PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs QB by Committee?

KCJohnny
09-12-2008, 06:49 AM
Two QBs will see action (http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/preview?game_id=29548&displayPage=tab_preview&season=2008&week=REG2)against Oakland?

Veteran Damon Huard (http://www.nfl.com/players/damonhuard/profile?id=HUA264861) gets the nod against the Raiders, but 24-year-old Tyler Thigpen (http://www.nfl.com/players/tylerthigpen/profile?id=THI677677) should see plenty of action as well.
"He'll get to play. Whether he starts, we'll determine that," Chiefs coach Herman Edwards said of Thigpen. "But he is going to play. You don't have to worry about that."
Huard has stepped in before and had some success. He went 5-3 as a starter in 2006, throwing 11 touchdowns and one interception in relief of Trent Green (http://www.nfl.com/players/trentgreen/profile?id=GRE367521). Last season, he started 10 games as Croyle battled injuries.
"There are some things we do offensively that Tyler and Brodie do very well," Edwards said. "There are some things Damon can do that offsets what they do. When Tyler plays, it's a little bit different than when Damon plays."

Maybe this is how we keep the bootlegs and sprint outs in the game plan?

PhillyChiefFan
09-12-2008, 07:05 AM
What about Martin? I don't know much about him, decent??

King_Chief_Fan
09-12-2008, 07:06 AM
the stupidification of the Chiefs continue

Mr. Arrowhead
09-12-2008, 07:14 AM
i really dont understand why people are so upset about this. you might as well see what we have with Thigpen, who knows maybe we will see a different QB since he would be playing with the first string

triple
09-12-2008, 07:37 AM
we all were thinking that 2008 was a 20 game preseason, looks like the Chiefs are thinking that too.

HypnotizedMonkey
09-12-2008, 07:44 AM
They should re-invent the Option around Thigpen.

dj56dt58
09-12-2008, 07:49 AM
I like it..Croyle isn't gonna cut it, too injury prone..Im guessing Damon isn't the qb of the future...might as well see what Thigpen has

KCJohnny
09-12-2008, 08:02 AM
Thigpen will be in there to war-game Brodie's plays. Huard will be in there to actually score TDs.

Cosmos
09-12-2008, 08:11 AM
This is Herm, telling all the fans to expect Huard to get injured.

Thigpen has been a disaster in the preseason.

Makes no sense if the plan is to "win the game".

xbarretx
09-12-2008, 08:56 AM
i really dont understand why people are so upset about this. you might as well see what we have with Thigpen, who knows maybe we will see a different QB since he would be playing with the first string

thigpen YES , Huard NO

KCJohnny
09-12-2008, 10:28 AM
I cannot recall this strategy working anywhere at any time except against weak teams in the regular season.

ChiefsCountry
09-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I cannot recall this strategy working anywhere at any time except against weak teams in the regular season.

Its bc it never has anywhere.

RustShack
09-12-2008, 10:39 AM
I hope Huard gets hurt.. not seriously, but enough to come off the field so Thigpen or Martin can emerge.

Red Brooklyn
09-12-2008, 10:57 AM
I hope Huard gets hurt.. not seriously, but enough to come off the field so Thigpen or Martin can emerge.

If Herm's promising that Thigpen "will play." Then we don't need Huard hurt. Thigpen will still get the opportunity to step up. And more power to him! But I'm not feeling good about this...

KCJohnny
09-12-2008, 09:28 PM
If Herm's promising that Thigpen "will play." Then we don't need Huard hurt. Thigpen will still get the opportunity to step up. And more power to him! But I'm not feeling good about this...

Platooning QBs has been tried in the NFL, but I can't recall any recent experiments. Old timers like me may remember the Lynn Dickey/Dan Pastorini QBbC on the old Houston Oilers.

Reerun_KC
09-12-2008, 09:49 PM
I like it..Croyle isn't gonna cut it,(Yes this is true) too injury prone..Im guessing Damon isn't the qb of the future...might as well see what Thigpen has
Huard isnt the past, present or future at QB for the Chiefs...

Any snaps he take is just another wasted play for the franchise... :shake:

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Does it really matter which QB throws the 3 yard pass? (Post intended for Herm and Gailey to read) ...

Reerun_KC
09-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Does it really matter which QB throws the 3 yard pass? (Post intended for Herm and Gailey to read) ...
Herm doesnt have the internet.....

KCJohnny
09-12-2008, 10:00 PM
Gailey will have this O getting 320+ YPG/20+ PPG by December. You watch.

