PDA

View Full Version : Football Ethan Lock about to get f'd in the a

Hammock Parties
09-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Woohoo!

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=452117

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Oregon offensive tackle Fenuki Tupou missed the Ducks' season-opening win over Washington because he accepted a meal and received $100 from the representative of a professional sport management firm, the university said Sunday.

The 6-foot-6, 330-pound senior served the one-game, NCAA-imposed suspension Saturday after reporting his actions to the athletic department earlier in the week and turning the money over to its compliance office, said Dave Williford, a department spokesman.

Tupou told university officials he met with a representative of LMM Sports Management at a Eugene restaurant in July. The representative, according to Tupou, paid for the $10 meal and gave him five $20 bills during a parting handshake.

Tupou said he tried to return the cash several times, but was refused. According to NCAA bylaws, athletes can meet with agents, but can't accept any benefits or enter a formal agreement until their playing eligibility is complete.

Officials from Phoenix-based LMM Management could not be reached for comment Sunday.

Williford said the university notified the Pacific-10 Conference and the NCAA, who in turn notified the NFL Players Association, the union that oversees agents.

The NCAA issued the one-game suspension Friday afternoon and ordered Tupou to donate the money to charity.

"I'm sorry that I allowed myself to be put in this situation," Tupou said in a statement released by the university. "I apologized to my teammates and coaches. It will not happen again."

http://www.collegefootballtalk.com/2008/09/02/topou-blows-whistle-on-agent/

Oregon tackle Fenuki Topou (gesundheit . . . that never gets old . . . wait, maybe it isn’t that funny, after all) missed the team’s season-opening win because he admitted to receiving money from a sports agent.

Topou told the school that he met with a representative of LMM Sports Management in July. The LMM representative paid for Topou’s $10 meal (what did he get, water and a house salad?) and then pressed five twenties into his hand during a parting handshake.

Oregon notified the NCAA, which in turn notified the NFLPA.

And the NFLPA likely will soon be up the rear end of LMM, whose principal agents are Ethan Lock, Eric Metz, and Lance Malinovic.

“I’m sorry that I allowed myself to be put in this situation,” Tupou said in a statement released by the school. ”I apologized to my teammates and coaches. It will not happen again.”

Wow. We admire the kid for doing the right thing. The only problem is that, for every Fenuki Topou, there are countless others who pocket the money and never say a word.

So here’s to you, Topou. If you’re ever in town, we’ll buy you a meal.

As long as it’s only water and a house salad.

Hammock Parties
09-03-2008, 09:40 AM
No one cares?

Seriously, F Ethan Lock!

Rausch
09-03-2008, 09:43 AM
No one cares?

Seriously, F Ethan Lock!

For one shining moment there was agreement as middle fingers pointed towards the sky...

milkman
09-03-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't give a rat's ass about Ethan Locke, but the kid got screwed.

It says he reported this, and he tried to return the money.

He did get a free "$10 dollar" meal, but it sounds as though he did exactly what he should have done, and got a one game suspension for his honesty.

Chiefnj2
09-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I don't give a rat's ass about Ethan Locke, but the kid got screwed.

It says he reported this, and he tried to return the money.

He did get a free "$10 dollar" meal, but it sounds as though he did exactly what he should have done, and got a one game suspension for his honesty.

I agree. The NCAA sent the wrong message. If I keep quiet I play and keep the money. If I try to do the right thing, I get suspended.

blueballs
09-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Ethan lock is ****ed in the ass because
Carl Peterson is starting his own agency in 2010
he's already got a few players lined up

Mr. Plow
09-03-2008, 10:35 AM
Who holds onto $100 for 2 months?

milkman
09-03-2008, 10:47 AM
Ethan lock is ****ed in the ass because
Carl Peterson is starting his own agency in 2010
he's already got a few players lined up

Eric Hicks, Samie Parker, Greg Wesley, and Junior Siavii.

gblowfish
09-03-2008, 11:29 AM
No one cares?

Seriously, F Ethan Lock!

King Carl, are you posing as Go Chiefs?

Frosty
09-03-2008, 11:46 AM
LMAO

F the Ducks.