PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Brodie Croyle: WE'RE GONNA WIN

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 09:28 PM
JOE NAMATH II

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/785351.html

Brodie Croyle has been waiting for this day for more than eight months.

It’s his chance to prove himself and show that last year’s 0-6 record as a starter is behind him.

What could he do in the meantime? In those eight months, he has been sized up and dressed down, measured and charted, surrounded by support from his coaches and smothered in doubt by observers. Now, it’s Croyle’s show. The time has come to see what the third-year Chiefs quarterback can do with Kansas City’s future on his shoulders.

“It’s kind of a good spot to be in. Nobody expects that much from us,” Croyle said. “We’re just going to go out there and win the football game and prove them wrong.”

So he’s got the confidence thing down. After all, the Chiefs’ opponent today will be the New England Patriots, who went 18-1 last year and reached the Super Bowl, breaking several offensive records along the way. Croyle knows the Patriots’ story, but he has said for months that he was not intimidated by any team or situation. He would look you in the eye when he said he barely remembered that the Chiefs lost all six of those games last year.

Coach Herm Edwards started to notice the spike in the 25-year-old Croyle’s confidence and maturity during the offseason. Croyle kept showing up, and that was important to the coach. He was there early and working out late, catching a few eyefuls of film between repetitions and bites, anything to add a few pounds to that 206-pound body.

Edwards said he watched Croyle, during the offseason, go from a greenhorn to a quarterback the coach said he felt comfortable with for the long haul.

“He just needs some success,” the coach said. “It’ll come. He’ll have his day. But you can’t really worry about that; he’s got to go play and do all the little things right.”

Croyle said he did not think much about last year’s losing streak, the one that could merge into this year’s losing streak if the Chiefs don’t upset the Patriots, who were more than two-touchdown favorites. Croyle said that instead, he had worked quietly and gained his teammates’ trust, and when that first victory happened, he would enjoy that just as quietly.

“We’re not going to have a big confetti thing or anything,” he said. “It’ll be fun to win a game, but there won’t be a big party or anything.”

In the Chiefs’ case, perhaps the party planning would be more memorable than the event itself. While Croyle was busy showing up, Kansas City was busy trying to tailor an offense that protected Croyle and played to his strengths. First-year coordinator Chan Gailey’s scheme is simpler, and most times, Croyle’s biggest responsibility will be stuffing the ball between Larry Johnson’s arms and moving out of the way. When Croyle does pass, he has a new left tackle, Branden Albert, there to help cut down on the 17 times in nine games Croyle was sacked last year.

All Croyle has to worry about is being the quarterback, not becoming or staying the quarterback, which is what he dealt with last year — on top of the rest of the turmoil that comes with a 4-12 season. With Croyle’s job security came more responsibility, such as coaches allowing Croyle to change plays at the line of scrimmage. He said that didn’t happen last year.

He said this season could be a lot different.

“I feel comfortable with anything we call,” he said.

Croyle has had eight months to think about this day. Eight months of the preparation and questions, and now all that matters is whether he can handle all the Chiefs have put on him.

There wasn’t time to gauge Croyle during the preseason. Now, there’s nothing but time.

“We want to play some games that count and see where we’re at,” he said. “We have a good first test.”

Mr. Arrowhead
09-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Keep ****ing doubting Brodie Croyle all you haters

The Dynasty
09-06-2008, 09:31 PM
RUN THE BALL.

The patriots defense is OLD, downgraded and SLOW.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2008, 09:36 PM
LMAO

Croyle won't last the 1st quarter, he'll get a hangnail

kcxiv
09-06-2008, 09:38 PM
I love the spirit Brodie. Prove them all wrong, including me. lol

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 09:39 PM
WE'RE GONNA WIN

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FUB8SrlQAE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FUB8SrlQAE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Bowser
09-06-2008, 09:41 PM
WE'RE GONNA WIN

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FUB8SrlQAE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1FUB8SrlQAE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LMAO

triple
09-06-2008, 09:41 PM
well, maybe he's nuts but that is the attitude i want.

