PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Teicher: Chiefs notebook: Edwards excited about opener

Tribal Warfare
09-06-2008, 12:09 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/784226.html

Chiefs notebook: Edwards excited about opener

Almost game time

Coach Herm Edwards will see his plan for rebuilding the Chiefs come to fruition Sunday when they begin the season against the Patriots in New England. He was in favor of blowing up the roster after last season’s debacle, and the Chiefs now have 15 rookies and 10 other players in their second NFL season.

Not all will play against the Patriots, but most should.

“I’m anxious but excited for these guys,” Edwards said. “When you’ve been around them for as long as we’ve been around them as a staff, you’ve watched them grow and watched them get better and the first real test is going to happen to them Sunday.

“From there, we’ll continue to coach them and get better. That’s what we have to do.”

Injury update

The Chiefs apparently will play against the Patriots with only three wide receivers: Dwayne Bowe, Devard Darling and Jeff Webb. Their two other receivers, Will Franklin and Maurice Price, did not practice.

The Chiefs will also take only five linebackers to Foxborough unless they make a roster move before Sunday’s game. Napoleon Harris didn’t practice because of continuing soreness in his knee, and Edwards said Harris wouldn’t play against the Patriots.

One of the five linebackers is rookie Erik Walden, who was claimed off waivers only last weekend. Walden probably will suit up for the game and play on special teams.

KcMizzou
09-06-2008, 12:16 AM
I know it's not popular to like Herm these days, but i believe him.

I think he's really excited to have these guys... and see what they can do.

We all wanted to rebuild... and now we got it. If you don't have the patience to see it out... you're a hypocrite.

Let's see what these kids can do. The win/loss reccord doesn't mean much this season.
Just give up your expectations, and look for improvement.

Buehler445
09-06-2008, 12:31 AM

We all wanted to rebuild... and now we got it. If you don't have the patience to see it out... you're a hypocrite.

Let's see what these kids can do. The win/loss reccord doesn't mean much this season.

I wanted a rebuild, and I think from a personnel standpoint, I'm satisfied. We are heading in the right direction.

However, I cannot believe in Herm. I just can't I've mentioned several times that I lost all hope for Herm in the Indy game last year, when Herm decided to punt to Peyton Manning with the game on the line on 3rd down. That sealed the deal.

I think wanting a rebuild and believing in Herm are independent schools of though. That being said, I appreciate your support for Herm.

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 12:36 AM
Herm "I can't wait to get my ass handed to me, oh and make some stupid decision on clock management."

Deberg_1990
09-06-2008, 01:18 AM

I honestly dont think hes going to be here in a year or two to enjoy the fruits of his labor. Hes just setting things up for the next coach.

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 01:35 AM
Wonder if any head coaches out there are bored about their opener?

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 01:47 AM
Wonder if any head coaches out there are bored about their opener?
I wonder if any head coaches are as excited about their non-existant #2 WR as you are of ours?

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Are you prepared, MGRS13? Are you prepared to eat a giant plate of crow?

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 01:54 AM

Are you prepared to stop sucking the tit of some bum who can't even carry the jock of sub-par sippio?

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 01:59 AM
Serious question, are you just tooting this bums horn to be a jackass or do you really believe he's capable of a 30 catch/215yd/1td season(from what I've seen this would be career #'s for the no talent p.o.s.)

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Serious question, are you just tooting this bums horn to be a jackass or do you really believe he's capable of a 30 catch/215yd/1td season(from what I've seen this would be career #'s for the no talent p.o.s.)

Nope, he has skills. You'll see.

Mecca
09-06-2008, 02:03 AM
There are plenty of guys who are good in practice that are never good in games.

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 02:03 AM
Nope, he has skills. You'll see.
WHAT on earth makes you say that? Has he been planning some coming to town party for four years? If he has SKILLs why does he rufus to use them on a football field?

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 02:09 AM
There are plenty of guys who are good in practice that are never good in games.

We already know Darling is good in games. Did you miss what he did at the tail end of last year.

All of you are reading way too much into preseason.

If Darling doesn't catch a pass against the Patriots I'll leave the board for a week.

Mecca
09-06-2008, 02:12 AM
I'm highly impressed by his Ravens stats......they're something to marvel over.

Hammock Parties
You're a ****er.

Rausch
If Darling doesn't catch a pass against the Patriots I'll leave the board for a week.

Yeah, ok...

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 02:13 AM
We already know Darling is good in games. Did you miss what he did at the tail end of last year.

All of you are reading way too much into preseason.

