PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs "I don't know why it wasn't a penalty"

keg in kc
09-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Boomer Esiason on Pollard's hit on Brady.

What the f*ck? Pollard's being held, basically crawls into Brady's leg with a guy draped on his back, and that's a penalty? On Pollard? I could see some bitching if he came in untouched and dove for his knees, but jesus christ, do they even watch the plays, or just see that Brady got hurt and feel outrage that a defensive player dared lay hands on a quarterback, much less Brady...

Chiefaholic
09-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Bryant Gumble called a clean hit.

Programmer
09-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Boomer Esiason on Pollard's hit on Brady.

What the f*ck? Pollard's being held, basically crawls into Brady's leg with a guy draped on his back, and that's a penalty? On Pollard? I could see some bitching if he came in untouched and dove for his knees, but jesus christ, do they even watch the plays, or just see that Brady got hurt and feel outrage that a defensive player dared lay hands on a quarterback, much less Brady...

Boomer is allied with the patriots. Besides, they are the NFL sweethearts.

Programmer

And he was right. If a flag was to be thrown it should have been holding on the offense.

pr_capone
I heard that too.... did not know if it was Boomer or Marino that had said that.

What an ass. I am of the belief that washed up QB's make for horrid announcers and/or commentators. I cannot recall the last QB that transitioned to the booth that was worth a plug nickle.

HC_Chief
09-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Boomer = douche

Mecca
Its cause he went low alot of times that does get called.

And he was right. If a flag was to be thrown it should have been holding on the offense.
BINGO

kcpasco
number #1 rule to football is never touch the golden boy
didn't you know that?

09-07-2008, 02:23 PM
Boomer is a whiney bitch. First he was held. He never gave up. There was Tom's leg. He wrapped it up. Shit happens.

Bowser
09-07-2008, 02:34 PM

Pollard got blocked into Brady. He didn't go low intentionally.

Mecca
09-07-2008, 02:36 PM
The league is really really into protecting QB's there have been some really shitty things called before, so people get use to it then expect it.

Dartgod
09-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Went low? He was laying on the ****ing ground and reached out and grabbed Brady's leg to try tackle him.

TrickyNicky
09-07-2008, 02:41 PM
It doesn't make it good. It doesn't make it dirty. It's a shitty situation all around. Much like Kimo Von Kneepoppin diving into Palmer. With all due respect though, if Pollard just lays there and Brady throws a perfect strike, we all shit on him for quitting or being a poor blitzer.

Darien25
09-07-2008, 02:43 PM
We need to put Sharp and Esiason in a cage fight to the death and hope that they kill each other. I could really root for the guys then plus it would be a boost for all humanity.

Chiefshrink
Went low? He was laying on the ****ing ground and reached out and grabbed Brady's leg to try tackle him.

Precisely!! This was the exact same play in the playoffs for Carson Palmer when he got put out early in the playoff game. Was a penalty called on that Steeler player? HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL NO:cuss: Boomer is such a "pussy whiner":cuss:!!!

blueballs
if Pollard had pulled back
he could have lost his starting spot

orange
09-07-2008, 02:49 PM
You're not allowed to hit the quarterback from the knee down. It's as simple as that. In fact, you're supposed to "make every effort to avoid such contact." That's the rule.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2389062

Safety was also a big winner during Wednesday's meeting. Here are the rules that passed involving safety.

• A rushing defensive player won't be allowed to forcibly hit a quarterback below the knees. He has to make every effort to avoid such a low hit. Palmer, Griese and Roethlisberger suffered knee injuries on low hits but those three plays were considered legal by the committee because they involved defensive rushers coming off blocks. Several other plays such as the old Rodney Harrison hit on Trent Green when he was with the Rams along with a Jared Allen low hit on Kerry Collins would be subject to a 15-yard penalty. That proposal passed, 25-7.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2008, 02:51 PM
You have to tackle the guy. If you are on the ground, you can't pull him down by the shoulder pads. He didn't dive for his knees, he wasn't Rodney Harrison. He made a hard-nosed play.

KC_Connection
09-07-2008, 02:53 PM

It was Greg Gumbel. And yeah, there's actually a pretty big difference between the 2.

