PDA

View Full Version : Royals Jose Guillen almost pulls a Milton Bradley

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 05:28 PM
http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/content/printer_friendly/kc/y2008/m08/d27/c3374050.jsp

Guillen exchanges words with fan
08/27/2008 12:30 AM ET
By Dick Kaegel / MLB.com

KANSAS CITY -- Royals right fielder Jose Guillen was in the middle of a brief exchange with a fan after the fourth inning of Tuesday night's game against the Rangers.

The fan, sitting behind first base, apparently got on Guillen after he hit a liner off the left-field wall and stopped with a single in the second inning and again after he flied out in the fourth.

"I understand who I am and the money that I'm making. I understand that I'm hitting .250 and the fans are expecting a lot more than they're seeing," Guillen said.

"But sometimes they don't know what I'm going through and all that stuff. Just like when I got that hit to left field, I got there and the guy started jumping on me and saying all kind of stuff like 'Why didn't you make it to second?' I hit the ball hard, the guy made a nice play and I had no chance to make it."

Teammates interceded during the exchange and the incident was over quickly.

"He said something personal about my family and I don't deal with that. He can say whatever he wants to say but if you just say the magic words about somebody that's close to you, that's enough right there," Guillen said.

Supposedly people around the fan that got kicked out, said he didn't curse and kept pushing Guillen to hustle. Rumors are he said "my daughter can out run you!"...

I saw it on tv earlier and he was ready to walk up to the fan and the guy was shooing him away and then Gathright held him back...

Don't know what to think, but makes me wonder if Guillen will be out of here in the offseason?! Dayton really hasn't said much of it, just saying he has to be a pro etc...

KCUnited
08-27-2008, 05:34 PM
I saw it last night on TV, whatever, if you want to shout at a player or anyone else for that matter, you better be ready when they come to beat your ass. That being said, I can't believe I'm still watching this crap.

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 05:36 PM
The other guy was 6'4 and they pulled him on the concourse where he latter recieved free tickets after fans around him complained that he didn't do anything wrong. He is going to be right back out there tonight

Nightfyre
08-27-2008, 05:41 PM
"I understand who I am and the money that I'm making. I understand that I'm hitting .250 and the fans are expecting a lot more than they're seeing," Guillen said.

"But sometimes they don't know what I'm going through and all that stuff. Just like when I got that hit to left field, I got there and the guy started jumping on me and saying all kind of stuff like 'Why didn't you make it to second?' I hit the ball hard, the guy made a nice play and I had no chance to make it."

Guillen needs to grow up. Maybe it's just because it's a pet peeve of mine, but don't ****ing make lame ass excuses. Sack up and step up. Seriously take some ****ing responsibility for yourself. And to say "Well he had it comin' for talkin' 'bout my family." Jesus, are we in fourth grade? Like I said, immaturity and irresponsibility are huge pet peeves of mine; so Guillen annoys me just about as much as anyone can.

DeezNutz
08-27-2008, 05:46 PM
The guy and his sister were on the radio today, and apparently he never said anything about Jose's family. According to the fan, he said, "My daughter runs harder/faster (don't remember which) than you."

Sounds like Guillen heard the word "daughter" and flipped out, which makes this word very sign worthy for anyone continuing to go out to the K.

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Guillen just needs to not worry about fans at all...its part of the damn territory to take grief and shit. Doesn't mean its right but hey, i'll take millions of dollars to take a little shit. Hell Barry didn't attack a fan or try to go after one for everything he gets said to him. Just brush it off, you're paid millions and everyone has balls in the seats apparently. I myself have said things to players but nothing to insult family, friends whatever, it's usually at their play or themselves.

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 05:57 PM
I saw it last night on TV, whatever, if you want to shout at a player or anyone else for that matter, you better be ready when they come to beat your ass. That being said, I can't believe I'm still watching this crap.

