PDA

View Full Version : What Did You Do To Get A Chiefsplanet Infraction???

CoMoChief
09-09-2008, 04:44 PM
This probably has been done before but I could really give a shit because I'm bored at work and sounds like a good idea to bring up old times.

Simply list what you did or get the link to what post/pic/thread you have gotten an "Infraction" for, and how long did it last?

Mine was for when I started a thread titled fake news that "Carl Peterson stepped down as GM etc."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4607641#post4607641

Then in the first post I put "j/k Happy Leap Year Everyone" and seemed to get everyone's panties in a bind. I don't think my infraction was for a predetermined amount of days though.

DaFace
09-09-2008, 05:05 PM
We don't use the function much, actually. I doubt there are more than 10 users that have received them since February.

Mr. Laz
09-09-2008, 05:08 PM
don't even know what the hell you're talking about

my signature was like 10 pixels too high so i lost my sig ability a year ago ... but i think that was more about some people not liking the girlie aspect of my sigs than anything. :shrug:

QuikSsurfer
09-09-2008, 05:26 PM
I did get banned for 5 days once...circumventing the word filter - Thanks 4th-n-long -- ****ing asshole.
Dude sent me a PM telling me that he would do everything in his power to get me banned.

MTG#10
09-09-2008, 05:34 PM

my signature was like 10 pixels too high so i lost my sig ability a year ago ... but i think that was more about some people not liking the girlie aspect of my sigs than anything. :shrug:

Apparently I lost my sig privilege too. I dont know why, Ive never even had one but no matter what I try to upload it fails every time. And no they're not too big.

Hammock Parties
09-09-2008, 05:36 PM
boobs and a "tony released" bullshit thread

Mecca
09-09-2008, 05:39 PM
I did get banned for 5 days once...circumventing the word filter - Thanks 4th-n-long -- ****ing asshole.
Dude sent me a PM telling me that he would do everything in his power to get me banned.

He must have really liked you.

JBucc
09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
What the hell is an infraction. I did get banned once because I'm a racist.

CoMoChief
09-09-2008, 05:44 PM
boobs and a "tony released" bullshit thread

I remember the Tony released thread ROFL

I think threads like that are funny. People need to grow a ****ing sack once in a while.

MTG#10
09-09-2008, 05:45 PM
What the hell is an infraction. I did get banned once because I'm a racist.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg181/kwpres_photos/ObamaRacist.jpg

Saulbadguy
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Surprisingly, I don't think i've gotten one.

kcvet
09-09-2008, 05:47 PM
infraction???? hell im still in jail....................

Bowser
09-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Surprisingly, I don't think i've gotten one.

Obviously, you're not trying hard enough.

09-09-2008, 05:54 PM
My account is still pristine, thank you.

Dave Lane
09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
I feel left out :)

Dave

09-09-2008, 05:57 PM

It gives you a flashing red light for being naughty in your profile that only you and a mod or admin can see. I had one guy tell me that he wanted it removed, and wanted it removed right now! so we bombarded him with more infractions. they can be reversed if you're a good boy.

I like the user notes in the profile that only mods and admins can see better, it keeps everybody on the same page and the whining to a minimum.

DaFace
09-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Apparently I lost my sig privilege too. I dont know why, Ive never even had one but no matter what I try to upload it fails every time. And no they're not too big.

Na, you've got full sig privs. You might try uploading your sig pic to imageshack and then pasting it in with an img tag. I don't know what the deal is with that upload feature.

Oh, and sigs in general suck.

MTG#10
09-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Na, you've got full sig privs. You might try uploading your sig pic to imageshack and then pasting it in with an img tag. I don't know what the deal is with that upload feature.

Oh, and sigs in general suck.

I havent tried imageshack, I tried photobucket though and it didnt work.

Skip Towne
09-09-2008, 06:43 PM
How do you know if you get an infracton? Does a boxing glove come out of the screen and punch you?

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
We don't use the function much, actually. I doubt there are more than 10 users that have received them since February.

