PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs This is the same goddamn football team

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 12:54 PM
On offense we are mind-numbingly conservative, and put the quarterback in horrible third-down positions.

On defense we get our ass kicked defending the run.

Special teams is improved though!

Oh, one other change - we don't have Jared Allen.

WHAT THE ****? SERIOUSLY.

teedubya
09-07-2008, 12:55 PM
#25 Charles!!! we got him!

JuicesFlowing
09-07-2008, 12:56 PM
I agree with everything you said. The Ghost of Solari is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UteChief
The problem has been and always will be Herm Edwards.

Hammock Parties
This is un****ing believable.

KC_Connection
09-07-2008, 12:57 PM
You were expecting something different?

teedubya
Herm Warfare should have NEVER died. This guy is a complete hack at coaching. Good at finding talent, ****ING HORRIFIC at getting them to play to win the game.

Basileus777
Did you expect something else? Seriously. At this point how can anyone be surprised by this....

Tiger's Fan
Solari was just a reflection of Herm. This team won't win shit with this moron in charge of anything.

rtmike
09-07-2008, 12:58 PM
Defense is gassed. NE's gonna run the ball down their throat in the 4th.

Deberg_1990
09-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I thought Gun fixed the Run defense because you told me so Claythan?

Wheres Darling?

For one glorious August night......Brodie Croyle was the man....

blueballs
09-07-2008, 01:02 PM
Darling is the shit

Coach
09-07-2008, 01:03 PM
So Clayton, how's the membership for the Hermines going?

Spott
09-07-2008, 01:04 PM
This is un****ing believable.

This is why Herm is going to take us to the Super Bowl.

ROFL

FringeNC
09-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Herm Edwards will never coach again at any level after this year.

FAX
09-07-2008, 01:06 PM
I couldn't be more disappointed with this coaching staff. They're setting these guys up to fail which is really, really sad.

It kinda takes the wind out of your windup toy.

FAX

Fish
09-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Let Huard throw it... ohh no wait.....

Otter
09-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Just out of curiosity, what made you expect any different? Are you a new Chiefs Fan?

xbarretx
09-07-2008, 10:43 PM
I agree with everything you said. The Ghost of Solari is ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no $hit, someone needs to excercise that demon!

THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!!!

Coach
09-07-2008, 10:44 PM
So... how's the Hermines membership going lately?

Buehler445
09-08-2008, 11:12 AM
So... how's the Hermines membership going lately?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that Hermines bullshit! Good find coach!

Posted via Mobile Device

Brock
09-08-2008, 11:13 AM
chiefs suk

King_Chief_Fan
09-08-2008, 11:44 AM
Solari was just a reflection of Herm. This team won't win shit with this moron in charge of anything.

exactly...we will never know for sure if it was Solari, but it sure was quick finger pointing and throwing under the bus by Herm.
I still think, it is Herm. Why isn't Chan in charge of the offense and why doesn't he have the balls to step up or walkout if it is going to continue this way.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 12:03 PM
Herm Edwards will never coach again at any level after this year.

Why?

Why in the **** do some of you people think that with the Chiefs lack of talent, they should be a better football team?

I think you're full of shit, but I guess that's just me.

RustShack
09-08-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll admit I thought things changed in the offseason, but I now realize nothing will change under Herm Edwards.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 12:05 PM
I'll admit I thought things changed in the offseason, but I now realize nothing will change under Herm Edwards.

Okay, what changed?

Calcountry
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM
Solari was just a reflection of Herm. This team won't win shit with this moron in charge of anything.After reading through a couple of threads this morning, I am so glad that I cancelled sunday ticket, and found something more productive to do with my 3 hours yesterday.

Somebody post, the "official, Herm is fired thread", until then, the rest of this is just rehashed crap. It smelled foul enough when it was laid. No need to stir it continuously.

oaklandhater
09-08-2008, 12:20 PM
exactly...we will never know for sure if it was Solari, but it sure was quick finger pointing and throwing under the bus by Herm.
I still think, it is Herm. Why isn't Chan in charge of the offense and why doesn't he have the balls to step up or walkout if it is going to continue this way.

