PDA

View Full Version : KSU Kansas State Academic Requirements?

Pitt Gorilla
08-28-2008, 10:19 AM
From an article in the KC Star:

http://www.kansascity.com/165/story/766513.html

Which is when K-State coach Ron Prince, a former Cavaliers assistant who helped recruit Hall, stepped in, sidling up to Hall during Virginia’s spring camp in 2007.

“He told me if I didn’t get my grades, I could come out to K-State,” Hall recalled. “He said he could use me out there.”

Contrary to public opinion, Manhattan isn’t just a refuge for junior-college talent.

“Having a transfer might not be received as well at other places,” Prince said. “But here, it’s kind of how we do business.”

Saulbadguy
08-28-2008, 10:22 AM
Virginia has high academic standards, IIRC. Hope he plays well, he is supposed to start.

Stewie
08-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Virginia has high academic standards, IIRC.

Yes they do.

mikeyis4dcats.
08-28-2008, 01:40 PM
the academic requirements at KSU are the same as at KU ...not sure if they let a few more retards in a PSU though....

Saulbadguy
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
the academic requirements at KSU are the same as at KU ...not sure if they let a few more retards in a PSU though....

I believe KU requires a higher ACT score by 2 or 3 points.

Stewie
08-28-2008, 03:08 PM
I believe KU requires a higher ACT score by 2 or 3 points.

Maybe it has changed since I was at KU (20 years ago), but I thought KU and KSU accepted you if you graduated from a Kansas high school. You still had to take the ACT or SAT but a crappy score couldn't keep you out. I think it just sent you to remedial classes. Freshman English at KU weeded out most students that had no business going to college.

SithCeNtZ
08-28-2008, 03:15 PM
Maybe it has changed since I was at KU (20 years ago), but I thought KU and KSU accepted you if you graduated from a Kansas high school. You still had to take the ACT or SAT but a crappy score couldn't keep you out. I think it just sent you to remedial classes. Freshman English at KU weeded out most students that had no business going to college.

It has changed. I know some people that had to sweat it out on their last ACT try to get into KU, but the score to get in is so low that you really have to be dumb to be worried about it.

Saulbadguy
08-28-2008, 03:46 PM

In state the requirements are the same for K-State and KU.

Out of state, KU requires a slightly higher ACT score.

kstater
08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
It has changed. I know some people that had to sweat it out on their last ACT try to get into KU, but the score to get in is so low that you really have to be dumb to be worried about it.

Something like 16-18 or even lower. You don't have to worry too much to get in. Again that was almost ten years ago for me, so it might have gone up.

kstater
08-28-2008, 03:52 PM
But ACT means nothing, and college grades don't(or shouldn't) mean anything. As I tell the guys that work for me, stellar grades aren't important. What's important is what you retain and what you get out of school. Anyone can memorize facts figures and get good grades, but what you Learn from your studies is what's important to me.