PDA

View Full Version : Football Chad Johnson changes last name to Ocho Cinco

Hammock Parties
08-28-2008, 10:08 PM
Awesome.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-431/Johnson--Bengals-getting-more-zany-.html

Johnson, Bengals getting more zany?

August 28, 2008 7:47 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker
Johnson

If the Cincinnati Bengals' offseason couldn't get any more strange, Pro Bowl receiver Chad Johnson may have added a new chapter just before the regular season.

According to Miami radio station 790 The Ticket, which is in Johnson's hometown, the receiver has legally changed his last name to "Ocho Cinco." Johnson's -- sorry -- Ocho Cinco's reported name change has been rumored in NFL circles for weeks, and according to the station today, it's official.

Johnson forewarned the public that a major surprise was coming during a recent interview with Chris McKendry on ESPN's SportsCenter.

"A lot of people look at Chad Johnson and say he's crazy and he does a lot of stuff, but I don't think people really understand how smart I really am," Johnson said. "So come Sept. 7, I believe when we play the Baltimore Ravens, I think that's the game, there's a surprise for everybody -- for everybody. When I say something, it is what it is, just enjoy it. Because it's going to last 16 weeks, plus some more."

Could this be it? If the report is correct he should be able to wear his nickname on the back of his jersey without penalty, which he's wanted to do for quite some time.

The media also would have to refer to him as Chad Ocho Cinco from this point on.

Sounds little strange, but nothing is too outlandish for No. 85 or the Bengals these days.

Stay tuned.

OnTheWarpath15
08-28-2008, 10:10 PM
He's going to be Chad Dislocated Shoulder by Week 3, if he keeps playing with that torn labrum...

KcMizzou
08-28-2008, 10:12 PM
I used to think the guy was just fun... clownin' around and all...

I'm starting to think he's just bat-shit crazy.

ArrowheadHawk
08-28-2008, 10:14 PM
Wow that's extreme, I guess when he is done with football he could just change it back.

TinyEvel
08-28-2008, 10:15 PM
Proof that he either drinks a lot or does coke.

Smed1065
08-28-2008, 10:15 PM
He's going to be Chad Dislocated Shoulder by Week 3, if he keeps playing with that torn labia for attention...

FYP

KcMizzou
08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Proof that he either drinks a lot or does coke.I drink a lot.

Still find it very, very odd.

RibKing67
08-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I am glad he did it! It is nice to see someone trying to get over on the No Fun League.
I will bet money that The Commish will have something to say about it though. It will not go without fine. Announcers will more than likely go with "the reciever formally known as Chad Johnson." I say losen the tie and have a shot to go with the beer and lighten the F up and enjoy funny when you see it.

FAX
08-28-2008, 10:25 PM
I used to think the guy was just fun... clonwin' around and all...

I vote this.

Even so, I still worry a little about the language selection. Spanish is okay, I guess. But, an ancient language ... like Aramaic, say ... would be tons classier, in my opinion.

FAX

FAX
08-28-2008, 10:27 PM
I am glad he did it! It is nice to see someone trying to get over on the No Fun League.
I will bet money that The Commish will have something to say about it though. It will not go without fine. Announcers will more than likely go with "the reciever formally known as Chad Johnson." I say losen the tie and have a shot to go with the beer and lighten the F up and enjoy funny when you see it.

I don't see how the commissioner could fine a guy for legally changing his name, Mr. RibKing67. Unless, of course, he changed it to Goodellsuckski, or something.

FAX

beavis
08-28-2008, 10:27 PM

I've always thought he's bat-shit crazy.

I still think he's funny.

keg in kc
08-28-2008, 10:29 PM

I'm starting to think he's just bat-shit crazy.Yeah, that.

He's just nuts.

RibKing67
08-28-2008, 10:30 PM
I don't see how the commissioner could fine a guy for legally changing his name, Mr. RibKing67. Unless, of course, he changed it to Goodellsuckski, or something.

FAX

I dont know how he could either to be honest. I just know what I have seen of Mr. G reminds me of the high school principal, who even when you were not doing anything wrong would find some nit pick garbage to put on you.

Thig Lyfe
08-28-2008, 10:33 PM
He's crazy... and BRILLIANT.