alanm
09-06-2008, 09:42 PM
I'm not doubting Croyle's confidence. I'm doubting the 5 guys (Well 4 anyway) they have playing on the line in front of him. :spock:

TinyEvel
09-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Whew! And I was SO WORRIED we were gonna lose. Now I can look forward to the game! :clap:

Mr. Arrowhead
09-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Maybe Devard Darling will decide to get open for once

Hammock Parties
09-06-2008, 09:45 PM
LMAO

Bill Belichick is the fat kid. PWNED BY CROYLE'S CANNON ARM!

xbarretx
09-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Whew! And I was SO WORRIED we were gonna lose. Now I can look forward to the game! :clap:

im just looking forward to Dorsey taking a bite out of Brady's :cuss: !!!!!

Rausch
09-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Expect a some Chaneration trickery. I'd guess 2nd half trick play for 6...

Tribal Warfare
09-06-2008, 09:49 PM
It's an Alabama alum thing

xbarretx
09-06-2008, 09:50 PM
Expect a some Chaneration trickery. I'd guess 2nd half trick play for 6...

I'd buy that for a dollar

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/3277/imagesme2.jpg

RustShack
09-06-2008, 09:55 PM
We will finally unleash our secret weapon... DVD!!!

OctoberFart
09-06-2008, 10:32 PM
What would Croyle know about winning? This is one of those blind predictions that if KC somehow pulled off the huge upset everyone would be calling him the savior. Instead after the PATS pound KC everyone is going to forget he even said anything. He has nothing to lose.

keg in kc
09-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Where's eddie k to tell 'em we're gonna break one off in thier ass.

boogblaster
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Young Guns gun-down the Powerful-Patties ... Print it ....

RibKing67
09-06-2008, 10:56 PM
I am the guy driving the Brodie bandwagon so I am going to go ahead and get this out of the way and say that I like his attitude and confidence and I hope like hell he is right.

Not wrong like this loser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzpowxGfVFE

RealSNR
09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
What would Croyle know about winning? This is one of those blind predictions that if KC somehow pulled off the huge upset everyone would be calling him the savior. Instead after the PATS pound KC everyone is going to forget he even said anything. He has nothing to lose.What if the Chiefs win and it's because Croyle played well?

FAX
09-06-2008, 11:32 PM
Go get 'em, Brodie.

FAX

Silock
09-06-2008, 11:36 PM
That sounds a lot like Matt Hasselbeck.

"We'll take the ball and we're gonna score."

Really?

evolve27
09-06-2008, 11:41 PM
Go get 'em, Brodie.

FAX

Man I hope so.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-06-2008, 11:49 PM
That sounds a lot like Matt Hasselbeck.

"We'll take the ball and we're gonna score."

Really?

How did that turn out? LOSS.

ugh we are DOOOOMMMMMMEEEDDDDDDDD

MadMax
09-06-2008, 11:51 PM
Go get 'em, Brodie.

FAX

I'm wishing the young man all the luck in the world..:)

FAX
09-06-2008, 11:53 PM
Personally, I'm ashamed that our quarterback has the nerve to actually mention in an interview that he wants to win a football game. What the hell's he thinking? We need to bench him right now and put somebody in with realistic expectations.

FAX

CosmicPal
09-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Personally, I'm ashamed that our quarterback has the nerve to actually mention in an interview that he wants to win a football game. What the hell's he thinking? We need to bench him right now and put somebody in with realistic expectations.

