PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs How did you think Dorsey and Albert looked?

Deberg_1990
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
The future.....

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 09:00 PM
Let's see, we gave up gobs of rushing yards and scored 10 points. They sucked. /RETARD CHIEFS FAN

Pablo
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Albert looked like a man out there...

Doin' the damn thing, provided great protection against a solid pass rush.

Dorsey didn't do much that I saw, and he seemed to be out of the game quite a bit for a starter...

OnTheWarpath15
09-07-2008, 09:01 PM
All the rooks looked pretty good, IMO.

Tribal Warfare
09-07-2008, 09:03 PM
Dorsey was hardly in there, and Albert was a badass

SLAG
09-07-2008, 09:07 PM
I saw dorsey get Manhandled on one play but thats all I recall

DJ's left nut
09-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Albert reminded me of Marcus McNeill. Very comfortable for a rookie, I think we have a definite keeper (and likely the best LT in the draft).

Dorsey just didn't play much. Got some push on occasion, but we learned nothing about him today, IMO.

I thought Carr looked great and I didn't see much of Flowers, which is an okay thing when talking about young CBs. Charles looked better than LJ, but he was used far more effectively (stretch plays, etc...) and Cottam was virtually non-existent.

Really the whole thing takes 2nd place to Albert looking very very good, IMO.

Chiefshrink
09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
I thought Albert would get manhandled a few times but he really didn't. He did quite well against Seymour.

SBK
09-07-2008, 09:10 PM
If Albert continues to get better I don't see LT being a target of our #1 next year.

Our interior d-line looked pretty good to me for most of the game. I also thought the pass rush was only a little bit below the 86 Bears.

Basileus777
09-07-2008, 09:12 PM
LT should never have been our #1 target unless Albert was a complete disaster. Its not like he's a natural RT. Moving him to guard should be a last resort.

milkman
09-07-2008, 09:22 PM
As some of you may know (Direckshun), I am as high on Albert as anyone, and even I thought it was a mistake to start him in this game.

He proved me wrong on that.

He played as well as I would have expected him to play if he had played the full preseason schedule.

Seymour wasn't much of a factor in today's game.

Now if only we can get the dumbass in charge to make a change on the right side.

DaFace
09-07-2008, 09:27 PM
I never heard Albert's name called, nor did I see his number and shake my head in disgust. I think that makes him a winner.

I suck at telling what's going on on the Dline, but the fact that we had a number of good stops makes me think he was doing his job.

Coach
09-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Kinda hard to tell if Dorsey could be good or not, considering that he probably is double-teamed alot, and most of the time I heard Tyler over Dorsey more often.

chiefs1111
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
I liked what i saw from Albert today. To bad Mac sucks on the right side....

Deberg_1990
09-07-2008, 09:40 PM

I agree. Albert looked fantastic for a rookie.

If Richardson or Taylor are healthy, either one should be playing over McINtosh.

Can we replace Jones too??

milkman
09-07-2008, 09:44 PM

If Richardson or Taylor are healthy, either one should be playing over McINtosh.

Can we replace Jones too??

You know, I saw some progress from Jones with each preseason game this year, but he may be now suffering from the same malady that affected Waters last year.

Playing alongside McGina just might be bad for your career.

It affected the Chargers and Dolphins in years past.

McGinaitus.

It must be cut out before it spreads.

Coach
09-07-2008, 09:56 PM
You know, I saw some progress from Jones with each preseason game this year, but he may be now suffering from the same malady that affected Waters last year.

Playing alongside McGina just might be bad for your career.

It affected the Chargers and Dolphins in years past.

McGinaitus.

It must be cut out before it spreads.

So by your assessment, you would tend to believe that Jones would be better of benefiting from Taylor instead of McGinatosh? In other words, Jones would be a legit RG if he had someone else over there instead of McGinatosh?

milkman
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
So by your assessment, you would tend to believe that Jones would be better of benefiting from Taylor instead of McGinatosh? In other words, Jones would be a legit RG if he had someone else over there instead of McGinatosh?

I was pissed that Jones was handed the job in OTAs.

I expected this guy to suck as much as McGinaTosh, but as the preseason progressed, I saw signs that I might be wrong on that.

I may be wrong, he may still suck, but until he plays alongside a real ****ing football player, I will withhold judgement.

I saw Waters play pretty poorly last year, and he seems to be reinvigorated this year.

Is it coincidence?

I think not.

As I've said before, it's no coincidence that McGinaTosh has been a part of some of the worst O-lines, year after year, since he entered the league.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
I must say how it's amazing how you called Mac's suckage right when they switched him.

You are a prophet.

milkman
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
I must say how it's amazing how you called Mac's suckage right when they switched him.

You are a prophet.

Are you actually acknowleging that I did call it?

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM

mac looked like the rookie for sure

kcsam07
09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
actually from what i saw dorsey did exactly what he was supposed to do take on double teams get some push and he was 1 of the guys on that stop towards the end of the game

Pablo
09-07-2008, 10:16 PM
So, will Herb Taylor get any playing time at RT?

Surely, they'll watch the tape and see what a wreck RT is.

milkman
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM

If these dumbasses haven't figured it out after the 4 preseason games, not to metion camp, then what makes you think they'll figure it out now?

Coach
09-07-2008, 10:18 PM
If these dumbasses haven't figured it out after the 4 preseason games, not to metion camp, then what makes you think they'll figure it out now?

Sad but true.

dj56dt58
09-07-2008, 10:56 PM

ROFL

our coaches figure something out? They still haven't figured out that run run swing pass punt doesn't work in this league

Mizzou_8541
09-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Mac was awful. Like, the ole' blocks were in full effect.

dj56dt58
09-07-2008, 11:01 PM
Mac shouldn't be allowed to wear 77

TrickyNicky
09-07-2008, 11:05 PM
If anyone comes in for McInjuredtosh it will be Richardson.

