PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Dr Pepper

luv
09-12-2008, 09:56 PM
Is it just poular in certain places? I'm finding a lot of places having Mr Pibb instead.

Saulbadguy
09-12-2008, 09:57 PM
It's the best in the biz.

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2008, 09:58 PM
I love Dr. Pepper here in southcentral Kansas. Mr Pibb? That's just wrong. They don't even have it here.

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2008, 09:59 PM
I can't distinguish the 23 flavors though :(

Mecca
Do you mean like fast food joints and shit like that?

If they have Pibb it's because they carry coke products.

Mr Luzcious
Dr. Pepper makes the world taste better.

Reaper16
09-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Me = drinking Dr. Pepper right now.

RJ
09-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Dr. Pepper evokes memories of my childhood.

Mr. Pibb evokes memories of another company trying to do a knockoff of my childhood memories.

JuicesFlowing
Props to Dr. Pepper for making the 22 ounce bottle ... that was nice.

BigMeatballDave
Do you mean like fast food joints and shit like that?

If they have Pibb it's because they carry coke products.Thats not always the case. Burger King sells Coke products and Dr. Pepper.

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I worked for Coca-Cola once in my life ... they distribute Dr. Pepper. But so does Pepsi, Sysco, and other companies. It depends.

Dallas Chief
09-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Anyone ever try Dublin Dr. Pepper?

boogblaster
09-12-2008, 10:12 PM
FDP... Im a Coke Man ... Origional ...

Mr Luzcious
09-12-2008, 10:13 PM
FDP... Im a Coke Man ... Original ...
Gangsters?

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2008, 10:13 PM
Anyone ever try Dublin Dr. Pepper?

What is that? I've been to Dublin, Ireland. I didn't try Dr. Pepper there.:shake:

Buehler445
09-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Pibb is a Coke product.

If DP isn't there it is because Coke won't allow it.

DP is distributed independently IIRC.

kcxiv
09-12-2008, 10:15 PM
My softdrink of choice these days is Tropicana Pink Lemonade. Its kinda gay sounding, but its really good stuff.

Sure-Oz
09-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Diet Dr Pepper + Skyy Vanilla=heaven

JuicesFlowing
09-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Diet Dr Pepper + Skyy Vanilla=heaven

I hate diet anything, but Diet Dr. pepper is the closest to the real thing. or maybe Diet Mt. Dew, I can't remember ...

Sure-Oz
09-12-2008, 10:21 PM
I hate diet anything, but Diet Dr. pepper is the closest to the real thing. or maybe Diet Mt. Dew, I can't remember ...

I like Diet DR P better than regular....that and coke zero are the only pop i drink

prhom
09-12-2008, 10:27 PM
Anyone ever had Dr. Slice? I used to like that a lot, but I'm not sure if they make it anymore. I always thought Dr. Pepper was more popular in the south.

Bugeater
09-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Dr Pepper the most disgusting carbonated beverage ever made, and their commercials are some of the most annoying ever aired on television.

luv
09-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Me = drinking Dr. Pepper right now.

Me = drinking Mr Pibb right now. :grr:

Toad
09-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Pibb is a Coke product.

Right on 2 counts. Pibb is coke and coke probably negotiated a deal with them to be exclusive so they won't allow DP at that restaurant. DP is bottled and distributed by either Pepsi, coke or DPSG (DR Pepper Snapple Group) nationally. But, DPSG does have their own bottling system. They operate mainly in TX and Oklahoma with some other smaller geographies. Everywhere else Pepsi or coke pretty much bottles and distributes.

Where you see DP with coke or Pepsi is most likely where one or the other distributes it.

luv
09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Thats not always the case. Burger King sells Coke products and Dr. Pepper.

That's the way Springfield is. I've been hard pressed to find Dr Pepper in a vending machine up around KC. The one here in the hotel lobby doesn't carry it either. I realize it's a Coke machine, but still....

Toad
09-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Anyone ever had Dr. Slice? I used to like that a lot, but I'm not sure if they make it anymore. I always thought Dr. Pepper was more popular in the south.

DP was created in Waco Texas. Thier strong share areas are TX, OK, and FL.

Mr Luzcious
09-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Me = drinking Mr Pibb right now. :grr:

Me = drinking a hy vee brand knock off of mountain dew, called "heee haw." :cuss:

Bugeater
09-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Teh gheyest.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v8DWf-rSHn0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v8DWf-rSHn0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BigMeatballDave
DP is distributed independently IIRC.Yes. Dr. Pepper is its own company. The Dr. Pepper Snapple Group. Used to be Schwepps.

luv
DP was created in Waco Texas. Thier strong share areas are TX, OK, and FL.

And SWMO (Springfield area, anyway).

luv
09-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Me = drinking a hy vee brand knock off of mountain dew, called "heee haw." :cuss:

Wow. I think you've got me beat. :p

Toad
09-12-2008, 10:35 PM
That's the way Springfield is. I've been hard pressed to find Dr Pepper in a vending machine up around KC. The one here in the hotel lobby doesn't carry it either. I realize it's a Coke machine, but still....

