PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs not saying we will win, but pats oline could be rusty this sun.

bringbackmarty
09-04-2008, 09:07 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/09/03/left_tackle_light_is_at_end_of_tunnel/

Left tackle Light is at end of tunnel
Limited in preseason, he seems set to play

By Christopher L. Gasper
Globe Staff / September 3, 2008
Email|Print|Single Page|Yahoo! Buzz|ShareThis Text size – +
FOXBOROUGH - Left tackle Matt Light wasn't sad to see the preseason end, and he probably had some company in his offensive linemates.

Light was limited throughout the preseason by an undisclosed injury and was out of practice from July 27 until Aug. 25. His preseason play consisted of two series against the New York Giants last Thursday.

Light, who looks to be ready to play Sunday against the Kansas City Chiefs, may have lost a lot of playing time but not his sense of humor.

"I spent most of my time with the trainers, and they're great people," he said. "I really got to know them, and we had a good time.

"I was able to get back out there for the last preseason game and knocked a little bit of rust off. I feel all right where I'm at right now, so we'll see how it goes."

Injuries to Light and centers/guards Russ Hochstein and Billy Yates forced shuffling on the offensive line and contributed to its lack of consistency and continuity in the preseason. The line allowed 12 sacks and the Patriots averaged just 3.4 yards per rush.

However, with Hochstein, who was hurt in the first preseason game, returning to practice Monday, and Yates (pinched nerve in his neck/shoulder) coming back for the final preseason game against the Giants, the Patriots should start the season with familiar faces up front, even with right guard Stephen Neal relegated to the physically unable to perform list.

"I think we've had a lot of guys in and out, a few guys banged up and bruised, but we have a good group," said Light. "We have a good core group of guys, and we have some good backups. I feel pretty confident where we're at. Obviously, we have to build on a lot of things from last year, but so far, so good."

Light did not seem very concerned that the likely starters had not had a lot of preseason snaps together.

"I think it comes back fairly quickly," said Light. "We have a lot of smart guys, guys who know what to do out there. I think, as far as working with each other, we've all been around each other for a long time now."

L.A. Chieffan
09-04-2008, 09:09 AM
printum

chiefs1111
09-04-2008, 09:12 AM
If only our line was good enough to get a decent pass rush

beach tribe
09-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Your adopt a chief is a Donkey.

Buehler445
09-04-2008, 09:20 AM

No kidding. Depending on Brady, this maybe the most beatable pats team in awhile with the broken O-Line, broken QB, and bad secondary. Belichick will undoubtedly have them playing at a high level during the 2nd half of the season, but they may not be the jaggernaut in game 1. It's too bad we are not in a position to take advantage.

Posted via Mobile Device

Jewish Rabbi
09-04-2008, 09:45 AM
You might as well have titled this thread "Not saying we'll win, but the entire Patriots team may get in accidents on the way to the stadium"

boogblaster
09-04-2008, 09:48 AM
If Hali has a decent day and we control the clock on O we have a chance ... I think our run D is much improved so that won't be a problem ... If Gun blitzes half the time and Hali gets some pressure it could be a interesting game ...

Rausch
09-04-2008, 09:49 AM
Said it before and saying it again: no more than a 10 pt game...

MichaelH
09-04-2008, 10:21 AM
My cousin is a Pats fan and lives 7 miles from Foxboro. I called him to talk smack and hear his prediction for the game. He is a Pats homer but said their offensive line isn't very good and the Chief's defense could cause problems. I also am not saying we're going to win but it seems that some Patriots fans are giving the Chiefs a better shot than the media. I told him as long as the Chiefs scored at least 1 TD, I would be happy. :)

blueballs
09-04-2008, 10:40 AM
I hear you can throw all day on that secondary
too bad herm doesn't care for arena ball

dirk digler
09-04-2008, 10:48 AM

Yep. It really doesn't matter because our D-Line isn't very good

HypnotizedMonkey
09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
JUST WIN MAYBE!!!!

