PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs hire IMG to find name for Arrowhead

Mr. Laz
08-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Chiefs gonna make Arrowhead into "investco" etc etc

edited to include added info from KingPriest

Why would a South Carolina paper be carrying this and not the Srar?

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/124/story/271445.htmlChiefs selling naming rights to Arrowhead Stadium
(Published August 28, 2008)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs have decided to sell naming rights to Arrowhead Stadium.

Arrowhead, built in 1972, has a capacity of almost 79,500 and is the third-largest in the NFL. It's undergoing a $375 million renovation projected for completion in 2010.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Chiefs announced Thursday they have entered into an agreement with the sports and entertainment company IMG to find a naming rights holder.

For almost 20 years, Arrowhead has been among the top three stadiums in home attendance, with sellouts in 141 consecutive games.

The Chiefs also said IMG will manage a Kansas City-based sales and marketing team

kstater
08-28-2008, 04:33 PM
Not usually one to ask, and don't distrust your thought, but link?

Mr. Laz
08-28-2008, 04:35 PM
don't have one .. just heard it on the radio :shrug:

lemme google it or something

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Hallmark Field

BigMeatballDave
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Sprint Stadium

MTG#10
08-28-2008, 04:46 PM
Looks like they're preparing for poor fan turn out, they need to make up for all of the lost ticket sales. Had they got rid of the clown running things 6-7 years ago it may not have come to this.

TrickyNicky
08-28-2008, 04:51 PM
Carl did his job. The bottom line is he sold out arrowhead for nearly a decade and a half now... That's his legacy. He turned the sad sack of shit Chiefs from the 80's into a profitable team in the 6th smallest market. Not a very good GM, but one hell of a Team President.

Bearcat
08-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Hallmark Field

I guess they're one of the few large companies headquartered in KC that aren't currently losing money, but they're pretty conservative, so I'm not sure they would do it. Hallmark Field. When you care to spend the very most for the absolute worst.

KingPriest2
08-28-2008, 04:52 PM
Why would a South Carolina paper be carrying this and not the Srar?

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/124/story/271445.htmlChiefs selling naming rights to Arrowhead Stadium
(Published August 28, 2008)
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Kansas City Chiefs have decided to sell naming rights to Arrowhead Stadium.

Arrowhead, built in 1972, has a capacity of almost 79,500 and is the third-largest in the NFL. It's undergoing a $375 million renovation projected for completion in 2010.

ADVERTISEMENT
The Chiefs announced Thursday they have entered into an agreement with the sports and entertainment company IMG to find a naming rights holder.

For almost 20 years, Arrowhead has been among the top three stadiums in home attendance, with sellouts in 141 consecutive games.

The Chiefs also said IMG will manage a Kansas City-based sales and marketing team

Dylan
08-28-2008, 04:55 PM
Fidelity Stadium

Why would a South Carolina paper be carrying this and not the Star?

LMAO

kstater
08-28-2008, 04:58 PM
Hmmm, I hope they do it the right way. I don't think it will sound right as "(sponsor name) at Arrowhead Stadium".

Bearcat
08-28-2008, 05:00 PM
I hate advertising so much... I was watching Transformers the other night and almost changed the channel when they basically stopped the movie to show the Chevy logo on one of them. It's just a necessary evil, and a tremendous waste of money.

FAX
08-28-2008, 05:01 PM
I really feel bad about this. I had held out hope that they would somehow resist the temptation to rename Arrowhead. I wonder, though. Will it be something like "Kotex Field at Arrowhead" or something like that? I mean, where they keep the "Arrowhead" name intact in some way?

FAX

Bearcat
08-28-2008, 05:02 PM
What about the company (well, brand) who sponsors the Pond in Anaheim (http://www.arrowheadwater.com/)?

Hog Rider
08-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Camaro Field

chief52
08-28-2008, 05:04 PM
Kingsford Stadium...

keg in kc
08-28-2008, 05:06 PM
Too bad we don't play 14 games anymore, because Seagrams could sponsor 7 and 7 field at Arrowhead Stadium.

Alas, there isn't an 8-8 drink.

BigRock
08-28-2008, 05:09 PM
Will it be something like "Kotex Field at Arrowhead" or something like that? I mean, where they keep the "Arrowhead" name intact in some way?

