09-07-2008, 10:03 PM
seriously

Sure-Oz
09-07-2008, 10:04 PM
BJ SAMS/Dantrell Savage

Pablo
I'll put it this way.

I'd rather watch Huard back there than Culpepper.

I'd rather watch Culpepper than Thigpen.

Hammock Parties
Huard > Culpepper

Over the last two years in Kansas City, Huard has completed 354 of 576 passes (61.5%) for 4,135 yards, 7.2 YPA, 22 TDs, 14 INTs, and an 85.7 passer rating.

DJ's left nut
09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll say this, Culpepper's the only QB in the NFL that could survive McIntosh.

Wait...why haven't we given him a call? I'm certain he'd be a better option at RT than the current starter.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-07-2008, 10:05 PM
i agree watching huard play making me wanna puke. The guy is a proven loser

CosmicPal
09-07-2008, 10:06 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5P6UU6m3cqk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5P6UU6m3cqk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

chiefs1111
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
i say lets call the Rams and see if we can trade for Trent Green,lol

Hammock Parties
09-07-2008, 10:07 PM
i agree watching huard play making me wanna puke. The guy is a proven loser

WTF?

Watching the guy lead two clutch drives and come within a dropped pass of tying the game makes you want to puke?

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 10:10 PM
what do we have to lose?

You know I got to agree with you there

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 10:11 PM
i say lets call the Rams and see if we can trade for Trent Green,lol

trent wouldn't last 3 min behind this oline

Pablo
09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
i agree watching huard play making me wanna puke. The guy is a proven loserThere aren't many proven winners on our squad.

Huard will do what he did last year. He'll win some, he'll lose some. He'll have a weak ass ball with a hangtime longer than a punt and he'll take a shitload of hits.

A lot. But he'll probably get back up. Nobody likes Huard. But I guess if someone has the guts to stand behind this line and get basted every week, I'll at least give them credit for being somewhat tough.

Mr. Arrowhead
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
WTF?

Watching the guy lead two clutch drives and come within a dropped pass of tying the game makes you want to puke?
yea, it makes me puke seeing huard going into his fetus position and throwing good ol wobbler to ellis hobbs

CosmicPal
09-07-2008, 10:14 PM
You know I got to agree with you there

Try a roster spot.

A young, rebuilding team doesn't have very many roster spots to give up to replace someone who may only be out a couple of weeks.

And then you have to add in the fact he's got to learn a new system, get accustomed to the receivers, and the only football left in him is him playing Madden in his living room.

Lastly, he couldn't make it with the Faiders and retired. The last I checked, the Faiders aren't exactly in QB heaven right now.

BigRedChief
09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
Huard > Culpepper

Over the last two years in Kansas City, Huard has completed 354 of 576 passes (61.5%) for 4,135 yards, 7.2 YPA, 22 TDs, 14 INTs, and an 85.7 passer rating.
Who gives a shit? Hiuard ain't going to win shit for us. Been there done that.

Maybe we can get lighting in a bottle. You'll never know if you don't try.

I'm giving up on Croyle because of injuries. He's not a long term solution and neither is Thigpin.

Maybe Culpper has one last season in him? But if he doesn't so what? Let Mcintosh get him killed.

picasso
09-07-2008, 10:20 PM
Why in the f%ck are you guys going off on Huard? It was Bowe that dropped the ball.
Morons!

OctoberFart
09-07-2008, 10:24 PM
Huard > Culpepper

Huard is like Brian Griese, puts up pretty good numbers but they never lead to wins.

BigRedChief
09-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Why in the f%ck are you guys going off on Huard? It was Bowe that dropped the ball.
Morons!
For me its nothing to do with the game today. Its his history in the NFL. His history with the Chiefs.

He's just not going to get us on a winning streak and he's so frikking boring.

blueballs
09-07-2008, 10:30 PM
It's about time for Carson Palmer to demand a trade
everyone else in Cinncy has

cdcox
09-07-2008, 10:34 PM
I'm not in favor of bringing in anyone that doesn't have potential to be a long term starting QB for the Chiefs. If you bring in someone half good that can play a few years, you are moving backward, not forward.

CosmicPal
09-07-2008, 10:36 PM
The sad thing is, if you thought our offense was very vanilla today, just wait until the next few weeks with Huard.

BigRedChief
09-07-2008, 10:52 PM
I'm not in favor of bringing in anyone that doesn't have potential to be a long term starting QB for the Chiefs. If you bring in someone half good that can play a few years, you are moving backward, not forward.
huh? We will go get our QOTF in the off season. Either in a trade, draft or FA.

This is a one year job. After that they had better get their QOTF right this time.

dj56dt58
09-07-2008, 10:54 PM

thats the way its gonna have to be..we're NEVER gonna develop a qb..ever

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 11:02 PM
It's about time for Carson Palmer to demand a trade
everyone else in Cinncy has

ROFL

J Diddy
09-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Try a roster spot.