Vending is a whole different story, but works more along the lines of "exclusive" principle. Vending machines are pretyy much either coke or Pepsi or DP brands (DP, Crush, Hawaiian Punch etc).

BigMeatballDave
09-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Dr Pepper the most disgusting carbonated beverage ever made, and their commercials are some of the most annoying ever aired on television.Nebraska people are the ghey...

Bugeater
09-12-2008, 10:47 PM
Nebraska people are the ghey...

Are you retarted? It's "teh" ghey.

Reaper16
09-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Dr Pepper the most disgusting carbonated beverage ever made
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:mad:

luv
09-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Are you retarted? It's "teh" ghey.

LMAO

I fought the urge to point that out, since he sides with me on the Dr Pepper issue.

Bugeater
09-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Oh yeah! I wanna be like this dork!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjWcbz00Wm4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjWcbz00Wm4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

luv
09-12-2008, 10:55 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjWcbz00Wm4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjWcbz00Wm4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

If I pass out before you tomorrow night, then I'll say you're right. How's that?

Mr Luzcious
09-12-2008, 10:55 PM

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjWcbz00Wm4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

LMAO I actually find that one fairly amusing.

Bugeater
09-12-2008, 10:56 PM
If I pass out before you tomorrow night, then I'll say you're right. How's that?

Right about what? That Dr Pepper sucks? Or that guy is a dork? Or both?

Dallas Chief
09-12-2008, 10:58 PM
What is that? I've been to Dublin, Ireland. I didn't try Dr. Pepper there.:shake:

Nope. It's bottled in Dublin, TX. Made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Yum!

Hard to find outside of Texas and fetches a premium- even at Wal-Mart.

luv
09-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Right about what? That Dr Pepper sucks? Or that guy is a dork? Or both?

Dr Pepper sucking.

Dallas Chief
09-12-2008, 11:00 PM
http://www.dublindrpepper.com/

Bugeater
09-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Dr Pepper sucking.

It's just an opinion. I'm not sure why I'm so repulsed by that stuff but I am.

I'll still drink you under the table though.

luv
09-12-2008, 11:05 PM

I'll still drink you under the table though.

And when you don't, you'll say you got an earlier start.

And when you do, I'll say it's becasue I have a lot of driving to do on Sunday.

:)

Bugeater
09-12-2008, 11:08 PM
And when you don't, you'll say you got an earlier start.

And when you do, I'll say it's becasue I have a lot of driving to do on Sunday.

:)
I won't be getting an early start tomorrow, I may not get there until 3 or 4. I started at 11 AM last year...

TinyEvel
09-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Hey, if you're a fan... Our agency handles the Dr. Pepper account.

I can try to get you some swag, tho, I don't work on that brand.

Nice
09-13-2008, 12:50 AM
Mr Pibb=Pepsi, Dr Pepper=Coke.

Reaper16
09-13-2008, 12:51 AM
Mr Pibb=Pepsi, Dr Pepper=Coke.
This seems incorrect.

keg in kc
09-13-2008, 12:54 AM
Love DrPepper but not at all opposed to the occasional Pibb xtra.

Nice
09-13-2008, 01:01 AM
This seems incorrect.

It's perceived that way.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 06:49 AM
Mr Pibb=Pepsi, Dr Pepper=Coke.Wrong

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 06:51 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjWcbz00Wm4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tjWcbz00Wm4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>Are you freakin kidding me? That ad is hilarious. LMAO

smittysbar
09-13-2008, 06:52 AM
We serve Coke products at the bar, therefore we have Mr. Pibb on tap

Deberg_1990
09-13-2008, 06:55 AM
Mr. Pibb tastes better than Dr. Pepper to me for some reason??

I cant find Pibb down here in Texas. Dr. Pepper is king down here.

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 06:57 AM
To each his own. Its my favorite. Its so sweet, I can understand why someone wouldn't like it.

gblowfish
09-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Nope. It's bottled in Dublin, TX. Made with Imperial Pure Cane Sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Yum!

Hard to find outside of Texas and fetches a premium- even at Wal-Mart.

They used to have this on the fountain at Jason's Deli a OPKS. Last time I went in they didn't have it though.

Very tasty, but super high in calories. Diabetes in a bottle.

Spott
09-13-2008, 08:02 AM
If I'm in the mood to drink pop, I usually drink Dr Pepper or Mr Pibb if Dr Pepper isn't available. Most of the restaurants down here seem to carry coke products, but I prefer sweet tea myself.

Kerberos
09-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Pibb is a Coke product.

Dr. Pepper is distributed independently but it depends on WHO holds the rights to distribute it in WHAT area.

Pepsi has it in certain areas, Coca-Cola has it in some areas and some areas it is distributed by itself with 7UP as they are the same company.

Coke can't sell finished product (canned or bottled) in an area that is owned in rights by Pepsi or Dr. Pepper/7UP(and vise versa with the other two) but they can sell unfinished product anywhere (syrup BIB) IIRC.

