PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Homer of all homers

JuicesFlowing
08-31-2008, 09:20 AM
I am not a fantasy football guy. However, I just had my draft on ESPN.com and I picked LJ, Bowe, and Gonzo. I also have Charles as a backup. That's why I hate fantasy football, because if you are a Chiefs fan, you have to cheer for other players on other teams, which sucks ass. I will probably go 0-13 but I will have a lot of fun doing it.

StcChief
08-31-2008, 09:21 AM
this could be a highlight of what NOT do in FF

JuicesFlowing
08-31-2008, 09:26 AM
I know. I don't lose a dime, and really, I could care less. Fantasy Football is contradictory to rooting for your home team. It's a lose-lose situation.

milkman
08-31-2008, 09:33 AM
So, why the hell even play if you aren't even going to try.

Deberg_1990
08-31-2008, 09:35 AM
If you are a severe homer, Fantasy Football is probably not for you.

That goes for anyone....

JuicesFlowing
08-31-2008, 09:37 AM
I get your point. My picks aren't that far-fetched. Gonzo is one of the best tight ends in football. I think LJ will have a good year. And Bowe was a phenom in his rookie year. It's not like those 3 are bad players. I just hate knowing if i am playing FFL, that someone else has those guys and is possibly beating me. I know, it's stupid ... but it's the only way i can have the best of both worlds as a fan and FFL player. Unless I join more than one league, which i refuse to do because of time constraints.

Tits McGee
08-31-2008, 09:38 AM
What are going to do during week 6, your bye week.

JuicesFlowing
08-31-2008, 09:39 AM
If you are a severe homer, Fantasy Football is probably not for you.

That goes for anyone....

I know this. And I totally agree. Just "taking one for the home team" as they say. I do in fact have 6 other starters that aren't Chiefs ... of course, they also aren't from the AFC West ...

JuicesFlowing
08-31-2008, 09:40 AM
What are going to do during week 6, your bye week.

7 reserves ... the bye weeks are covered at each position.

The Bad Guy
08-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Fantasy football is not a lose-lose situation.

It's the opposite.

When your team sucks balls, you have reason to give a shit about the NFL.

blueballs
08-31-2008, 10:12 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RRrQSGD2e14&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RRrQSGD2e14&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ChiefGator
08-31-2008, 11:20 AM
I tried to balance out my homerism with the requirements of fantasy football.

I ranked all the players based on their performance over the last two years, and the ESPN projections in our fantasy league. I used the scoring system we have for our fantasy team of course.

Then, I used a multiplier to add in my homerism. Chief players got a bonus of 10% (1.1 multiplier). Other AFC West teams got a bonus of -15% and other teams we play got a bonus of -5%. Then, I committed to play my board as much as possible.

Even after all this, LJ was ranked #19 on my list. At that point, I decided I shouldn't reach for LJ in the first. But, there was a major run on RB's (5 picked before me I think) and I got LJ with the 8th pick. Higher than I wanted, but at least it made sense and according to my ranking he was the 6th or 7th best RB. He ended up being the only Chief on my team though.

I wanted Tony, but I think I'm glad now that I didn't get him. I hate Shockey, but he will probably be a better fantasy player, and at least he's not in the AFC West.

- Mark

luv
08-31-2008, 11:48 AM
I use FF as an opportunity to learn more about players on other teams. I did end up with Gonzo, and picked up Croyle as my third string QB.

evolve27
08-31-2008, 12:03 PM
I use FF as an opportunity to learn more about players on other teams. I did end up with Gonzo, and picked up Croyle as my third string QB.

I am not a fantasy football guy. However, I just had my draft on ESPN.com and I picked LJ, Bowe, and Gonzo. I also have Charles as a backup. That's why I hate fantasy football, because if you are a Chiefs fan, you have to cheer for other players on other teams, which sucks ass. I will probably go 0-13 but I will have a lot of fun doing it.

You both need to re-evaluate your proper football judgement.

luv
08-31-2008, 12:06 PM
You both need to re-evaluate your proper football judgement.

In my defense, Witten and Winslow were already taken, and Brodie was the only starting QB left whenever I went to pick my third QB in the next to last round.

evolve27
08-31-2008, 12:12 PM
In my defense, Witten and Winslow were already taken, and Brodie was the only starting QB left whenever I went to pick my third QB in the next to last round.

I don't want to laugh at you or anything, but BBWAHAHAAHA, ROFL.....

“In certain trying circumstances, urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity furnishes a relief denied even to prayer.”
Mark Twain

JuicesFlowing
08-31-2008, 12:58 PM
I tried to balance out my homerism with the requirements of fantasy football.

I ranked all the players based on their performance over the last two years, and the ESPN projections in our fantasy league. I used the scoring system we have for our fantasy team of course.

Then, I used a multiplier to add in my homerism. Chief players got a bonus of 10% (1.1 multiplier). Other AFC West teams got a bonus of -15% and other teams we play got a bonus of -5%. Then, I committed to play my board as much as possible.

Even after all this, LJ was ranked #19 on my list. At that point, I decided I shouldn't reach for LJ in the first. But, there was a major run on RB's (5 picked before me I think) and I got LJ with the 8th pick. Higher than I wanted, but at least it made sense and according to my ranking he was the 6th or 7th best RB. He ended up being the only Chief on my team though.

I wanted Tony, but I think I'm glad now that I didn't get him. I hate Shockey, but he will probably be a better fantasy player, and at least he's not in the AFC West.

- Mark

My first pick was also #8, and I chose LJ. I didn't think it was reaching all that much. I guess my point is, it will be a whole lot funner cheering him on when it comes gametime ...