PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz: How To Beat New England

Tribal Warfare
09-06-2008, 10:54 PM
How To Beat New England (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/how-to-beat-new-england.html)

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top" align="left"><th>September 6, 2008 - Bob Gretz | </th><th> </th><th>
</th></tr></tbody></table>
From Providence, Rhode Island

Yes, the Chiefs have a tough task ahead of them on Sunday. The league was 1-18 against the Patriots last year. If the Chiefs played them 19 times, they might have the same record.

But like Jim Carrey’s character in “Dumb and Dumber” said to the girl of his dreams when she said there was almost no chance she would consider dating him - “so you are saying there’s a chance” - so it is with the Chiefs. A lot of things would have to go their way that are out of their control. To win, here’s what they would have to make happen with things that are in their control.

http://www.bobgretz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/090608-2049-howtobeatne11.png
Notes from the team’s New England arrival: Tropical Storm Hana continues to churn up the Atlantic Seaboard and it made for a bumpy last 45 minutes for the Chiefs charter flight into Providence. Upon landing, there was no rain, but it’s very humid. The eye of the storm is expected to beyond eastern MA by early Sunday morning. Only concerns would be potential flooding and possible power outages, although the wind involved in this storm has dropped considerably. Since the Patriots installed Field Turf http://www.bobgretz.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/090608-2049-howtobeatne21.jpgseveral seasons ago the playing surface should not be a problem.
Look for the Chiefs to use both B.J. Sams and Dantrell Savage on kickoff returns against the Patriots. In fact, they will likely be paired together … nothing new on the injury front, as WRs Maurice Price and Will Franklin and LB Napoleon Harris are out because of injury. It’s likely that rookie O-Linemen Barry Richardson and Brian De La Puente will also be inactive… based on starting assignments on all three units it looks like 11 rookies should be active against New England.

Coach
09-06-2008, 10:57 PM
I wasn't aware that Nap Harris is out with a injury (though, this does not suprise me.)

I'm still disappointed that he's still on the team. If he sucks that bad that he was demoted to 2nd string, why waste him on a roster that a younger player would be more benefitical for the future of the franchise?

chiefbowe82
09-06-2008, 10:59 PM
I wasn't aware that Nap Harris is out with a injury (though, this does not suprise me.)

I'm still disappointed that he's still on the team. If he sucks that bad that he was demoted to 2nd string, why waste him on a roster that a younger player would be more benefitical for the future of the franchise?

omg it's coach!

CosmicPal
09-06-2008, 11:02 PM
why waste him on a roster that a younger player would be more benefitical for the future of the franchise?

Money? Experience? :shrug:

I don't know, I've wondered that myself during this pre-season.

Don't care anymore though...I'm so ready for some FOOTBALL!!

RustShack
09-06-2008, 11:02 PM
New who?

ClevelandBronco
09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
How to beat New England:

Turn into the New York Giants on exactly the right night. Other than that, fuggeddaboudit.

Coach
09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
Money? Experience? :shrug:

I don't know, I've wondered that myself during this pre-season.

Don't care anymore though...I'm so ready for some FOOTBALL!!

Don't know. :shrug: I guess they just want to keep a suck-ass middle linebacker who complained about why he should have been demoted just becuase he lead the team in tackles, when it was clearly evident that 3/4ths of those tackles were way downfield.

Rausch
09-06-2008, 11:14 PM
I'd say the key is gaining an early lead and taking THEM out of THEIR game.

Playing it close IS their game. **** all that stupidity. You'll never beat them playing their game.

Take chances, throw out some offense and defense they don't expect and EXECUTE when you get those opportunities.

Put them behind and make them change their gameplan...

luv
09-06-2008, 11:16 PM
How to beat New England? Score more points than they do. Duh.

ClevelandBronco
09-06-2008, 11:18 PM
I'd say the key is gaining an early lead and taking THEM out of THEIR game.

Playing it close IS their game. **** all that stupidity. You'll never beat them playing their game.

Take chances, throw out some offense and defense they don't expect and EXECUTE when you get those opportunities.

Put them behind and make them change their gameplan...

Lay it down, Knute.

CosmicPal
09-06-2008, 11:18 PM

Hello! :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IMk5sMHj58I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

T-post Tom
09-07-2008, 12:14 AM
There's only one way to beat NE, and I'll tell you how...

Herm needs to call one of the ex-FBI security agents working for the NFL. Offer this agent some coin to find Gisele Bundchen's cell phone number.

Give her cell number to the defensive linemen. Have the linemen tell Brady they've been hitting his long-legged slut behind his back. Then they can prove it by reciting her cell number after every NE offensive play. Brady will melt down. Brady will have more picks than Randy Moss' locker. :spock:

It worked for Shannon Sharpe. :evil:

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-07-2008, 02:59 AM
The ONLY way to beat NE is to have more points than them at the end of the game.

It's that simple!

Smed1065
09-07-2008, 03:06 AM
FG=3

CupidStunt
09-07-2008, 03:57 AM
Win the line of scrimmage. Like most games, really. That's all there is to it.

Smed1065
09-07-2008, 04:07 AM
More points?

Hog Rider
09-07-2008, 04:56 AM
I'd use about 3' long rubber hose.

BucEyedPea
09-07-2008, 05:58 AM
How to beat New England:

Turn into the New York Giants on exactly the right night. Other than that, fuggeddaboudit.

They may not be the same team this year though.

PhillyChiefFan
09-07-2008, 07:12 AM

Herm? :)

tmax63
09-07-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm thinking replace the Arrowheads on the sides of their helmets with nekkid pictures of Brady's girlfriend and it will cause so much wood the bloodflow to their brains will reduced as will their decision-making ability and the amount of oxygen to their muscles so they will be cramping up by the 3rd qtr.