If they sell Mr.Pibb in some places instead of Dr.Pepper its because they have an obligation to sell Mr.Pibb as much as possible because the make more $ and it helps brand recognition by pushing it more. McDonalds/BurgerKing/Wendys etc all have contracts with Coca-Cola to distribute Dr.Pepper as well as the other coke products.

IIRC McDonalds has it OWN syrup producing facility somewhere in the USA that does NOTHING but produces all syrups they sell in every McDonalds nation wide. Coca-Cola and Dr Pepper sell so much in McDonalds that they pretty much give them the right to produce it free just for the brand recognition. Last I heard there was a Tractor Trailer coming or going out of that facility every 10 minutes to pick up or head out for delivery nationwide.

Mr Pibb may only be in Coca Cola vending machines around you Luv because they either don't have the rights to distribute Dr Pepper there or they have to oblige Coke USA by putting Mr.Pibb in a certain amount of vending machines rather than Dr Pepper? If you don't find EITHER it is because they don't have rights to Dr Pepper and Mr. Pibb is a DOG and it doesn't sell.?.? Who Knows?

BigMeatballDave
09-13-2008, 10:14 AM
Dr. Pepper is distributed independently but it depends on WHO holds the rights to distribute it in WHAT area.

Pepsi has it in certain areas, Coca-Cola has it in some areas and some areas it is distributed by itself with 7UP as they are the same company.

Coke can't sell finished product (canned or bottled) in an area that is owned in rights by Pepsi or Dr. Pepper/7UP(and vise versa with the other two) but they can sell unfinished product anywhere (syrup BIB) IIRC.

If they sell Mr.Pibb in some places instead of Dr.Pepper its because they have an obligation to sell Mr.Pibb as much as possible because the make more $ and it helps brand recognition by pushing it more. McDonalds/BurgerKing/Wendys etc all have contracts with Coca-Cola to distribute Dr.Pepper as well as the other coke products.

IIRC McDonalds has it OWN syrup producing facility somewhere in the USA that does NOTHING but produces all syrups they sell in every McDonalds nation wide. Coca-Cola and Dr Pepper sell so much in McDonalds that they pretty much give them the right to produce it free just for the brand recognition. Last I heard there was a Tractor Trailer coming or going out of that facility every 10 minutes to pick up or head out for delivery nationwide.

Mr Pibb may only be in Coca Cola vending machines around you Luv because they either don't have the rights to distribute Dr Pepper there or they have to oblige Coke USA by putting Mr.Pibb in a certain amount of vending machines rather than Dr Pepper? If you don't find EITHER it is because they don't have rights to Dr Pepper and Mr. Pibb is a DOG and it doesn't sell.?.? Who Knows?
Not anymore. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper_Snapple_Group 7UP is part of it though. Several brands involved.
http://www.drpeppersnapplegroup.com/brands/

gblowfish
09-13-2008, 11:26 AM
http://www.dublindrpepper.com/?gclid=CJe7zeqk2ZUCFQWxsgodvS86YA

Rasputin
09-13-2008, 01:19 PM
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:nma4o5mcVwzpVM:http://bp0.blogger.com/_e

Jenson71
09-13-2008, 01:27 PM
I miss Dr. Pepper. I gave up pop for a year. Less than 4 months left!

JuicesFlowing
09-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Soda, cola, pop, whatever you call it is probably the easiest addiction for me to give up. I think I've gone a month without it before, but I really can't live without it.

irishjayhawk
09-13-2008, 02:35 PM
I miss Dr. Pepper. I gave up pop for a year. Less than 4 months left!

I wish I could do just a month. :/

KcMizzou
09-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Soda, cola, pop, whatever you call it is probably the easiest addiction for me to give up. I think I've gone a month without it before, but I really can't live without it.I think I could handle it, if I switched to iced tea. I just haven't had the urge.

Sometimes I get tired of the carbonation. Iced tea's a nice change of pace.

Toad
09-13-2008, 02:55 PM

That is a very good summary. Pepsi and coke are divided into 2 main companies - concentrate company (sells BIB and/or syrup) and the bottling companies. The bottling companies are the distributors.

The only part of your post that is NOT true is that neither coke or Pepsi allow any company (not even McDonalds) to produce their products. The may be allowed to distribute out of a central McDonalds facility though.

Kerberos
09-14-2008, 09:35 AM
That is a very good summary. Pepsi and coke are divided into 2 main companies - concentrate company (sells BIB and/or syrup) and the bottling companies. The bottling companies are the distributors.

The only part of your post that is NOT true is that neither coke or Pepsi allow any company (not even McDonalds) to produce their products. The may be allowed to distribute out of a central McDonalds facility though.

I have no idea about the McDonalds production that is something my boss told me a dozen years ago when I worke for Coca-Cola.

He also told me the story about the NEW COKE was produced because of patent was coming up and Coke didn't want the patent to be given up. The story is in Snopes as FALSE but it was believable as the McDonlalds thing was so it may very well be a fable as well? :shrug: