PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Simms and Rattay headed to KC for workout

JuicesFlowing
09-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Monday Update 9/8
September 8, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From the Truman Sports Complex

NFL veteran quarterbacks Chris Simms and Tim Rattay should be headed to Kansas City Monday evening and they are expected to workout for the Chiefs sometime on Tuesday.

Right now, it appears that QB Brodie Croyle will miss two to four weeks with the shoulder injury he suffered on Sunday in Foxboro against the Patriots. That leaves the Chiefs with no option other than to sign a quarterback to help them.

Both Simms and Rattay were rumored to be at the top of the list in New England for the Patriots to step onto their roster for the injured Tom Brady. But Chiefs sources say both quarterbacks left Foxboro without being offered a deal. It sounds like the Patriots must have something else working behind the scenes.

The Patriots announced on Monday afternoon that Brady will undergo sugery and is lost for the season. They placed him on the injured reserve list.

Simms is 6-4, 220 pounds, 28-year old former third-round draft choice of Tampa Bay in the 2003 NFL Draft out of the University of Texas. He’s not played in a regular season game since the third week of the 2006 season, when he suffered a spleen injury. Ultimately, he underwent a splenectomy and missed the rest of the ‘06 and the whole ‘07 season. He did play in the most recent pre-season for the Bucs, completing 19 of 30 passes for 155 yards, no TDs and one INT. He was sacked five times.

Overall with the Bucs, he played in 19 games, starting 15 and completed 59.1 percent of his passes for an average of 6.27 yards per attempt, with 12 TD passes and 17 INTs. That’s a passer rating of 71.2

Rattay is 6-0, 200 pounds, 31 years old and a veteran of nine years in the NFL. He was a seventh-round choice of San Francisco in the 2000 NFL Draft out of Louisiana Tech. He spent six seasons with the Niners, two years in Tampa Bay and part of last season with Arizona. He went to training camp in 2007 with Tennessee.

He’s played in 40 games, with 18 starts, completing 60.5 percent of his passes, for an average of 6.8 yards per attempt with 31 TDS and 23 INTs. That’s a career passer rating of 81.9.

The Chiefs are not interested in bringing back David Greene, who was with them at the end of last season.

FAX
09-08-2008, 04:15 PM
A QB with no spleen?

Sounds perfect for us.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
If they sign either, they'll sign Rattay. And it will be pointless, because they'll never let him see the field.

Exactly the opposite of what they SHOULD do.

Then again, they should have signed Simms when he was first released, and dumped Huard's ass.

chasedude
already looking for someone else :shake: How's this look for Huard now starting last season now to take a sidestep for these guys coming in?

Micjones
09-08-2008, 04:16 PM
I'll take Simms...

OnTheWarpath15
A QB with no spleen?

Sounds perfect for us.

FAX

AS someone pointed out before, you don't need a spleen to hand off.

I'd give credit, but don't remember who said it. Pretty good line.

L.A. Chieffan
Chris Simms asked Patrick Bateman if he wanted to hear the specials, and then continued to say them.

The Franchise
09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
God....just sign Simms.....it's like having the choice of three turd sandwiches. Pick the one with the least amount of peanuts and move on.

ElGringo
I know I will hear a million reasons why Simms is a horrible choice, but I kind of like it. I am not there, and have no idea if he has shaken off the rust from missing effectively 2 seasons, but on paper, I still think he looks good.

ChiefsCountry
Here is my concern with Simms, he is left handed. You guys can figure out the rest pretty easy.

Sure-Oz
09-08-2008, 04:18 PM
I hope we sign simms

BigVE
Eh, I would go with Simms. Dude is tough as nails...he FINISHED playing a game with a ruptured spleen for christ sakes! We already have a gutless backup (hu-tard) why not bring in another?

Micjones
Here is my concern with Simms, he is left handed. You guys can figure out the rest pretty easy.

Ooooh...
D-Mac to the rescue!
:cuss:

The Franchise

Oh ****. :doh!:

BigVE
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM

Oops. Never Mind. RATTAY IT IS!

JBucc
09-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Sign both and dump Hutard and Thigpen.

Sure-Oz
09-08-2008, 04:21 PM
Odds if one of these guys sign they dethrone huard?

I assume it wouldn't take long to learn the run run pass offense

FAX
09-08-2008, 04:22 PM
Bring 'em in!!

Cast off quarterbacks are all over the place. In the R2P2 scheme, we'll need about 10 of 'em.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 04:22 PM

I completely forgot.

Wouldn't be an issue if they'd get their heads out of their asses and get Taylor on the field...

dirk digler
09-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I think signing Simms is a no-brainer. He is alot better QB than Croyle is IMHO.

Micjones
09-08-2008, 04:25 PM

I completely forgot.

Wouldn't be an issue if they'd get their heads out of their asses and get Taylor on the field...

You really think it's that simple?

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 04:25 PM
Sign both and dump Hutard and Thigpen.

No shit.

Can't take very long to learn a playbook that consists of:

Chapter 1:

Handoff right.

Handoff left.

WR screen right.

WR screen left.

Chapter 2:

The art of the draw on 3rd and 7.

Chapter 3:

Self Preservation, written by Damon Huard

"The trick is to go down BEFORE the defense gets to you..."

The Franchise
09-08-2008, 04:26 PM
No shit.

Can't take very long to learn a playbook that consists of:

Chapter 1:

Handoff right.

Handoff left.

WR screen right.

WR screen left.

Chapter 2:

The art of the draw on 3rd and 7.

Chapter 3:

Self Preservation, written by Damon Huard

"The trick is to go down BEFORE the defense gets to you..."

:clap:ROFL

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 04:26 PM
You really think it's that simple?

You really think it's that difficult?

I can tell you this:

There's NO WAY the OL gets WORSE by playing Taylor.

And the benefits of getting him some valuable playing time?

No-brainer.

TRR
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM
Honestly, I would sign Chris Simms, and start him on Sunday against the Raiders. I know that sounds outlandish, but you never know what a QB like Simms can bring. We know what Huard has, and we know that Croyle can't stay on the field.

As long as Simms is in shape, I would jam the playbook down his throat, and let the kid play. This team isn't going anywhere. Let's at least try to develop a decently young QB to at least be a backup to whoever the future starter is. Right now, KC doesn't have a decent backup or starter on the roster.

DJ's left nut
09-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Yup, my first thought as well.

