PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs vs. Patriots Discussion Thread...

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2008, 10:11 AM
It's time for the real bullets to fly.

How many times will we get shot next Sunday at New England?

beach tribe
We're dead. Thread over...j/k

blueballs
The Chiefs will put Brady on the bench
write it down

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Wow, this has to be the earliest gameday thread in Chiefsplanet history??

Chiefs Pantalones
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM
Not a gameday thread, a discussion thread. Do we have a chance, can Herm pick up the pieces after we get embarrassed, etc?

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 10:14 AM
Do we have a chance, can Herm pick up the pieces after we get embarrassed, etc?

Herms teams, even his good ones in NY always start out sloooooow.

I expect no different this season until proven otherwise.

beach tribe
08-29-2008, 10:14 AM
The Chiefs will put Brady on the bench
write it down

In the third quarter when Cassel comes in to mop up.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
I'm excited to see us play even if we get our butts handed to us.

Mr. Arrowhead
08-29-2008, 10:15 AM
WE ARE GONNA SHOCK THE WORLD!!!! and then everyone will think Herm is the best coach eva and Brodie is the second coming of Tom Brady

Alphaman
08-29-2008, 10:16 AM
The sad thing is that I think the Patriots are ripe for the picking. I think the hangover effect from the Superbowl, the poor preseason and the fact the Brady hasn't taken a snap in a game will cause them to play a less than stellar game.

However, this is where the sadness comes in, I don't think we have a team that can take advantage of it yet. Maybe we could late in the season, but right now, I don't think so. I think we make too many mistakes to win this game.

NE 23
KC 13

blueballs
08-29-2008, 10:20 AM
The possible Sippio factor has us all on pins and needles
needles anyway

The Franchise
08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
We lose.

New England - 34
Kansas City - 13

Saulbadguy
08-29-2008, 10:25 AM
Sacrificial lamb.

booyaf2
08-29-2008, 10:30 AM
Early spread is 16.5

CoMoChief
08-29-2008, 10:35 AM
27-10 Pats

And I'm being VERY generous.

penguinz
08-29-2008, 10:40 AM
I bet the entire balance of my paypal account the the Chiefs win.

chiefsngop
08-29-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm saying the hangover coupled with a little Brady rust helps our defense.

NE - 17
KC - 6

Game is not as close as the score as our new O is facing too much of a challenge to get anything going. One field goal coming off a turnover on NE's side of the field, and the other set up by a long LJ run. Pats could've made the score uglier at the end, but our D is exhausted from being on the field, and it's all too easy for New Eng to run the clock, gaining 4 or 5 yards a rush in the 4th quarter.

keg in kc
08-29-2008, 10:43 AM
I think they're going to blitzkrieg us, something along the lines of 42-10. Going to be full meltdown on here after it's over.

Hammock Parties
08-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I think they're going to blitzkrieg us, something along the lines of 42-10. Going to be full meltdown on here after it's over.

Croyle's going to get it bad. Real bad.

The damage control from the Chiefs will be epic. ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
08-29-2008, 10:47 AM

Yep.

After every loss.

Hell, it's only preseason, and the people who claimed they were ready for a rebuild have waffled and are bitching and moaning.

keg in kc
08-29-2008, 10:54 AM
Yep.

After every loss.

Hell, it's only preseason, and the people who claimed they were ready for a rebuild have waffled and are bitching and moaning.Losing sucks...

If it's as bad as I expect, I'll probably turn the game off in the 3rd quarter. Hard not to get a little frustrated, rebuilding or not.

blueballs
08-29-2008, 10:59 AM
It's time for
I'm a better fan than you all season
yay

CupidStunt
08-29-2008, 11:04 AM
KC 16 (three field goals ... weak)
NE 31

I believe the defense will "surprise" to some degree. They're not terrible. It's Herm/Croyle/OL we need to worry about.

Things I'm hoping for:-

- More TDs than turnovers for Croyle. 1-0 wouldn't be great, but it's a start
- A healthy Branden Albert
- Balance at the RB position -- depending on how the game goes, something like 18-20 carries for LJ, 8-10 for Smith, and 5-7 for Charles (and some catches)
- D-dway-ne Bowe. Plain and simple. He's gotta show up and dominate a pathetic opposing CB
- Hali and/or McBride getting some pressure. Just some. Give me a light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel performance, if not a good one
- A stout interior pairing of Dorsey and Tank. Pass-rush will come (for Dorsey), but they should help as run-stuffers early
- Derrick Johnson to begin his DPOY-like season
- Pat Thomas to take a step in becoming a starting MLB in the NFL
- Pollard and/or Page to NOT get burned early and often, and maybe even make some freaking plays
- Flowers, Carr, etc., just holding their own. I will laugh when ChiefsPlanet freaks out at someone like Flowers giving up a 30-yard catch to the most dominant WR in NFL history, but baby steps is what it's all about. It all gets easier after week one.