Phobia
08-28-2008, 10:33 PM
I think it's hilarious. I could see myself doing something like that - maybe. Especially if my last name were something as generic as "Johnson" (with all due respect to anybody reading this who might happen to be named "Johnson - and I'm sure there are two or three... hundred of you). I get a kick out of 85. Seriously. I think he takes it too far once in a while but his obnoxious antics mostly entertain me, especially since he can back it up on the field.

kcxiv
08-28-2008, 10:35 PM
I think its great. haha. This is a good way to **** with the suits. I love the NFL and i have since i was about 7 years old, but they n eed to loosen up. They are making the game unfun for the players.

Phobia
08-28-2008, 10:35 PM
He's crazy... and BRILLIANT.

He's gonna sell 10,000,000 jerseys - for which he gets 3% through the Players agreement - 3 or 5, I can't recall. I do know the QB Club negotiated 10% though and that made NFL Players mad.

DaWolf
08-28-2008, 11:00 PM
His Wiki page just got a lot more confusing to read...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Johnson

TinyEvel
08-28-2008, 11:04 PM
I think this is just a ploy for him to collect WIC, free education and federal aid.

TinyEvel
08-28-2008, 11:04 PM
In other news, I have officially changed my name to Evelito.

KcMizzou
08-28-2008, 11:10 PM
In other news, I have officially changed my name to Evelito.*crickets*

:p

Phobia
08-28-2008, 11:12 PM
In other news, I have officially changed my name to Evelito.

That sounds Hispanic. Is it Spanish inspired?

keg in kc
08-28-2008, 11:13 PM
I think it's hilarious. I could see myself doing something like that - maybe. Philly Pink Socks McSlice?

chagrin
08-28-2008, 11:28 PM
and douche bags will still be calling to bring him in for a look

Phobia
08-28-2008, 11:34 PM
Uh - he's the 2nd best WR in football. Why wouldn't we want him?

Mecca
08-28-2008, 11:36 PM
Cause see some people hate players with personality.

Coach
08-28-2008, 11:38 PM
Oh goodie, I can't wait to say "Oucho Cinco" when he gets blasted by a safety.

RibKing67
08-28-2008, 11:38 PM
and douche bags will still be calling to bring him in for a look

I guess I am now a douche bag. I would LOVE to have his funny ass here. Then at least we could be entertained at Arrowhead.

Mecca
08-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Oh goodie, I can't wait to say "Oucho Cinco" when he gets blasted by a safety.

Ok why on earth is there a reason to dislike the guy? He's fun, he has personality he's not getting arrested what's the problem?

It's like people who think Terrell Owens is a bad guy, god forbid someone have some personality and say something, I don't want the players to be robots.

kcchiefsus
08-28-2008, 11:41 PM
He's going to be Chad Dislocated Shoulder by Week 3, if he keeps playing with that torn labrum...

Wear a harness and he shouldn't have a problem. I believe Champ Bailey had a torn labrum or something similar a few years back but he still made it through the season with a harness he wore.

Coach
08-28-2008, 11:41 PM
Ok why on earth is there a reason to dislike the guy? He's fun, he has personality he's not getting arrested what's the problem?

It's like people who think Terrell Owens is a bad guy, god forbid someone have some personality and say something, I don't want the players to be robots.

No problem at all. It's just my personality of seeing a receiver who thinks he's all that, only that karma comes back and bites him in the ass.

Mecca
08-28-2008, 11:42 PM
He doesn't think he's all that..he IS all that, it's a proven fact over the last several years.

kcchiefsus
08-28-2008, 11:42 PM

I'm pretty sure the NFL rule states the name on the back of your jersey has to be your last name. If "ocho cinco" is Chad Johnson's legal last name then he has every right to put it there. If Goodell tries to challenge it then Chad "ocho cinco" will see his ass in court.

kcchiefsus
08-28-2008, 11:44 PM
I dont know how he could either to be honest. I just know what I have seen of Mr. G reminds me of the high school principal, who even when you were not doing anything wrong would find some nit pick garbage to put on you.

I'm sure Goodell will try to do something but once Chad's lawyers take the NFL to court Goodell will be forced to allow ocho cinco to be on the back of the jersey.

Coach
08-28-2008, 11:45 PM
He doesn't think he's all that..he IS all that, it's a proven fact over the last several years.

Well, he would be a more likeable guy if he learned how to keep his mouth shut sometimes, and not pulling this type of a stunt.

I guarentee you that Jerry Rice wouldn't even do this mickey mouse shit.