Do you walk out of every job you hate its not like he is going to toss all that money out the door just to stick it to his boss.

Warrior5
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
Lay all this out in your next WPI article.

Simply Red
09-08-2008, 12:41 PM
Lay all this out in your next WPI article.

that'd sell. LMAO... ;)

RustShack
09-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Okay, what changed?

Nothing did.. thats the point.

kcxiv
09-08-2008, 12:46 PM
Sadly its not Gailey, its not Solari, its Herm. He puts the handcuffs on so he can lose close instead of taking a chance and trying to pull ahead. He's scared of the turn over so he just runs it and tries to play ball control. Teams are so good on offense now days, that it doesnt always work.

King_Chief_Fan
09-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Do you walk out of every job you hate its not like he is going to toss all that money out the door just to stick it to his boss.

I only hated one job and that is exactly what I did. Philsophical differences and me not willing to prostitute myself. I had no problem finding a new job and have been in that job for 20+ years. Smartest move I ever made.

Chan can protitute himself if he wishes

King_Chief_Fan
09-08-2008, 12:54 PM
Why?

Why in the **** do some of you people think that with the Chiefs lack of talent, they should be a better football team?

I think you're full of shit, but I guess that's just me.

I think you are full of shit, but that is NOT just me.:eek:

j/k

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Nothing did.. thats the point.

JFC.

Are people really this dumb?

The Chiefs are below average at QB, below average at WR, below average on the offensive line, above average at running back and above average at TE.

JUST LIKE LAST SEASON.

This is not a quick fix. Branden Albert played well yesterday, as did Niswanger and Waters.

THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE LINE SUCKS.

Darling doesn't appear to be an upgrade over Sammy Parker as of yet and Will Franklin isn't ready. Dwayne Bowe dropped four passes.

WHERE YOU EXPECTING A MIRACLE SEASON?

The Chiefs will be 1-15 to 3-13, regardless of Chan Gailey. There are too many holes on the offense, a young D-Line, young secondary and a below average linebacking corp.

This team will need at least another great off-season to even have a chance to compete in 2009.

And that's if and only if they can find a QB.

Tiger's Fan
09-08-2008, 01:04 PM
JFC.

Are people really this dumb?

The Chiefs are below average at QB, below average at WR, below average on the offensive line, above average at running back and above average at TE.

JUST LIKE LAST SEASON.

This is not a quick fix. Branden Albert played well yesterday, as did Niswanger and Waters.

THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE LINE SUCKS.

Darling doesn't appear to be an upgrade over Sammy Parker as of yet and Will Franklin isn't ready. Dwayne Bowe dropped four passes.

WHERE YOU EXPECTING A MIRACLE SEASON?

The Chiefs will be 1-15 to 3-13, regardless of Chan Gailey. There are too many holes on the offense, a young D-Line, young secondary and a below average linebacking corp.

This team will need at least another great off-season to even have a chance to compete in 2009.

And that's if and only if they can find a QB.

Like last year, this team will lose games this year that a better coach would win. With his record, Herm will be hard pressed to find another head coaching gig after he leaves KC.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 01:08 PM
Like last year, this team will lose games this year that a better coach would win. With his record, Herm will be hard pressed to find another head coaching gig after he leaves KC.

I think you're insane.

Tiger's Fan
09-08-2008, 01:42 PM
I think you're insane.

Just to clear things up, I am. In other news, Herm Edwards is a parody of an NFL head coach. His archaic offensive philosophy makes him useless in the modern game. He's a cliche machine, always prone to a stupid sound bite that the press loves to exploit. In league circles, he's a laughingstock. I guarantee not one single NFL head coach has any fear of facing a Herm Edwards lead team. If you listen to him speak, it's rather easy to see that he's not very intelligent. The only reason he's in KC is because of Carls cronyism. At the end of the day, I don't think Al Davis would even hire him.

blaise
09-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Herm Edwards now 2-6 in season openers. 5-10 for the his career for the first two weeks of seasons. He doesn't get his teams ready to play in the regular season. All this "Plain Vanilla" play calling during the preseason as the reason they look bad is BS.

