PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz: A Final Roster Guess-Corrected

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2008, 04:36 PM
http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/a-final-roster-guess.html

A Final Roster Guess-Corrected
August 29, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

OK, here’s my guess on the roster as it will look at 3 p.m. on Saturday, when the Chiefs must turn in their moves to reach the NFL maximum of 53 players.

(UPDATE: Thanks goodness for you eagle-eye readers who noticed I did not have Jamaal Charles down. Obviously a major screw up on my part. That’s been corrected and I’ve adjusted accordingly to keep within the 53-man limit. Must have been too much water on the brain last night at Arrowhead!)

QUARTERBACK (3): Brodie Croyle, Tyler Thigpen and Damon Huard.

HALFBACK (5): Larry Johnson, Kolby Smith, Jamaal Charles, Jackie Battle and Dantrell Savage.

FULLBACK (2): Mike Cox and Chris Manderino.

TIGHT END (3): Tony Gonzalez, Brad Cottam and J.P. Foschi.

WIDE RECEIVER (5): Dwayne Bowe, Devard Darling, Will Franklin, Maurice Price and Jeff Webb.

OFFENSIVE LINE (8): Branden Albert, Brian Waters, Rudy Niswanger, Adrian Jones, Damion McIntosh, Herb Taylor, Barry Richardson and Wade Smith.

DEFENSIVE LINE (8): Turk McBride, Tank Tyler, Glenn Dorsey, Tamba Hali, Alfonso Boone, Ron Edwards. T.J. Jackson and Brian Johnston.

LINEBACKERS (6): Derrick Johnson, Pat Thomas, Donnie Edwards, Demorrio Williams, Wes Dacus and Napoleon Harris.

CORNERBACKS (6): Pat Surtain, Brandon Flowers, Brandon Carr, Dimitri Patterson, Tyron Brackenridge and Maurice Leggett.

SAFETIES (4): Jarrad Page, Bernard Pollard, Jon McGraw and DaJuan Morgan.

SPECIAL TEAMS (3): Nick Novak, Dustin Colquitt and J.P. Darche.

I believe the Chiefs will add at least one, maybe two or more players from the waiver wire. If I had to rate my picks one through 53, then I would rate veteran linebacker Napoleon Harris and G Tre Stallings as the No. 52 and 53 players. Both may not even make the roster on Saturday.

Kylo Ren
08-29-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, he did it again. He listed Stallings as #52 and yet Stallings isn't on his list of 8 O-lineman.

Rausch
08-29-2008, 05:58 PM
Keep all 5 HB's?

Awesome...

The Franchise
08-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Keep all 5 HB's?

Awesome...

All 5 HBs and 2 FBs? Not going to happen.

teedubya
08-29-2008, 06:03 PM
No Sippio? **** No!!!

The Bad Guy
08-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Why the **** would you keep 2 FBs?

Purely stupid.

FAX
08-29-2008, 06:08 PM
Yeah. I'm not so sure that Gretz isn't operating near one of those ineluctable, inescapable cred vacuums that sucks all light, matter, intelligence, thought, and obese sportswriters down into their boundless void and stretches out their molecules into infinitesimal particle strings and blasts the remains right out into another dimension where the little green people stand around with their collection baskets.

7 RBs and no SIPPIO!!!? Ridiculous.

FAX

Mecca
08-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Why the **** would you keep 2 FBs?

Purely stupid.

Carl sounded pretty intent on keeping 2 FB's in the booth last night.

SAUTO
08-29-2008, 06:13 PM
Yeah. I'm not so sure that Gretz isn't operating near one of those ineluctable, inescapable cred vacuums that sucks all light, matter, intelligence, thought, and obese sportswriters down into their boundless void and stretches out their molecules into infinitesimal particle strings and blasts the remains right out into another dimension where the little green people stand around with their collection baskets.

7 RBs and no SIPPIO!!!? Ridiculous.

FAX
you see mr fax if we play like we played against st louis(48 yds passing)then we would need 7 rbs and maybe no receivers

SAUTO
08-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Carl sounded pretty intent on keeping 2 FB's in the booth last night.

can one be battle? carl said no but to keep manderino and cut battle would be ludicrous

Deberg_1990
08-29-2008, 06:42 PM
So all 11 draft picks made the team!!! Robinson is on the PUP

KCJohnny
08-29-2008, 09:13 PM
I'm cool with this as long as Maurice Price makes the team.
Hard to imagine keeping 5 HBs when we are so thin at LB.

beach tribe
08-30-2008, 05:22 AM
Well, he did it again. He listed Stallings as #52 and yet Stallings isn't on his list of 8 O-lineman.

ROFLROFL

Rain Man
08-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Seriously, does Gretz ever go back and read his stuff? Every article I see from him seems to contain one or more blatant errors.

unlurking
08-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I would guess this was written BEFORE he made the update about adding Charles. Stallings was the probably the player removed from the active list to make room for Charles.