That said, Simms is still only 28. He actually has a possibility of making this 'his' team should he perform.

Stationary RT or no, that has to appeal to him a little bit.

Micjones
09-08-2008, 04:29 PM
You really think it's that difficult?

I'm not sure that a Tackle sliding over is ever a walk in the park. Unless he's an uber-athletic player like Branden Albert. I'm not sure that Taylor's shown his worth at ANY position yet. He's played well in spot duty, but we haven't seen enough yet to know.

I'm all for him getting valuable playing experience as well, but I don't think Simms is the right guy with another unknown at RT.

OnTheWarpath15
Yup, my first thought as well.

That said, Simms is still only 28. He actually has a possibility of making this 'his' team should he perform.

Stationary RT or no, that has to appeal to him a little bit.

Yep.

This is the best chance he's going to get to be a starter again anytime soon.

The sad part is, they'll drop Thigpen, not Huard.

Deberg_1990
We should have signed Leftwich months ago....

Silock
I wanted us to bring in Simms this past offseason.

Micjones
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Why should they drop Huard?

ChiefsCountry
Barry Richardson is the one who needs the snaps, but I dont think he is ready for it.

Sure-Oz
Yep.

This is the best chance he's going to get to be a starter again anytime soon.

The sad part is, they'll drop Thigpen, not Huard.

You really think, Thigpen can be a legit backup?

The Franchise
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
Honestly....here is what you do. I know it's been already said.

Sign Simms, put Taylor at RT and move Richardson to RG. Taylor has already proven that he can hold down the LT spot. Well now he has too....on the opposite side. And then this next part is important....

OPEN UP THE GODDAMN PLAYBOOK!!!!!!!!

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure that a Tackle sliding over is ever a walk in the park. Unless he's an uber-athletic player like Branden Albert. I'm not sure that Taylor's shown his worth at ANY position yet. He's played well in spot duty, but we haven't seen enough yet to know.

I'm all for him getting valuable playing experience as well, but I don't think Simms is the right guy with another unknown at RT.

Seeing as how Herb played mostly RT at TCU, I wouldn't be that concerned.

And he's looked pretty solid in his limited time at LT last season and this PS.

Sure-Oz
09-08-2008, 04:32 PM

I'd rather see Taylor out there than Mac anyday

Micjones
09-08-2008, 04:33 PM

I suppose it can't hurt.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 04:34 PM
You really think, Thigpen can be a legit backup?

Don't know until he actually gets a chance to play.

We know everything we need to know about Damon Huard.

He's not the future of the Kansas City Chiefs.

Taking snaps from someone that COULD be is retarded.

Especially when you saw enough in the kid to steal him off of another team's practice squad, and said team was pissed about it.

They saw something in the kid. Give him the ball.

Would you rather get 3-4 wins with Huard, or 1-2 wins with Thigpen getting some valuable experience?

ILChief
09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
Sign Simms. There is at least potential he could be something.

The Franchise
09-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I'd rather see Taylor out there than Mac anyday

And I'd rather see Richardson at RG. His strength is run blocking and not pass blocking. Sounds like a guard to me.

KC Dan
09-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Our last regular season win was Oct 21st against the Raiders. Does it really matter who the hell starts at this point???

BigVE
Barry Richardson is the one who needs the snaps, but I dont think he is ready for it.

We are YOUNG and rebuilding and we all know it...why suck with an old vet like McIntosh when you may as well suck and DEVELOP a young guy like Richardson. Richardson looked pretty good here and there in pre-season...let him learn. What have we got to lose? Washed up QB's are a dime-a-dozen anymore, bring in as many as necessary.

Sure-Oz

Especially when you saw enough in the kid to steal him off of another team's practice squad, and said team was pissed about it.

Would you rather get 3-4 wins with Huard, or 1-2 wins with Thigpen getting some valuable experience?

I see your point, we'd have a decent backup anyway as well.

The Franchise
09-08-2008, 04:37 PM

Honestly I don't think we have a QB on the roster that has the potential of being a starting QB in this league.

Rasputin
This has got to be yelling "De Ja Vu" for Herm Edwards in his mind.

Sure-Oz
Honestly I don't think we have a QB on the roster that has the potential of being a starting QB in this league.

Nice avy...you classless bastard:evil:

Micjones

What about the other players that need to develop?
Should their growth be stunted at the expense of getting Thigpen snaps?

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 04:38 PM
What about the other players that need to develop?
Should their growth be stunted at the expense of getting Thigpen snaps?

Absolutely not.

And Thigpen is in no way, shape or form ready for the NFL.

Pablo
09-08-2008, 04:40 PM
Absolutely not.

And Thigpen is in no way, shape or form ready for the NFL.Yep.

He's the 3rd stringer on the team with the worst QB situation in the NFL.

If each team fields three QB's that's 96 QB's in this league.

Thigpen is easily the 96th best QB in this league. He is awful.

jlscorpio
09-08-2008, 04:43 PM
glass half full: At least Simms won't get blindsided from Macintosh's side and get his spleen ruptured...maybe appendix, but not the spleen

DaneMcCloud
09-08-2008, 04:43 PM
I hope the Chiefs sign Chris Simms. He's got some talent and he's tough as nails.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere this season but he may be able to sneak in a couple of wins here and there to raise morale.

The Franchise
09-08-2008, 04:44 PM
Nice avy...you classless bastard:evil:

Thanks. I like it alot. :D

philfree
09-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll have a QB competition next spring and summer and adding Simms to the mix could only help. He he wins the job he'll have a good 5 year life span unless he were to get badly injured. Sure he can play this year if need be. It's not like he has to learn a complicated offense. Hand off to LJ and watch the two yards and a cloud of dust play out.

PhilFree:arrow:

Big Chief Homer
09-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Im surprised Harringtons name hasnt come up yet,with Carls man crush on him an all.

CosmicPal
09-08-2008, 04:53 PM
It doesn't matter who we get behind center, they're sitting ducks every time they drop back to pass. Hope they have pretty darn good health insurance.

Tribal Warfare
09-08-2008, 05:01 PM
I hope the Chiefs sign Chris Simms. He's got some talent and he's tough as nails.

The Chiefs aren't going anywhere this season but he may be able to sneak in a couple of wins here and there to raise morale.