What sentence in this post are you going to change around when it comes back to haunt you. Really what is it that makes you want to have sex with the guy? Can't you just admit it was another bad signing by the chiefs and move on. The guy shouldn't even be a #5 let alone a #2.

Rausch
09-06-2008, 02:18 AM
What sentence in this post are you going to change around when it comes back to haunt you. Really what is it that makes you want to have sex with the guy? Can't you just admit it was another bad signing by the chiefs and move on. The guy shouldn't even be a #5 let alone a #2.

Franklin will own Darling's job by week 6...

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 02:20 AM

No, he won't.

There are some real clueless Chiefs fans where Devard Darling is concerned.

FAX
09-06-2008, 02:21 AM
I'm glad that Hermoine is excited. I am too. It will be good to see our guys play in a real game. I just want to see them fight and scrap to the last whistle regardless of the score. I hope Hermoine lets them.

As for Darling, I really hope that Mr. GoChiefs is right. I am putting my faith in the mysterious and inscrutable Chan on this deal. I have to believe that he has the NFL OC experience necessary to make the right call and that, were he not up to the task, he wouldn't be our Darling, he'd be somebody else's.

FAX

Mojo Rising
09-06-2008, 02:22 AM

I don't think it was Herm's idea to totally rebuild. If it was he is an idiot.

We have the lowest payroll in the league and let go the best young defensive player (Jarred Allen) because of the risk that he would become in-eligible because of off-field circumstances?

What? If Allen were to get another DUI his salary would not count vs. the cap. Plus, we are the lowest paid team in the league. We can afford a cap hit.

Clark Hunt should have canned CP. We all agree. However, we know he wanted to keep on board until the stadium was renovated because Hunt doesn't know what he's doing.

Hunt would have won my faith if he would have pulled CP aside and forced him to reconcile with Allen. CH appears to be the lead collector for the Lamar Hunt estate. Not a leader who demands a SB now.

I would be OK with re-building if there was a different person doing the building. Having CP re-build before he exits makes no sense. He has failed at his 20 year plan. Kuharich and Edwards have as many failures.

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 02:22 AM

week 6? Hell he owns Darling now. He's done more in a chiefs uni all ready then darling will ever do.

Rausch
09-06-2008, 02:24 AM
No, he won't.

There are some real clueless Chiefs fans where Devard Darling is concerned.

You really don't get how short Herm's fuse is for underachievement is, do you?...

Rausch
09-06-2008, 02:26 AM
I don't think it was Herm's idea to totally rebuild. If it was he is an idiot.

Nein.

If you're a HC taking over a failed team and you DON'T want to immediately rebuild you're a ****ing idiot...

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 02:29 AM
You really don't get how short Herm's fuse is for underachievement is, do you?...

If Herm was really concerned about Darling he'd be playing later in preseason games.

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 02:30 AM
He does have a short fuse, but most of it is spent focusing on kickers. I hope he has a short fuse with darling. That guy should be changing oil at jiffy lube by week two.

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 02:31 AM
If Herm was really concerned about Darling he'd be playing later in preseason games.

Why play him? He can't get open, can't catch, can't even block. The only reason he's on the team is because he was carls big offseason signing. He's this years huard.

Rausch
09-06-2008, 02:33 AM
The only reason he's on the team is because he was carls big offseason signing. He's this years huard.

Carlton Grey, but close...

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 02:36 AM
It's amazing how much people read into preseason...about a player who played only a handful of snaps..

MGRS13
09-06-2008, 02:36 AM
Carlton Grey, but close...

Wow that was bad!ROFL

Mojo Rising
09-06-2008, 02:37 AM
Nein.

If you're a HC taking over a failed team and you DON'T want to immediately rebuild you're a ****ing idiot...

Immediately? Wouldn't that have been last year?

If Allen were N Smith and we were in a cap crisis and had to let him go in his twilight I could accept the rebuilding bs.

We went after 1 scrub FA and failed to sign him. You can rebuild and sign young talent.

Instead we are not spending any money and putting the people who selected Pollard, McBride, Tank, etc. in charge of the rebuild.

The Hunts must be taking record profits to the bank though. That sure makes me proud.

Rausch
09-06-2008, 02:39 AM
It's amazing how much people read into preseason...about a player who played only a handful of snaps..

Only a tad less amazing than how quickly you go from blasting a man to sticking your Reggie Tongue up his starfish 'cause he'll let you talk in front of him...

MadMax
09-06-2008, 02:39 AM
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/story/784226.html

Chiefs notebook: Edwards excited about opener

Almost game time

Coach Herm Edwards will see his plan for rebuilding the Chiefs come to fruition Sunday when they begin the season against the Patriots in New England. He was in favor of blowing up the roster after last season’s debacle, and the Chiefs now have 15 rookies and 10 other players in their second NFL season.