Saleenman607
09-04-2008, 10:54 AM
NE has never seen the kind of SPEED we are going to show Sunday!! Hopefully, it ends up helping us.

Frazod
09-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Yep. It really doesn't matter because our D-Line isn't very good

It would be nice if Dorsey could twist Brady into a pretzel.

triple
09-04-2008, 10:57 AM
the chiefs couldn't score points against the dolphins, why are we now going to beat the patriots?

dirk digler
09-04-2008, 10:58 AM
It would be nice if Dorsey could twist Brady into a pretzel.

That would be sweet

Saleenman607
09-04-2008, 11:00 AM
the chiefs couldn't score points against the dolphins, why are we now going to beat the patriots?

That was the pre-season...we didn't want to show anything

Zouk
09-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I hear you can throw all day on that secondary
too bad herm doesn't care for arena ball

What about us? How can anyone possibly believe the strength of our personnel is the passing offense?

If this is an uptempo game I don't see how we cover let alone win.

dirk digler
09-04-2008, 11:01 AM

LMAO

:shake:

Saleenman607
09-04-2008, 11:02 AM
LMAO

:shake:

That was TIC........

triple
09-04-2008, 11:08 AM
well if that was the goal they should give themselves a pat on the back they showed absolutely nothing

Saleenman607
09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
True enough......NE has no idea what to expect.

Neither do we for that matter

chiefs1111
09-04-2008, 11:14 AM

Yup our real offense is full of flea flickers and double reverses

chiefs1111
09-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Id like to see Brandon Flowers come on a corner blitz and just pop Brady one good time.

kcchiefsus
09-04-2008, 11:17 AM

That was the ****ING PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the Colts went 0-4 in the preseason, you think that matters at all? I guarantee with a gameplan and with our starters in the entire game we wouldn't have been dominated by Miami.

triple
09-04-2008, 11:19 AM
That was the ****ING PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe the Colts went 0-4 in the preseason, you think that matters at all? I guarantee with a gameplan and with our starters in the entire game we wouldn't have been dominated by Miami.

wins and losses don't matter in the preseason.

did the colts starters fail to move the ball and get utterly dominated by a team that won 1 game last year?

if you can't see that this team still sucks you weren't watching. i am ok with it, it will take more than one year to rebuild this mess. but it's obvious they still stink.

Saleenman607
09-04-2008, 11:20 AM
One can only hope

I know I'll be watching for improvement and use this game as an barometer. We MUST get better every game.

bringbackmarty
09-04-2008, 12:34 PM
there was a problem in miami with our d, no line backers avail. plus weren't we missing a few on O? No gameplan, frustrated early, no adjustments, played not to get the qb killed.

CupidStunt
09-04-2008, 12:53 PM
there was a problem in miami with our d, no line backers avail. plus weren't we missing a few on O? No gameplan, frustrated early, no adjustments, played not to get the qb killed.

No Waters, no Gonzalez, no LJ, no gameplan, no f**king desire to even be playing the worthless game.

Oh noesszzz, we didn't win teh game or scor sum pointz so we r teh suxorzz!!!1111!!

StcChief
09-04-2008, 01:11 PM
See we are sneaking up on them. shhhhh.

Rooster
09-04-2008, 01:59 PM
I told him as long as the Chiefs scored at least 1 TD, I would be happy. :)

What? Seven points! That's arena ball!! :p

CoMoChief
09-04-2008, 03:18 PM

because "SUPPOSEDLY" we were running Herm Edwards Tecmo Bowl (yes...the original NES Tecmo Bowl where you can only choose 4 plays) playbook

FAX
09-04-2008, 04:36 PM
It's time for The Mamba to strike.

FAX

aturnis
09-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Your adopt a chief is a Donkey.

Yeah, I think it's time to move on. Adopt a new one dammit! There are umpteen fatherless rookies on the roster and you stick with a donkey?