I have no problem with that

Mr. Laz
09-08-2008, 05:23 PM
if they Pats don't want them it should tell us something

Hootie
09-08-2008, 05:27 PM
the Pats are going to sign Culpepper...

The Bad Guy
09-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Take a chance on Simms.

Let him learn the system for a year and compete in TC.

The Franchise
09-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Take a chance on Simms.

Let him learn the system for a year and compete in TC.

**** that. If we bring in Simms it better be because he's going to play by Week 3 or 4.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I love Herb, but he's a technician, not a mauler, and you need a mauler at RT, particularly in this shit scheme.

The Franchise
09-08-2008, 05:43 PM
I love Herb, but he's a technician, not a mauler, and you need a mauler at RT, particularly in this shit scheme.

For a left handed QB. He'd be perfect protecting Simms blindside.

'Hamas' Jenkins
the Pats are going to sign Culpepper...

The comedic potential of his reunion with Moss is off the f*cking charts.

OnTheWarpath15

Yeah, and McIntosh is the mauler you're looking for...

ROFL

Dave Lane
A QB with no spleen?

Sounds perfect for us.

FAX

If he had no testicles he could be related to Herm.

Dave

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 05:44 PM
For a left handed QB. He'd be perfect protecting Simms blindside.

You put your best tackle on the blind side. Willie Roaf played RT when the Saints had a lefty QB. Albert >> Taylor. If you sign Simms, Albert should play RT.

LOCOChief
09-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Brodie will be back by week 4, and Sims has an uncanny low release that results in shit loads of batted and deflected balls. It's his slice and it's wicked.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Yeah, and McIntosh is the mauler you're looking for...

ROFL

Did I say this??

I'm on record as saying there is no solution for RT this year, and the people who are bitching about it just need to realize it. Herb won't work there, and putting Richardson out there too soon could Winston Justice him. Just play McIntosh until Richardson is a little more comfy (say 6-8 games), let Huard get killed (f*ck him) and then you have your best chance to succeed.

Richardson looked VERY raw in the PS.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 05:48 PM
Did I say this??

I'm on record as saying there is no solution for RT this year, and the people who are bitching about it just need to realize it. Herb won't work there, and putting Richardson out there too soon could Winston Justice him. Just play McIntosh until Richardson is a little more comfy (say 6-8 games), let Huard get killed (f*ck him) and then you have your best chance to succeed.

Richardson looked VERY raw in the PS.

So you've decided Taylor won't work at RT already...

Suit yourself.

And I'm not saying he IS the answer.

But I am for putting the best 5 OLmen out there every Sunday, and McIntosh is NOT one of them.

Micjones
09-08-2008, 05:49 PM

Suit yourself.

But I am for putting the best 5 OLmen out there every Sunday, and McIntosh is NOT one of them.

The Right Tackle spot is completely unresolved and likely won't be unless they hold a Regular Season tryout there. I wish they had signed a FA to play there and we wouldn't have this to worry about.

PastorMikH
09-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Monday Update 9/8
September 8, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

Simms is 6-4, 220 pounds, 28-year old former third-round draft choice...

He did play in the most recent pre-season for the Bucs, completing 19 of 30 passes for 155 yards, no TDs and one INT. He was sacked five times.

Well, at least Simms is used to being sacked, that's one adjustment he won't have to make if he comes here.

DeezNutz
09-08-2008, 05:51 PM
let Huard get killed (f*ck him) and then you have your best chance to succeed.

ROFL

Damn.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 05:53 PM
The Right Tackle spot is completely unresolved and likely won't be unless they hold a Regular Season tryout there. I wish they had signed a FA to play there and we wouldn't have this to worry about.

It's only unresolved because they refuse to play a kid who they drafted, who played RIGHT TACKLE in college - and instead, play a cement footed POS.

PLAY the kid...he absolutely CAN'T be worse than McIntosh.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Suit yourself.

Saying that Herb Taylor will work at RT is basically like saying that Waters should be LT. Neither guy is physically suited for that position. I wanted Richardson to be ready to start at RT, but he's not, and ruining him just to get him on the field is flat out retarded.

Richardson was getting owned by guys who are unemployed in the PS. He needs TIME.

It never ceases to amaze me how the people who clamor for a rebuild are the least patient of all.

Can't a motherf*cker get coached up for half a goddamned season?

Bill Lundberg
09-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Saying that Herb Taylor will work at RT is basically like saying that Waters should be LT. Neither guy is physically suited for that position. I wanted Richardson to be ready to start at RT, but he's not, and ruining him just to get him on the field is flat out retarded.

Richardson was getting owned by guys who are unemployed in the PS. He needs TIME.

It never ceases to amaze me how the people who clamor for a rebuild are the least patient of all.

Herb Taylor was a RT in college.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 06:03 PM

I haven't said a WORD about Richardson. He's a year away, IMO.

Taylor isn't. Is he the long term answer at RT? Probably not. But again, it's physically impossible for him to be WORSE than McIntosh. And if for some reason he DOES show promise, even better.

I have plenty of patience - but I can't accept playing a 30 year old never-was when there is a young kid with potential riding the pine.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Herb Taylor was a RT in college.

And Scott Frost was a QB, so was Eric Crouch. Brad Smith was a QB in college, Dante Hall a running back. Robert Gallery was a left tackle.

Have you ever heard of the term "projects to"?? It actually means something.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 06:06 PM
I haven't said a WORD about Richardson. He's a year away, IMO.

Taylor isn't. Is he the long term answer at RT? Probably not. But again, it's physically impossible for him to be WORSE than McIntosh. And if for some reason he DOES show promise, even better.

I have plenty of patience - but I can't accept playing a 30 year old never-was when there is a young kid with potential riding the pine.

Taylor would be a much better RG than a RT, IMO if you are going to put him on this line. I don't have a problem with that move.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 06:07 PM
And Scott Frost was a QB, so was Eric Crouch. Brad Smith was a QB in college, Dante Hall a running back. Robert Gallery was a left tackle.

Have you ever heard of the term "projects to"?? It actually means something.

Who really gives a shit?

He projects as a LT. A position he's NEVER going to play in KC.

He has experience at RT,and would be an upgrade over McIntosh. Plus it would give him experience at another position, which would be kinda nice to have someone with talent AND versatility on this line, seeing as how we have ZERO depth.

WTF does playing him at RT for THIS YEAR hurt?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 06:10 PM
Who really gives a shit?