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-08-2008, 01:52 PM
Yeah, LJ running right up niswanger butt for three yards. I was thinking what the ****. This is a rerunof last years offense. Wheres all the goddamn bootlegs and trick plays. I was relieved when Huard came in as Croyle just doesn't have. If we had not let them off the hook when we had them pinned at their goal line we could have won this game. ****, ****, ****!!!!!!!!!

Skip Towne
09-08-2008, 01:55 PM
Herm Warfare should have NEVER died. This guy is a complete hack at coaching. Good at finding talent, ****ING HORRIFIC at getting them to play to win the game.

And we gave up a draft choice for that buffoon.

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 02:08 PM
All this "Plain Vanilla" play calling during the preseason as the reason they look bad is BS.

Exactly.

The REAL reason?

LACK OF TALENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blaise
09-08-2008, 02:16 PM
Lack of talent and poor preparation. This is Herm's 8th year as a head coach. He must have had a whole lot of crappy talent to come out of the gate year after year looking like crap.
He finished strong some of those years. Did he all of a sudden find talent in the middle of the year?
Yes, the talent sucks, but Herm hasn't gotten his teams prepared for the regular season. Numbers don't lie. Not when you've got an 8 year sample size.

Logical
09-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I hate to rain on anybody's negativity parade but, the secondary played better than I expected, the line was decent, the linebacking needs work, overall the defense is better than expected.

The offense reflects Herm and as expected sucks, facing facts the right side of our line is not all that good and the playcalling is putrid. Bowe will come around, DVD hey one good catch but where is all that speed? We pretty much all knew we had QB problems.

HemiEd
09-08-2008, 02:29 PM
And we gave up a draft choice for that buffoon.

Yep, it is not lack of talent that is the main problem. It is due to the substandard coaching.

Bearcat
09-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I didn't see most of the game (f***ing internet connection), so excuse my ignorance, but...

The questions I've asked for the last couple of years, which realistically can't be answered for another year or two, is: Will the coaching improve with the talent? Will Herm be more likely to play to win when he's more confident in the players to execute?

Based on a couple of games, most notably last year's Colts game, my answer has been a resounding NO. He's a f***ing moron, and you can't fix stupid.

Yesterday? From what I did see and what I read here, it seems like execution was the bigger problem(?) It sounds like the 68 yard catch should have been a 73 yard catch (or whatever), and that Bowe should have caught the TD pass and a couple of others, and that our OLine still sucks. Yeah, I saw that we ran the ball on several first downs and I saw the absolutely useless waste-of-a-down quick screen play that I thought was shoved up Solari's ass before he left.

I'm one of the biggest haters of the clown, and like I said I didn't see much of the game, so don't mistaken this for defending the tard..... the game still came down to Herm's 50/50 win-on-the-last-play philosphy, which he will never change and will cost us playoff victories sometime in the future, but unlike last year's Colts' game they were given the chance to win this time, and failed.

:shrug:

kcvet
09-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Edwards reminds my of Marty. he'll win just enough games to break your heart.

Spott
09-08-2008, 03:38 PM
Edwards reminds my of Marty. he'll win just enough games to break your heart.

Winning 4 games a year doesn't almost break my heart. Going to the playoffs every year and coming up short does.

kcvet
09-08-2008, 03:41 PM
Winning 4 games a year doesn't almost break my heart. Going to the playoffs every year and coming up short does.

sometimes i think its rigged.............

sedated
09-08-2008, 03:49 PM
Bowe will come around

Bowe reminds me of Terrell Owens at this point in his career.

both are big, talented receivers that shows signs of having the drops occasionally. Hope he loses that problem soon.

kcvet
09-08-2008, 03:51 PM
we threw the ball in the wrong place. in his hands.............