Yup, Lamar insisted on it. This whole thing has been in the works for several years.

JuicesFlowing
08-28-2008, 05:16 PM
I really feel bad about this. I had held out hope that they would somehow resist the temptation to rename Arrowhead. I wonder, though. Will it be something like "Kotex Field at Arrowhead" or something like that? I mean, where they keep the "Arrowhead" name intact in some way?

FAX

I would guess they would keep "Arrowhead" in the name ... It disappoints me that it all comes down to money ... but as I've said before, I will call it Arrowhead no matter what.

aturnis
08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
is there anyway to rally the fans together to buy the naming rights? f#@k letting some retarded company put their name on it!

Mama Hip Rockets
08-28-2008, 05:18 PM
this is the worst news i have ever heard. that was the only remaining part of the chiefs that was cool.

gta0012
08-28-2008, 06:28 PM
dear god worst news ive ever heard

teedubya
08-28-2008, 06:44 PM
Summer's Eve Douche Stadium?

beavis
08-28-2008, 06:51 PM
I wonder how long it will be before companies start to realize the negative connotation associated with stadium naming rights, and stop buying it. I mean, is there a city anywhere that wouldn't resent the corporate sponsorship of their stadium?

Over-Head
08-28-2008, 07:36 PM
Not usually one to ask, and don't distrust your thought, but link?

http://www.kwch.com/global/story.asp?s=8918021

Back to the lurk cave

Deberg_1990
08-28-2008, 07:37 PM
Mullethead Stadium??

Tits McGee
08-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Waste Mangement Field

sportsman1
08-28-2008, 09:03 PM
Its really sad, more and more the team and traditions I love continue to vanquish. I don't care what anyone says part of this team died with Lamar Hunt in my mind and its very sad.

Tits McGee
08-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Sell out like NASCAR on steroids.

Valiant
08-28-2008, 09:20 PM
is there anyway to rally the fans together to buy the naming rights? f#@k letting some retarded company put their name on it!

**** Carl Peterson Co. at Arrowhead stadium???

Hammock Parties
08-28-2008, 09:27 PM
Warpaint Illustrated Stadium

keg in kc
08-28-2008, 09:28 PM
Warpaint Illustrated StadiumThat won't work, unless you get a typo in there somehow. Maybe Wapaint Illustated Stadiumm

Flustrated
08-28-2008, 09:44 PM
Is there a "Pink Taco" in the K.C. metro area?

http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2006/08/21/daily10.html

:evil:

Monday, August 21, 2006
Cardinals sack 'Pink Taco Stadium' ideaPhoenix Business Journal - by Adam Kress The Business Journal
The owners of Scottsdale's Pink Taco restaurant have serious designs on being the Arizona Cardinals' naming rights partner for the team's new stadium.

The Cardinals, on the other hand, are about as interested in "Pink Taco Stadium" as they are Sun Devil Stadium. According to the team, the Cardinals won't ever be playing in either.

"We're in serious discussions with companies about naming rights, and Pink Taco is not one of them," Cardinals spokesman Mark Dalton said Monday afternoon. "There's no doubt in our minds that this is a publicity stunt."

But at a Monday afternoon press conference, Pink Taco president Harry Morton sounded serious about making a deal happen. "We won't take no for an answer," he said.

All determination (and cash) aside, the Cardinals can choose whomever they want as a naming rights partner, and some believe there's no real hurry to rush into a deal.

Even so, Morton met with a Cardinals corporate sales representative last week to discuss a deal. He said there's a 10-year, $30 million deal on the table.

"A $30 million PR stunt would be pretty expensive," Morton said. "We are serious about this."

Morton said Monday that there is another meeting scheduled with Cardinals officials for this week, but Dalton said no such meeting is arranged.

While the Cardinals view the whole thing as a publicity stunt, the fact remains that Pink Taco seems to have the financial resources and genuine desire to make a splash with the Cardinals and the NFL.

Harry Morton's father, Peter, founded the Hard Rock Cafe 35 years ago but sold it off last month for more than $700 million. Harry Morton had a $5 million check on hand at the press conference Monday that he is all-too willing to offer the Cardinals as part of the $30 million deal.

Morton said his father may also be looking to buy an NFL franchise, but did not elaborate.

