, 10:28 AM
Hoyl Grail, no comparison - however IMO Life Of Brian is a close 2nd.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2008, 10:42 AM
A Fish Called Wanda is not a Python movie. Neither is Time Bandits.

I know...it was just a joke.

How about Fierce Creatures??? Remember that one?? LOL

morphius
08-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Still do.

Don't like Holy Grail now though. Now nor even then.

Did like Meaning of Life...
there are some funny lines in the holy grail, but they are more funny when someone else says them. I've never seen the movie all the way through.

RealSNR
08-26-2008, 11:00 AM
there are some funny lines in the holy grail, but they are more funny when someone else says them. I've never seen the movie all the way through.Yes. I can't stand it when people mess up the witch trial exchange when they try to quote it. It's embarassing.

Donger
08-26-2008, 11:04 AM
None of them. They are all silly.

Hydrae
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
Life of Brian is my favorite movie of all time. I don't think it has anything to do with seeing it 2 1/2 times straight through at the theatre while on acid. :)

Follow the gourd!

HolyHandgernade
08-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Life of Brian for the storyline.

Holy Grail for the quotes!

-HH

QuikSsurfer
08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Great thread.

Life of Brian

"If you wanna be in the People's Front of Judea, you've got to REAAALLLLY hate the Romans"

QuikSsurfer
08-26-2008, 01:10 PM
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elder berries"

Rain Man
08-26-2008, 01:30 PM
there are some funny lines in the holy grail, but they are more funny when someone else says them. I've never seen the movie all the way through.

I was a little embarrassed about it, but I admit that I have never seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail. I've seen a couple of clips of the knight with the flesh wound, but that's it.

It's not that I don't want to see it. I've just never seen it on TV anywhere or on Pay Per View, and I've never really been the type to rent movies.

Oh, and by the way, The Life of Brian is a great movie, and I can't figure out why anyone would pick The Meaning of Life. It was pretty awful.

NoLurkerNoMore
08-26-2008, 01:33 PM
I think Life of Brian is the best. Didn't like the Meaning of Life and the Holy Grail was alright.

JBucc
08-26-2008, 01:44 PM
Life of Brian. For years I had heard my friends talk about and quote shit from Holy Grail, and it sounded hilarious. Then when I watched it it just wasn't as funny.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2008, 02:50 PM
I can't figure out why anyone would pick The Meaning of Life. It was pretty awful.

Meaning of Life has that nasty scene with the obese guy throwing up everywhere. Disgusting. Why would anyone find that funny???

RealSNR
08-26-2008, 02:53 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Erthun0Pauc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Erthun0Pauc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

OW! LAY OFF, WE HAVEN'T STARTED YET!

StcChief
08-26-2008, 03:09 PM
Holy Grail
Life of Brain - very close 2nd....... after that forget it.

crazycoffey
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
life's a piece of shit, when you look at it.....

kcfanintitanhell
08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Life of Brian is my favorite movie of all time. I don't think it has anything to do with seeing it 2 1/2 times straight through at the theatre while on acid. :)

Follow the gourd!

After reading through the posts following yours, I'm kinda surprised that no one bothered to ask you why it wasn't just 2 times, or 3 times?

HC_Chief
08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elder berries"

"I fart in your general direction."

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

|Zach|
08-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Life of Brian. Far and away.

chasedude
08-26-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm not a roman mum, I'm a kike, a yid, a heebie, a hook-nose, I'm kosher mum, I'm a Red Sea pedestrian, and proud of it!

LMAO Life of Brian!!

Hydrae
08-26-2008, 04:44 PM
After reading through the posts following yours, I'm kinda surprised that no one bothered to ask you why it wasn't just 2 times, or 3 times?

Went in half way through the movie. Then sat through two more showings. Only paid for the one too! :)

Blessed are the Cheesemakers

I'm Brian and so is my wife!

Rasputin
08-26-2008, 04:54 PM
NI I'll bite yer leg off!

Otter
08-26-2008, 05:01 PM
Have you ever seen the video of Chapman's memorial service, Mr. ClevelandBronco? If not, it's worth a look. I'm quite certain you can google it and find it on youtube. John Cleese's eulogy is wonderful.

FAX

I remember watching a special on PBS about the lives of each of the Monty Python character outside their film careers. The memorial service was a small segment in the documentary. Chapman was apparently quiet the party animal.

Reminded me of a gay Charlie Harper (Two and Half Men).

Donger
08-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Some of my earliest memories are of my father laughing his ass off watching Python on TV in England. The funny part is that my mother thought it was stupid and would just sit there rolling her eyes.

Otter
08-26-2008, 05:14 PM
My favorite Monty Python Flying Circus skit. Donger you might get a kick out of this one.

Hitler riding around on a bike with a phonograph strapped to the back trying to spread propaganda post WWII is priceless.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sVxM5IBLeU4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>