KC_Connection
09-07-2008, 02:54 PM
Oh, and Boomer STFU.

keg in kc
09-07-2008, 02:55 PM
You're not allowed to hit the quarterback from the knee down. It's as simple as that. In fact, you're supposed to "make every effort to avoid such contact." That's the rule.

Safety was also a big winner during Wednesday's meeting. Here are the rules that passed involving safety.

• A rushing defensive player won't be allowed to forcibly hit a quarterback below the knees. He has to make every effort to avoid such a low hit. Palmer, Griese and Roethlisberger suffered knee injuries on low hits but those three plays were considered legal by the committee because they involved defensive rushers coming off blocks. Several other plays such as the old Rodney Harrison hit on Trent Green when he was with the Rams along with a Jared Allen low hit on Kerry Collins would be subject to a 15-yard penalty. That proposal passed, 25-7.Good thing for Pollard he was a defensive rusher coming off a block then. Thanks for proving our point. :thumb:

Chiefshrink

• A rushing defensive player won't be allowed to forcibly hit a quarterback below the knees. He has to make every effort to avoid such a low hit. Palmer, Griese and Roethlisberger suffered knee injuries on low hits but those three plays were considered legal by the committee because they involved defensive rushers coming off blocks. Several other plays such as the old Rodney Harrison hit on Trent Green when he was with the Rams along with a Jared Allen low hit on Kerry Collins would be subject to a 15-yard penalty. That proposal passed, 25-7.

Hey orange peel! Pollard was being held on the ground which is considered coming off a block you f'n moron.

Mecca
And I wouldn't have been surprised if it was called because those rules go overboard....like touching a QB's helmet with your hand will draw a flag alot of the time.

Pasta Little Brioni
09-07-2008, 02:57 PM

ROFL He was on the F'n ground after being held and thrown there. Jeez man.

Bowser
Good thing for Pollard he was a defensive rusher coming off a block then. Thanks for proving our point. :thumb:This.

Hey orange peel! Pollard was being held on the ground which is considered coming off a block you f'n moron.And this.

orange
He has to make every effort to avoid such a low hit.

That's what they'll look for in the film review. Like I said on another thread, don't be suprised if Pollard gets a fine/suspension.

Mecca
09-07-2008, 02:58 PM
ROFL He was on the F'n ground after being held and thrown there. Jeez man.

I'm not saying it should have been called.....I'm saying they go overboard on the rules with QB's, how many roughing the passer penalties have you seen where a guys hand touched the QB's helmet?

And I wouldn't have been surprised if it was called because those rules go overboard....like touching a QB's helmet with your hand will draw a flag alot of the time.
That still blows my mind that flags are thrown on that shit.

Pasta Little Brioni
I'm not saying it should have been called.....I'm saying they go overboard on the rules with QB's, how many roughing the passer penalties have you seen where a guys hand touched the QB's helmet?

Gotcha

BigMeatballDave
Of course he said that. If Brady doesn't play, these media types can't suck him off...

Bowser
09-07-2008, 02:59 PM
I think the non-call on Deltha O'neal on that fourth down play is much more of an issue. Yes, the defender has the right to go for the ball, but he doesn't have the right to impede the progress of the receiver, even if he is looking for the ball.

blueballs
09-07-2008, 03:01 PM
Has all photo evidence of two possible safties
been erased from evidence
even if it exsisted

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2008, 03:01 PM

That's what they'll look for in the film review. Like I said on another thread, don't be suprised if Pollard gets a fine/suspension.

Congratulations, you are the dumb f*ck of the day. He had a motherf*cker on his back. What was he gonna do, levitate his ass up and deliver a shoulder to shoulder hit?

orange
09-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Congratulations, you are the dumb f*ck of the day. He had a motherf*cker on his back. What was he gonna do, levitate his ass up and deliver a shoulder to shoulder hit?

That just DOESN'T matter. You CAN'T hit the QB low.

You know, it's NOT MY rule ... it's the NFL'S.

