PDA

View Full Version : Life Work has me in Seattle this week.

jjchieffan
09-03-2008, 10:00 PM
I am only working 4-5 hours a day, and have the weekend as well. I want to check out the area while I am here. I know there are some guys from Seattle area on here. What do I not want to miss.

Simply Red
09-03-2008, 10:02 PM
I am only working 4-5 hours a day, and have the weekend as well. I want to check out the area while I am here. I know there are some guys from Seattle area on here. What do I not want to miss.

Take off.

Bugeater
09-03-2008, 10:07 PM
You gotta go to the Seattle Center and go up the Space Needle, if you're staying downtown you can ride the Monorail to it. Pike Place Market is cool too. Just be ready for the panhandlers, they're everywhere down there.

jjchieffan
09-03-2008, 10:15 PM
The space needle is on my list. So is fresh seafood. I never heard of the Pike Place Market. I will check it out.

Bugeater
09-03-2008, 10:22 PM
The space needle is on my list. So is fresh seafood. I never heard of the Pike Place Market. I will check it out.

The market is downtown, it's that place where you always see the guys throwing fish whenever MNF is in Seattle. Flopnuts usually shows up around this time of night, he can give you a better idea as far as restaurants and so forth.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2008, 11:27 PM
I'll send you a smoke on some hot spots around town. In the meantime go to the U district and get yourself some Dicks...............hamburgers of course!!!!!

http://www.karmaphotography.com/images/photos/dicks_hamburgers.jpg

Oh, and go check out the Fremont Troll.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/165/405953613_6fb49faf88.jpg

It's a real bug. Made by some hippie back in the day. God knows what that dude was seeing. There's tons more, the Arboretum at UW, Pike Place is a must. Get some drinks down at Pioneer Square this weekend. I'll get some shit together for you and keep you busy seeing the sights while you're here. Beautiful place no?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Westlake Center has a very cool downtown metropolitan shopping vibe to it.

Phobia
09-03-2008, 11:44 PM
I've been to every major city in the U.S. - except Seattle. Crazy, I know.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2008, 11:48 PM
I've been to every major city in the U.S. - except Seattle. Crazy, I know.

You're missing out. It's a great city. The politics and taxes suck but where don't they?

Hammock Parties
09-03-2008, 11:52 PM
The asshole waiter at the Space Needle dumped coffee in my hot chocolate. I've never recovered.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2008, 11:55 PM
The asshole waiter at the Space Needle dumped coffee in my hot chocolate. I've never recovered.

LMAO I ate there once. I'll never eat there again. That place is not there for the food. It's simply an excuse to sit there and look over the sound for an hour.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Oh, and JJ, if you're a music fan of any kind check out EMP when you're done at the Space Needle. It's right next door and it'll keep you busy for hours.

Frosty
09-04-2008, 07:32 AM
Keep one hand on your wallet, particularly if you get anywhere near Olympia.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Keep one hand on your wallet, particularly if you get anywhere near Olympia.

LMAO Same goes for Pioneer Square.

StcChief
09-04-2008, 08:29 AM
It just feels like it here...Gustov rain dump....

chiefs1111
09-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Starbucks

AndChiefs
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I'll send you a smoke on some hot spots around town. In the meantime go to the U district and get yourself some Dicks...............hamburgers of course!!!!!

http://www.karmaphotography.com/images/photos/dicks_hamburgers.jpg

Oh, and go check out the Fremont Troll.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/165/405953613_6fb49faf88.jpg

It's a real bug. Made by some hippie back in the day. God knows what that dude was seeing. There's tons more, the Arboretum at UW, Pike Place is a must. Get some drinks down at Pioneer Square this weekend. I'll get some shit together for you and keep you busy seeing the sights while you're here. Beautiful place no?

Dick's is definitely awesome. If you enjoy baseball and have time for a game I'd check out the stadium as well. It's always enjoyable (and I believe their home this weekend).

blueballs
09-04-2008, 10:35 AM
score some herion at the space needle

jjchieffan
09-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Looks like you got on here after I went to bed Flopnuts. Thanks for the info.

QuikSsurfer
09-04-2008, 11:03 AM
You will definitely want to check out the Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame :)
http://www.empsfm.org/

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 11:58 AM
You will definitely want to check out the Experience Music Project and Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame :)
http://www.empsfm.org/

Again, EMP will keep you busy for an entire day if you like music. You should check out the Pacific Science Center as well. It's all right there downtown in a 3 block radius. Go check out a Sonics ga..........oh yeah. Those assholes left, nevermind. I'm at work right now, but I'll give you some more sights to see later this afternoon. I'll put together a restaurant list too. Heh, I lost over 100 lbs and still weigh over 3 bills. This guy knows food. ;)

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Looks like you got on here after I went to bed Flopnuts. Thanks for the info.

Heh, you must have went to bed around 9pm local time. It always takes me a few days to get used to the time change when I head back into town.

jjchieffan
09-04-2008, 12:45 PM
It was about 10:00. I had to be up at 6:00 and at the store by 7:00. I am on the ferry right now, on my way to the Best Buy in Silverdale.