FAX

Brodie's got swagger! And a hot wife to go along with it.

chiefbowe82
09-06-2008, 11:57 PM
Tamba Hali and Turk McBride will be screaming off the corners all game, tank and dorsey will be plugging the middle, dj and pat will be flying to the football, page and pollard will close on the football, and flowers and carr will be shutdown corners, brodie will exploit the 8 men in the box, lj will run wild, albert will clear the way, mike cox will throw some great blocks, gonzo will be gonzo, bowe will be bowe, devard darling might even make a reception. kolby and charles will explode on a few runs. Chiefs win 24-20
and no don't tell me to pass the bong over

OctoberFart
09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Tamba Hali and Turk McBride will be screaming off the corners all game, tank and dorsey will be plugging the middle, dj and pat will be flying to the football, page and pollard will close on the football, and flowers and carr will be shutdown corners, brodie will exploit the 8 men in the box, lj will run wild, albert will clear the way, mike cox will throw some great blocks, gonzo will be gonzo, bowe will be bowe, devard darling might even make a reception. kolby and charles will explode on a few runs. Chiefs win 24-20

And the Queeefs still lose by 20+ pts.

MadMax
09-07-2008, 12:01 AM
What would Croyle know about winning? This is one of those blind predictions that if KC somehow pulled off the huge upset everyone would be calling him the savior. Instead after the PATS pound KC everyone is going to forget he even said anything. He has nothing to lose.

We slam the Chiefs here all the time and players are unmercifully crucified regularly...But you sir are a total DICK!!!! It's like you have lil man syndrome or something. However it is encouraging to see you spit out Al's cock long enough to pay us a visit.:shake:STFUSTFU

MadMax
09-07-2008, 12:07 AM
LMAO

Croyle won't last the 1st quarter, he'll get a hangnail

'''Bout the same time you get sand in yer gina?

KcMizzou
09-07-2008, 12:08 AM

FAXMr. FAX.. I've gotta say that I greatly appreciate your sarcastic brand of humor.

How dare this guy!?!?!

talastan
As President of the Brodie Croyle Fan Club, I approve his message...Go get em Brodie!! Audible the hell out of that Offense if you have to!!

Silock
How did that turn out? LOSS.

ugh we are DOOOOMMMMMMEEEDDDDDDDD

EGGSactly.

MadMax
09-07-2008, 12:09 AM

If you don't pass it over then you are bogarting and that is uncool... :D

Chiefs Pantalones
09-07-2008, 12:12 AM
'''Bout the same time you get sand in yer gina?

About the same time Chiefsplanet EXPLODES haha

MadMax
09-07-2008, 12:14 AM
About the same time Chiefsplanet EXPLODES haha

Can't argue that :)

Frankie
09-07-2008, 12:17 AM
“It’s kind of a good spot to be in. Nobody expects that much from us,” Croyle said. “We’re just going to go out there and win the football game and prove them wrong.”

I'm rooting for Brodie, but I just hope he hasn't provided locker room material that's gonna wake up a possibly sleeping giant.

KcMizzou
09-07-2008, 12:18 AM
I'm rooting for Brodie, but I just hope he hasn't provided locker room material that's gonna wake up a possibly sleeping giant.Pfffft... The Pats dont respect this team enough to care what Brodie Croyle has to say.

talastan
09-07-2008, 12:24 AM
I'm rooting for Brodie, but I just hope he hasn't provided locker room material that's gonna wake up a possibly sleeping giant.

I can read Tom Brady's Mind!! :eek:

Tom Brady: Who are we playing this weekend. Oh the Chiefs.....:shrug: who are they again?

orange
09-07-2008, 12:28 AM
They still love Brodie in 'Bama:

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2008-01-CBS.html

luv
09-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Pfffft... The Pats dont respect this team enough to care what Brodie Croyle has to say.

Is Tom playing?

KcMizzou
09-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Is Tom playing?Yeah... If he can find time between banging super models.

OctoberFart
09-07-2008, 12:37 AM
We slam the Chiefs here all the time and players are unmercifully crucified regularly...But you sir are a total DICK!!!! It's like you have lil man syndrome or something. However it is encouraging to see you spit out Al's cock long enough to pay us a visit.:shake:STFUSTFU

I'm a dick for pointing out the truth?

KcMizzou
09-07-2008, 12:38 AM
I'm a dick for pointing out the truth?No sir.

You're a dick for making it a point to be a dick.

Let's keep that straight.

luv
09-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Yeah... If he can find time between banging super models.