I received one for the first time this past May for bypassing the language filter. I used * in the middle of F-word instead of typing it out.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 06:53 PM
How do you know if you get an infracton? Does a boxing glove come out of the screen and punch you?

Cock punch

sedated
09-09-2008, 06:58 PM
I received one for the first time this past May for bypassing the language filter. I used * in the middle of F-word instead of typing it out.

i do that constantly.

i'd guess 1/3 of my posts have a "f*ck" or two somewhere

Jewish Rabbi
09-09-2008, 07:05 PM
I posted a Rick Roll that said Al Davis died... then easyb81 decided it was worth 5 negative reps...That should be an infraction too, IMO.

keg in kc
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
i do that constantly.

i'd guess 1/3 of my posts have a "f*ck" or two somewhereMe too.

And I agree that sigs suck. I think I've had sigs disabled for as long as that feature has existed.

Dartgod
09-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Apparently you have to be a real douchebag to get one of these. ROFL

Jewish Rabbi
09-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Apparently you have to be a real douchebag to get one of these. ROFL

So you have several?

sedated
09-09-2008, 07:08 PM

did you spell it "f*ck" or "fu*k"?

Jewish Rabbi
09-09-2008, 07:09 PM

I think he means he put fu then the asterisk then ck ...That's how I understood it anyway :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 07:27 PM

The first way you have it

I think he means he put fu then the asterisk then ck ...That's how I understood it anyway :shrug:

I knew I wasn't being exactly specific when I wrote that but I figured it gave the general idea.

Now I don't even bother. I just type the whole word so it looks like ****.

If those are the rules, I'll follow them.

DaFace
09-09-2008, 07:33 PM
The first way you have it

I knew I wasn't being exactly specific when I wrote that but I figured it gave the general idea.

Now I don't even bother. I just type the whole word so it looks like ****.

If those are the rules, I'll follow them.

That's actually preferred. I don't particularly care personally, but we do get reports here and there from people who don't like the "f*ck" type of thing. Technically, that's against the rules in the FAQ. I keep hoping I'll find a good add-on that will make censorship optional, but I haven't found one that I like yet.

DaneMcCloud
09-09-2008, 08:18 PM
That's actually preferred. I don't particularly care personally, but we do get reports here and there from people who don't like the "f*ck" type of thing. Technically, that's against the rules in the FAQ. I keep hoping I'll find a good add-on that will make censorship optional, but I haven't found one that I like yet.

Yeah, that's cool. I prefer the f* thing as opposed to four **** (because I think it gets the point across a little more strongly) but I'm good with whatever you guys set as rules.

Will the infraction ever disappear from my User CP or will it be there forever? How many infractions before something serious happens?

smittysbar
09-09-2008, 08:27 PM
I have to serve 4 days for my last infraction............

Mecca
09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Is there a reason that we have the filter?

I mean really with all the shit that gets said here I can't imagine anyone being offended by the word ****.

Jewish Rabbi
09-09-2008, 08:31 PM

I mean really with all the shit that gets said here I can't imagine anyone being offended by the word ****.

He has a point...Bert eating babies and skanks wearing USC garb is much more offensive.

Mecca
09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Bert will eat whatever he damn well pleases.

smittysbar
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
you guys got ****ed

Yeah your right, not the same

Jewish Rabbi
09-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Bert will eat whatever he damn well pleases.

You should ask him to eat Herm or Carl...

luv
09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
Never had one.

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 08:36 PM

Right.

Here's a neg rep I got a while back. I'll keep the name of the poster to myself, though I'd bet you could guess who it is...

Calm down. And stop with the profanity. i can't ev post with my wife and kids in the room. This isn;t your private ghetto, OK? Please try to be considerate of othr Planet members who have families.

Questions:

a.) First, are your wife and kids sitting on your lap reading with you? I mean, I have a 24 inch monitor, and my wife could be in the room with me and not be able to read a post.

b.) Since that has been ruled out, are you reading the posts to them?

c.) The filter is there for a reason. If your kid can make out the word **** out of **** then you've got bigger fish to fry than chastising me for allowing the filter to do its job.