The Cardinals are likely looking for a deal in the range of $5 million-plus a year for 25 years. Morton said his company would be willing to negotiate the financial terms of the deal, in addition to calling the building Morton Stadium.

Dalton said the Cardinals organization was put off by the scheduling of the press conference Monday, but Morton said it's simply the way his company does business.

"We have the edge and the cache to elevate the stature of the stadium," Morton said. "And we will deliver celebrity."

Supermodel Claudia Schiffer is a part owner of the Scottsdale Pink Taco, and Morton is currently dating actress/singer/tabloid queen Lindsay Lohan. Morton is also said to be friends with Cardinals rookie quarterback Matt Leinart.

The Scottsdale Pink Taco opened earlier this summer after a wave of publicity created when Scottsdale Mayor Mary Manross publicly objected to the restaurant's name. While she felt the double entendre to be distasteful, the restaurant has been a hit and it's name has stuck.

The first Pink Taco opened in Las Vegas six years ago and the Scottsdale location was its second. A Los Angeles location will open in January. Other sites in the works include San Diego, Chicago and Dallas.

The Cardinals open the regular season in their new stadium Sept. 10.

All contents of this site © American City Business Journals Inc. All rights reserved.

Iowanian
08-28-2008, 09:47 PM
"UBS Financial 5 year plan Field"

Tits McGee
08-28-2008, 09:48 PM
Spanky's porta-potty Stadium

TrickyNicky
08-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Jack n' Dick's Pawn Shop (a real place in Junction City) field at Arrowhead Stadium

KcMizzou
08-28-2008, 09:56 PM
It sucks... but it's not so much about the Chiefs, as it is about the state of our world in general.

I mean, we all knew it was coming... at least KC held out for a while.

Tits McGee
08-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Call it Bazooka's and maybe the players just might practice a little longer than usual.

gblowfish
08-28-2008, 09:58 PM
How about we call it "Wrigley Field?"

Coach
08-28-2008, 10:03 PM
So much for keeping Lamar's word about the naming rights of Arrowhead, since the Chiefs owe it to the fans.

Disgraceful. :shake:

Hammock Parties
08-28-2008, 10:03 PM
So much for keeping Lamar's word about the naming rights of Arrowhead, since the Chiefs owe it to the fans.

It's pretty meaningless. You can still call it Arrowhead.

BigRock
08-28-2008, 10:22 PM

What? Lamar's word was that "Arrowhead" would always stay in the title. And Clark has already said today that it will.

Coach
08-28-2008, 10:25 PM
What? Lamar's word was that "Arrowhead" would always stay in the title. And Clark has already said today that it will.

Well then, let it be by itself on the title. Nothing to add in there. It's just meaningless, dumb, and stupid.

They make enough money as if, without even needing a stupid naming rights thing.

POND_OF_RED
08-28-2008, 10:32 PM
They should name it Ex-Lax Field since every year we think we won't shit the season away we somehow still manage.

Coach
08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
They should name it Ex-Lax Field since every year we think we won't shit the season away we somehow still manage.

Oh hell, let's just call it "Preparation H Field at Arrowhead Stadium" since God knows that the Chiefs are gonna need alot of Preparation H to soothe their anals after getting ass-pounded by quite a few teams.

Tribal Warfare
08-28-2008, 10:51 PM
MOTHERF*CKER,shit!

DT58HOF
08-28-2008, 10:58 PM
Hunts Stadium, the have Heinz now we will have Hunts Stadium
not a bad idea if i say so myself, but yuck the ketchup will be gross at the Stadium,lol

kcchiefsus
08-28-2008, 11:32 PM
Hmmm, I hope they do it the right way. I don't think it will sound right as "(sponsor name) at Arrowhead Stadium".

Uhhh, wouldn't that be the best way to do it? So it would still be called Arrowhead to us fans but the company would have the right to put their name in the name of the stadium. I don't know about you but no matter what the stadium will still be known as Arrowhead Stadium to me.

WEIRDWOLF
08-29-2008, 06:39 AM
Let's pool are money and name it Chiefs Planet.com Stadium. I'll start by pledging $10.00 and future rights to my preseason tickets and yet to be announced seat license rights.

philfree
08-29-2008, 06:54 AM
Naming rights = signing bonus money.

