PDA

View Full Version : Football Sapp on the Raiders: “They’re going to suck”

Stewie
09-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Warren Sapp, who finished his NFL career with four miserable seasons with the Oakland Raiders, doesn’t see much hope for the Chiefs’ home-opening opponent.

“As far as where the Raiders are going, they have unrealistic ideas about what their people can do,” Sapp said on a conference call to promote the reincarnation of “Inside the NFL” that premieres tonight on Showtime.

“That was the experience I had in the four years I was there. They asked people to do stuff they were physically impossible of doing. “They asked a guy who hadn’t coached for 12 years to coach,” he said of former offensive coordinator Tom Walsh.

“They’re going to suck.”

Sapp saved his harshest criticisms for former teammate and defensive tackle Tommy Kelly, who signed a new contract during the off-season with $18 million in guarantees, even though he missed the final nine games because of a knee injury; and for cornerback DeAngelo Hall, who signed for $24.5 million in guaranteed money after he was acquired from Atlanta.

“DeAngelo Hall has been getting burnt since he was in Atlanta,” Sapp said. “This is nothing new. DeAngelo Hall is the flashiest, burnt-up corner in the history of the game. He gets burnt more than anyone else, and he all of a sudden is this great Pro Bowl cover corner. I never saw that in DeAngelo Hall. He would gamble and do everything unsound on the corner.

“As for Tommy Kelly, he never played (tackle), he was at end. Then he had a knee injury, and I never had the chance to teach him the intricate parts of the three-technique. (He is) a 6-6, 330-pound country kid from Mississippi who is strong as all outdoors. Can he play the position? Yes. But there are certain things about (defensive tackle) … “If you (stand) too high, he’s going to get knocked around, and at 6-6, low man wins in the trenches, and once you get knocked around, you get a little apprehensive.”

teedubya
09-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Water is wet!!!11

Chief Chief
09-10-2008, 08:06 AM
“They’re going to suck.”

"..going to.." ???

I thought they already were in continuous sucking mode.

PhillyChiefFan
09-10-2008, 08:18 AM
I would LOVE to see Bowe torch Hall

Mile High Mania
09-10-2008, 09:34 AM
The KC defense just needs to frustrate Jamarcus very early and very often... confuse him and with the KC crowd being loud, that shouldn't be a hard thing to accomplish.

Denver was all over him early at their house and you saw how he played... they let up a bit in the 2nd half and he settled down. If the KC defense can rattle him early... the offense may only need 10 points for the win.

CoMoChief
09-10-2008, 09:41 AM
I would LOVE to see Bowe torch Hall

Yes, but Bowe also needs to catch the ****ing ball

CoMoChief
09-10-2008, 09:42 AM
the offense may only need 10 points for the win.

Uhhhhhh yeaaaaaah..........not too sure if we are capable of doing that. :(

Dartgod
09-10-2008, 09:48 AM
If the KC defense can rattle him early... the offense may only need 10 points for the win.
So you're saying we need to bring our "A" game on offense?