Amnorix
08-29-2008, 11:04 AM
The sad thing is that I think the Patriots are ripe for the picking. I think the hangover effect from the Superbowl, the poor preseason and the fact the Brady hasn't taken a snap in a game will cause them to play a less than stellar game.

However, this is where the sadness comes in, I don't think we have a team that can take advantage of it yet. Maybe we could late in the season, but right now, I don't think so. I think we make too many mistakes to win this game.

NE 23
KC 13

I admit I'm in agreement with you, except for the fact that I think your chances would get worse late in the season, rather than earlier. I'm very worried about a SB hangover. It's worse than the average SB hangover, given the pissing away of the perfect season, etc.

But basically I think if Brady is healthy and plays, we win. I think our offense will fall off dramatically from last year's absurd level, though still be top 5 in the NFL.

wasi
08-29-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm going to be expecting the Chiefs to lose. For me the most important thing I'm going to take out of the NE game is how far off we are in terms of preparation and mental toughness. If the plan is to build a core of players that perform under pressure then there is not many better places to do it than NE. I'm going to be looking for penalties like illegal formations and false starts that come down to concentration and focus. Other calls like holding and PI will be the result of technique and experience that I'm not expecting many of our starters to have.

I will be looking for how well the coaching staff puts in a game plan, make the neccessary adjustments as they go, has the players prepared to execute the game plan correctly. I fully expect to see a team that might get beat in terms of individual matchups but that is competitive as a group.

Hog's Gone Fishin
08-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I think we're going to dominate on offense since we have rebuilt our O-line!

Oh wait !

What did I just say ?

I meant our cheeerleaders are ...... wait!

Jared Allen's gonna sack Brady 5 ti... wait!

We're gonna lose in a big way.

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
im somewhat optismistic

Chiefs - 3

Pats - 45

keg in kc
08-29-2008, 11:22 AM

Not sure it's a good week for either of those. This could be Croyle's worst game of the year, because Belichick's scheming will confuse the ever living f*ck out of him (just like it does pretty much every other QB in the NFL).

And while I do want to see a healthy Albert, I don't think I want to see him playing week 1, for pretty much the same reason I just mentioned.

CupidStunt
08-29-2008, 11:26 AM
I think we're going to dominate on offense since we have rebuilt our O-line!

Oh wait !

What did I just say ?

I meant our cheeerleaders are ...... wait!

Jared Allen's gonna sack Brady 5 ti... wait!

We're gonna lose in a big way.

im somewhat optismistic

Chiefs - 3

Pats - 45

Haha. Hah ... ha.

Man, you guys are so funny with that sarcasm thing. Please post more!

Time's Yours
08-29-2008, 11:41 AM
NE 31

No way we have 4 scoring drives. I'm guessing we put up 3 points barring a freak score from a fumble or int.

BossOrphan
08-29-2008, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry but I can't start a new thread, so I have to ask as a reply, but I live in Los Angeles, Hollywood to be exact and I need to know if there is a Chiefs bar in the metro area here? Or a bar where I can go and see every NFL game. I just moved here and I havven't missed a Chiefs game since 1992. Not gonna happen now. Thanks!

Chiefs_Fan
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
NE 31

I believe the defense will "surprise" to some degree. They're not terrible. It's Herm/Croyle/OL we need to worry about.

- Balance at the RB position -- depending on how the game goes, something like 18-20 carries for LJ, 8-10 for Smith, and 5-7 for Charles (and some catches)
- D-dway-ne Bowe. Plain and simple. He's gotta show up and dominate a pathetic opposing CB
- Hali and/or McBride getting some pressure. Just some. Give me a light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel performance, if not a good one
- A stout interior pairing of Dorsey and Tank. Pass-rush will come (for Dorsey), but they should help as run-stuffers early
- Derrick Johnson to begin his DPOY-like season
- Pat Thomas to take a step in becoming a starting MLB in the NFL
- Pollard and/or Page to NOT get burned early and often, and maybe even make some freaking plays
- Flowers, Carr, etc., just holding their own. I will laugh when ChiefsPlanet freaks out at someone like Flowers giving up a 30-yard catch to the most dominant WR in NFL history, but baby steps is what it's all about. It all gets easier after week one.

If we do all of that....We will win the game!

RustShack
08-29-2008, 12:26 PM
We pull off the upset, I'm calling it. Patriots secondary is weak, Gailey should let Croyle throw a couple deep. Flowers will make Moss his bitch!

Crashride
08-29-2008, 12:33 PM
WE HAVE WILLIE ROAF WE'LL BE OK! START COLORING YOUR EGGS!

KCFalcon59
08-29-2008, 12:35 PM
56 - 3. Pats Pasting. If it rains it will be closer. 49 - 3.

no love
08-29-2008, 12:40 PM
I'm sorry but I can't start a new thread, so I have to ask as a reply, but I live in Los Angeles, Hollywood to be exact and I need to know if there is a Chiefs bar in the metro area here? Or a bar where I can go and see every NFL game. I just moved here and I havven't missed a Chiefs game since 1992. Not gonna happen now. Thanks!

Whaler. Venice Beach. All you need to know

no love
08-29-2008, 12:41 PM
Chiefs win in upset. Novak field goal as time expires.
Pats start rebuilding

shitgoose
08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
It isn't hard to imagine that we will get blanked

FAX
08-29-2008, 12:46 PM
My eggs are colorey. This is the perfect, season-opening game for us. The pundits and experts will give our young guys absolutely no chance. Expectations could not be lower. Herm uses this to his advantage, telling the guys just to go out, play ball, and have fun because no one expects them to win ... there's zero pressure because nobody's getting cut after this game based on performance.

We play loose and smack NE in the melon with a 2x4. Repeatedly.

Chiefs: 31
Patsys: 24

FAX

StcChief
08-29-2008, 12:52 PM
We can't sneak up on them if were talking about 'em....

PatriotsPlanet will hear us.

Buzz
08-29-2008, 02:21 PM
We can't sneak up on them if were talking about 'em....

PatriotsPlanet will hear us.

I'll be damned, there is a PatriotsPlanet! They must not be worried about the Chiefs as we havent made the front page...

:$2500:

BossOrphan
08-29-2008, 02:39 PM
no love - thanks a lot! how many chiefs usually show up at the whaler? is it open earlier than 10 am so i can see some pregame? thanks a lot, i'll see you there.

no love
08-29-2008, 03:08 PM
maybe 9:30?
you'll be pleasantly suprised.
chiefs country upstairs with the view. All other snoozers are downstairs with freaksh...err boardwalk view.

Logical
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
My eggs are colorey. This is the perfect, season-opening game for us. The pundits and experts will give our young guys absolutely no chance. Expectations could not be lower. Herm uses this to his advantage, telling the guys just to go out, play ball, and have fun because no one expects them to win ... there's zero pressure because nobody's getting cut after this game based on performance.

FAX

This can't be right, Herm don't play no Arena ball.:spock:

JuicesFlowing
08-29-2008, 03:55 PM
Losing sucks...

If it's as bad as I expect, I'll probably turn the game off in the 3rd quarter. Hard not to get a little frustrated, rebuilding or not.

I understand that sentiment. I still managed to watch ever snap of last year's toilet flush. Granted, it turned me into a depressed, Solari-hating alcoholic, but it can't get worse than last year, right??? Maybe. No ... I will be extremely disappointed if we don't win at least 6 games though ....

JuicesFlowing
08-29-2008, 03:58 PM

FAX

I do agree that this is the perfect time to play N.E. I'm hoping that if we lose, we'll be mad as Hell and take out our revenge on Chokeland ... I'll sacrifice a N.E. loss for a total beatdown of The Halloween Gang anyday.

Kerberos
08-29-2008, 03:58 PM
WE ARE GONNA SHOCK THE WORLD!!!! and then everyone will think Herm is the best coach eva and Brodie is the second coming of Tom Brady

Got any more of that good crack you're smok'n? :bong:

Cause I wanna believe.

crazycoffey
08-29-2008, 04:32 PM
we are going to win, 28 to 24....

SAUTO
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
I'll be damned, there is a PatriotsPlanet! They must not be worried about the Chiefs as we havent made the front page...

:$2500:

did you think i was playing when i told thurman murman to go to pats planet last week?

evolve27
08-29-2008, 05:09 PM
Sippio will catch/drop a sure endzone pass, after the Pat's put in there 2nd string players, and Bobby as a legit starter will still be a myth due to his "lack of speed".