PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Went to the Chiefs Kick Off Luncheon Today

Marcellus
08-26-2008, 05:23 PM
I went to the Chiefs kick off luncheon today at the Hyatt Regency. This is my second year going, the last time was Vermiel's last season. I knew most players on the roster back then, today it was hard to pick out anybody other than the veteran players everybody knows.

I met Herm and shook his hand and got a picture. I have to say he is a truly nice guy. That doesn't mean I won't be screaming about him by week 2.

We sat at a table with Jackie Battle, another good guy. He told us that right after they introduced the players BArth and Novak left the luncheon (Feely was not there) to go kick and the results were going to determine who got cut today. I thought that was interesting. While we were eating lunch 2 guys were kicking hoping to keep a job.

Brad Cottam is one tall dude. I asked if he was playing this week and he said he didn't know yet he was going to talk to the Dr after the lunch.

Sippio was getting major love from fans, too bad he won't be on the team in 7 days. He pratically got mobbed. I was suprised that he looked much bigger than Bowe.

Croyle just doesn't look like a NFL QB. I am rooting for him don't get me wrong but if you saw him on the street you would never guess he was a NFL QB. He was pretty casual with everyone though, he spent a lot of time signing autographs and taking pics. Gonzalez left so fast he was almost a blurr.

Not a lot more to say, they had a 2:30 practice which sucked because the players didn't hang around long.

If you ever have a chance to go to one of these, I recommend it. It's a good time.

Deberg_1990
08-26-2008, 05:25 PM
Croyle just doesn't look like a NFL QB.

Unfortunately he doesnt play like one either.

Thanks for the update!

Mecca
08-26-2008, 05:26 PM
Are you saying that Brodie Croyle looks like an anorexic high school kid that hasn't remotely grown into his body.......that's what I think when I see him.

Shootr
08-26-2008, 05:33 PM
I went today, also. Brandon Carr was at our table. Seems like a good kid. Very soft spoken and humble.

This was my fourth year in a row going. It was very interesting to hear how toned down the expectations were this year (with good reason). Previous years it was all "Rah, Rah, we're going to the Superbowl..blah,blah,blah". The tone was definitely different, it was more "Please be patient with these young players as we build for the future".

Overall, the luncheons are a little cheesy, but I still enjoy them. It is a good chance to pretty much meet any player or coach you want to.

Skip Towne
08-26-2008, 05:41 PM
What was for lunch today?

TEX
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
Unfortunately he doesnt play like one either.

Thanks for the update!

Yep.

OnTheWarpath15
08-26-2008, 05:42 PM
What was for lunch today?

Freshly carved kicker...

Bowser
08-26-2008, 05:45 PM
Freshly carved kicker...

That left a shitty taste in everyone's mouth.

FAX
08-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Man. I would love to attend one of these.

FAX

Farzin
08-26-2008, 05:55 PM
Never heard about this. Sounds like you had fun.

Marcellus
08-26-2008, 06:08 PM
It is fun. A good chance to meet the players as well as coaches and radio people. We also talked to Bill Grigsby for quite a while. He told us a story about signing some womans breast one time. Said his hands were shaking so bad he thought he must have written all over her. He is a bit of a fiesty old guy.

I didn't get many autographs. I got Herm, Sippio, Cottam, Battle, and Grigsby's on a football I brought. Turk McBride sat at the table next to us but I didn't meet him.

My buddy got Croyle, Dorsey,Albert, DJ, Bowe, and several other autographs. He is a bit more agressive than I am.

My sister inlaw brought a full size helmet and got Herm,Croyle, Sippio, and several others on it.

I am not big on getting autographs but while your there you may as well.

pr_capone
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
I didn't get many autographs. I got Herm, Sippio, Cottam, Battle, and Grigsby's on a football I brought. Turk McBride sat at the table next to us but I didn't meet him.

Dunno how you pulled that one off but mighty impressive. :D

Marcellus
08-26-2008, 06:16 PM
Here is a link to video. You will love how Herm describes what the season is going to be like.

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=2117598

Marcellus
08-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Dunno how you pulled that one off but mighty impressive. :D

Bill Grigsby the old radio announcer, not Boomer. :p

Demonpenz
08-26-2008, 06:18 PM
What is it with that hotel and disasters

pr_capone
08-26-2008, 06:19 PM
Bill Brigsby the old radio announcer, not Boomer. :p

LMFAO

Check what you typed.

How does one get an invite to these types of lunches? Or is it a pay for a plate/seat type event?

Marcellus
08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
LMFAO

Check what you typed.

How does one get an invite to these types of lunches? Or is it a pay for a plate/seat type event?

I guess I got carried away with the B's.

A friend mine knows a Red Coater and gets the tickets from her. It's about $45 a plate for the second tier tables (non big names) so it's very affordable if you can get ahold of the tickets.

Rain Man
08-26-2008, 06:26 PM
I want to go to one of these. I wonder if they ever hold it in Denver.

Marcellus
08-26-2008, 06:27 PM
I want to go to one of these. I wonder if they ever hold it in Denver.

I am sure there is one in Denver but the only way you should attend is as a suicide bomber.

FAX
08-26-2008, 06:31 PM
Here is a link to video. You will love how Herm describes what the season is going to be like.

http://videos.kansascity.com/vmix_hosted_apps/p/media?id=2117598

Um .... Herm just equated this season to a horrible car wreck.

FAX