Frosty
09-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Be sure to register to vote while you are there. You don't have to be a resident to vote in King County - as long as you vote Democrat.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Be sure to register to vote while you are there. You don't have to be a resident to vote in King County - as long as you vote Democrat.

LMAO No lie. The ferry rides are pretty nice IMO. What do you do for BB if you don't mind me asking. Does your employee discount extend to a Chiefsplanet discount? Just askin......

jjchieffan
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM
I dont get an employee discount. I am employed by a company that contracts for them. I am going in on this project and installing 2 new computers in their geek squad. That usually takes 2hours, and they only schedule me for 2 stores a day.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Go see Kurt Cobains house.

Frosty
09-04-2008, 03:53 PM
I'll put together a restaurant list too. Heh, I lost over 100 lbs and still weigh over 3 bills. This guy knows food. ;)

Back in the '80's, I had a cousin that lived in Olympia. I would drive up and she would show me around Seattle. On one trip, we were down along the waterfront (probably Pike Place area; I don't remember for sure) and we bought gyros from a street vendor. They were amazing.

jjchieffan
09-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Where can I go to catch the Chiefs game?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Dick's is definitely awesome. If you enjoy baseball and have time for a game I'd check out the stadium as well. It's always enjoyable (and I believe their home this weekend).

Home against the Yankees. Seriously, there aren't many stadiums more beautiful than Safeco field.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Where can I go to catch the Chiefs game?

You'll have to call around. Lots of bars will have Sunday ticket. The bar I'll be at usually has a few Chiefs fans in it, but it's in Everett which is 20 miles north. If you decide to go there, I'll be the fat guy in the $35 Glenn Dorsey jersey.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 05:24 PM
My God. How I forgot this I'll never know. Probably because I've been on a diet and it's been almost a year since I've eaten one. If you like Philly Cheesesteaks, for the love of God go here.

Philly Fevre
2332 E Madison St
Seattle, WA 98112
(206) 323-1000

That's not a typo it's spelled weird. It's a little hole in the wall, and a large costs $12, but they are ****ing retarded good. The guy is from Philly and he knows EXACTLY what he's doing. If he wasn't in kind of a ghetto area and a ghetto building, he'd have gone corporate, made a million dollars, and the food would taste like shit by now. His loss is your gain because those sandwiches will first spark a boner, then cause an ejaculation. Seriously dude, go get one or four. You won't regret it. Tell him Mr. Flopnuts sent you. No. Don't. You might get shot if you say that.

kstater
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
I dont get an employee discount. I am employed by a company that contracts for them. I am going in on this project and installing 2 new computers in their geek squad. That usually takes 2hours, and they only schedule me for 2 stores a day.

No offense to your job(as has some nice perks), but if Best Buy has to fly someone halfway across the country to install a computer(especially for the department they advertise as being able to install computers) they are retarded.

jjchieffan
09-04-2008, 06:32 PM
You'll have to call around. Lots of bars will have Sunday ticket. The bar I'll be at usually has a few Chiefs fans in it, but it's in Everett which is 20 miles north. If you decide to go there, I'll be the fat guy in the $35 Glenn Dorsey jersey.

That sounds good. I am staying at the extended stay in Everett. Where is it?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 06:39 PM
That sounds good. I am staying at the extended stay in Everett. Where is it?

Jesus. Off 112th St. You're like 3 miles from my house. I'll send you a PM.

jjchieffan
09-04-2008, 06:40 PM
No offense to your job(as has some nice perks), but if Best Buy has to fly someone halfway across the country to install a computer(especially for the department they advertise as being able to install computers) they are retarded.

There is a little more to it than that. One of the pc's is the customer backup machine. It is a privacy/security issue. It is for that reason that they are having us do it. The machines they have been using are straight off the shelf. The machines we are installed are a secured Lenovo. It also has a storage tower that the hard drives go in. That tower won't even read the drive until the door to the drive is locked. Customer info is then transferred to the backup pc hard drive. It is set up so that techs can see the files, but not the contents of the files. They are really securing that information. And actually, they are not flying me. I am driving. I started in Minnesota. I spent a week in Minneapolis, the following week in western Minnesota, and Eastern North Dakota, then drove to Seattle for this week. Next week I am in Portland OR, the following week in San Francisco, the following week in Utah and Idaho, then back home.

chiefsfan987
09-04-2008, 09:00 PM
You gotta go to the Seattle Center and go up the Space Needle, if you're staying downtown you can ride the Monorail to it. Pike Place Market is cool too. Just be ready for the panhandlers, they're everywhere down there.

I wouldn't take the Monorail. Damn thing breaks down every other week it seems.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 10:35 PM
What a timely thread. I, too, will be in Seattle soon.

You ever been here?

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 11:47 PM
Nope.

Pioneer Square. It's like 12 kick ass bars in a 3 block radius. You're welcome. Hit me up if you wanna drink me under the table while you're here. I'll smoke you out. The pot is ****ing great.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-04-2008, 11:49 PM
Ballard also has a nice little ring of Irish bars.