PhilFree:arrow:

Braincase
08-29-2008, 07:13 AM
They've already found one prospective sponser... a juice company.

Extra Point
08-29-2008, 07:24 AM
If you can't sell out one way, you can sell out another. Thanks, Uncle Carl!

YRC Worldwide is the best candidate for naming rights: with their HQ in KC, that their trailers are across I-70 from Arrowhead, it only makes good sense.

YRC: You Really Can (or can't)

alpha_omega
08-29-2008, 07:41 AM
Frankly, I am surprised that this hasn't happened already.

TEX
08-29-2008, 07:44 AM

FAX

I believe I read once years ago, when corporate sponsorship naming rights first came about, that Lamar Hunt said that IF it ever came to that at ARROWHEAD, that he would like to keep the name ARROWHEAD as part of the name. Course that was years ago and Lamar has passed so...

Tiger's Fan
08-29-2008, 07:49 AM
I knew it was coming, and had hoped for Monster Field. Oh well.

TEX
08-29-2008, 07:52 AM
They've already found one prospective sponser... a juice company.

ROFL

triple
08-29-2008, 07:53 AM
i dont really care, honestly. it's just a name and it doesn't really even mean anything.

Bearcat
08-29-2008, 10:21 AM
I don't know about you but no matter what the stadium will still be known as Arrowhead Stadium to me.

I don't use the corporate name if the stadium name has changed fairly recently... and like Candlestick, it changes so often I can't remember what it's called year-to-year anyway.

F***ing Whitey... I wonder how long it takes before the habit wears off. I wonder how many people now call it Invesco who at one time said they would never call it by that name.

blueballs
08-29-2008, 10:27 AM
they will build a rolling roof with solar panels and windmills along the sidelines
to supply electricty through out the stadium
and call it Arrowhead Green

chiefsngop
08-29-2008, 10:33 AM
Please Elect Barack Obama Field at Arrowhead

paid for by the DNC

or...................

John McCain for President Stadium at Arrowhead Field

paid for by the RNC

OnTheWarpath15
08-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Put me in the vast minority that could care less.

It's a STADIUM.

Scaga
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Maybe the Food network and Emerald will go in together and buy the rights.
Then we really would be the "Chefs" at Arrowhead.

Monty
08-29-2008, 11:56 AM
Well then, let it be by itself on the title. Nothing to add in there. It's just meaningless, dumb, and stupid.

They make enough money as if, without even needing a stupid naming rights thing.

Doesn't matter what they call it. I'll always call it Arrowhead. Non-issue IMO.

Pitt Gorilla
08-29-2008, 12:32 PM
Shawn Johnson's Taco Field: It makes my taco pop!

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_jxq6ZS3ms8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

StcChief
08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
Hunt's (ConAgra) would be great.... honor both Lamar as well as regional company.

guessing Hallmark would step up :shrug:

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2008, 04:40 PM
i dont really care, honestly. it's just a name and it doesn't really even mean anything.

Bullshit! Arrowhead is the last of the non-corporate labeled stadiums, and with that a part of Lamar's legacy will die off when it is renamed to tampax or Maylox field

ChiefsCountry
08-29-2008, 05:01 PM
Corporate names are part of the landscape now. It will help the team financially so we can have a better team, I really dont see this as a big deal. Now if it was Lamar Hunt Stadium or something like that I would have a problem.

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Corporate names are part of the landscape now. It will help the team financially so we can have a better team, I really dont see this as a big deal. Now if it was Lamar Hunt Stadium or something like that I would have a problem.

Shit I do, it won't have the same feel when I look up and it says kotex field where Arrowhead use to be especially during Raider games. The since of history is gone

joesomebody
08-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Boulevard Stadium, now that Busch sold out, let MO's local beer go National.

aturnis
08-29-2008, 07:53 PM
If they need money so bad, why don't they just sell shares of the team like the Packers did. I'm sure there are a lot of guys who would LOVE the opportunity to have a piece of the franchise.

Over-Head
08-29-2008, 08:05 PM
"The Black corn Hole:

****it I'm drunok

sportsman1
08-29-2008, 08:46 PM
Heres the Options

1) Arrowhead Stadium
2) Arrowhead Stadium
3) Lamar Hunt Field @ Arrowhead Stadium

Anything else is sickening.