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2008, 10:05 PM

I actually believed that in preseason. Not so much now that games "count."

KCJohnny
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I actually believed that in preseason. Not so much now that games "count."

We gained 284 and should have scored 17 on the road against the best team in the NFL over the past 7 years. That was with 6 rookies in the lineup. Its only going to improve, guys. We will get a big lift this week as we beat Oaktown at Arrowhead.

My prediction is that someone unexpected is going to step up and make a big contribution this year. Cottam? Charles? Franklin? Darling? Savage? Flowers?

Maybe someone even further down on the depth chart than that.

Thigpen?

:shrug:

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I'm hoping the "game plan" against N.E. was specified. I have read that Chan likes to take what is given, so to speak, no "set" plans ... If I see the same boring plays this sunday against the Black Souls I will be asking for the KC Wolf to be OC .. surely he can come up with something creative?

KCJohnny
09-12-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm hoping the "game plan" against N.E. was specified. I have read that Chan likes to take what is given, so to speak, no "set" plans ... If I see the same boring plays this sunday against the Black Souls I will be asking for the KC Wolf to be OC .. surely he can come up with something creative?

We will run for 175 yds against Oakland and probably get 2-3 takeaways. After getting trounced by the donx last week, the idea of going into Arrowhead is probably not very appealing right now. Gailey > Solari, so I think we win this one handily. As you mentioned about Gailey's flexibility, I would look for Huard's audibles to play a key role as well.

Red Brooklyn
09-13-2008, 10:00 AM

Or since they like doing everything by committee, maybe they'll try coaching by committee! Rotate 'em around. Mix it up.

OR! To attract bigger houses for home games, maybe we do coaching by lottery.

"Would the lucky fan seating in Section 239, Row 1, Seat 7 please report to the coach's both... you get to be OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR OF THE GAME!!"

ChiefaRoo
09-13-2008, 10:27 AM
KC has no QB when Croyle and his vag. are broken so it's a moot point.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 10:39 AM
:rolleyes::spock:Huard will be in there to actually score TDs.ROFL

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 10:40 AM
I hope Huard gets hurt.. not seriously, but enough to come off the field so Thigpen or Martin can emerge.I'm in favor of this.

KCJohnny
09-13-2008, 10:47 AM
:rolleyes::spock:ROFL

You have nothing to back your opinion up with other than Smilies.

That's deep.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2008, 10:51 AM
I would look for Huard's audibles to play a key role as well.

What the hell is he going to audible to? More check downs... He didnt earn that name with out a reason!

ROFL My guess is something that displays the wobble launcher 2.0 for DownField BigQuitter...

KCJohnny
09-13-2008, 10:56 AM
What the hell is he going to audible to? More check downs... He didnt earn that name with out a reason!

ROFL My guess is something that displays the wobble launcher 2.0 for DownField BigQuitter...

I feel so sorry for conformists regurgitating the Planet Party Line. Huard's % of passes of 20+ yards are among the NFL's best. But please, by all means, play to the majority of Chiefs Planet posters who glibly fall in line with like assertions and remain divorced from the actual facts. Whatever the Chiefs problems may be, they cannot be attributed to the play of Damon Huard.

Fairplay
09-13-2008, 11:00 AM
......................<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qDau5YEQo-k&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qDau5YEQo-k&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

FringeNC
09-13-2008, 11:08 AM
Why in the hell would HUARD see ANY playing time? Croyle appears to be too brittle to play in the NFL. Why not see what Thigpen has? Playing Huard makes a mockery of the supposed rebuilding.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2008, 11:10 AM
I feel so sorry for conformists regurgitating the Planet Party Line. Huard's % of passes of 20+ yards are among the NFL's best. But please, by all means, play to the majority of Chiefs Planet posters who glibly fall in line with like assertions and remain divorced from the actual facts. Whatever the Chiefs problems may be, they cannot be attributed to the play of Damon Huard.
Because there isnt enough play from Huard to be contributing to anything...

Present all the stats you want, Huard will never lead this team to the playoffs or superbowl. He proved that last year when he QUIT on the team in the Denver game... He doesnt have it, never had it, nor will he ever find it...

We are spinning our wheels, keeping true fans like you happy with a washedout never was at QB... Your quest for 9-7 is very admirable to say the least...

Reerun_KC
09-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Why in the hell would HUARD see ANY playing time? Croyle appears to be too brittle to play in the NFL. Why not see what Thigpen has? Playing Huard makes a mockery of the supposed rebuilding.
And a mockery of the fan base that supports this team....