A young, rebuilding team doesn't have very many roster spots to give up to replace someone who may only be out a couple of weeks.

And then you have to add in the fact he's got to learn a new system, get accustomed to the receivers, and the only football left in him is him playing Madden in his living room.

Lastly, he couldn't make it with the Faiders and retired. The last I checked, the Faiders aren't exactly in QB heaven right now.

They drafted the number 1 pick who was their qb, it don't get better than that?

I don't think he's done and will have experience under his belt, the guy was/can be a bad ass why not give him a shot to resurrect his career

BigRedChief
09-07-2008, 11:10 PM
They drafted the number 1 pick who was their qb, it don't get better than that?

I don't think he's done and will have experience under his belt, the guy was/can be a bad ass why not give him a shot to resurrect his career
We will go get our next QOTF in the off season. All we need is a stop gap QB for this year.

And lets not forget the Chiefs not having a good backup QB already on the roster with Croyle's history of injuries.:cuss:

ChiefsCountry
09-07-2008, 11:12 PM
We will go get our next QOTF in the off season. All we need is a stop gap QB for this year.

And lets not forget the Chiefs not having a good backup QB already on the roster with Croyle's history of injuries.:cuss:

I doubt it unless some of the young guys come out early.

chiefscafan
09-08-2008, 12:20 AM
how is this for cool sign cullpepper dumb down the o lol like it needs to be and let cullpepper have revenge on the raiders sounds good huh.

Ultra Peanut
09-08-2008, 01:56 AM
MIKE MCMAHON BITCHES

**** YOU BILLY BABER

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 05:55 AM
There aren't many proven winners on our squad.

Huard will do what he did last year. He'll win some, he'll lose some. He'll have a weak ass ball with a hangtime longer than a punt and he'll take a shitload of hits.

A lot. But he'll probably get back up. Nobody likes Huard. But I guess if someone has the guts to stand behind this line and get basted every week, I'll at least give them credit for being somewhat tough.

Huard gets back up because he goes down before getting hit.

He took another "phantom" sack yesterday - not a defender within reach of him.

Carl got his wish. Huard behind center and 4-6 wins.

Too bad the rest of the franchise has to wait until 2010 for a ****ing QB...

cadmonkey
09-08-2008, 06:34 AM
Calm down. He'll end up in New England before KC. We have Moss to entice Mr. Culpepper.

09-08-2008, 06:36 AM

4-6 wins? ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 06:38 AM
4-6 wins? ROFL

Remember, this is Carl I'm talking about.

Just like the true fans, yesterday has him thinking we can actually play with the big boys...

09-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Remember, this is Carl I'm talking about.

Just like the true fans, yesterday has him thinking we can actually play with the big boys...
Oh, thats right. The Whitlock article. And here I didn't think Carl could get more stupid.:doh!:

BigRedChief
09-08-2008, 07:05 AM

no chit. Brodie not working out sets the whole team back at least a year, maybe 2 in development, ready to compete again for a playoff game.

Rausch
09-08-2008, 07:07 AM
no chit. Brodie not working out sets the whole team back at least a year, maybe 2 in development, ready to compete again for a playoff game.

I don't think so.

I think the plan was to run with a cost-nothing QB who could hold the fan's attention while the rest of the team was built.

In 1-2 years most of the rebuilding pieces should be in place and we can spend a high draft pick/trade on a young QB without having to worry about him getting beat up and ruined.

That's Croyle's job...

kcvet
09-08-2008, 07:09 AM
screw Edwards. replace him. and give CP a pink slip !!!!:mad:

Buehler445
09-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Culpepper would get dead behind this line. He's more of a statue than Huard. I've always respected your opinions, but disagree with this one BRC.

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2008, 07:11 AM
huh? We will go get our QOTF in the off season. Either in a trade, draft or FA.....

Yea, right.

BigRedChief
09-08-2008, 07:15 AM
Yea, right.
I know. I know. It's the homer in me spilling out.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 07:19 AM
I don't think so.

I think the plan was to run with a cost-nothing QB who could hold the fan's attention while the rest of the team was built.

In 1-2 years most of the rebuilding pieces should be in place and we can spend a high draft pick/trade on a young QB without having to worry about him getting beat up and ruined.

That's Croyle's job...

So the rest of the team will be ready, and we'll be waiting for that young QB to catch up...

Fantastic.

Iowanian
09-08-2008, 07:21 AM
If the Chiefs were in the mind of picking up a veteran castoff.....Harrington is out there.

Culpepper is a fat runner with bad knees and is retired.

If Simms doesn't go to NE, which he will.....he'd be my first choice.

