PDA

View Full Version : Football Barry Switzer, Jon Gruden, Bill Calahan.

jjchieffan
09-02-2008, 10:14 PM
What do they have in common you ask?

They are the three reasons I believe that the Chargers are not destined for greatness. Sure, they will win this division by default. Face it the rest of the AFC West is abysmal. Just don't look to see a repeat of last years AFC Championship run. The 3 coaches mentioned above took over a team built for a championship, and took their teams to the big game in year one. After that, they all faltered. Switzer and Callahan were fired soon after, and what has Gruden done since. Turner had his chance last year, and he came up short. It is back to mediocrity for Turner and the Chargers. I expect to see him fired within 2 years. Write it down. Remember it. Sorry Buckin Kaeding.

RibKing67
09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I would agree with everything except Bill Callahan. In all fairness Gruden was the only coach to get both teams to the superbowl in the same year. Callahan only had to sit tall in the sadle and hold on. Then Gruden threw his ass off the damn horse and stomped on his throat in the big game.

Norv is not a good head coach and your right his run is about over.

jjchieffan
09-04-2008, 06:56 PM
The San Diego fans know this is true. Thats why they arent buying tickets.

jjchieffan
10-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Suck it Norv. WAHAHA

DaWolf
10-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Turner sucks.

I agree with what you say except for Gruden. Gruden was the only coach to build the Raiders into a winner and he managed to do what the Bucs could not do under Dungy by just bringing enough offense to that team to get that defense a ring. But the team was getting old so he's rebuilt it into another playoff contender.

People make fun of Gruden collecting QB's but he's always been about competition and making sre you have people to push other players, never standing pat. Then there's us, who go into a season with nobodys at key positons and watch those players fall flat on their faces...

DaneMcCloud
10-19-2008, 05:31 PM
I expect to see him fired within 2 years. Write it down. Remember it. Sorry Buckin Kaeding.

Wow, way to go out of a limb and predict that Norv Turner would be fired after four years on the job in San Diego.

What other predictions do you have for us, Carnac?

:evil:

jjchieffan
10-19-2008, 05:36 PM
Actually, I meant to say that he would be fired after 3 years at the most. if not at the end of this year. I started this thread before this season started, so I was counting this season as one of the two. He should be fired at seasons end with this seasons dismal performance.

jjchieffan
12-20-2008, 11:52 PM
I think Wade Philips belongs in this discussion as well after the dismal under performance of the Cowgirls this season. No doubt San Diego and Dallas have got to be the most underperforming teams in the league this year.