Jealous? :p

KcMizzou
09-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Jealous? :pVery. :)

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2008, 12:55 AM

Okay

:D

DaneMcCloud
09-07-2008, 12:57 AM
Yeah... If he can find time between banging super models.

That guy...

Best. Life. Ever.

PhillyChiefFan
09-07-2008, 07:03 AM
That guy...

Best. Life. Ever.

What's to like about it?? Honestly??

Who wants to bang supermodels all day, be able to get any woman on the planet, get paid millions to play football, and be the poster boy for a franchise quarterback?

I mean...right??? Guys?? ...sigh.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 07:04 AM
Brady probably has a small penis. There's always a catch.

Ultra Peanut
09-07-2008, 07:10 AM
We want the ball and we're gonna score!

HypnotizedMonkey
09-07-2008, 07:26 AM
sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie.

Simply Red
09-07-2008, 07:52 AM
RUN THE BALL.

The patriots defense is OLD, downgraded and SLOW.

ssssstretchhhhh that trute!

Simply Red
09-07-2008, 07:52 AM
We want the ball and we're gonna score!

:LOL:

KCJohnny
09-07-2008, 07:53 AM
NE's secondary is suspect, their LBs are getting long in the tooth, nobody's seen this KC O before, and KC's D is pretty tough, even against good teams.

NE should still win, but it might not be the cakewalk the sports writers are forecasting.

Give the kid credit for his calm, cool, Namath/Montana like confidence.

Hell, every other game on the schedule gets easier after this one.

Simply Red
09-07-2008, 07:54 AM

you are smutpeddler, No?

Simply Red
09-07-2008, 07:55 AM
NE's secondary is suspect, their LBs are getting long in the tooth, nobody's seen this KC O before, and KC's D is pretty tough, even against good teams.

NE should still win, but it might not be the cakewalk the sports writers are forecasting.

Give the kid credit for his calm, cool, Namath/Montana like confidence.

Hell, every other game on the schedule gets easier after this one.

Dude, are you still overseas?

KCJohnny
09-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Dude, are you still overseas?

I was in Iraq in February. Now I'm in Korea. I was in Kansas in between.

No CARE package jokes, please.

:)

Bwana
09-07-2008, 08:20 AM

No, you're just a Dick.

beach tribe
09-07-2008, 08:37 AM
Anybody else just see Marshall F., and Warren S. Laughing at us on NFLN?

Bastards.

Simply Red
09-07-2008, 08:40 AM
No, you're just a Dick.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TJ-LzVp-nsE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TJ-LzVp-nsE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

milkman
09-07-2008, 08:43 AM
Anybody else just see Marshall F., and Warren S. Laughing at us on NFLN?

Bastards.

I thought it was pretty funny.

Chief Pote
09-07-2008, 08:43 AM
His statement will hardly piss off the Pats, in fact they won't notice. I sure hope he's right.

beach tribe
09-07-2008, 08:51 AM
I thought it was pretty funny.

Did you really see it, or are you just fukin with me?

If so what we're they laughing about?

milkman
09-07-2008, 09:03 AM

Just the mention of the Chiefs as the Pats opponent today.

They clearly expect the Chiefs to be no more than a gnat for the Pats to swat.

I have never seen any team get so little respect, but I couldn't help but find their reaction funny.

JuicesFlowing
09-07-2008, 09:10 AM
I love Brodie's confidence, but I disagree with giving the opposing team bulletin board material.

09-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Thanks for giving them BB material Brodie? Real bright there.

milkman
09-07-2008, 09:15 AM

They're laughing again.

Hydrae
09-07-2008, 09:23 AM
By the end of the day the sportcasters will be singing the praises of Brody and asking, Brady, who's that? :)

beach tribe
09-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Just the mention of the Chiefs as the Pats opponent today.

They clearly expect the Chiefs to be no more than a gnat for the Pats to swat.

I have never seen any team get so little respect, but I couldn't help but find their reaction funny.

Yep. I agree. I've never seen a team be considered as irrelevant as these Chiefs.