RibKing67
08-28-2008, 11:46 PM
I wonder if He Hate Me would be willing to change his name and make another run at the NFL? He was funny also.

kcchiefsus
08-28-2008, 11:47 PM
Well, he would be a more likeable guy if he learned how to keep his mouth shut sometimes, and not pulling this type of a stunt.

So because Jerry Rice does something every other receiver has to do it as well? Maybe Chad Johnson is a loudmouth but who cares. It's not hurting anybody. It might be different if he didn't back up his mouth on the field.

RibKing67
08-28-2008, 11:50 PM

I respect Jerry for what he did in his HOF career. I also think Chad Ocho Cinco and his "micky mouse shit" is funny as all hell. Why not just lighten up and enjoy what is funny.

Mecca
08-28-2008, 11:50 PM
Jerry Rice was such a class guy that when his catches in consecutive games got broken he kicked the pylon...

kcxiv
08-28-2008, 11:54 PM

What the **** does Rice have to do with Chad Johnson or Terrell Owens? They are different people. I could come here and say. Herman Moore, Fred Blitnekoft (spelling), James Lofton, Art Monk, ect ect. You get the idea. Some guys just find fun with the sport in different ways. They like to talk, so what.

I am so waiting for the day when you people turn your backs on D-Bowe, because HE WILL be in the same mold as these 2 guys.

Phobia
08-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Jerry Rice is a different type of receiver and a different personality. The only commonalities is that they play the same position and they're black.

Mecca
08-28-2008, 11:59 PM
Rice is a little more me oriented than I think people realize....the guy played forever to set his records extremely high.....he wasn't happy that Moss was breaking his record last year, and that showed...

Rice is one of those guys that anytime someone gets near one of his records he is not going to be happy about it...

RibKing67
08-29-2008, 12:01 AM
Rice is a little more me oriented than I think people realize....the guy played forever to set his records extremely high.....he wasn't happy that Moss was breaking his record last year, and that showed...

Rice is one of those guys that anytime someone gets near one of his records he is not going to be happy about it...

Sounds alot like Marino! He was all kinds of pissed at Favre. I bet he still is.

Phobia
08-29-2008, 12:08 AM

I don't blame him. I'm a competitor. I can relate. I set some records in track in high school - breaking records that had stood for many, many years.

Three or four years later all my records are gone and my name is no longer on the board. For some reason those records were important to me. I took pride in them. Nobody is happy about their broken records.

Mecca
08-29-2008, 12:10 AM
That's fine I understand that but he basically called Moss a dickwad that had no business breaking his record. I think it's fine to feel that way personally but you should be respectful in public about it.

ClevelandBronco
08-29-2008, 12:24 AM
I alternate between thinking that this guy is a leading symptom of some of what's wrong with professional football and really enjoying his antics.

This one has an XFL vibe to it (HeHateMe), but I'm still inclined to smile about it.

JuicesFlowing
08-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Chad JOHNSON is terrible at foreign language. Unless he is referring to himself at eight-five, which I doubt he is, because most people say "eighty-five" then he is a dumbass, as the Spanish spelling of eighty-five is ochenta y cinco. Thank you Chad Johnson for mastering the world of Spanish language.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Chad JOHNSON is terrible at foreign language. Unless he is referring to himself at eight-five, which I doubt he is, because most people say "eighty-five" then he is a dumbass, as the Spanish spelling of eighty-five is ochenta y cinco. Thank you Chad Johnson for mastering the world of Spanish language.

OCHO CINCO sounds and looks better.

kstater
08-29-2008, 03:01 AM
Great player, might end up being an all time great. But dudes a bigger attention whore than GoChiefs.

Miles
08-29-2008, 03:06 AM
When he first started his whole act it was pretty amusing but grew old over the past two seasons or so. However, this is pretty damn hilarious.

RedDread
08-29-2008, 04:00 AM

He actually says "eight-five" in english most times when he refers to his number, so it's a literal translation.

The Bad Guy
08-29-2008, 05:14 AM
Apparently, the reason he did this is because he wanted fans to be able to have Ocho Cinco on the back of his jersey. The NFL wouldn't allow any personalization of his jersey with Ocho Cinco on it. If you went to Eastbay or NFL Shop to do it, they would restrict it.

Now they can't.

He's one nutty prick.