He projects as a LT. A position he's NEVER going to play in KC.

He has experience at RT,and would be an upgrade over McIntosh. Plus it would give him experience at another position, which would be kinda nice to have someone with talent AND versatility on this line, seeing as how we have ZERO depth.

WTF does playing him at RT for THIS YEAR hurt?

If you weren't posting like a reactionary true fan, I'd agree with you. But the fact of the matter is, given his skill set and physical limitations, there isn't going to be any appreciable improvement over McIntosh if you plug him in there, and Adrian Jones is still getting his skull kicked in at RG.

If you want Taylor on the line, put him in at Guard, and halfway through the season put Richardson in at RT and then you can cut bait with McIntosh.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 06:11 PM
OTW,

Why are you being such an asshole today? You seem unusually pissy.

SAUTO
09-08-2008, 06:12 PM
i think that either taylor OR richardson would be an upgrade RIGHT NOW over MAC

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 06:14 PM
If you weren't posting like a reactionary true fan, I'd agree with you. But the fact of the matter is, given his skill set and physical limitations, there isn't going to be any appreciable improvement over McIntosh if you plug him in there, and Adrian Jones is still getting his skull kicked in at RG.

If you want Taylor on the line, put him in at Guard, and halfway through the season put Richardson in at RT and then you can cut bait with McIntosh.

Wow.

No appreciable improvement over McIntosh.

I'm pretty damn sure that Taylor could have at LEAST been out of his stance before Vrabel was in the backfield yesterday...

You're seeing something in McIntosh that NO ONE else is seeing.

He's getting dominated in the passing game, which is supposed to be his strength, and absolutely ass raped in the running game, which was expected.

But yeah, let's keep throwing him out there.

booger
09-08-2008, 06:15 PM
Huard hasn't been told he'll start Sunday
By JEFFREY FLANNAGAN
The Kansas City Star
It would seem a foregone conclusion that backup quarterback Damon Huard will start for the Chiefs on Sunday in place of injured starter Brodie Croyle.

But Huard hasn't been told anything.

"I really don't know," he said Monday. "I haven't been told. I'll prepare like I do every week as if I could be called upon."

Croyle was scheduled to have an MRI on his injured shoulder Monday, according to Chiefs officials.

Much of the talk Monday in the Chiefs' lockerroom was on the Chiefs' final sequence of plays, two of which seemed to involve pass interference or illegal contact infractions on the Patriots. No flags were thrown, however.

"You know I can't comment on officiating," Huard said, smiling. "It's always tough on the last play of the game. Officials don't want to have to determine the outcome."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/787570.html

SAUTO
09-08-2008, 06:16 PM
MAc has NO mobility NO strength NO WILL TO BLOCK AND NO DURABILITY

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
OTW,

Why are you being such an asshole today? You seem unusually pissy.

'Cuz I am...

:D

Stressed out over school, mostly. Have the day off tomorrow and plan to regroup - need to come up with a better gameplan, so to speak.

You know me, man. It's NEVER personal with you. I just had the same conversation with another poster the other day...

teedubya
09-08-2008, 06:25 PM
I love Herb.

:Pimp::bong:

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Wow.

No appreciable improvement over McIntosh.

I'm pretty damn sure that Taylor could have at LEAST been out of his stance before Vrabel was in the backfield yesterday...

You're seeing something in McIntosh that NO ONE else is seeing.

He's getting dominated in the passing game, which is supposed to be his strength, and absolutely ass raped in the running game, which was expected.

But yeah, let's keep throwing him out there.

This is where I can't take your argument seriously.

If you really wanted our five best out there right now we'd probably play Taylor at LT, Waters at LG, Rudy at C, Albert at RT, and the best of what's left at RG.

But here you are clamoring for Taylor at RT, a position he's completely ill suited to play. We aren't competing for the playoffs tomorrow. Herb Taylor isn't going to have trade value. If our RT sucks, who f*cking cares? We aren't doing anything this year. Why run Richardson out there and ruin him? If you want to put Taylor out there, fine, but don't act like he's a panacea for the ills of the O-line. He's not.

But the best for today is not what is best for the future of the team. Albert needs to play LT because that is the most important position and he is our most important lineman. Waters should play LG. Rudy should play C, he's smart, physically capable, and would do a good job with the line calls. Taylor may well be the best option at guard next year, but he won't be the best option at tackle next year. Why then waste a year of his development at tackle when lines function better when they have cohesion? You can just as easily plug him in at RG and have him be a longer term stopgap with the ability to fill in at LT should Albert get hurt. Then next year Richardson can be your RT mauler and the line is mostly taken care of.

SAUTO
09-08-2008, 06:28 PM

If you really wanted our five best out there right now we'd probably play Taylor at LT, Waters at LG, Rudy at C, Albert at RT, and the best of what's left at RG.

But here you are clamoring for Taylor at RT, a position he's completely ill suited to play. We aren't competing for the playoffs tomorrow. Herb Taylor isn't going to have trade value. If our RT sucks, who f*cking cares? We aren't doing anything this year. Why run Richardson out there and ruin him? If you want to put Taylor out there, fine, but don't act like he's a panacea for the ills of the O-line. He's not.

But the best for today is not what is best for the future of the team. Albert needs to play LT because that is the most important position and he is our most important lineman. Waters should play LG. Rudy should play C, he's smart, physically capable, and would do a good job with the line calls. Taylor may well be the best option at guard next year, but he won't be the best option at tackle next year. Why then waste a year of his development at tackle when lines function better when they have cohesion? You can just as easily plug him in at RG and have him be a longer term stopgap with the ability to fill in at LT should Albert get hurt. Then next year Richardson can be your RT mauler and the line is mostly taken care of.

sorry for the long quote but who would be your RT now?

ChiefsCountry
09-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Simms would also give Brodie competion when he comes back more than Huard IMO. I would let those two duke it out for next year.

OnTheWarpath15
09-08-2008, 06:31 PM

That's all I've been trying to say.

I don't think he's a long term answer, and I don't think his presence is going to make this a great OL. But it will make it a slightly better OL, IMO.

If he gives whoever is playing QB a second longer, than I feel you're hurting the team by playing McIntosh when he's not the best option - for THIS year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-08-2008, 06:33 PM
sorry for the long quote but who would be your RT now?

