PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs So is Sams or Savage still on the roster because of injury?

Mr. Laz
09-01-2008, 06:05 PM
1. The Chiefs don't/can't cut Sams while he is injured because of a bunch of NFLPA crap they would have to deal with

2. Dantrell Savage is still on the roster until Sams gets over his injury?

3 other?

Skip Towne
09-01-2008, 06:11 PM
1. The Chiefs don't/can't cut Sams while he is injured do to a bunch of NFLPA crap they would have to deal with

2. Dantrell Savage is still on the roster until Sams gets over his injury?

3 other?

I'll bet Sams isn't in any hurry to get well.

BigVE
09-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I think you nailed with it options 1 and 2 Laz.

Mr. Laz
09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
I think you nailed with it options 1 and 2 Laz.
so you think both sams and savage are going to get cut?

BigVE
09-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Oops, I'm sorry, no I meant that the only reason Sams is still around is because of his injury and the whole NFLPA crap. Savage made the team on his return abilities alone IMO. IF for some reason Sams comes back healthy here pretty quick then it may be a toss up. Savage is still auditioning for now...its his to win or lose.

blueballs
09-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Sams had a far better game thursday than Savage
Sams may have the edge
I like Savage but can't argue with them going with Sams

Hammock Parties
09-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Nick called this one.

Deberg_1990
09-01-2008, 06:36 PM
I feel they both made it because of their superior return talent.

Chiefs have deepest return team talent in the league.

blueballs
09-01-2008, 06:40 PM
I kinda think they go with Sams like they did Novak
Priefer should be a wisker from going under the bus
and probably wants the vets

brorth
09-01-2008, 06:51 PM

chop
09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Nick called this one.

He also said that Sippio was going to make the team. He has also called many things in the past that were not remotely close to being accurate. I think it's called making things up to try to sell subscriptions. If you feel the need to pimp every thing he calls correctly, I think someone should follow up with all of the other things he hasn't.

Skip Towne
09-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Nick called this one.

Shut up you phony. You're not fooling anybody.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Shut up you phony. You're not fooling anybody.

Just the facts, baby. Nick CALLED IT!!! STONE COLD! SAMS 'N SAVAGE!

Skip Towne
09-01-2008, 07:06 PM

You want STONE COLD see what chop said. Nobody pays any attention to you or your brother. You got any idea why he is called "The erroneous one"?

Mecca
09-01-2008, 07:07 PM
They be better be preparing to cut Sams, it just amuses me that a team with serious lack of players at WR, DE and LB would carry 2 return men.

alanm
09-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Nick called this one.
Nick giving blow jobs for info now?

booger
09-01-2008, 07:48 PM
The fact he is dinged up really doesn't matter with Sams

They could reach and injury settlement and cut him or place him on IR until he is healthy enough to work out then cut him while paying his salary in the meantime.

Or if he isn't a vested vet and subject to the waiver process they would waived/injured him. Then someone could claim him. If unclaimed he would go to our IR.

But i get what you're saying Laz, it's frustrating taking up that roster spot.

I think they are hesitant about Savage's punt return ability, if he is the kind of returner to make the tougher punt catches opposed to KO's. We could use Charles or Webb on KR. I don't know if anyone else besides sams or savage can return punts. Maybe Leggitt, he was doing that early on in camp.

We also have Kevin Robinson on PUP who we could activate after 6 weeks as a WR/PR/KR.

I wish they would make up their mind. It also ties up a spot at RB. If savage is cut we are down to 4 which would fit. If they cut sams though they still have 5 RB's and would have to cut or trade Battle.

I'm still really uneasy about DE and LB. Erik Walden will help as a Rush end as will Demorrio and DJ rushing the passer. D. Edwards sure showed his age in camp and looked really rusty against STL. And Nap Harris seems to have a poor attitude losing his job this offseason and not able to beat out Pat Thomas. Neither he or edwards play special teams. That's still a mess IMO.

As far as another pure DE all we have is Jason Parker on the PS.

Hoover
09-01-2008, 07:49 PM
I can't stand adult men who get hard-ons from over other men.

Jesus dude, if he's all that why in th fu@k do you come over here?

Thats right, this place has traffic.

booger
09-01-2008, 07:52 PM
of our 53 we are:

Off: 26
Def: 23
SP. T: 4

a little too unbalanced. IMO

kcsam07
09-01-2008, 07:56 PM
actually according to herms q and a from today herm said sams was running around full speed i hope we do give him a shot he looked good except for the fumble against the rams

Coach
09-01-2008, 07:59 PM
actually according to herms q and a from today herm said sams was running around full speed i hope we do give him a shot he looked good except for the fumble against the rams

Uh, it was Savage that made the fumble aganist the Rams.

