PDA

View Full Version : Poop Tennessee Titans Sign QB Chris Simms

the Talking Can
09-10-2008, 05:55 AM
Tennessee Titans Sign QB Chris Simms (http://www.musiccitymiracles.com/2008/9/9/611121/tennessee-titans-sign-qb-c)

Mcnair_tiny by Jimmy on Sep 9, 2008 9:11 PM CDT in News

Simms_medium
As has been mentioned by numerous people in numerous spots on this blog, the Titans have officially agreed to terms with former Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Chris Simms. His career numbers:

G Rating Comp Att Pct Yards TD INT
19 71.2 291 492 59.2 3087 12 17

I am not real sure that Simms is a better option than Ingle Martin, especially when you consider that Martin knows the playbook, but this is the direction the Titans have decided to go. I am glad to see Simms over Joey Harrington and Quinn Gray.

Now we know what they have. Tonight and tomorrow we will wrap-up the Jags coverage and start to look towards the Bengals.

InChiefsHeaven
09-10-2008, 06:08 AM
I think it's weird that the Titans let a guy go who they know, and pick up a dude who hasn't played in 2 seasons...and we passed on that guy.

I wonder which staff knows something that the other doesn't??

the Talking Can
09-10-2008, 06:11 AM
[QUOTE=InChiefsHell;5001419]

I wonder which staff knows something that the other doesn't??[/QUOTE

you tee-d that one up..

triple
09-10-2008, 07:24 AM
I think it's weird that the Titans let a guy go who they know, and pick up a dude who hasn't played in 2 seasons...and we passed on that guy.

I wonder which staff knows something that the other doesn't??

Seeing as how they were happy paying Vince Young a lot of money to play QB, and happy to go into the season with only Young and Collins on the roster, I'd say they know very little about quarterbacks.

milkman
09-10-2008, 07:38 AM
I'll say this.

Jeff Fisher and his staff developed Steve McNair.

Herman ****ing Edwards and his staff developed Chad Pennington.

Who do you think did the better job, and by extention, knows more?

vailpass
09-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I'll say this.

I'll take Jeff Fisher for $1000 Alex.

Chiefnj2
09-10-2008, 09:57 AM
I'll say this.

Edwards did a better job developing Pennington as a QB. Edwards couldn't keep him helathy though.

blueballs
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
When the **** does Jeff Fisher lose his job
Pacman #6 over all -bust
Vince Young #3 over all

FringeNC
09-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Edwards did a better job developing Pennington as a QB. Edwards couldn't keep him helathy though.

Actually, Paul Hackett has a pretty good reputation as a quarterback coach.

Unfortunately, Herm seems to delegate a lot less to his OCs here than he did in NY. We saw virtually the same offense last week as we did last year, and that offense is not the Vermeil/Saunders/Solari offense or the Gailey offense, it is the Herm Edwards offense, and it sucks.

ChiefsCountry
09-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Pacman #6 over all -bust
Vince Young #3 over all

Titans keep winning each year.

The Franchise
09-10-2008, 10:12 AM
Pacman #6 over all -bust
Vince Young #3 over all

Wasn't it the owner that wanted Vince Young over Matt Leinart?

blueballs
09-10-2008, 10:13 AM
105-93
woohoo

triple
09-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Titans keep winning each year.

It's funny you say that, because he's barely over .500 as a coach.

And he has 5 winning seasons out of 14.

But he's great if you like 8-8.

blueballs
10-04-2008, 10:51 PM
The Titans released back-up quarterback Chris Simms on Saturday to make room for punter Josh Miller.

Simms, signed by the Titans on Sept. 10, is expected to be re-signed early next week. The Titans signed Miller for Sunday’s game at Baltimore in case Craig Hentrich, who was troubled by back spasms this week, is unable to play.

The move paves the way for Vince Young to be the No.2 quarterback against the Ravens, behind starter Kerry Collins.

Simms served as Collins’ back-up for three games while Young recovered from the knee injury he suffered in the season opener. Young returned to practice this week and looked good enough to convince coaches he could be available in a back-up role.

As for Hentrich, he did not participate in Friday's practice, but punted before practice and said his back spasms were “totally gone.” But the team has some concerns because he was so uncomfortable all week.

Miller spent time with the Titans last season and was in training camp with them this year. He spent eight seasons with the Steelers and three with the Patriots before his brief stint with the Titans last season.

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/.../81004015/1027

keg in kc
10-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Released to make room for a punter.

Ouch.

DaneMcCloud
10-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Released to make room for a punter.

Ouch.

Clearly, the guy is not right.