I don't think it really matters, but people are acting like Taylor is going to solve the ills brought by McIntosh and that's hopelessly optimistic. I still say the best thing to do is coach up Richardson for half a season, then you can throw him out there and let him get worked a little, but not ruined like he would be otherwise. Given the # of holes on this team, I also think we'd be wise to play Herb at RG so that if we don't draft a G we'll have continuity from the left 4/5s of the line spanning two years. That can really help the development of the running game.

philfree
09-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I thought Taylor was the swing T being the backup for both left and right T. So if/when McIndusch is injured won't Taylor be the guy on the field? If Mc isn't getting the job done then shouldn't Taylor get the opportunity as the starter? And why would he be better at G then RT? And why would playing him ruin him? Or why would it ruin Richardson? I'm not so sure your argument holds any real water. IMO if we're going with youth then we should bench Mc and go with either Taylor or Richardson or even rotate them. Also maybe if we put Taylor at RT we could give Richardson a shot at RG. I'm not saying that would be best but rather a possibility. Wasn't Will Shields an OT in college?

PhilFree:arrow:

SAUTO
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
[QUOTE='Hamas' Jenkins;4996798]I don't think it really matters, but people are acting like Taylor is going to solve the ills brought by McIntosh and that's hopelessly optimistic. I still say the best thing to do is coach up Richardson for half a season, then you can throw him out there and let him get worked a little, but not ruined like he would be otherwise. Given the # of holes on this team, I also think we'd be wise to play Herb at RG so that if we don't draft a G we'll have continuity from the left 4/5s of the line spanning two years. That can really help the development of the running game.[/QUOTE
i Just see us needing a RT NOW, if not every QB we run with this year is gonna get killed rbs also

Fish
09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
McIntosh will be injured before long, and will force the issue....

WilliamTheIrish
09-08-2008, 07:14 PM
Simms could only lose a kidney on the side now. And with Mac over there you know that kidney is screaming at Simms to sign with another team.

evolve27
09-08-2008, 07:20 PM
McIntosh will be injured before long, and will force the issue....

Yeah, Huard has been known to go down. If Simms signs we have to look at cutting Thigpen. Phil's son might give us some rythm on offense and scrambling ability.

Ultra Peanut
09-08-2008, 07:31 PM
He did play in the most recent pre-season for the Bucs, completing 19 of 30 passes for 155 yards, no TDs and one INT. He was sacked five times.So you're saying HE'S READY, then?

Cormac
09-08-2008, 07:46 PM
Sign Culpepper.

milkman
09-08-2008, 07:53 PM

It would confuse Herman ****ing Edwards and Dick Curl?

prhom
09-08-2008, 08:02 PM
How many QBs are we going to injure before the league decides we're a f-ing liability and kicks us out of the NFL? I was expecting Huard to get knocked out of the game at any time yesterday. I think we go for Simms, he's bigger than Rattay. Rattay seems like he's about the same build as Croyle and we know how well that works.

dtrain
09-08-2008, 08:21 PM
I said it :D

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=190819

milkman
09-08-2008, 08:24 PM
How many QBs are we going to injure before the league decides we're a f-ing liability and kicks us out of the NFL? I was expecting Huard to get knocked out of the game at any time yesterday. I think we go for Simms, he's bigger than Rattay. Rattay seems like he's about the same build as Croyle and we know how well that works.

The question is, how many QBs is Herman ****ing Edwards going to get injured?

KCJohnny
09-08-2008, 08:27 PM
Huard hasn't been told he'll start Sunday
By JEFFREY FLANNAGAN
The Kansas City Star
It would seem a foregone conclusion that backup quarterback Damon Huard will start for the Chiefs on Sunday in place of injured starter Brodie Croyle.

But Huard hasn't been told anything.

"I really don't know," he said Monday. "I haven't been told. I'll prepare like I do every week as if I could be called upon."

Croyle was scheduled to have an MRI on his injured shoulder Monday, according to Chiefs officials.

Much of the talk Monday in the Chiefs' lockerroom was on the Chiefs' final sequence of plays, two of which seemed to involve pass interference or illegal contact infractions on the Patriots. No flags were thrown, however.

"You know I can't comment on officiating," Huard said, smiling. "It's always tough on the last play of the game. Officials don't want to have to determine the outcome."

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/787570.html

This team is dumber than dirt if they don't start Huard. The only thing I can figure is (a) Thigpen can avoid the rush with his legs and (b) he has more upside than 35 yr old Damon Huard. Starting Thigpen or any of these guys coming in for a tryout is basically telling opponents we're mailing in the season and playing for draft picks already.

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 07:56 AM
I thought NE would sign Simms but they will be at Arrowhead working out for the Chiefs today. Per the KC Star.

Sorry if a repost

dj56dt58
09-09-2008, 07:57 AM
I can't believe we're actually doing something about this..this is very un Chief like..of course we'll never sign either one...

Reerun_KC
09-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Croyle must be hurt pretty bad...

Either one of those is a massive upgrade over Huard... Will they Cut Thigpen to make room?

El Jefe
09-09-2008, 07:58 AM
I'll pass on Rattay, I wouldn't mind seeing what Simms has. I just want to move forward, and stop having our progression haulted. I want a QB good enough to keep Huard on the sideline, you can't hate on Huard though, he comes in and does his job. His INT he threw was just awful though.

El Jefe
09-09-2008, 07:59 AM

Either one of those is a massive upgrade over Huard... Will they Cut Thigpen to make room?

I crossed my fingers.

jspchief
09-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Why the hell isn't Simms on a roster? I realize he got de-spleened, but that's obviously not the issue if he's still trying to make an NFL career.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2008, 08:02 AM
I'll pass on Rattay, I wouldn't mind seeing what Simms has. I just want to move forward, and stop having our progression haulted. I want a QB good enough to keep Huard on the sideline, you can't hate on Huard though, he comes in and does his job. His INT he threw was just awful though.

Your right, no one can Fetal it up like ol Huard!

El Jefe
09-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Your right, no one can Fetal it up like ol Huard!

He's too old to run anymore, if he got hurt and Thigpen came in, I would not watch the rest of that game.

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 08:56 AM
you have a 36 year old QB who's one play for going out and Thigpin being your back up for 4 weeks? Huard will be okay, maybe but Thigpin he could be the worst QB ever to start a NFL game if Huard gets hurt. Won't hurt to see what Simms has left in the tank.

