PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs CHAN GAILEY IS MIKE SOLARI

JuicesFlowing
09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
The title of this thread says it all. I'm extremely disappointed. the Chiefs are afraid to try. they are afraid to throw a 20 yard pass, they are afraid to stretch the field.

MichaelH
09-07-2008, 01:43 PM
I don't know that for sure. I do know that Chan Gailey works under Hermie. To me, that is the reason why he appears to be as ineffective as Mike Solari.

Ultra Peanut
09-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Chan Gailey is a MASTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

petegz28
09-07-2008, 01:52 PM
The last 4 downs screamed Soalri

Ultra Peanut
09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
how did i scored touchdown

JuicesFlowing
09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
I just have one question. With a good running back (LJ) and a QB with a "strong arm" .... why doesn't Gailey call playaction and stretch the field? ... I still saw too many 3 yard passes. Absolutely ridiculous.

TinyEvel
09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
ouch.

Just fuggin' weak. I had hope, I really did.
Four downs and four weak pass attempts when they ran up the gut all day?

FAX
09-07-2008, 01:55 PM
That was really disappointing. Frankly, it took me completely by surprise.

Sure, if Bowe could hold onto the football, the first half would have been dramatically different, but this was Solari part deux. I've had enough of that crap. This loss is on the coaches, pure and simple.

FAX

FAX
09-07-2008, 01:56 PM
I think it was second and goal and we ran the empty backfield. Empty backfield at the goal line with the game on the line? Not even showing the possibility of a run? Give me a break.

FAX

Rausch
09-07-2008, 01:56 PM
This game has squat to do with Chan.

This offense, playcalling, and strategy is about as 100% opposite Chan as they come.

I'm done, I'm sold, I'm ready to fire Herm.

It doesn't matter who he drafts if he's going to play that ****ing scared. That's not a Chan offense or gameplan. That's a ****ing leash...

JuicesFlowing
09-07-2008, 01:57 PM
That was really disappointing. Frankly, it took me completely by surprise.

Sure, if Bowe could hold onto the football, the first half would have been dramatically different, but this was Solari part deux. I've had enough of that crap. This loss is on the coaches, pure and simple.

FAX

I totally agree Fax ... totally agree. That Chicago preseason game was a dream I guess. A mirage.

It is extremely obvious that Herm still has too much control over the offense

RustShack
Too bad Bowe sucks now.

CosmicPal
I think Herm is still calling the plays. Chan is calling them from the box, but Field General Edwards has the final call.

ChiefsFanatic
09-07-2008, 01:58 PM
The last 4 downs screamed Soalri

I thought they screamed herm. But, if Bowe does not drop that pass......

Mecca
It's Herm period, when you have so many different coordinators and their all the same, it's Herm.

Deberg_1990
This game has squat to do with Chan.

This offense, playcalling, and strategy is about as 100% opposite Chan as they come.

I'm done, I'm sold, I'm ready to fire Herm.

It doesn't matter who he drafts if he's going to play that ****ing scared. That's not a Chan offense or gameplan. That's a ****ing leash...

Yea i agree.

The coaching stuff is undermining the development of players.

It was obvious they dont trust Croyle. They called longer pass plays with Huard in there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
It's not Gailey. That's Herm Edwards

Smed1065
I was a herm believer but not so much now. Play not to lose is what happened tonight.

orange
I just have one question. With a good running back (LJ) and a QB with a "strong arm" .... why doesn't Gailey call playaction and stretch the field? ... I still saw too many 3 yard passes. Absolutely ridiculous.

Because they absolutely don't trust Brodie Croyle to make smart, accurate throws. Isn't that obvious?

dirk digler
09-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I don't know that for sure. I do know that Chan Gailey works under Hermie. To me, that is the reason why he appears to be as ineffective as Mike Solari.

Yep. It wasn't Solari and it isn't Gailey it is Herm.

I think it is pretty obvious now

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 02:00 PM
I was a herm believer but not so much now. Play not to lose is what happened tonight.

they took it to a team that was 19-1 last year at their place with a bunch of rookies and we had a shot to win.

if that doesn't satisfy you nothing will

FAX
09-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Yep. It wasn't Solari and it isn't Gailey it is Herm.

I think it is pretty obvious now

Yep. Sickening. I hate to see our guys go through another year like the last two. This is bad, guys.

FAX

Mecca
they took it to a team that was 19-1 last year at their place with a bunch of rookies and we had a shot to win.

Can we please factor in that it was Matt Cassell?

That's worse than say JaMarcus Russell.

Looks like Solari is OC for Miami

Tiger's Fan
09-07-2008, 02:02 PM

Yeah, moral victories. Herm likes you!

beach tribe
09-07-2008, 02:06 PM

Dude, the game could have been won.