SBK
09-07-2008, 11:28 PM
Mac shouldn't be allowed to wear 77

I think that every time I see him on the field.

Ultra Peanut
09-07-2008, 11:30 PM
I think Albert looked amazingly capable, considering the circumstances.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Herb Taylor just isn't big enough to play right tackle, fellas.

ChiefsCountry
09-07-2008, 11:34 PM
Barry Richardson is though.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2008, 11:38 PM
And Richardson looked like Winston Justice vs. Osi Umenyiora in the preseason.

There isn't a RT solution on the roster for this year. If Hutard is going to be back there, we can trot out Barry after 8 games, and if gets killed, I'll just laugh.

Ultra Peanut
09-07-2008, 11:41 PM
And Richardson looked like Winston Justice vs. Osi Umenyiora in the preseason.

There isn't a RT solution on the roster for this year. If Hutard is going to be back there, we can trot out Barry after 8 games, and if gets killed, I'll just laugh.This is a good point. We can afford to experiment all we like with Huard back there, because even his own family hates that guy.

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 11:42 PM
Look at Dorsey maul the **** out of this guard:

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3987/dorseyec8.gif (http://imageshack.us)

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-07-2008, 11:44 PM
For me, watching Huard take a beating is like watching Daniel LaRusso take one. I find it thoroughly enjoyable.

blueballs
09-07-2008, 11:48 PM
Franklin should be able to help bail out Huard
and his mile high floaters

Pablo
09-07-2008, 11:49 PM
This is a good point. We can afford to experiment all we like with Huard back there, because even his own family hates that guy.This is true. Huard's family sends all of his Christmas gifts to Tom Brady.

SBK
For me, watching Huard take a beating is like watching Daniel LaRusso take one. I find it thoroughly enjoyable.

LMAO

Pablo
Franklin should be able to help bail out Huard
and his mile high floatersWhen is Franklin due back?

blueballs
09-07-2008, 11:51 PM
don't know

Chiefs=Champions
09-08-2008, 01:56 AM
On Milkmans assessment i gotta give him a lotta props... I remember viewing his wise prediction from my lurking mode and although not wanting to agree with it, i am now convinced... Rep oh mighty predictor...

Oh and Alberts Awesome... + Dorsey was in on both of the goaline stops...

TrickyNicky
09-08-2008, 06:37 AM
Dorsey Albert and Flowers. That draft just never gets old.

Iowanian
09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
One thing to consider.....they were both in their First NFL game, Albert had very little practice and no preseason experience.

Albert was lined up against a first round Probowler and a complicated 3-4 blocking scheme with little practice time. I thought he did very, very well all things considered.

Dorsey, was playing against a probowl Oline. He was blown out on some plays, but also had some nice push, even against a double team. He was in a rotation, but I saw some positive. His job is to take up 2 blockers, push them and open up opportunity for the other Dlinemen.

Chiefnj2
09-08-2008, 07:23 AM
All things being taken into consideration, they both looked great.

Buehler445
09-08-2008, 07:30 AM
The future.....

I made a point to watch Albert, and I thought he played well. There was a play that Brodie took a 7 step drop, had to retreat more, and threw a fade to Bow that was broken up. Albert had someone in space with noone around to help for at least three yards, and he locked him the fugg down.

Of course, pressure came from the right side and forced the throw.

As far as Milkman goes, you shoulda went to Vegas. You predicted Albert becoming a LT, you predicted pretty closely where he would go/who we would go in front of, and that McVagina would suck ass on the Right side. Or maybe you called everything right here, so going to Vegas might be a bad idea.

Hammock Parties
04-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Memories...

Albert looked like a man out there...

Doin' the damn thing, provided great protection against a solid pass rush.

Albert was a badass

Albert reminded me of Marcus McNeill. Very comfortable for a rookie, I think we have a definite keeper (and likely the best LT in the draft).

I thought Albert would get manhandled a few times but he really didn't. He did quite well against Seymour.

If Albert continues to get better I don't see LT being a target of our #1 next year.

As some of you may know (Direckshun), I am as high on Albert as anyone, and even I thought it was a mistake to start him in this game.

He proved me wrong on that.

He played as well as I would have expected him to play if he had played the full preseason schedule.

Seymour wasn't much of a factor in today's game.

?

Albert was lined up against a first round Probowler and a complicated 3-4 blocking scheme with little practice time. I thought he did very, very well all things considered.

I made a point to watch Albert, and I thought he played well. There was a play that Brodie took a 7 step drop, had to retreat more, and threw a fade to Bow that was broken up. Albert had someone in space with noone around to help for at least three yards, and he locked him the fugg down.

DTLB58
04-18-2013, 08:27 PM
The future.....

Which frickin Dorsey are we talking about here?

ChiefsCountry
04-18-2013, 08:35 PM

Dumbass read the post date.

hometeam
04-18-2013, 08:36 PM

Being as the OP is 5 years old..

Prison Bitch
04-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Never forget the Star having that full page ad of the two, Chiefs excitedly advertising season tix. Lol

Deberg_1990
04-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Heh, our splendid 08 draft all but a distant memory soon..

Dorsey, Albert and Carr all gone.........

At least Charles still saves it.

Hammock Parties
04-18-2013, 09:09 PM
Just another brick in the wall next to Tony G and Shields...

DaneMcCloud
04-18-2013, 09:59 PM
Memories...

You're a dick.

If people even attempted to pull your "memories", the server would shut down.