PDA

View Full Version : Poop ESPN/Sportscenter. Getting worse all the time.

BigVE
09-11-2008, 07:32 PM
Was home sick from work so this was the first time in a while I watched ESPN extensively in a while. NFL is in full swing and there are tons of stories all over the country that could be covered. Baseball is winding down the regular season and getting ready for the playoffs and what do they spend time on???? Will Jessica Simpson's comments about Philly affect the outcome of the game between Dallas and Philly this weekend???? (this was yesterday by the way) Here is how bad it was: it was talked about on around the horn, it was talked about on PTI and then it was again talked about on sportscenter. Today each show talked extensively about T.O.'s new comments about D. McNabb...they were petty and meaningless and taken completely out of context but they are trying to make "news" out of nothing as usual. Horrible, ignorant nonsense and a total waste of time. Today there was officially a Jeff George reference and guess where it originated??? Whitlock. Yep, we knew it was coming. Whilbohn said the "his boy" Whitlock told him that New England should call up Jeff George...neither Whilbohn or Kornheiser gave it much thought but again, a total waste of airtime. These are just a couple of examples but ALL of the ESPN programming has really gone down hill and is barely tolerable anymore IMO.

SPchief
09-11-2008, 07:43 PM
Welcome to 5 years ago

theultimatekcchiefsfan
09-11-2008, 08:22 PM
I used to love watching NFL countdown before the games. Now that show is so old and tired I cant even take a few minutes of it. Len Berman used to be interesting, now he is just irritating.

triple
09-11-2008, 10:06 PM
ESPN is now TMZ, but with athletes

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I haven't watched Sportscenter in a year. I don't miss it at all.

KCwolf
09-11-2008, 10:10 PM
I haven't watched Sportscenter in a year. I don't miss it at all.

Unless U live on the East Coast....U R missing very little.

Tribal Warfare
09-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome to 5 years ago

more like 10 years was the beginning of the end

FAX
09-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I remember when you had to walk through the snow for three miles uphill just to be able to watch ESPN.

FAX

Basileus777
09-11-2008, 10:29 PM
Unless U live on the East Coast....U R missing very little.

Living on the east coast doesn't make it any better.

kcxiv
09-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I rarely watch sportscenter these days. If i watch it its because Manny hit 2 home runs or something and hey i like to see my team kicking ass. lol

Bugeater
09-11-2008, 10:36 PM
The only time I tune in to ESPN is when they are actually televising a sporting event, everything else on that channel is garbage.

Frazod
09-11-2008, 10:37 PM
It's been pretty much unwatchable for a long time - basically aimed at an urban punk audience who like their pet east coast teams. For the most part, no one else counts.

Favre-SLURP-SLURP-Brady-SLURP-SLURP-Red Sox-SLURP-SLURP, plus commercials for shitty beer.

No thanks.

kcxiv
09-11-2008, 11:02 PM
It's been pretty much unwatchable for a long time - basically aimed at an urban punk audience who like their pet east coast teams. For the most part, no one else counts.

Favre-SLURP-SLURP-Brady-SLURP-SLURP-Red Sox-SLURP-SLURP, plus commercials for shitty beer.

No thanks.

I bet its ****ing killing them that the Yankee's are not going to make the play offs this year. I dont know what the **** that channel would do if Boston and NY didnt make it in. lol