Chiefshrink

Hell, they'll probably agree they missed a holding call. No fine whatsoever:shake:

BigMeatballDave

That's what they'll look for in the film review. Like I said on another thread, don't be suprised if Pollard gets a fine/suspension.You're retarded. Did you even see the play?

keg in kc
I think the non-call on Deltha O'neal on that fourth down play is much more of an issue. Yes, the defender has the right to go for the ball, but he doesn't have the right to impede the progress of the receiver, even if he is looking for the ball.That play doesn't bother me as much. I thought it was a penalty, but we put ourselves in that position; you can't count on the zebras to save you. Bowe needs to make that 1st down catch. We had our shot and blew it.

Dartgod
09-07-2008, 03:04 PM

He didn't "hit" him in the knee, you dipshit. He was laying on the ground, reached out and grabbed Brady's lower leg and tried to pull him down. Brady's leg got twisted in the process.

Chiefshrink
09-07-2008, 03:04 PM

Improve your eye for the game you Donkey F**K!!:cuss::cuss:

Bowser
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
That play doesn't bother me as much. I thought it was a penalty, but we put ourselves in that position; you can't count on the zebras to save you. Bowe needs to make that 1st down catch. We had our shot and blew it.

Not gonna disagree with your statement. All I will say is that I've seen a hell of a lot less worse get called interference than what O'neal was doing to Bowe.

Oh well. I agree we left points on the board.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM

You know, it's NOT MY rule ... it's the NFL'S.IT WAS NOT A HIT! He had a hold of Brady's leg. ****ing inbred...

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2008, 03:06 PM
That play doesn't bother me as much. I thought it was a penalty, but we put ourselves in that position; you can't count on the zebras to save you. Bowe needs to make that 1st down catch. We had our shot and blew it.Yep. 4 shots at the 5. No excuse for not scoring.

Bowser

I want to see the NFL fine Pollard for the hit. All it will show is that the NFL looks out for their golden boys.

keg in kc
Not gonna disagree with your statement. All I will say is that I've seen a hell of a lot less worse get called interference than what O'neal was doing to Bowe.It's New England at Gillette Stadium. Right or wrong, that's never going to be called.

I would have loved to beat them in overtime, though. Upset of the year in week one. Ah well. Now we're down to 15-1.

orange
09-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Moss says Pollard knocked out Brady with dirty hit
Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss said after Sunday's 17-0 win against the Chiefs that he thought safety Bernard Pollard's first-quarter hit on Brady, which resulted in a game-ending knee injury, wasn't clean.

"To me, personally, it looked dirty to me," Moss said. "When stuff like that happens, it opens eyes. That particularly situation, it opened my eyes."

On that play, Brady threw deep to Moss before Pollard fell into Brady's left leg. Brady's knee buckled, and he lay on the field for a few minutes before limping off the field. He didn't return.

Pollard said Sunday he didn't believe the hit was dirty on last year's NFL MVP.

But Moss said he hopes Pollard hasn't heard the end of it.

"Hopefully the league will look into it," Mos said. "If it’s good, it’s good. If it’s bad, it’s bad."

Read more reaction, including a full response from Pollard, in Monday's edition of The Star.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/232

Bowser
09-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Yep. 4 shots at the 5. No excuse for not scoring.

Yep. Especially against the old ass defense the Pats have. Where the hell was Gonzalez? If he was doubled or tripled, that means someone was either one-on-one or open.

keg in kc
09-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Well, if Randy Moss says it, it must be true.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Patriots wide receiver Randy Moss said after Sunday's 17-0 win against the Chiefs that he thought safety Bernard Pollard's first-quarter hit on Brady, which resulted in a game-ending knee injury, wasn't clean.

"To me, personally, it looked dirty to me," Moss said. "When stuff like that happens, it opens eyes. That particularly situation, it opened my eyes."

On that play, Brady threw deep to Moss before Pollard fell into Brady's left leg. Brady's knee buckled, and he lay on the field for a few minutes before limping off the field. He didn't return.

"Hopefully the league will look into it," Mos said. "If it’s good, it’s good. If it’s bad, it’s bad."

Read more reaction, including a full response from Pollard, in Monday's edition of The Star.