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 11:19 AM
You have nothing to back your opinion up with other than Smilies.

That's deep.Its the only way I can respond to your Huard dumbassery...

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 11:21 AM
I feel so sorry for conformists regurgitating the Planet Party Line. Huard's % of passes of 20+ yards are among the NFL's best. But please, by all means, play to the majority of Chiefs Planet posters who glibly fall in line with like assertions and remain divorced from the actual facts. Whatever the Chiefs problems may be, they cannot be attributed to the play of Damon Huard.Wtf? Are you really this stupid? With all the youth on this team, do you really want a 36 year old to get all the snaps? Dumbass...

Reerun_KC
Its the only way I can respond to your Huard dumbassery...
Which is quickly surpassing Hootie type levels in this!

OnTheWarpath15

Way to cherry pick a stat there, John.

What are his 2007 sack numbers? (36) Average yards lost per sack? (6.5)

TD to INT ratio in 2007? (11/13)

QB rating inside the division? (56.7)

Rank in average per attempt? (19th, 6.5 YPA)

Completion percentage rank? (18th, 62%)

Overall QB rating? (76.8, rank: 22nd)

Completions over 40 yards? (2, rank: 28th, thank you Dwayne Bowe)

For every stat you can pull out of your ass to make him look good, I can pull 5X that amount that make him look like the career backup he is.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Wtf? Are you really this stupid? With all the youth on this team, do you really want a 36 year old to get all the snaps? Dumbass...
Of course he does, Huard can show these young players how to win with his grizzley like veteran attributes. LMAO

58-4ever
09-13-2008, 11:25 AM
Its bc it never has anywhere.

In the NFL.

FAX
09-13-2008, 11:37 AM
You go, Herm. What a strategy. The Raiders don't have a chance in hell. There will be roll outs, roll aways, roll ups, boot movers, boot foolers, quarterback run action, and wobblers coming from all directions.

I foresee gobs and gobs of totally confounded Raiders in this one.

FAX

OnTheWarpath15
09-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Oh, and John?

Could we see some documentation on this 20+ yard completion stat you speak of?

Seems that nfl.com doesn't rank players by percentage of 20+ yard passes - only totals.

(in which Huard is 17th.)

'Hamas' Jenkins
09-13-2008, 11:43 AM

That is retarded. You are retarded.

Coach
09-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Personally, I just don't see any reason why Huard should be starting. Everybody accepted the fact that we are rebuilding, why rebuild with a suck-ass 34 year old QB who has no plans into the future, where it's a wiser choice to suck-ass with a 24 year old QB, who may or may not have potentional.

Honestly, Thigpen and Martin needs all the reps they can get over Huard.

Bwana
09-13-2008, 11:50 AM
ROFL

Herm is like a crazy uncle that sits in the corner, ranting to himself, shitting his pants and flinging poo at people passing through his field of vision. There's not much you can do about him, but he puts on one hell of a show.

Reerun_KC
09-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Personally, I just don't see any reason why Huard should be starting. Everybody accepted the fact that we are rebuilding, why rebuild with a suck-ass 34 year old QB who has no plans into the future, where it's a wiser choice to suck-ass with a 24 year old QB, who may or may not have potentional.

Honestly, Thigpen and Martin needs all the reps they can get over Huard.
Why Huard is still on the roster is beyond comprehention... He adds absolutely zero value to the youth of this team...

Other than KC, Huard wouldnt even be in the NFL.. That is truely how pathetic the situation really is... And people are actually thinking Huard is the answer for this team...

It is beyond sad how far this franchise has fallen. We are quickly surpassing the Detroit Lions... Carl is quickly becoming Matt Millen...

L.A. Chieffan
09-13-2008, 11:53 AM
What a disaster cluster**** of an organization we are.

**** it, lets go bowling.

Rasputin
09-13-2008, 12:27 PM
How manny yards for TG to record yet another TE record? & witch QB is going to throw him the ball?

KCJohnny
09-13-2008, 09:50 PM
That is retarded. You are retarded.

Sorry, Mr. Jenkins. This photo (http://clickme.50webs.org/) of me and my wife is all I can offer as an apology for my football stupidity.

Please pardon me.

pr_capone
09-13-2008, 10:45 PM
Sorry, Mr. Jenkins. This photo (http://clickme.50webs.org/) of me and my wife is all I can offer as an apology for my football stupidity.

Please pardon me.

weakest

ever