PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Another wasted season

FloridaMan88
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Just to re-cap... after the worst season for the franchise in over 20 years, the Chiefs decide to do the following:

1) Retain a GM who has overseen 45 rebuilding plans during his 20 year Reign of Terror yet hasn't built a team capable of winning a playoff game in 15 years.

2) Retain a head coach with a career sub-.500 record and who advocates a style of play on offense that is lifeless and is so conservative it leaves the entire team with virtually no margin for error.

3) Continue the belief that a QB who was average (at best in college), and has the durability of a used tampon can somehow magically become a legit NFL-caliber starting QB.

This is why I continue to laugh at all the homers on this board who are willing to buy into the idea that the Chiefs are rebuilding and are headed for positive results.

I have no problem with rebuilding... but when the rebuilding is being done by Dictator Carl and Herm Eddwards and the rebuilding is being done with Brodie Croyle as one of the key pillars that is a rebuilding project doomed for failure.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Yahoo!

ChiefsCountry
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Who is the bigger attention whore Clayton or 88?

noa
09-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Never saw this thread coming

DaFace
09-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Are you really this stupid? I mean, seriously?

OnTheWarpath15
Never saw this thread coming

Surprised it took this long.

Every other dipshit has come out of the woodwork - 88 has lost his burst.

ChiefsCountry
Surprised it took this long.

Every other dipshit has come out of the woodwork - 88 has lost his burst.

We scored more points today than God Al Saunders.

DaKCMan AP
Florida 26

miami 3

Bitch.

Micjones
09-07-2008, 06:56 PM
The season is anything but a waste.
I think with Huard at the helm they'll be a bit more confident with opening the offense up. And because of that young players still have a chance to develop. All is not lost.

But certainly some people in this organization need to be gone.

OnTheWarpath15
09-07-2008, 06:57 PM

:D

kstater
09-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Are you really this stupid? I mean, seriously?

Yes, yes he is.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 06:58 PM

Bob Gretz will write about this.

kcfanintitanhell
09-07-2008, 07:00 PM
3) Continue the belief that a QB who was average (at best in college)

I don't know if I'd call a QB that holds pretty much all of Alabama's passing records "average at best".

King_Chief_Fan
09-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Just to re-cap... after the worst season for the franchise in over 20 years, the Chiefs decide to do the following:

1) Retain a GM who has overseen 45 rebuilding plans during his 20 year Reign of Terror yet hasn't built a team capable of winning a playoff game in 15 years.

2) Retain a head coach with a career sub-.500 record and who advocates a style of play on offense that is lifeless and is so conservative it leaves the entire team with virtually no margin for error.

3) Continue the belief that a QB who was average (at best in college), and has the durability of a used tampon can somehow magically become a legit NFL-caliber starting QB.

This is why I continue to laugh at all the homers on this board who are willing to buy into the idea that the Chiefs are rebuilding and are headed for positive results.

I have no problem with rebuilding... but when the rebuilding is being done by Dictator Carl and Herm Eddwards and the rebuilding is being done with Brodie Croyle as one of the key pillars that is a rebuilding project doomed for failure.
KCCF88 - I think you nailed it.

OnTheWarpath15
The season is anything but a waste.
I think with Huard at the helm they'll be a bit more confident with opening the offense up. And because of that young players still have a chance to develop. All is not lost.

But certainly some people in this organization need to be gone.

Not knocking you, mic, but that's exactly why a lot of the so-called Croyle backers are pissed. Gameplan to the kid's strengths. Let the kid learn from his mistakes.

You're either confident in your starting QB, or your not.

This coaching staff does everything half-ass.

They limit the guy who can squeeze a 90MPH fastball into a 2 foot window, and open things up for the guy that looks like he's always throwing into a 30 MPH headwind.

Makes a ton of sense...

RealSNR
Congrats for making a single post without blubbering about Dick Vermeil or Al Saunders

Mr. Flopnuts
09-07-2008, 07:02 PM
We should totally bench our developing QB after 1 game. NO!!! MAKE THAT 7 GAMES!!!!!! WHAT THE **** ARE WE WAITING FOR?!?!?!?1/!?!?!?!?!?

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 07:03 PM
We should totally bench our developing QB after 1 game. NO!!! MAKE THAT 7 GAMES!!!!!! WHAT THE **** ARE WE WAITING FOR?!?!?!?1/!?!?!?!?!?

He already benched himself by getting another ouchie. It's Huard's show now. Let the good times roll.

Micjones
09-07-2008, 07:08 PM
Not knocking you, mic, but that's exactly why a lot of the so-called Croyle backers are pissed. Gameplan to the kid's strengths. Let the kid learn from his mistakes.

I think that says alot about what they really think of the kid.

They limit the guy who can squeeze a 90MPH fastball into a 2 foot window, and open things up for the guy that looks like he's always throwing into a 30 MPH headwind.

Makes a ton of sense...

Like it or not... Huard got this offense going today.
They have confidence in him. This is the second time I've seen him mop up and make something happen where Croyle did nothing.

Analyze that how you'd like to, but there are other players who need to develop on this offense. The QB who can help this team put 6's on the board gives them the best chance to do that.

FloridaMan88
09-07-2008, 07:12 PM

Croyle benches himself because he can't stay healthy.

It's not like this is a huge newsflash regarding Croyle's inability to stay healthy... he had the same problem in college.

FloridaMan88
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM

Other than having the ability to consistently stay on the injury report what exactly are Croyle's strengths (based on his NFL career thus far)?

OnTheWarpath15
09-07-2008, 07:15 PM
I think that says alot about what they really think of the kid.

Like it or not... Huard got this offense going today.
They have confidence in him. This is the second time I've seen him mop up and make something happen where Croyle did nothing.

Analyze that how you'd like to, but there are other players who need to develop on this offense. The QB who can help this team put 6's on the board gives them the best chance to do that.

Yet we get this gem from Herm:

Thigpen, I thought after the Chicago game, he really pressed some things and turned the ball over too much for me.

Yet Huard turns the ball over more often than Croyle -and they STILL open up the playbook when he's in there...

Christ, Herm would have benched Peyton ****ing Manning his rookie year because he turned the ball over.

I honestly hope they DON'T draft a QB in 2009 - he's guaranteed to be a failure under this coaching staff.

Let the new staff either draft a guy, or sign a FA.

teedubya
09-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Don't forget the part about Trading the NFL sack leader!!

The Bad Guy
09-07-2008, 07:30 PM
I wish someone would just waste 88 already.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 07:33 PM
I wish someone would just waste 88 already.

Don't worry, Carl is coming close to wasting Tony's HOF career.

Soupnazi
09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Yet Huard turns the ball over more often than Croyle -and they STILL open up the playbook when he's in there...

Christ, Herm would have benched Peyton ****ing Manning his rookie year because he turned the ball over.

I honestly hope they DON'T draft a QB in 2009 - he's guaranteed to be a failure under this coaching staff.

Hard to argue with this.

Mecca
09-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Yet we get this gem from Herm:

Let the new staff either draft a guy, or sign a FA.

This is why we will never develop a QB with Herm, he's way to concerned with turnovers and chopping off the guys nuts. He wants conservative play that's just what it is.

With young QB's you have to be willing to tell them turnovers don't matter right now.

xbarretx
09-07-2008, 07:40 PM

You're either confident in your starting QB, or your not.

This coaching staff does everything half-ass.

Makes a ton of sense...

rep and QFT! :clap:

no clue why they change the play calling....for a guy they say they have confidence in.

all i can say is hopefully Croyle's shoulder isnt bad and he can come back fast... lets either sink or swim with him and learn if we need to snag another QB or not........