Not all will play against the Patriots, but most should.

“I’m anxious but excited for these guys,” Edwards said. “When you’ve been around them for as long as we’ve been around them as a staff, you’ve watched them grow and watched them get better and the first real test is going to happen to them Sunday.

“From there, we’ll continue to coach them and get better. That’s what we have to do.”

Injury update

The Chiefs apparently will play against the Patriots with only three wide receivers: Dwayne Bowe, Devard Darling and Jeff Webb. Their two other receivers, Will Franklin and Maurice Price, did not practice.

The Chiefs will also take only five linebackers to Foxborough unless they make a roster move before Sunday’s game. Napoleon Harris didn’t practice because of continuing soreness in his knee, and Edwards said Harris wouldn’t play against the Patriots.

One of the five linebackers is rookie Erik Walden, who was claimed off waivers only last weekend. Walden probably will suit up for the game and play on special teams.

I'm excited Edwards is excited. :) $^$^*&# j/k

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 02:43 AM
Only a tad less amazing than how quickly you go from blasting a man to sticking your Reggie Tongue up his starfish 'cause he'll let you talk in front of him...

I've never talked in front of Devard Darling. Nor have I ever blasted him.

If you're talking about Herm...well you're just as ignorant as the rest of the fans on this board who accuse me of selling out.

Rausch
09-06-2008, 02:48 AM
Immediately? Wouldn't that have been last year?

I was thinking immediate in...well...what the word ****ing means. IMMEDIATE.

He takes over he puts his plan in place.

No different than Marty or DV did.

Purge the roster, add the talent you want, build a winner in your image of success.

If Allen were N Smith and we were in a cap crisis and had to let him go in his twilight I could accept the rebuilding bs.

We went after 1 scrub FA and failed to sign him. You can rebuild and sign young talent.

Instead we are not spending any money and putting the people who selected Pollard, McBride, Tank, etc. in charge of the rebuild.

The Hunts must be taking record profits to the bank though. That sure makes me proud.

Clark is not Lamar fighting cancer and father time with a full plate of "been there, done that."

Clark is a brand new owner in a brand new era with a clean slate. Lamar wasn't obligated to $3it. Clark is taking over his dad's name, business, and reputation.

He feels obligated to do well. He appears to be driven to succeed.

The most laughable argument in the world is the "selling seats" angle.

When God needs money he comes to the Hunts...

Mojo Rising
09-06-2008, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=Rausch;4984603]I was thinking immediate in...well...what the word ****ing means. IMMEDIATE.

He takes over he puts his plan in place.

No different than Marty or DV did.

Purge the roster, add the talent you want, build a winner in your image of success.

Purge? As in sign Nap Harris and Ty Law?

Clark is not Lamar fighting cancer and father time with a full plate of "been there, done that."

Clark is a brand new owner in a brand new era with a clean slate. Lamar wasn't obligated to $3it. Clark is taking over his dad's name, business, and reputation.

He feels obligated to do well. He appears to be driven to succeed.

The most laughable argument in the world is the "selling seats" angle.

When God needs money he comes to the Hunts...

Lamar checked out as the Chiefs owner after he merged the AFL/NFL and won the SB. Ever since he tried to make Soccer Americas sport.

I give him credit for being a maverick. However, how can you possibly argue that he had the same interest in winning during the Steadman and Peterson years after multiple failures?

Jack Steadman is in the Ring Of Fame. That was before the cancer.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-06-2008, 03:30 AM
I really wish Lexis-Nexis could do a search of articles in Polish newspapers in late August 1939, so I could see if any of their generals were excited.

Chief Chief
09-06-2008, 06:54 AM

WOW! Putting alot on the line there, Gaythan. Are you sure you can handle that huge sacrifice?

Last year you were head-over-heels in love with Hutard and this year it's Detard. I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

Armyofme
09-06-2008, 07:58 AM
WOW! Putting alot on the line there, Gaythan. Are you sure you can handle that huge sacrifice?

Last year you were head-over-heels in love with Hutard and this year it's Detard. I'm beginning to see a pattern here...

That you like to end names with "tard"? cool

RustShack
09-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Andre Johnson had 0 catches for 0 yards, Braylong Edwards had 1 catch for 2 yards... they must be just as bad as Devard Darling :)

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2008, 09:11 PM
It won't matter about Darling as long as Croyle doesn't have time to throw, or know how to throw.