Reerun_KC
09-09-2008, 09:00 AM
He's too old to run anymore, if he got hurt and Thigpen came in, I would not watch the rest of that game.
I think many are about to that point with Huard...

Deberg_1990
09-09-2008, 09:07 AM
I just want to move forward, and stop having our progression haulted.

You will have to wait until next season then.

Simms, Rattay, Huard, Thigpen, Croyle..

Honestly none of them are the answer.

boogblaster
09-09-2008, 09:07 AM
We need a leader ....

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 09:08 AM
I think many are about to that point with Huard...

*raises hand*

Yep.

My Sunday's may be freed up for a while, depending on how things go against Oakland.

If I wanted to watch Huard curl up in a little ball and throw bad INT's, I'd just watch a game from last year.

Yay for the future...

Undertaker #59
09-09-2008, 09:14 AM
The Patriots visited with both yesterday.

InChiefsHeaven
09-09-2008, 09:14 AM
Bring in Simms. Cut Thigpen. Work out Simms as number 2. Season's end, draft qb, let Croyle, Simms and Draftee battle it out, cut Huard.

morphius
09-09-2008, 09:15 AM
*raises hand*

Yep.

My Sunday's may be freed up for a while, depending on how things go against Oakland.

If I wanted to watch Huard curl up in a little ball and throw bad INT's, I'd just watch a game from last year.

Yay for the future...
I think I aged an hour in the time that it took the ball to reach Webb for 5 yards short of the first down marker on 3rd down. I should have tivo'd it as a cure for insomnia.

arrowheadnation
09-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Bring in Simms. Cut Thigpen. Work out Simms as number 2. Season's end, draft qb, let Croyle, Simms and Draftee battle it out, cut Huard.

Bring in Simms. Give him the playbook. Make him study nonstop. Start him this Sunday.

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 09:17 AM
I think I aged an hour in the time that it took the ball to reach Webb for 5 yards short of the first down marker on 3rd down. I should have tivo'd it as a cure for insomnia.

ROFL

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 09:17 AM
ROFLROFLROFL

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Wasn't Simms a take care of the ball don't make mistakes in TB's system? Herm will love this guy.

Skip Towne
09-09-2008, 09:19 AM
*raises hand*

Yep.

Yay for the future...
I wish Huard had taught Croyle how to curl up in a little ball.

triple
09-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Simms is worth a shot, IMO.

StcChief
09-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Wasn't Simms a take care of the ball don't make mistakes in TB's system? Herm will love this guy.
yeah... but does he wanna play for Herm ?

Swanman
09-09-2008, 09:23 AM
The Patriots visited with both yesterday.

On Sportscenter, they said both Rattay and Simms visited, but were both told "circumstances have changed" and were sent on their way. Very weird.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Simms can do. He's fairly mobile so he may be able to make something out of plays where Huard just turns his back and tips over.

boogblaster
09-09-2008, 09:25 AM
We need a leader on the field ... Doubt if either is qualified ....

Chiefs Pantalones
09-09-2008, 09:36 AM

What if he's not hurt that bad and the Chiefs are just giving up on him? I wouldn't doubt it. Dude has had plenty of time to prove he's not a pussy.

corandval
09-09-2008, 09:39 AM
Cut Thigpen, sign Simms!

tomahawk kid
09-09-2008, 09:42 AM
Really hoping they pull the trigger on Simms.

I'm probably wrong, but I'm thinking the kid just needs a change of scenery.

Rooster
09-09-2008, 09:42 AM
What's Simms dad doing on Sunday? :D

Skyy God
09-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Simms pretty much made up for the fact that he has Kyle Shanahan's initials tatooed on his leg with the spleen incident.

RustShack
09-09-2008, 09:43 AM

I'm sure if he didn't want to he would choose not to come work out for us...

Reerun_KC
09-09-2008, 09:44 AM
What if he's not hurt that bad and the Chiefs are just giving up on him? I wouldn't doubt it. Dude has had plenty of time to prove he's not a pussy.
Fair enough...

and we ought to know pussies, I still remember Huard quiting on the team at home during the Denver game....

Reerun_KC
09-09-2008, 09:45 AM
would you?

Micjones
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Simms is a pretty average QB himself, but I wouldn't mind having him on for the time being.

I still think we need to be sending Phil Savage bottles of wine and truckloads of Gates BBQ until he's interested in hearing a real offer for Quinn.

Chiefs Pantalones
09-09-2008, 09:46 AM
Fair enough...

and we ought to know pussies, I still remember Huard quiting on the team at home during the Denver game....

Why Huard is on the team still is beyond me.

We should've went out and got someone like Simms in the offseason. Huard can't be counted on, he proved it last year.

Fish
09-09-2008, 09:56 AM
Why Huard is on the team still is beyond me.

We should've went out and got someone like Simms in the offseason. Huard can't be counted on, he proved it last year.

He knows the system. As sad and pointless as that should be this year, it obviously counts for something. That's the only explanation I can come up with...

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 09:59 AM
We need a leader on the field ... Doubt if either is qualified .... So your saying Huard and or Thigpin are leaders?

Reerun_KC
09-09-2008, 10:00 AM
So your saying Huard and or Thigpin are leaders?
Leaders dont quit....

Therefore that disqualifies both Herm and Huard from being considered leaders...

Reerun_KC
09-09-2008, 10:01 AM
He knows the system. As sad and pointless as that should be this year, it obviously counts for something. That's the only explanation I can come up with...

I guess 2 handoffs and a swing pass isnt that complicated huh?

Mr. Laz
09-09-2008, 10:06 AM
i imagine we can survive the rest of this year without John Paul Foschi.

make the cut and bring in simms

at this point carrying 4 QB's isn't a stretch

Chiefnj2
09-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Leaders dont quit....

Therefore that disqualifies both Herm and Huard from being considered leaders...

You may not think that Huard is a leader, but the offense seems to rally around him.

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 10:19 AM
You may not think that Huard is a leader, but the offense seems to rally around him.
What choice do they have? Thigpin?

triple
09-09-2008, 10:20 AM

they like it when plays are called that allow them to run past the first down marker.

Chiefnj2
09-09-2008, 10:21 AM
What choice do they have? Thigpin?

I don't know. That's what I don't get from the Huard haters. What option do they want right now?

movinbones
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM

I agree.

I can't believe that pass was not a pick 6.

Webb had time to go to the concession stand and grab a brat and a beer then come back to the field to make the play.