I'll gladly take the asswhooping for $$$ if they are that stupid to go after someone

Valiant
08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Theres no crying in baseball...

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 06:00 PM
Guillen needs to grow up. Maybe it's just because it's a pet peeve of mine, but don't ****ing make lame ass excuses. Sack up and step up. Seriously take some ****ing responsibility for yourself. And to say "Well he had it comin' for talkin' 'bout my family." Jesus, are we in fourth grade? Like I said, immaturity and irresponsibility are huge pet peeves of mine; so Guillen annoys me just about as much as anyone can.

If i were that fan i'd show up in a Guillen jersey shirt and say the same shit i did before..

Imagine the shit hurled at chiefs playersROFL

SAUTO
08-27-2008, 06:27 PM
how can jose come back next year? with the youth on this team he's a cancer thats growing

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Also, Trey didn't know it was happening cause he was in the shitter LMAO, I'm serious

rtmike
08-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Shouldn't surprise me in today's day and age someone there caught it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vlCf-bz2X4

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 06:57 PM
Shouldn't surprise me in today's day and age someone there caught it on video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vlCf-bz2X4
Sounds like they were egging him on in that one...and laughing about it, **** those fans anyway

Deberg_1990
08-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Call me a traditionalist, but I miss the glory days when our fans used to egg on the opponents instead of the home team.

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Call me a traditionalist, but I miss the glory days when our fans used to egg on the opponents instead of the home team.

No shit...but our team is pretty damn bad, and they boo and heckle our best offensive threat

Deberg_1990
08-27-2008, 07:17 PM
No shit...but our team is pretty damn bad, and they boo and heckle our best offensive threat

Yea, its just frustration and boredom more than anything on the fans part.

A sad commentary on the state of this franchise.

beavis
08-27-2008, 08:43 PM
Yea, its just frustration and boredom more than anything on the fans part.

A sad commentary on the state of this franchise.

Funny that you disregard the fact that we are paying a guy $12 million a year to dog it down to first, then blame the fans.

I can't believe we have two more years of this a-hole.

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 08:47 PM
haha what a duechebag cry baby. I predicted this would happen action for action. He does this same shit every year. I thought maybe he would learn his lesson. Right after that first tirade I told everyone. Wait till he tries to beat a fans ass. He has done it every where he has went, why stop now. Fools pay him.

Sure-Oz
08-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Royals lose again, bannister drops a pop up to him and they score the winning run...would've been the 3rd out....

This team makes the chiefs last pre-season game look like their ready for the SB

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=185291&highlight=Jose+guillen&page=7

post 258

05-29-08

guillen's comments needed to be said, but he is also the kind of player that will just loaf. Don't be surprise if fans love him after the outburst but then later on punches a fan or swings a bat at an umpire. Either way I guess it is entertainment

Demonpenz
08-27-2008, 08:54 PM
That queer's talked shit about the royals being babies and he can't even handle himself daily without crying

irishjayhawk
08-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Royals lose again, bannister drops a pop up to him and they score the winning run...would've been the 3rd out....

This team makes the chiefs last pre-season game look like their ready for the SB

Bannister blows.

BWillie
08-27-2008, 10:06 PM
The other guy was 6'4 and they pulled him on the concourse where he latter recieved free tickets after fans around him complained that he didn't do anything wrong. He is going to be right back out there tonight

Yeah, he was there again. I even talked to him. Our seats were literally the first row behind the first base where you can put your beer on the dugout. He came down and talked to somebody he knew right behind me, and he just yelled "GUIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLEEEEEEENNNNN" and laughed and went back to his seat. They said he didn't really say anything about Jose's family or ethnicity, Jose just freaked out.

Mama Hip Rockets
08-27-2008, 10:44 PM
"I hit the ball hard, the guy made a nice play and I had no chance to make it."

well that's cause you're a slow, lazy asshole.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2008, 09:24 AM
Funny that you disregard the fact that we are paying a guy $12 million a year to dog it down to first, then blame the fans.

