PDA

View Full Version : Football Broncos shopping Foxworth

RustShack
09-01-2008, 02:01 PM
Cornerback Dominique Foxworth was selected by the Broncos in round three of the 2005 draft. Three seasons into his career, the team is in the process of trading him.

According to Bill Williamson of ESPN.com, Foxworth has been informed that the Broncos are shopping him.

“They didn’t have to give me a warning,” Foxworth said. “They are being classy about it. I’m not upset about it at all.”

If/when Foxworth is gone, the backups to Champ Bailey and Dre’ Bly will be Karl Paymah and rookie Jack Williams, a fourth-round draft pick.

Foxworth has one year remaining on his rookie contract. He’s due to earn $927,000 in base salary this season.

PFT

StcChief
09-01-2008, 02:04 PM
bring him in. isn't that what we do....

rtmike
09-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Leinart torched him a bunch the game I watched last night. I remember thinking I hope the Chiefs coaches are watching this.

BigVE
09-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Leinart torched him a bunch the game I watched last night. I remember thinking I hope the Chiefs coaches are watching this.

Watching what? Watching the Donk's backup get burned? Or were you impressed and hoped that our coaches would try to pick him up? I don't get it.

Mr. Kotter
09-01-2008, 02:50 PM
I met Foxworth this past summer. Nice guy. Smart guy. Has seemed to have a decent career thus far. Seemed to me like someone I could see in KC. I think he could compete for a nickle role immediately; and with Surtain's age....who knows, he could be better than our other options. Donks won't send him here though.

:hmmm:

RustShack
09-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Sign Wesley and trade staright up?

Chiefshrink
09-01-2008, 04:15 PM
Don't do it! He sucks!!

rtmike
09-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Watching what? Watching the Donk's backup get burned? Or were you impressed and hoped that our coaches would try to pick him up? I don't get it.

Leinart was lighting him up so I was hoping KC's staff was watching to possibly call some plays for Franklin or whoever our slot receiver is at the time.

Or the Donks may move their DB onto the slot receiver and the nickel DB out on the end like we do w/ Surtain.

Does it really matter what I think?

blueballs
09-01-2008, 07:13 PM
buyer undisclosed

Broncos | Foxworth to be traded
Mon, 1 Sep 2008 17:48:20 -0700

Denver Broncos CB Domonique Foxworth will be traded in the next day or two. He was held out of practice Monday, Sept. 1, while the deal is finalized.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

blueballs
09-02-2008, 10:53 AM
Report: Broncos trade CB Foxworth to Falcons

By PFW staff
Sept. 2, 2008

Reports from Denver on Tuesday morning say that the Broncos have agreed to trade CB Domonique Foxworth to the Falcons for a late-round draft pick in 2009.

Foxworth, a fourth-year veteran out of Maryland, is in the final year of his contract. He was deemed expendable when the Broncos claimed ex-Titans CB Calvin Lowry off waivers.

Foxworth started 18 games and had three interceptions in his three seasons with the Broncos.

Micjones
09-02-2008, 10:59 AM
Wouldn't have been bad for depth purposes, but we've got some talented young guys who likely would've been ahead of him anyway.