Micjones
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM

Don't tell the Huard haters that.

Buehler445
09-09-2008, 10:25 AM
PRINT 'EM

You bastards are slacking....

Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I don't know. That's what I don't get from the Huard haters. What option do they want right now?He hasn't dissed KC BBQ and he lives in the area in the off season. Supposely a good teammate and a family man. but thats all off the field stuff. He's a career 36 year old backup QB. Thats his NFL skill level.

I don't think it's a personal thing against Huard.

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2008, 10:26 AM
I'm honestly really excited about the prospect of Chris Simms becoming a Chief.

Before myself from 9 years ago bursts through time and throws me through a window, I must admit that it's mostly because, after years of people being unable to spell Ryan Sims' last name, I cannot wait to see people call him Chris Sims.

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2008, 10:36 AM
Bring in Simms and let him Brodie duke out next year as well. Because there isnt a franchise quarterback in 2009 Draft but 2010 there will be.

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm honestly really excited about the prospect of Chris Simms becoming a Chief.

Before myself from 9 years ago bursts through time and throws me through a window, I must admit that it's mostly because, after years of people being unable to spell Ryan Sims' last name, I cannot wait to see people call him Chris Sims.

I would be excited as well, UP, but I'm thoroughly convinced he'll never see the field unless Wobble Launcher is injured.

corandval
09-09-2008, 10:45 AM
It would confuse Herman ****ing Edwards and Dick Curl?
ROFLROFLROFL

blueballs
09-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Arrowhead stadium needs a statue of liberty out front
send us your unwanted QB trash

Frosty
09-09-2008, 10:46 AM
I would be excited as well, UP, but I'm thoroughly convinced he'll never see the field unless Wobble Launcher is injured.

That isn't out of the question with this o-line.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Simms is a pretty average QB himself, but I wouldn't mind having him on for the time being.

I still think we need to be sending Phil Savage bottles of wine and truckloads of Gates BBQ until he's interested in hearing a real offer for Quinn.

I wouldn't trade anything for Quinn.

The Chiefs are likely to have a Top 5 pick, maybe number one overall.

Quinn's not worth that, nor is he worth the top pick in the second round.

And with the right side of the Chiefs offensive line being the worst of all-time right now, it's not going to matter who's behind center until that's resolved in the 2009 off-season.

blueballs
09-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Quinn is Clevelands QBotF
Andersen is not
the dog pound would riot

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2008, 10:57 AM
How much would you poop if we traded for Derek Anderson, arc?

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't trade anything for Quinn.

The Chiefs are likely to have a Top 5 pick, maybe number one overall.

Quinn's not worth that, nor is he worth the top pick in the second round.

And with the right side of the Chiefs offensive line being the worst of all-time right now, it's not going to matter who's behind center until that's resolved in the 2009 off-season.
810 am was saying that was the plan all along. They knew Brodie wasn't the QOTF but they kept him in there while they built up the rest of the team so when they get their "real" QOTF on the team he won't get killed behind a poor OL.

sedated
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM
810 am was saying that was the plan all along. They knew Brodie wasn't the QOTF but they kept him in there while they built up the rest of the team so when they get their "real" QOTF on the team he won't get killed behind a poor OL.

that was just one guy's opinion.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 11:05 AM

Yep.

That makes total sense. After the 2009 Draft, the Chiefs will be loaded at every position save QB.

This rebuild is looking more and more like the Tampa Bay Bucs under Dungy everyday...

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Yep.

That makes total sense. After the 2009 Draft, the Chiefs will be loaded at every position save QB.

This rebuild is looking more and more like the Tampa Bay Bucs under Dungy everyday...

I think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit, Dane.

We won't have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds next year.

We still need a QB, WR, RG, RT, DEx2, MLB and OLB.

Even if we strike gold on our first 3 picks again, we're nowhere near "loaded."

Frosty
09-09-2008, 11:10 AM
How much would you poop if we traded for Derek Anderson, arc?

I like DA but he would never work for Herm. DA is always going to be a high risk/high reward type of guy.

Actually, the guy I would really like to trade for is Matt Moore in Carolina. He played well, considering the circumstances, last year and has reportedly done really well this year. Apparently, the Chiefs tried to get him on waivers last year but the Panthers claimed him first, so they are aware of him. Unfortunately, the Panthers see him as their QBOTF, so probably wouldn't part with him

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 11:11 AM
I like DA but he would never work for Herm. DA is always going to be a high risk/high reward type of guy.

Actually, the guy I would really like to trade for is Matt Moore in Carolina. He played well, considering the circumstances, last year and has reportedly done really well this year. Apparently, the Chiefs tried to get him on waivers last year but the Panthers claimed him first, so they are aware of him. Unfortunately, the Panthers see him as their QBOTF, so probably wouldn't part with him

Good post.

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 11:16 AM
that was just one guy's opinion.
Yeah the guy working the evening shift.

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Martin Hankins is still available...

CosmicPal
09-09-2008, 11:29 AM

We could do this:

Trade down a few spots in the first round, pick up a second third round pick, and draft QB Matt Stafford with the first pick.

Second round: Alex Mack, C, California

Third round (1st pick): Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

Third round (2nd pick): Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State

Fourth round: Louis Vasquez, G, Texas Tech

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
We could do this:

Trade down a few spots in the first round, pick up a second third round pick, and draft QB Matt Stafford with the first pick.

Second round: Alex Mack, C, California

Third round (1st pick): Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida

Third round (2nd pick): Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State

Fourth round: Louis Vasquez, G, Texas Tech
With next years QB class being so thin you think Stafford will last till the last first round? Where? #15?

ChiefsCountry
09-09-2008, 11:35 AM
I wouldnt even bother drafting Stafford.

Ultra Peanut
09-09-2008, 11:40 AM
We could do this:

Trade down a few spots in the first round, pick up a second third round pick, and draft QB Matt Stafford with the first pick. I'd rather have Laurinaitis or Maualuga than an extra pick.

Second round: Alex Mack, C, CaliforniaThis, I can get behind. What she lacks in size, she makes up for in the ability to zap opposing linemen.

Discuss Thrower
09-09-2008, 11:42 AM
This, I can get behind. What she lacks in size, she makes up for in the ability to zap opposing linemen.

She's quite cute, too.

PhillyChiefFan
09-09-2008, 11:50 AM
She's quite cute, too.