I can't believe we have two more years of this a-hole.

Look, im not saying hes perfect, but hes just an easy scapegoat for frustrated fans.

There are are few other turds on that team that deserve to be called out more than Guillen. Teahan, Bannister, Buck, Gload, Gordon etc...

The whole team sucks.

Hootie
08-28-2008, 09:28 AM
he has no trade value...he's making $12M and he has an OBP of under .300, easily...that's sick.

The only way he gets traded is if the Royals eat some of the outrageous salary he is paid.

+1 for Meche...-2 for Guillen.

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Guillen doesn't even play hard. Atleast those other turds try. While Gload is busting his as swatting balls away that would be homeruns. Guillen is climbing walls trying to swat fans

gblowfish
08-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Let's look at this objectively:

He's the highest paid player on the team.

He does not hustle. Ever.

The team is 19 games under .500, 20 games out of first place, 8 games out of tying Detroit for last. They have a legit chance to lose 100 games again this year.

He should expect the fans to be upset.

I blame Hillman and Dayton Moore for putting up with his crap. They knew he was a head case when they picked him up.

Not only that, but name one player besides Aviles and Soria who has performed above expectations this year.....

Hard to say, ain't it?

Brand new year.

Same old crap.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2008, 10:13 AM
I blame Hillman and Dayton Moore for putting up with his crap. They knew he was a head case when they picked him up.

They pretty much had to. He was the biggest bat available wasnt he after Tori Hunter spurned us?

Guillen's HR and RBI numbers this year are right on pace with his career averages.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
We tried to sign Hunter and i believe LA offered a year more or something....Daytons Idea was to land Hunter, Guillen and Andruw Jones or 2 of the 3. I think he still can be an asset to this team, but he can't pull this shit. We need talent around him, he isn't a true #4 hitter anyway. More like a #5 or 6 on a good team

Deberg_1990
08-28-2008, 01:10 PM
I think he still can be an asset to this team, but he can't pull this shit. We need talent around him, he isn't a true #4 hitter anyway. More like a #5 or 6 on a good team

I agree. Ironically, Guillen is having a similiar year to Hunter. He has more RBI's, but his average is lower.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2008, 01:12 PM
I agree. Ironically, Guillen is having a similiar year to Hunter. He has more RBI's, but his average is lower.

I could see him having a higher avg. and more patience at the plate if he had any help around him or was a compliment to another hitter. There is really no one on this team that represents a solid MLB hitter except for Aviles at the end of the year and Dejesus

Deberg_1990
08-28-2008, 01:17 PM
I could see him having a higher avg. and more patience at the plate if he had any help around him or was a compliment to another hitter. There is really no one on this team that represents a solid MLB hitter except for Aviles at the end of the year and Dejesus

Yea i agree. It could be alot worse. At least hes not Andrew Jones.

petegz28
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
The hit bounced off the wall straight to the outfielder. Had Guillen gone to 2nd he would of been shot by a mile. Gathright would of been shot by a mile the bounce was so good.

The media has done its job in making Guillen a bad guy to uninformed fans I guess.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2008, 01:40 PM
The hit bounced off the wall straight to the outfielder. Had Guillen gone to 2nd he would of been shot by a mile. Gathright would of been shot by a mile the bounce was so good.

The media has done its job in making Guillen a bad guy to uninformed fans I guess.

I saw that play as well, the media loves to run with shit, but honestly the Royals have not disciplined him either on anything.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Yea i agree. It could be alot worse. At least hes not Andrew Jones.

Im suprised he wasn't our Juan Gone part 2

Deberg_1990
08-28-2008, 01:46 PM

Yea, everybody loves a scapegoat i guess.

I mentioned it earlier, there are far more deserving targets of frustration than Guillen. But the fans know its easy to get under this guys skin, so i understand why they do it.

whatsmynameagain
08-28-2008, 01:48 PM
dont call me daughter.......Posted via Mobile Device

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 01:50 PM
The fan was the one making a big deal about him not running. I don't think the media has ever said a peep about the actual play.