If this happened to JT O'Sullivan, no one would give a ****. This wasn't even Kimo Von O'elhoffen on Palmer.

Bowser

Moss has a sandy vag and can eat a dick. The f*cking running back WAS ON POLLARD'S BACK.

damaticous
09-07-2008, 03:10 PM

agreed

TrickyNicky
09-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Any team that starts Rodney Harrison can't whine about dirty plays...

Bowser
09-07-2008, 03:11 PM
It's New England at Gillette Stadium. Right or wrong, that's never going to be called.

I would have loved to beat them in overtime, though. Upset of the year in week one. Ah well. Now we're down to 15-1.

I think us holding the Pats to within a touchdown, with us threatening in the last minute, could be considered upset of the year. Heh.

09-07-2008, 03:13 PM

Damn you are dense. Go back and read that rule again and maybe, finally, you will get it.:shake:

09-07-2008, 03:14 PM

Moss is and idiot.

oh, and 17-0 huh. Brilliant

Moss has a sandy vag and can eat a dick. The f*cking running back WAS ON POLLARD'S BACK.
And HOLDING pollard.

BigMeatballDave
Moss says Pollard knocked out Brady with dirty hitOf course he said that, its his teammate, dumbass.

KC_Connection
09-07-2008, 03:15 PM

You've got to be kidding me. Has the world gone completely retarded? That "hit" wasn't anywhere close to being dirty.

BigMeatballDave
Moss is and idiot.

oh, and 17-0 huh. BrilliantLMAO

orange
Of course he said that, its his teammate, dumbass.

Is Boomer Esiason his teammate, too?

BigRock
09-07-2008, 03:16 PM

Say you did it on purpose, Bernard. Tell Moss to kiss your ass. And then when they ask if you're worried about getting a fine for your comments, tell 'em you'll pay it in STRAIGHT CASH HOMEY.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2008, 03:16 PM
Any team that starts Rodney Harrison can't whine about dirty plays...

:clap:

KC_Connection
09-07-2008, 03:17 PM

I can't believe anybody is stupid enough to believe that was dirty.

BigMeatballDave
09-07-2008, 03:18 PM
And HOLDING pollard.Yeah, had he not been holding him, Pollard would have hit him high, avoiding the injury.

KCinNY
If the league fines Pollard, I'll be shocked and disappointed.

And fug Moss--how could he have seen it? He was 40 yards downfield fumbling without being hit when Brady went down.

I can't believe anybody is stupid enough to believe that was dirty.
Duh, Boomer = Stupid

kstater

No, but Boomer is 2 or 3 shy of a 12 pack.

Chiefs=Champions
09-07-2008, 03:19 PM

Randy Moss... De Dumb Dumb Dumb.. Dumb Dumb Dumb, Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb Dumb!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SxBGCV2C_r4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SxBGCV2C_r4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

video sucks... But i think i make my point...

And fug Moss--how could he have seen it? He was 40 yards downfield fumbling without being hit when Brady went down.
He's deflecting. Trying to take the spotlight off of his GIGANTIC error.

Micjones
I don't know why the Chiefs' final offensive play wasn't a penalty.
Hobbs took D-Bowe's wallet.

Bowser
09-07-2008, 03:20 PM
If it was such a dirty play, I'm thinking we could have found another dirty play to let loose on Cassell, especially after he took the Pats 99 yards on us.

blueballs
09-07-2008, 03:20 PM
any team that employs Randy Moss is cursed

blueballs
09-07-2008, 03:21 PM
they just assumed Bowe would have dropped it anyway
the kids need feed and the yard mowed

orange
09-07-2008, 03:21 PM

Just guessing here, but maybe... VIDEO?

Mecca
09-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Say you did it on purpose, Bernard. Tell Moss to kiss your ass. And then when they ask if you're worried about getting a fine for your comments, tell 'em you'll pay it in STRAIGHT CASH HOMEY.

Yea that would probably lead to a fine and a suspension.....

Baby Lee
09-07-2008, 03:23 PM
With Brady out, there's gonna be a shareholder's hit from the loss of synergy with 'CBS Scene.'