PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz: Thursday Update 9/4

Tribal Warfare
09-04-2008, 03:18 PM
http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/thursday-practice-update-94.html#more-1974

Thursday Update 9/4
September 4, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From the Truman Sports Complex

The Chiefs went through a normal practice session for a Thursday, driven inside again by the unusually wet September weather.

In fact the Chiefs are watching the weather very closely in New England. Hurricane Hannah is on a path that will take it into New England on Saturday night/Sunday morning. The team is scheduled to leave on Saturday at noon, but they are considering alternate travel plans as they watch the weather build on the eastern seaboard.

WR Maurice Price did not work in the practice and WR Will Franklinís participation was limited as he recovers from his knee surgery. I think itís safe to say that Price and Franklin will be two of the game-day inactive players for the Chiefs.

DT Tank Tyler was not on the practice field, excused for personal reasons. Heís expected to be back for practice work on Friday. His snaps were shared by the three other DTs.

The Chiefs also announced their captains for the season, as voted by their teammates. LG Brian Waters will represent the offense. MLB Pat Thomas and CB Patrick Surtain will stand up for the defense. S Jon McGraw is the special teams captain

keg in kc
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
Wow, the team voted Pat Thomas as one of the captains??

Nightfyre
09-04-2008, 03:20 PM
I think it is a great sign for Thomas to be a defensive captain. Either that or really bad.

RealSNR
09-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Awesome! We'll have Dwayne Bowe, Clayton's manwhore Darling, and Jeff "look ma, no feet" Webb as our receivers against the Patriots.

**** me

El Jefe
09-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Pat Thomas as Captain???LMAO. I would of hoped DJ would be the captain, not someone I never even heard of a month ago.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2008, 03:47 PM
Awesome! We'll have Dwayne Bowe, Clayton's manwhore Darling, and Jeff "look ma, no feet" Webb as our receivers against the Patriots.

**** me

Dont forget that Tony G, Cottam, LJ and Charles can also catch.

The Franchise
09-04-2008, 03:47 PM

**** me

Did you actually think that we were ever going to run a play with more than 3 WRs?

As it stands right now we could have Bowe, Darling, Webb, Gonzo and Charles in the backfield.

Deberg_1990
09-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Pat Thomas as Captain???LMAO. I would of hoped DJ would be the captain, not someone I never even heard of a month ago.

Why wouldnt the QB be the team captain on offense as well?

Oh well...The title is probably more of a formality than anything.

kcchiefsus
09-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Did you actually think that we were ever going to run a play with more than 3 WRs?

As it stands right now we could have Bowe, Darling, Webb, Gonzo and Charles in the backfield.

I'm pretty sure they went 4 wide a few times in the preseason, particularly in the first game.

A month ago you could have said did you actually think they would direct snap to Larry Johnson on 3rd and short? Perhaps this offense isn't so conservative or predictable as it has been made out to be.

Sure-Oz
09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
They probably did rock, paper, scissors for the honors

HemiEd
09-04-2008, 04:00 PM
They probably did rock, paper, scissors for the honors

What else do captains do, besides participate in the coin toss?

Buehler445
09-04-2008, 04:02 PM

Pull Benny Sapp off TJ Who'syourmama

Posted via Mobile Device

FAX
09-04-2008, 04:38 PM

Oversee Gunther's wardrobe. You know, make sure he's wearing matching socks.

FAX