DeezNutz
08-28-2008, 01:52 PM
According to some people who were at the game, the fan was referring to Guillen as "boy."

Petro talked about this at the open of his show.

petegz28
08-28-2008, 01:59 PM
The fan was the one making a big deal about him not running. I don't think the media has ever said a peep about the actual play.

The fan is a morong cause anyone who saw the play knows he would of been shot big time going to 2nd no matter how fast he was running.

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 01:59 PM
Oh brother.....Like guillen is fault free. I am sure there is some reverse racism going around

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 02:01 PM
The fan is a morong cause anyone who saw the play knows he would of been shot big time going to 2nd no matter how fast he was running.

Well if you want to get technical if you are still watching the royals. You are a moron

petegz28
08-28-2008, 02:01 PM
Well if you want to get technical if you are still watching the royals. You are a moron

I am a season ticket holder, not a fair weathered fan.

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 02:02 PM
I am a season ticket holder, not a fair weathered fan.

case....rested

petegz28
08-28-2008, 02:02 PM
Oh brother.....Like guillen is fault free. I am sure there is some reverse racism going around

Your're right. Guillen should be beraded by ignorant fans for not ignoring his coach and running to 2nd and get himself out.

The fan would of been bitching had Guillen gone to 2nd cause he would of been shot.

I fail to see what Guillen is guilty of other than not making the outfielder committ and error?

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 02:06 PM
If you pay your ticket you have the right to voice your displeasure as long as it isn't vulgar or personal....The fan even recieved a free ticket for this.

Guillen is guillen, an immature, probably retarded human being who never learns. He tries to fight coaches, gets punked by mike socia, left off of playoff teams, tries to fight fans calls his teamates babies while being a baby...these are all facts.

If you pay your money if you aren't saying vulgar things you have the right to voice your opinion no matter how stupid it is.

Deberg_1990
08-28-2008, 02:06 PM
I fail to see what Guillen is guilty of

Dont you understand?

Guillen is responsible for 23 years of playoff-less baseball in KC.

Sure-Oz
08-28-2008, 02:22 PM
If the guy was calling me "boy" that may be a problem, esp since he is a minority...either way that guy was probably shitting himself when guillen was walking towards him.

petegz28
08-28-2008, 02:23 PM
If you pay your ticket you have the right to voice your displeasure as long as it isn't vulgar or personal....The fan even recieved a free ticket for this.

Guillen is guillen, an immature, probably retarded human being who never learns. He tries to fight coaches, gets punked by mike socia, left off of playoff teams, tries to fight fans calls his teamates babies while being a baby...these are all facts.

If you pay your money if you aren't saying vulgar things you have the right to voice your opinion no matter how stupid it is.

Was this before or after the Mariner's coach siad he worst mistake in the off-season was not re-signing Guillen?

Demonpenz
08-28-2008, 03:17 PM
Was this before or after the Mariner's coach siad he worst mistake in the off-season was not re-signing Guillen?

I won't even respond to this. too dumb. Just look up what richie sexton makes.

Nightfyre
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM

was that before or after guillen failed to get on base 30% of the time for 12 million. Guillen knows he sucks. That is why he reacted. Once he actually mans up and takes responsibility for his play and his behavior, I'll give a shit if a fan berates him. But his pussy-footing excuse making shows he has the maturity of a 14 year old. GROW THE **** UP GUILLEN.

beavis
08-28-2008, 03:44 PM
was that before or after guillen failed to get on base 30% of the time for 12 million. Guillen knows he sucks. That is why he reacted. Once he actually mans up and takes responsibility for his play and his behavior, I'll give a shit if a fan berates him. But his pussy-footing excuse making shows he has the maturity of a 14 year old. GROW THE **** UP GUILLEN.

We have a winner.