He doen't need his spleen to hand off halfback dives anyway.

BigRedChief
09-08-2008, 07:29 AM
If the Chiefs were in the mind of picking up a veteran castoff.....Harrington is out there.

Culpepper is a fat runner with bad knees and is retired.

If Simms doesn't go to NE, which he will.....he'd be my first choice.

He doen't need his spleen to hand off halfback dives anyway.
Simms will go to NE, I bet they have a done deal by the end of the day.

King Carl always loved Harrington. I'd be okay with that too.

We need something as a one year stop gap QB that will keep the young players and the fans excited about the direction of the team. Huard is stale old coffee.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 07:31 AM

We need something as a one year stop gap QB that will keep the young players and the fans excited about the direction of the team. Huard is stale old coffee.

That's the thing.

They've shown they are going to handcuff anyone not named Damon Huard.

So don't bother getting excited about anyone they may bring in.

09-08-2008, 07:32 AM
That's the thing.

Which is why I never wanted this POS coach to begin with.

kcvet
09-08-2008, 07:33 AM
Edwards: this is my season and im stickin' to it. empty stadium and all.

CoMoChief
09-08-2008, 07:46 AM
We need to trade Larry Johnson for whatever trade value he has at this point. Theres really no reason in keeping him. We aren't a better team with him. We need to stockpile again on draft picks. We need another draft like last season.

Simply put.....We need to trade down and draft OU's RG Duke Robinson. That's solidfies the Oline at every position but RT, which IMO could be determined by the end of this season, no way they leave McInstosh in there. Herb Taylor should be getting reps with the 1st team this week if Herm was anywhere near being somewhat capable of running a football team. Only problem is that he's not.

Just about every passing situation LJ came out of the game because his blocking abilities STILL hasn't gotten any better.

Charles, Smith and even Savage are a lot better suited for this offense than Larry Johnson is considering our Oline. Larry just runs and falls forward and at least Charles and Smith are patient enough to wait for holes to develope or are shifty enough to make one guy miss and gain a few more yds. Charles is blessed with exceptional speed and can burst to the outside to gain extra yds which is something LJ can not do. I don't really think it's just a coincidence that the other backs are outperforming LJ when they play.

LB play yesterday from other than a few plays from DJ, was non exsistant. Pat Thomas needs to ride the pine. NO excuses for getting your ass shook out of your shoes by a QB that runs a 5.0+ 40 time with the agility of a sloth.

Croyle isn't the answer. I am now officially off that bandwagon. Start Huard the rest of the season.

Can't evaluate Croyle when he's on the bench because he can't stay healthy. That was a typical NFL hit he took yesterday, wasn't a freak injury or a certain way he was hit. Many QB's would have just gotten up after that. The guy is fragile and isn't over 200 lbs regardless of what the stats say. I've seen him in public and he's not very big at all. Almost wanna call the guy scrawny. The guy gets injured too much. You can't make the club in the tub. He's slowing the rebuilding down bu having to give reps to a backup because he can't play. It's slowing the maturing of other young position players on the team as well since they can't get a good chemistry with Croyle.

He simply can't take the NFL beating. Some can....and some can't. Croyle has done everything but show us that he can take the NFL bumps n bruises. The only thing is, this isn't anything new. Croyle's inj history is the primary reason why he wasn't drafted higher than he was. We took a gamble on that and failed miserably as he's gotten inj'd 3times in 7 games. That sucks and simply can not be tolerated. If he can't survive the takedowns, find someone else who can.

kcvet
09-08-2008, 07:54 AM
the OC said he wasn't good at gadget and trick plays. he warned it was gonna be straight fowarded O. I knew it was gonna be another zero season.

Micjones
09-08-2008, 07:58 AM
The sad thing is, if you thought our offense was very vanilla today, just wait until the next few weeks with Huard.

Watch much of yesterday's game?

The offense opened up entirely with Huard at the helm.
If anything happens over the next few weeks the offense will be much less predictable.

triple
09-08-2008, 07:59 AM
That's the thing.

exactly. Just like last year, Huard comes in and the offense opens up.

Why wouldn't they let Croyle out of the Rich Gannon offense?

kcvet
09-08-2008, 08:01 AM
Watch much of yesterday's game?

The offense opened up entirely with Huard at the helm.
If anything happens over the next few weeks the offense will be much less predictable.

depends on play calling. this OC is vanilla. he even admitted it

Ultra Peanut
09-08-2008, 08:08 AM
If the Chiefs were in the mind of picking up a veteran castoff.....Harrington is out there.Joey Heisman Redemption Tour 2008

I'd be so happy.

Sfeihc
09-08-2008, 08:36 AM
Maybe if you start this thread on enough different websites it will come true, BRC?