****ing ****stick.

Jewish Rabbi
09-09-2008, 08:39 PM
Right.

Here's a neg rep I got a while back. I'll keep the name of the poster to myself, though I'd bet you could guess who it is...

Questions:

a.) First, are your wife and kids sitting on your lap reading with you? I mean, I have a 24 inch monitor, and my wife could be in the room with me and not be able to read a post.

c.) The filter is there for a reason. If your kid can make out the word **** out of **** then you've got bigger fish to fry than chastising me for allowing the filter to do its job.

****ing ****stick.
That filter does work!! I can figure out the last word is fishstick, but I'm not sure what the first one is...

triple
09-09-2008, 08:41 PM
i dont understand why everyone needs some girly butt avatar or sig.

they don't offend me or anything i just think it's lame. oh my, never seen a girl's *ss, well here's three of them! hey... it's that one poster... and it's that girl's ass for an avatar that you've seen 10,000 times already.

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 08:42 PM
That filter does work!! I can figure out the last word is fishstick, but I'm not sure what the first one is...

ROFL

Mecca
Right.

Questions:

****ing ****stick.

Oh jesus christ.....most of the women I know have more foul mouths than I do.

And personally I like making the board my private ghetto, it's fun.

Iowanian
I've never been dumbass enough to deserve a CP slap on the wrist.

luv
09-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Oh jesus christ.....most of the women I know have more foul mouths than I do.

You got a ****ing problem with that?

Mecca
09-09-2008, 08:44 PM

they don't offend me or anything i just think it's lame. oh my, never seen a girl's *ss, well here's three of them! hey... it's that one poster... and it's that girl's ass for an avatar that you've seen 10,000 times already.

I'm going to make mine into Bert eating a girls butt.

OnTheWarpath15
09-09-2008, 08:44 PM

ROFL

Mecca
09-09-2008, 08:45 PM

Nah chicks with foul mouths are fun, I was more laughing that he was acting in his rep like his wife couldn't hear or read foul language.

luv
09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
Nah chicks with foul mouths are fun, I was more laughing that he was acting in his rep like his wife couldn't hear or read foul language.

I knew what you meant. I was giving you shit. You know, a chick using foul language? :p

triple
09-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm going to make mine into Bert eating a girls butt.

at least that would be new, and not taking up 298271 inches of screen real estate in a sig

DaFace
09-09-2008, 09:03 PM
Yeah, that's cool. I prefer the f* thing as opposed to four **** (because I think it gets the point across a little more strongly) but I'm good with whatever you guys set as rules.

Will the infraction ever disappear from my User CP or will it be there forever? How many infractions before something serious happens?

I think it's recorded forever, but nothing happens unless you get a bunch in a short period of time.

DaFace
09-09-2008, 09:06 PM

I'd imagine that most people that actually post here don't have an issue with the language. But it's the family members lurking in the background that causes some concern.

Like I said, I'm hoping to find a way to let people set their own filter lists at some point, but until then they're here here to stay.

Jewish Rabbi
09-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Why is cunnt on the swear filter?

Jewish Rabbi
09-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Minus the second n... ****.

crazycoffey
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
I think I am going to give everyone on this thread an infraction....
just because.

Iowanian
09-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I haven't been in trouble or had any trouble due to language.

Some of the Sigs and avatars HAVE cause issues before.

I wasn't logged in while reading here once, and my 2 year old came up and started talking about the lady getting her bottom spanked. The wife wanted to know what the hell I was looking at....and it was CP.

I'd rather have that filtered than language you have to be old enough to read.

Gonzo
09-10-2008, 01:16 PM
I think I am going to give everyone on this thread an infraction....
just because.

FU*K
*UCK
F*CK
FUC*

(Which is acceptable?)

crazycoffey
09-10-2008, 01:18 PM
FU*K
*UCK
F*CK
FUC*

(Which is acceptable?)

that might be worth four....