Frosty
09-08-2008, 03:57 PM
the game still came down to Herm's 50/50 win-on-the-last-play philosphy, which he will never change and will cost us playoff victories sometime in the future, but unlike last year's Colts' game they were given the chance to win this time, and failed.

:shrug:

True, but I think they were completely surprised with DvD's catch and run. Up to that point, it looked like they were flailing around. On their own 22, 2:20 left with at least two timeouts and they call a sideways pass which nets 3 yards and lets the clock run 20 seconds off. :shake: There was no hurry up or anything.

I think it was a case of success in spite of themselves. :)

FAX
09-08-2008, 04:00 PM
True, but I think they were completely surprised with DvD's catch and run. Up to that point, it looked like they were flailing around. On their own 22, 2:20 left with at least two timeouts and they call a sideways pass which nets 3 yards and lets the clock run 20 seconds off. :shake: There was no hurry up or anything.

ROFL

I'm pretty sure, you're right, Mr. arc.

FAX

Bearcat
09-08-2008, 04:24 PM

Ah, I was surprisingly close to blaming execution over incompetent coaching, and should have figured I was missing something. Thanks for getting me off the ledge. ;)

B_Ambuehl
09-14-2009, 02:58 PM
Lolz.

What do you get when you merge 2007's offense with 2008's defense?

502 yards allowed vs 188 yards gained and a nice opening butt whuppin'

Hammock Parties
09-14-2009, 03:02 PM
Lolz.

What do you get when you merge 2007's offense with 2008's defense?

502 yards allowed vs 188 yards gained and a nice opening butt whuppin'

This offense is going to be measurably worse.

I love people bumping my old threads but this is funny. You can see the cracks in the foundation of my Herm love here. By Carolina they turned into gaping chasms and I turned completely on him.

Good times.

Sweet Daddy Hate
09-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Jesus H. Christ with the bumping in this motherfucker already!

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-14-2009, 03:13 PM
What do you expect, we've gotten rid of our laeding sacker (Allen),our leading tackler(Pollard),and our leading receiver(Gonzalez). How the hell do you get better ?????

Hog's Gone Fishin
09-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Oh shit, I just realized !!!

LMAO

Excellent!

bevischief
09-14-2009, 03:45 PM
Damit Carl...

:cuss::cuss::cuss:

Simply Red
09-14-2009, 03:54 PM
lame bump

Halfcan
09-14-2009, 03:56 PM
On offense we are mind-numbingly conservative, and put the quarterback in horrible third-down positions.

On defense we get our ass kicked defending the run.

Special teams is improved though!

Oh, one other change - we don't have Jared Allen.

WHAT THE ****? SERIOUSLY.

special teams sucked on the return game

Halfcan
09-14-2009, 03:57 PM
where the hell was Jackson and Dorsey-they looked like weak little bitches out there.

htismaqe
09-14-2009, 04:46 PM
where the hell was Jackson and Dorsey-they looked like weak little bitches out there.

They were doing what they were supposed to do. More often than not one of them, if not both of them, were doubled.

It's the LB's that suck.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-14-2009, 04:49 PM
They were doing what they were supposed to do. More often than not one of them, if not both of them, were doubled.

It's the LB's that suck.

You forgot about the NT.

Right now, we have the worst possible talent for a 3-4, because our weakest areas of talent are in the weakest areas of the scheme--right up the middle.

It's gonna be a long ass season, and only time will tell if the change to a trendy D will be worth it.

Chiefnj2
09-14-2009, 05:02 PM
1st quarter analysis:
Ravens - A. Two drives on offense and they come away with 10 points. They completely dictated the game. Passed with ease with no pressure. Ran when they needed. 1" away from a TD on the first drive. The only defensive plus was the third down blitz on the first drive that forced Flacco to throw early.

Chiefs - F. The D couldn't do anything against the Ravens and the offense had about 0 yards at the end of the first. 3rd down playcalling is really poor - throwing short of the first down marker.

B_Ambuehl
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
GoChiefs said it best. The more things change the more they stay the same.

beach tribe
11-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Yeeeah.

No.

C'mon.

Wait, this is really old.