PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs-Rams Postgame Quote - Players

Tribal Warfare
08-29-2008, 07:03 PM
http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/08/28/chiefsrams_postgame_quote__players/

Chiefs-Rams Postgame Quote - Players
Aug 28, 2008, 11:23:04 PM

QB BRODIE CROYLE
On scoring a touchdown tonight: “It’s big for us. We want to come out here and put together a couple of good drives and we were able to do that. We did what we needed to do.”

Was it important to play well since tonight was the last preseason game? “It was. That’s why we played a little bit longer. We knew we weren’t as bad as we played last week. It was good for us to get back out here and get some confidence heading into our game with the Patriots.”

On the performance of RB Jamaal Charles: “Those are two really good running backs. It was good getting Jamaal out there. He might be one of the fastest football players I’ve ever been around. He is a football player, he loves blocking. He’s great running screens. He’s going to be a huge help for us this year.”

On the start of the 2008 season: “This is what we all wanted. As soon as you start training camp you look forward to that first game. You don’t look forward to preseason games. You look forward to when it counts. We’re ready to go in there and get going.”

G BRIAN WATERS
On the offense: “I think we did what we had planned to do. After last week we wanted to get back on a positive note going into the (regular) season and I think that’s what we did. We did some things that we really liked and our young guys really played hard and finished the game off the way you want them to.”

On the game: “I think these last two weeks have been a real challenge, mentally, for this football team. We realized something after the Miami game – it really wasn’t that bad. I’m sure we’ll realize some things after this game that weren’t that good. Hopefully we’ll get back to being a really consistent football team. We have 16 chances to become a playoff football team and we want to be as consistent as possible.”

S JARRAD PAGE
On the game: “We had to come in here and get a win at Arrowhead and we got it done. They fought back at the end but we got it done.”

On the Chiefs Red Zone coverage: “That’s where you have to take pride, down in that area. The team has two choices – they can punch it in for a touchdown or they can end up attempting a field goal (or they could turn it over). Of course we always want to get either a turnover or force them into that field goal. We try our best to keep them out of the end zone.”

RB KOLBY SMITH
On the competition at the RB position: “Each one of us is different. You can’t say, ‘Well, this one does this and this one does that.’ Each of our differences makes the team better. It makes things that much harder for the defense.”

FAX
08-29-2008, 08:17 PM
“Those are two really good running backs. It was good getting Jamaal out there. He might be one of the fastest football players I’ve ever been around. He is a football player, he loves blocking. He’s great running screens. He’s going to be a huge help for us this year.”

Take that, LJ Cool J Blow J Whiff J.

FAX