Donger
09-10-2008, 01:26 PM
A mod warned me once about scuffling with chiefs4me. That's it.

dtebbe
09-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I was banned for posting this in my sig:
http://home.earthlink.net/~dtebbe/pix/bobdole.jpg

Some people can dish....

DT

Bowser
09-10-2008, 02:51 PM
A mod warned me once about scuffling with chiefs4me. That's it.

LMAO

vailpass
09-10-2008, 02:57 PM
I called Taco a stupid mexican, got an infraction. Not sure why, if I had called him a stupid american or stupid german would I have still got my wrist slapped?

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-10-2008, 03:01 PM

You'd probably have a hard time finding a five post stretch where I didn't type f* ck.

Donger
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
LMAO

Perhaps my memory is faulty, but I can't remember any other rebuke.

Redrum_69
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
One word:

Ghostof

DaneMcCloud
09-10-2008, 06:39 PM
You'd probably have a hard time finding a five post stretch where I didn't type f* ck.

Yeah, I'd done it for 8 years until I received that from Morphius.

Like I said earlier, no biggie.

KurtCobain
09-10-2008, 06:41 PM
I posted a pic of a womens ass with a baseball in it and a photoshopped pic of a hung saddam.

sedated
09-19-2008, 09:24 PM
hey, I just got one.

set low enough goals and you'll rarely be disappointed.

Thig Lyfe
09-19-2008, 09:37 PM
Word filters are for sissy babies.

Mr. Flopnuts
09-19-2008, 09:59 PM
The Penis Mightier for $1000 Alex.

Buck
01-12-2009, 03:46 PM
LOL WUT

Frankie
01-12-2009, 03:49 PM

9+1

Jilly
01-12-2009, 04:09 PM
at first I read that as infection

Donger
01-12-2009, 04:11 PM
at first I read that as infection

That's odd. I read it as infarction.

seclark
01-12-2009, 04:16 PM
infestation here.
(scratch)
sec

Simply Red
01-12-2009, 04:19 PM

you just settle down there lil' buddy, triple, you're a violator too. Bugeater and I have you pinned.

Bugeater
01-12-2009, 07:00 PM
you just settle down there lil' buddy, triple, you're a violator too. Bugeater and I have you pinned.

Eh, he admitted that he was also little jacob, he said he just wanted a new name, so whatever, it's not like he's posting with both names. I agree with what he said in that post anyway, I adblock all the titties and asses. It's juvenile IMO.

Over-Head
01-12-2009, 07:05 PM
This probably has been done before but I could really give a shit because I'm bored at work and sounds like a good idea to bring up old times.

Simply list what you did or get the link to what post/pic/thread you have gotten an "Infraction" for, and how long did it last?

Mine was for when I started a thread titled fake news that "Carl Peterson stepped down as GM etc."

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=4607641#post4607641

Then in the first post I put "j/k Happy Leap Year Everyone" and seemed to get everyone's panties in a bind. I don't think my infraction was for a predetermined amount of days though.

Worst I ever got was Phobia telling me his "tollerance for me was thinning" or some such shit over a crack I made in a post I forgot already :rolleyes:
Kinda sad when you think about it. Me being a Raiders fan and all.

teedubya
01-12-2009, 07:10 PM
I didnt get an infraction, but I did get banned for 3 days once for abusing the phuck philter by Phil.

I spelled correctly and make the U another font, and it didnt get picked up by the filter, but did by the PHILTER

Johnny Vegas
01-12-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm a good motherfucker! I've never been to the principles office. Cause I never got caught!

Time's Yours
01-12-2009, 10:18 PM
I adblock all the titties and asses. It's juvenile IMO.

I normally wouldn't care. But sometimes I'll browse the planet in the few minutes prior to class starting. Even though the images are not NWS, its still embarrasing if they show up because I'm not logged in and the students behind me have to be wondering what the fuck I'm looking at. I know its probably offensive to some of the conservative girls in class.

Redrum_69
01-13-2009, 09:31 AM