It wasn't the play calling that kept us in the game, that's for sure.

teedubya
09-07-2008, 02:06 PM
I think it was second and goal and we ran the empty backfield. Empty backfield at the goal line with the game on the line? Not even showing the possibility of a run? Give me a break.

FAX

They did that on first down a couple times too... when you run 88% of the time on first down... then have a couple first downs with empty backfields is just ASSININE... try a Play action pass, dumb ****s!

milkman
09-07-2008, 02:14 PM

I'm sorry, but you are dismissing how well the defense performed.

The fact is, they did play well, and they got pressure on the QB, before and after Brady went down.

Tell that wasn't a surprise.

Molitoth
09-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Horrendous play calling today.

Mr. Laz
09-07-2008, 02:34 PM
common denominator

1. shaky offensive line
2. Herman Edwards

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2008, 03:04 PM
I'm sorry, but you are dismissing how well the defense performed.

The fact is, they did play well, and they got pressure on the QB, before and after Brady went down.

Tell that wasn't a surprise.

Against a VERY good o-line and playcalling that rarely lets the QB get touched.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2008, 03:08 PM
I thought Chan Gailey called his own plays?

I guess this is why Herm saves his ass all the time and has had 5 OC's in 7-8 years...

Herm knows offense....

HC_Chief
09-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Horrendous play calling today.

Wrong. Horrendous execution today. I saw a lot of plays where the execution resulted in no gain/incompletion. The worst being Bowe's drop in the end zone that would have resulted in the tying TD.

Receivers need to catch the balls that hit them right in the *$%&ing hands.

OL needs to block.

RB needs to hit the hole with authority (LJ).

QB needs to throw the ball down the field every once in a while.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2008, 03:11 PM
Wrong. Horrendous execution today. I saw a lot of plays where the execution resulted in no gain/incompletion. The worst being Bowe's drop in the end zone that would have resulted in the tying TD.

Receivers need to catch the balls that hit them right in the *$%&ing hands.

OL needs to block.

RB needs to hit the hole with authority (LJ).

QB needs to throw the ball down the field every once in a while.

Most are mad at the same ole, same ole of running up the middle on almost EVERY 1st down. It is a valid concern. You are right though, they do need to execute those plays. Too many drops by the "Show"

JuicesFlowing
09-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Bowe did have the worst game of his entire career.

HC_Chief
09-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Most are mad at the same ole, same ole of running up the middle on almost EVERY 1st down. It is a valid concern. You are right though, they do need to execute those plays. Too many drops by the "Show"

That is a valid concern. Being predictable on first down is not good, but you also have to consider the need to establish the run.

On a few of those up the gut plays I saw lanes open off guard but LJ still ran right up Niswanger's tail. NE's 3-man DL occupied our OL, then their LBs/DBs filled & completed the tackle. I hope our LBs and DBs (Pollard, you paying attention?) watch the film & learn from it.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Bowe did have the worst game of his entire career.

Even with shoddy playcalling, this team is at the very least in overtime without those drops. That is just very disappointing.

damaticous
09-07-2008, 03:31 PM

R u sure the downfield receivers weren't covered?

Chief Chief
09-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Efen if Bowe had caught that TD pass on 1st down of our final series, it would have been wiped out anyway because the Patsies called a time-out right before the ball was snapped.

How many times did LJ run up the middle on 1st down? It seems like it happened on every 1st down of each Chiefs' offensive series until our final two series late in the 4th quarter.

jjchieffan
09-07-2008, 08:07 PM

NO!! I refuse to factor in that it was Cassell!! Cassell played just as well as Brady was. Did you see the 50 yard bomb from the goal line? That was a great play by Cassel.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2008, 08:09 PM
NO!! I refuse to factor in that it was Cassell!! Cassell played just as well as Brady was. Did you see the 50 yard bomb from the goal line? That was a great play by Cassel.
And a great call by a NFL coaching staff....

No freaking way would Herm allow that to happen....

Coogs
09-07-2008, 08:15 PM
And a great call by a NFL coaching staff....

No freaking way would Herm allow that to happen....

And why exactly did we take the TO right before that play? Without the TO... called by Gun?.... they probably run and have to punt from the endzone. Instead we give them time to talk about the paly and the result is a 50 yard play. Worst mistake or an otherwise good game IMO.

Reerun_KC
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM
And why exactly did we take the TO right before that play? Without the TO... called by Gun?.... they probably run and have to punt from the endzone. Instead we give them time to talk about the paly and the result is a 50 yard play. Worst mistake or an otherwise good game IMO.
:shrug:

I gave up 2 years ago trying to understand Herm and his logic or lack there of...

Now I just laugh at the situation.. Laughing is the best medicine for our pain...

TEX
09-07-2008, 08:52 PM
The title of this thread says it all. I'm extremely disappointed. the Chiefs are afraid to try. they are afraid to throw a 20 yard pass, they are afraid to stretch the field.

Herm Edwards is Herm Edwards - it doesn't mater who the OC is...