StcChief
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM

We need something as a one year stop gap QB that will keep the young players and the fans excited about the direction of the team. Huard is stale old coffee.yeah, Huard looked bad....rusty? Harrington may work.

Demonpenz
09-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Come on guys. there is no way that harrington could learn our vast and complicated playbook. Unless of course we rent him tecmo bowl.

boogblaster
09-08-2008, 08:55 AM
NO NO NO to Culsucker ... I liked that kid we had in camp two years ago .. what happened to him ....

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 08:56 AM
NO NO NO to Culsucker ... I liked that kid we had in camp two years ago .. what happened to him ....

He can't figure out the exchange with the center...

chagrin
09-08-2008, 09:08 AM
NO NO NO to Culsucker

add harrington to that list; after watching him stink for 6 years, ON 2 DIFFERENT TEAMS MIND YOU, you'd think people here would wise up, good lord wtf is wrong with folks :shake:

patteeu
09-08-2008, 09:35 AM

Amen. If there is a young guy out there with any potential at all, I'd rather see the Chiefs bring that guy in than have them go with Huard or anyone else who is a short term fix.

patteeu
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
huh? We will go get our QOTF in the off season. Either in a trade, draft or FA.

This is a one year job. After that they had better get their QOTF right this time.

Even if you're right that we won't find our true QBoTF until next year's draft, we're still probably better off taking a flyer on a young guy (or on Brodie again when he heals) than going with Huard or a last legs option like Culpepper. Huard and/or Culpepper might be able to win us a few more games, but the young guy will either prove that he might be the QBoTF, himself, or he will suck and lead us to a better draft position from which to take QBoTF.

BigRedChief
09-08-2008, 10:24 AM
Even if you're right that we won't find our true QBoTF until next year's draft, we're still probably better off taking a flyer on a young guy (or on Brodie again when he heals) than going with Huard or a last legs option like Culpepper. Huard and/or Culpepper might be able to win us a few more games, but the young guy will either prove that he might be the QBoTF, himself, or he will suck and lead us to a better draft position from which to take QBoTF.
I think when Brodie heals it doesn't matter. He will get injured again.

I'm up for taking a flyer on a young guy over Culpepper. But, which young guy?

blueballs
09-08-2008, 10:25 AM
harrington is backing up Flacco

shitgoose
09-08-2008, 10:29 AM
where the hell is David Carr these days? He's a veteran of the crappy O-lines and dickhead play calling

Sure-Oz
09-08-2008, 10:30 AM
He's a #3 QB with the Giants i believe

Frosty
09-08-2008, 10:36 AM
harrington is backing up Flacco

No, he's not.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/02/mortensen-wrong-again-ravens-sign-bouman-not-harrington/

RustShack
09-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Bring in Joey!

Sure-Oz
09-08-2008, 10:45 AM
Pretty bad if Joey Harrington can't beat a 36 year old career 3rd stringer, wait that reminds me of a QB on our roster

blueballs
09-08-2008, 10:50 AM
No, he's not.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/02/mortensen-wrong-again-ravens-sign-bouman-not-harrington/

this post killed 15% of my will to live

OctoberFart
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Amazing how some of you have changed your tune on Culpecker. When he was a Raider he was a washed up bum now he could be the possible savior to a rebuilding franchise. He sucks no matter how you look at it but he is better than Croyle and I'm not so sure he would be any better than Huard though.

blueballs
09-08-2008, 12:21 PM
funny how Randy Moss was worthless in Oakland too

Pablo
09-08-2008, 12:42 PM
Amazing how some of you have changed your tune on Culpecker. When he was a Raider he was a washed up bum now he could be the possible savior to a rebuilding franchise. He sucks no matter how you look at it but he is better than Croyle and I'm not so sure he would be any better than Huard though.No, he's been a washed up bum since he left Minny. But since we currently have a washed up bum at QB, I'm not in favor of going after Culpepper. Unless Huard goes down...and that's just because I hate Thigpen.

BigRedChief
09-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Amazing how some of you have changed your tune on Culpecker. When he was a Raider he was a washed up bum now he could be the possible savior to a rebuilding franchise. He sucks no matter how you look at it but he is better than Croyle and I'm not so sure he would be any better than Huard though.
Every player goes down hill the mintue they put on the Raider uniform. just saying.:)

King_Chief_Fan
09-08-2008, 02:57 PM

taking any more chances on Croyle is like :banghead:

why keep doing the same thing and expecting something different?

kcvet
09-08-2008, 03:02 PM
Every player goes down hill the mintue they put on the Raider uniform. just saying.:)

we'll find out tonite huh?????

JuicesFlowing
09-08-2008, 03:03 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5P6UU6m3cqk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5P6UU6m3cqk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

God I wish I was that happy.

BigRedChief
09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
we'll find out tonite huh?????
yep.ROFL