I smell a sitcom

Bill Lundberg
09-09-2008, 11:51 AM

Moore has a broken leg right now...

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i4Dr9wWraY81-A2hUq1TD8buQQ6gD92VHDJ04

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I think you're getting ahead of yourself a bit, Dane.

First off, you don't know what the off-season will bring. If the Chiefs are picking in the Top 5 (an almost certainty) they'll have ammo to move around and pick up additional "first day" picks.

RG, RT, MLB & OLB will most certainly be addressed through the draft. WR could easily come from free-agency and if there's not a sure-fire first round QB sitting there when the Chiefs pick, they may wait until 2010 to grab the first rounder.

I fully expect the Chiefs to make a playoff run in 2009 after a successful off-season, regardless of whether or not it's with a journeyman QB.

Also, I think our starting DE's are solid (even if not spectacular). Certainly good enough, especially with solid additions at linebacker.

CosmicPal
09-09-2008, 11:54 AM
With next years QB class being so thin you think Stafford will last till the last first round? Where? #15?

Not sure...I was only thinking of trading down a few spots, not the #15.

However, I didn't consider how thin the QB class is this year, not to mention, if Matt Ryan continues to have the success he did the first game, that would actually make Matt Stafford's value rise even greater.

Sure-Oz
09-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Any updates if they have worked out yet? btw-feely got signed by the Jets

TrickyNicky
09-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Sign Simms, he and Brodie can trade off getting hurt

kcclipse56
09-09-2008, 12:16 PM

Then we can start a pool on who gets put out for the entire season first.

xbarretx
09-09-2008, 12:17 PM
This team is dumber than dirt if they don't start Huard. The only thing I can figure is (a) Thigpen can avoid the rush with his legs and (b) he has more upside than 35 yr old Damon Huard. Starting Thigpen or any of these guys coming in for a tryout is basically telling opponents we're mailing in the season and playing for draft picks already.

id buy that over lucking into 8 - 8 and still having the QB spot being unsolved.

Sure-Oz
09-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Was Simms even injury prone before the spleen thing?

MIAdragon
09-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Was Simms even injury prone before the spleen thing?

I dont think so.

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 12:24 PM
The only thing I can figure is (a) Thigpen can avoid the rush with his legs and (b) he has more upside than 35 yr old Damon Huard.

Sounds like two fan-****ing-tastic reasons to play Thigpen to me...

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 12:30 PM
ROFL

InChiefsHeaven
09-09-2008, 12:43 PM
It fuggin sux to be talking about the 2009 draft...right after the 2008 season opener...

BigRedChief
09-09-2008, 12:52 PM

You think Thigpin has NFL starting QB talent and leadership abilities?

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 01:04 PM

I certainly don't, not at this point in time anyway.

Maybe if he spends five or six years on various NFL squads learning the game, then possibly.

But no way can a 7th round draft pick Coastal Carolina who was waived from his initial team and put on such a poor display in pre-season be ready to lead an NFL team.

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 01:08 PM

Do I think so?

No, he probably doesn't.

However, they saw something in the kid to steal him from Minnesota - and obviously Minnesota saw something in him since they were pissed about losing him.

There's one way to guarantee he'll never develop his skills, and that's to continue to play a journeyman 36 year old with no arm strength or mobility to lead Carl to those ass-saving wins he so desperately craves.

tooge
09-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Honestly....here is what you do. I know it's been already said.

Sign Simms, put Taylor at RT and move Richardson to RG. Taylor has already proven that he can hold down the LT spot. Well now he has too....on the opposite side. And then this next part is important....

OPEN UP THE GODDAMN PLAYBOOK!!!!!!!!

Better yet. Since we are moving guys from left to right and back and forth, Lets simplify this entire thing. Keep everyone where they are and make Simms right handed. No?

kcsam07
09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
anybody heard if simms and rattay worked out yet or if were gonna sign 1 of them

King_Chief_Fan
09-09-2008, 01:20 PM
Do I think so?

No, he probably doesn't.

However, they saw something in the kid to steal him from Minnesota - and obviously Minnesota saw something in him since they were pissed about losing him.

There's one way to guarantee he'll never develop his skills, and that's to continue to play a journeyman 36 year old with no arm strength or mobility to lead Carl to those ass-saving wins he so desperately craves.

to me it means that Minnesota thought Jackson had more to offer. We see how that is working. If he is less than Jackson, then he isn't the guy you develop to be your QBOTF.

Deberg_1990
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
Peter King nails it on Simms:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/09/09/mail/index.html?eref=T1

Second feeling here: Scouts and personnel people are less in love with Simms than the public is. The last time Simms played before his spleen injury, in September 2006, he was poor. Three games, 54 percent, 53 percent and 59 percent accuracy, one touchdown and seven interceptions. Jon Gruden had him in camp this year, and he deemed four quarterbacks better for his offense. Does that mean Simms shouldn't get a chance somewhere? No. But it won't be New England.

corandval
09-09-2008, 03:00 PM
Peter King nails it on Simms:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/peter_king/09/09/mail/index.html?eref=T1

Second feeling here: Scouts and personnel people are less in love with Simms than the public is. The last time Simms played before his spleen injury, in September 2006, he was poor. Three games, 54 percent, 53 percent and 59 percent accuracy, one touchdown and seven interceptions. Jon Gruden had him in camp this year, and he deemed four quarterbacks better for his offense. Does that mean Simms shouldn't get a chance somewhere? No. But it won't be New England.
Who here can actually stand Peter King?

Mr. Arrowhead
09-09-2008, 03:12 PM
i think in the right system Simms can be a really good QB

StcChief
09-09-2008, 03:14 PM
I'd like to see Thigpen get a shot but who knows. Rattay when did he play last?

Micjones
09-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Honestly... What does it matter?
Simms has a career QB Rating of 71.2.
Rattay has a career QB Rating of 81.9, but he's 31 years old.

"Hello Mr. Savage? Mr. Phil Savage? I was wondering..."

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Honestly... What does it matter?
Simms has a career QB Rating of 71.2.
Rattay has a career QB Rating of 81.9, but he's 31 years old.

"Hello Mr. Savage? Mr. Phil Savage? I was wondering..."

Or we could sign Ingle Martin.

Really.

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/243

Pablo
09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Ingle Martin...

What an awesome f*cking name. I hope he does awesome.