Demonpenz
08-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Does anyone have that clip where he had a concussion or knocked silly where he was talking crazy in his interview? I remember there was an interview after a game where the lights were on but no one was home. I don't have a problem with it. It is a zillion dollar business. atleast be entertaining.

beach tribe
08-29-2008, 08:26 AM
Zany? Try a stupid attention whore. I've always wondered why people like this asshat.

beach tribe
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM
Does anyone have that clip where he had a concussion or knocked silly where he was talking crazy in his interview? I remember there was an interview after a game where the lights were on but no one was home. I don't have a problem with it. It is a zillion dollar business. atleast be entertaining.
It was during a preseason game, and he had not even been hit. The guy is a dumbshit.

morphius
08-29-2008, 08:32 AM

TO wouldn't bother me if he would stop destroying the teams he is on. I actually loved it when he slammed the ball down on the Dallas Star back when he was with the 49ers, that stuff makes for a great rivalry.

morphius
not a fan of no passion football

beach tribe
08-29-2008, 08:41 AM

I don't hate players with personality. I just don't think he's funny. I think he's stupid. He's just a me me me dumbass. He puts himself before team, talks shit about his teamates, demands to be traded, and then acts like bitch when they don't.

"There ain't no #9 without #85".

"T.J. is a good player, but there's only one 85"

He's a selfish, childish, dumbass.

I'm sure that helps team chemistry.

DJJasonp
08-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Here's a twist though....what if he gets traded or signed as a free agent to a team that has 85 retired (like 16 was when Montana came to the chiefs)???

This is like one of those bad tattoo moments where you wish 4 years later it never happened.

Frazod
08-29-2008, 08:51 AM
I fall firmly in the shut-the-f#ck-up-and-do-your-job camp.

And I think it is possible to have fun without being an attention whoring retard.

Que Card QB
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Dumbass...Eighty Five in Spanish is Ochenta y cinco.

Demonpenz
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Everyone puts themselves before the team. You are talking about life or death and millions of dollars.

alpha_omega
08-29-2008, 09:47 AM
What a nutbar!

beach tribe
08-29-2008, 10:08 AM
Everyone puts themselves before the team. You are talking about life or death and millions of dollars.

Yes, but you don't do it publicly.

I will bet Carson Palmer is going to be looking T.J.s way even more this season.

Demonpenz
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Yes, but you don't do it publicly.

I will bet Carson Palmer is going to be looking T.J.s way even more this season.

He can do it and will do it whatever way he pleases, because this is America. Land of the free. Carson Palmer is going to throw to whoever is open.

beach tribe
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
He can do it and will do it whatever way he pleases, because this is America. Land of the free. Carson Palmer is going to throw to whoever is open.

You're right. If you want to be an assclown you can. God bless America. No sarcasm involved.

I also have the right to say he's a POS douchenozzle. BTW what did he get out of being a complete shithead. Nothing.

CoMoChief
08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
I bet his parents are happy, if they're not in prison etc.

Yeah i know that was a racist remark............oops.

Demonpenz
08-29-2008, 10:48 AM
awesome.

Demonpenz
08-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Almost reverse racism

Mama Hip Rockets
08-29-2008, 11:25 AM
awesome.

Phobia
08-29-2008, 11:36 AM
Zany? Try a stupid attention whore. I've always wondered why people like this asshat.

Because he backs up his talk with results. If he were catching 60 balls a year then his antics would be stupid but since he's an elite WR then talk on 85.

Demonpenz
08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
probably going to be a hall of famer when it is over

"Bob" Dobbs
08-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I think it'd be funnier than hell if, once he leaves the Bengals, he signs with a team who gives him any number other than 85. Would he change his name again?

Ultra Peanut
09-06-2008, 02:06 AM
This is officially the greatest thing ever.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5483

http://i33.tinypic.com/15ho8qa.gif

If you don't love <strike>Eight-Five</strike> Ocho Cinco, get the **** out of the country because you're dragging us all down. This man's mental instability is good for all of us.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2008, 03:24 AM
I bet his parents are happy, if they're not in prison etc.

Yeah i know that was a racist remark............oops.

Does anyone like this colon polyp?

Miles
09-06-2008, 03:38 AM
Ocho Cinco, get the **** out of the country because you're dragging us all down. This man's mental instability is good for all of us.

His antics got a bit tired last season but this move upped the jackass factor so much that it will take at while for the hilarity to wear off.