PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Tony Gonzales: Positive Game

KCJohnny
09-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Gonzo, senior statesman on the road loss (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2008/09/07/chiefspatriots_postgame_quotes/)to the Pats:

Tony Gonzalez, Tight End
(On the loss)
“There’re a lot more positives from this one. We are so young and we can play a lot better. There are some guys, without saying names, that can play better, and we will. It looks good as far as I’m concerned.”
(On play of Damon Huard)
“He took advantage of his opportunities and [Dwayne] Bowe came up with a great catch. Obviously Damon brings experience, but I think Brodie [Croyle] played real well also.”
(On play of Dwayne Bowe)
“I think it’s part of that growing process. My second year, I dropped 17 balls. You come out with all these expectations after having a good rookie season and you put a lot of pressure on yourself. He makes great catches in practice and in games. He just needs to be more consistent and I know he will. He’s going to be a great football player in this league.”

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 06:23 AM
He's been on the team for 11 f*cking years and people still don't know how to spell his name. How is it that hard?

KCJohnny
09-08-2008, 06:26 AM
I spelled it right. You must be talking about the Chiefs' official website quoted here. Have some coffee.

Bowser
09-08-2008, 07:03 AM
With a Z.

kcpasco
09-08-2008, 07:06 AM
Tony being classy as always.
I really feel sorry for him, he deserves better then this shit.

KCJohnny
09-08-2008, 07:08 AM
Tony being classy as always.
I really feel sorry for him, he deserves better then this shit.

Agreed. He deserves a ring. If in the twilight of his career he goes to a contender to get the ring (Karl Malone, Neil Smith, etc...) I will not hold it against him. I just hope he gets a better deal than Marcus Allen got n Oaktown and goes into Canton as a Chief.

Saulbadguy
09-08-2008, 07:18 AM
I spelled it right. You must be talking about the Chiefs' official website quoted here. Have some coffee.

tard

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
G-O-N-Z-A-L-E-Z

The website spelled it correctly.

You did not.

KCJohnny
09-08-2008, 07:38 AM
G-O-N-Z-A-L-E-Z

The website spelled it correctly.

You did not.

Thank you.

StcChief
09-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Agreed. He deserves a ring. If in the twilight of his career he goes to a contender to get the ring (Karl Malone, Neil Smith, etc...) I will not hold it against him. I just hope he gets a better deal than Marcus Allen got n Oaktown and goes into Canton as a Chief.yeah. it would need to happen real soon....... I think he goes out as a Chief but you never know.

Bowser
09-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Agreed. He deserves a ring. If in the twilight of his career he goes to a contender to get the ring (Karl Malone, Neil Smith, etc...) I will not hold it against him. I just hope he gets a better deal than Marcus Allen got n Oaktown and goes into Canton as a Chief.

I agree that it would be great for Tony to get a ring, but really, he sealed his fate in that regard when he chose to take the big money offer we had on the table for him, rather than go play for the Chargers or Cowboys, or someone else who realistically has a chance at a ring. He knew what this team was and would be.

boogblaster
09-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Gonzo is ole-school he'll remain a Chief .. and thats fine with me ....

Buehler445
09-08-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm glad to see TG take this route as opposed to sulking about a loss as many other stars would.

Posted via Mobile Device

Sure-Oz
09-08-2008, 10:22 AM
Tony was stupid to re-sign

Gonzo
09-08-2008, 10:40 AM
(On play of Dwayne Bowe)
“I think it’s part of that growing process. My second year, I dropped 17 balls.:

Well,
D-Bowe's on pace for 64 drops. He may get you're record Tony.

KCJohnny
09-08-2008, 09:34 PM
I'm glad to see TG take this route as opposed to sulking about a loss as many other stars would.

Posted via Mobile Device

His high character leadership in that regard is doing things for this team that there is no stat sheet for. Herm's very fortunate to have him on the squad.

Direckshun
09-08-2008, 09:36 PM
I would like to point out to the Planet that Tony G knows how many passes he dropped in his second year.

God. If there were ever an argument for cloning, we could use a whole team with this guy's brain.

KCJohnny
09-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Dwayne Bowe, take note. This is how its done.