Chiefshrink
09-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Although we don't think they have the luxury of holding on to 2 spots, there may be a real split on the staff as who to keep. Thus they may be still competing into the season and one of them will be cut in the next 2 weeks. Just IMHO.:shrug:

Chiefshrink
09-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Uh, it was Savage that made the fumble aganist the Rams.

Yes but it is Sams that likes to fair catch:cuss:

Coach
09-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Although we don't think they have the luxury of holding on to 2 spots, there may be a real split on the staff as who to keep. Thus they may be still competing into the season and one of them will be cut in the next 2 weeks. Just IMHO.:shrug:

That could be possible, but another scenerio that I could see is when Kevin Robinson comes off of the PUP list and is healthy enough that the Chiefs are confident that he can do the return game where they could release Sams and/or Savage.

Chiefshrink
09-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Robinson better be the second coming of Hester

Skip Towne
09-01-2008, 08:12 PM

Good question. If he thinks WPI is so great why does he spend all his time here? He has NO credibility.

kcsam07
09-01-2008, 08:47 PM
guess i should think before i post lol

aturnis
09-01-2008, 08:54 PM
I wish they would make up their mind. It also ties up a spot at RB. If savage is cut we are down to 4 which would fit. If they cut sams though they still have 5 RB's and would have to cut or trade Battle.

As long as one of the RB's returns kicks, I don't think they care if they have an extra one.

I do think Sams may be sticking around though b/c of Savages missteps. Before the Rams game, the coaches were comfortable with Savage, then came the fumble. An old problem that reared it's ugly head back in RiverFalls in the run game. I remember Herm saying he needed to get a handle on his fumble problem. Otherwise, it was like free fig newton day or something, once they hear there are free figs, everyone's showing trying to get some. I think he used something else other than the figs, but basically, if they know he's got fumblitis, they'll lead with a helmet to the bread basket or come in swatting.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Good question. If he thinks WPI is so great why does he spend all his time here? He has NO credibility.

Dude, I've said many times the WPI forum isn't great. I do hit it though, every day. There's no question Chiefplanet blows it away, though.

aturnis
09-01-2008, 09:00 PM
Dude, I've said many times the WPI forum isn't great. I do hit it though, every day. There's no question Chiefplanet blows it away, though.

Yeah, b/c we have huger brains, and big cocks. Yeah you like that don't ya....

sicko.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Yeah, b/c we have huger brains, and big cocks. Yeah you like that don't ya....

sicko.

Are you a homophobe?

aturnis
09-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Do you want me to be?

weirdo.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2008, 09:05 PM
I don't want you to be anything but what you are. You sound like a homophobe though.

aturnis
09-01-2008, 09:07 PM
jeezus chrst....

just funnin' with ya.

Hammock Parties
09-01-2008, 09:10 PM
So you have no problems with gays?

aturnis
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
why would I? And what's it to you?

Hammock Parties
09-01-2008, 09:12 PM
Just curious.

ptlyon
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
So you have no problems with gays?

No, that is why we accept you. What you do with your dick and your ass is no business of ours...

Skip Towne
09-01-2008, 09:16 PM

Either way, GO AWAY with your ignorant pimping of that place. We're sick of it and you.

J Diddy
09-01-2008, 09:18 PM

That's his MO

guesses off the wall crap all the time and when 1 comes true he has inside knowledge

I call it a blind squirrel finding a nut

aturnis
09-01-2008, 09:18 PM
yeah pt, kinda getting that same vibe from goatse. seems a little too offended.

I don't make gay jokes b/c I'm a homophobe. I make them b/c they are funny. Just like all the other offensive jokes are funny. There is a reason Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, Daniel Tosh, Carlos Mencia, and Chris Rock to name a few, have made plenty of money. They make all the jokes you want to, but won't. The ones you laugh at, but for some, only at home. It's funny, lighten up.

ptlyon
09-01-2008, 09:21 PM
yeah pt, kinda getting that same vibe from goatse. seems a little too offended.

That goatse? Haven't been around for a long time. Can't keep up with these people that change their names all the time...

Pretty gay really...

Skip Towne
09-01-2008, 09:25 PM
That's his MO

guesses off the wall crap all the time and when 1 comes true he has inside knowledge

I call it a blind squirrel finding a nut

So true. The dumb bastard thinks he's fooling us. Everybody knows he knows nothing.